Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Morning can work for me since I don't have anything penciled in at any particular time tomorrow. Smile

I just realized I don't think I've played the game at all since achievements got added so I wonder how many I'll end up earning while playing tomorrow? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Morning can work for me since I don't have anything penciled in at any particular time tomorrow. Smile

I just realized I don't think I've played the game at all since achievements got added so I wonder how many I'll end up earning while playing tomorrow? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Good question, will be fun to try and get as many as possible while we play. I'm definitely hoping to get lucky and we get a Banshee. If we do at any point, I'm 100% going to try to suicide against it to get that achievement, haha. You will just hear me running after the ghost going, "CHOKE ME. PLEASE!"
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Good question, will be fun to try and get as many as possible while we play. I'm definitely hoping to get lucky and we get a Banshee. If we do at any point, I'm 100% going to try to suicide against it to get that achievement, haha. You will just hear me running after the ghost going, "CHOKE ME. PLEASE!"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the Banshee achievement work with a cursed hunt too? If so an easy way to farm it might be on the high school map because don't all the cursed items spawn in the lobby so finding it will be quick enough to just use it and get yourself killed in the time limit?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the Banshee achievement work with a cursed hunt too? If so an easy way to farm it might be on the high school map because don't all the cursed items spawn in the lobby so finding it will be quick enough to just use it and get yourself killed in the time limit?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The developers have shared a new roadmap for the game heading into 2024, which vastly alters a lot of the proposed plans in the previous roadmap that was first shared back in May 2023.

[Image: 83646a91d74f86e66721a008b0a254767253e390.png]

As you can see in the image, any dates for when major content will be released have been removed. There is also a new section for smaller or miscellaneous updates that will be added to the game as soon as they are ready, which includes the console port, Point Hope map, map reworks and other new maps, bug fixes and performance improvements.

The first update from the new roadmap will be next week when the Holiday Event is removed and will include the Lighting changes, new Eye Adaption and Screen Space Global Illumination settings.

Console Update
On the subject of the console port, the developers have shared that whenever it does release that players will have the following on day one:
  • The new and improved upcoming Shop experience
  • The upcoming adjustments to the leveling and equipment tiers
  • Minor balance changes.
  • Large optimizations across the board to keep the game's graphical quality as close to PC as possible while also improving how the game runs overall.
This will all result in Console players getting the best experience as soon as they receive the game, instead of large portions of gameplay and progression changing just after it releases.

Point Hope
The next, long-awaited location for Phasmophobia will soon be upon us: Point Hope Lighthouse. Before it arrives, the developers have shared screenshots and details about the upcoming map:
  • New visual theme and a widely different gameplay experience, similar to the Campsites.
  • As it's a lighthouse, the rooms are circular and encompass a whole floor. This has allowed the developers to create several looping spots and plan hiding spots near or far from staircases forcing players to make a quick decision whilst running from a paranormal attacker.
  • Maintenance Room - Screenshot
  • Main Bathroom - Screenshot

Farmhouse Reworks
Bleasdale and Grafton are the next two maps receiving reworks. Each map will be made more distinct by getting their own visual identity and theme, and both farmhouses will receive a reasonably sized layout adjustment, with a focus on making the buildings feel more authentic. This means fewer bedrooms/bathrooms and more rooms with purpose for the family that may have lived there.

Grafton, the smaller farmhouse, has seen better days in the new design; floors, ceilings and windows collapsing, furniture broken or covered in sheets ready to be packed and dust and cobwebs covering every nook and cranny.

The twin bedroom has been converted into a large seamstress workshop, full of old mannequins, rolls of cloth and fabric, and drawings scattered amongst the floor. The many clothes rails scattered amongst the floor make great hiding spots and areas to loop ghosts, just don't look the mannequins in the eye...

[Image: 71fcfe48ba05dc038fe495fbf8e2a17388b26e50.png]

Bleasdale will receive the opposite treatment; as it is such a large building, we wanted to nudge it closer to the grand mansion-style house it had once been. Rooms will be ornate and cluttered with statues and expensive belongings.

Some rooms have been repurposed, with one bedroom now becoming the owner's collectable room; filled with rare objects from his travels, guns, cultural trinkets and memorabilia filling glass cases. Another bedroom has been converted into the wife's tea room, adorned with doilies, plates painted with cute animals and lots of pink.

Lastly, the attic has had quite the overhaul. The staircase has been moved and the room itself has been split into two parts. The first half is the attic storage, crammed to the brim with barely stable boxes, old furniture and dusty memories. The second half has been inhabited by the couple's granddaughter; a girl that loves the unknown. Her self-converted bedroom is covered with witchy belongings, suspiciously haunting books and dreamcatchers.

[Image: ef774da092fcfa4a836be378e9564ba43ab49491.png]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The developers have shared a new roadmap for the game heading into 2024, which vastly alters a lot of the proposed plans in the previous roadmap that was first shared back in May 2023.

[Image: 83646a91d74f86e66721a008b0a254767253e390.png]

As you can see in the image, any dates for when major content will be released have been removed. There is also a new section for smaller or miscellaneous updates that will be added to the game as soon as they are ready, which includes the console port, Point Hope map, map reworks and other new maps, bug fixes and performance improvements.

The first update from the new roadmap will be next week when the Holiday Event is removed and will include the Lighting changes, new Eye Adaption and Screen Space Global Illumination settings.

Console Update
On the subject of the console port, the developers have shared that whenever it does release that players will have the following on day one:
  • The new and improved upcoming Shop experience
  • The upcoming adjustments to the leveling and equipment tiers
  • Minor balance changes.
  • Large optimizations across the board to keep the game's graphical quality as close to PC as possible while also improving how the game runs overall.
This will all result in Console players getting the best experience as soon as they receive the game, instead of large portions of gameplay and progression changing just after it releases.

Point Hope
The next, long-awaited location for Phasmophobia will soon be upon us: Point Hope Lighthouse. Before it arrives, the developers have shared screenshots and details about the upcoming map:
  • New visual theme and a widely different gameplay experience, similar to the Campsites.
  • As it's a lighthouse, the rooms are circular and encompass a whole floor. This has allowed the developers to create several looping spots and plan hiding spots near or far from staircases forcing players to make a quick decision whilst running from a paranormal attacker.
  • Maintenance Room - Screenshot
  • Main Bathroom - Screenshot

Farmhouse Reworks
Bleasdale and Grafton are the next two maps receiving reworks. Each map will be made more distinct by getting their own visual identity and theme, and both farmhouses will receive a reasonably sized layout adjustment, with a focus on making the buildings feel more authentic. This means fewer bedrooms/bathrooms and more rooms with purpose for the family that may have lived there.

Grafton, the smaller farmhouse, has seen better days in the new design; floors, ceilings and windows collapsing, furniture broken or covered in sheets ready to be packed and dust and cobwebs covering every nook and cranny.

The twin bedroom has been converted into a large seamstress workshop, full of old mannequins, rolls of cloth and fabric, and drawings scattered amongst the floor. The many clothes rails scattered amongst the floor make great hiding spots and areas to loop ghosts, just don't look the mannequins in the eye...

[Image: 71fcfe48ba05dc038fe495fbf8e2a17388b26e50.png]

Bleasdale will receive the opposite treatment; as it is such a large building, we wanted to nudge it closer to the grand mansion-style house it had once been. Rooms will be ornate and cluttered with statues and expensive belongings.

Some rooms have been repurposed, with one bedroom now becoming the owner's collectable room; filled with rare objects from his travels, guns, cultural trinkets and memorabilia filling glass cases. Another bedroom has been converted into the wife's tea room, adorned with doilies, plates painted with cute animals and lots of pink.

Lastly, the attic has had quite the overhaul. The staircase has been moved and the room itself has been split into two parts. The first half is the attic storage, crammed to the brim with barely stable boxes, old furniture and dusty memories. The second half has been inhabited by the couple's granddaughter; a girl that loves the unknown. Her self-converted bedroom is covered with witchy belongings, suspiciously haunting books and dreamcatchers.

[Image: ef774da092fcfa4a836be378e9564ba43ab49491.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
@Moonface

Phasmo Easter event is up and running. You know what that means!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
@Moonface

Phasmo Easter event is up and running. You know what that means!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is it the same as last year with just finding eggs around the map or did they switch anything up?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is it the same as last year with just finding eggs around the map or did they switch anything up?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's not even remotely the same. It's so vastly different from the previous Easter events. I don't know what you have to do for the build-up of the event, but all I know is that the final step is Camp Woodwind where you need to take a picture of the special ghost model + guess the ghost correct in order to finish the event and clam the trophy.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's not even remotely the same. It's so vastly different from the previous Easter events. I don't know what you have to do for the build-up of the event, but all I know is that the final step is Camp Woodwind where you need to take a picture of the special ghost model + guess the ghost correct in order to finish the event and clam the trophy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ooh, neat. I looked around and managed to find something detailing what the event wants this time:
  • Go to all marked maps, and locate the Jackalope footprints on each.
  • Equipment needed to do so is provided at the map entrances if you do not have it to bring yourself (Photo Camera, D.O.T.S., UV).
  • Footprint locations do not change each time.
  • Follow the correct footprints to locate the Jackalope nest.
  • Take a photo of the Jackalope when it appears.
  • You don't need to identify the ghost. You can just leave the map after taking the photo once the "Forest Spirit Minion" appears in the Journal.
  • After all marked maps are done, go to Camp Woodwind and take a ghost photo.
  • You must identify the ghost on Camp Woodwind correctly to finish the event. Custom settings can be used to make the ghost friendly.

I'm not doing anything early on Sunday so for anyone interested we could try and do the event then. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ooh, neat. I looked around and managed to find something detailing what the event wants this time:
  • Go to all marked maps, and locate the Jackalope footprints on each.
  • Equipment needed to do so is provided at the map entrances if you do not have it to bring yourself (Photo Camera, D.O.T.S., UV).
  • Footprint locations do not change each time.
  • Follow the correct footprints to locate the Jackalope nest.
  • Take a photo of the Jackalope when it appears.
  • You don't need to identify the ghost. You can just leave the map after taking the photo once the "Forest Spirit Minion" appears in the Journal.
  • After all marked maps are done, go to Camp Woodwind and take a ghost photo.
  • You must identify the ghost on Camp Woodwind correctly to finish the event. Custom settings can be used to make the ghost friendly.

I'm not doing anything early on Sunday so for anyone interested we could try and do the event then. ^_^
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I of course will be available tomorrow morning/early afternoon, tomorrow night, Monday morning/early afternoon or Monday night for anyone who would like to play and go for the trophy. Shouldn't take too terribly long to get, thankfully.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I of course will be available tomorrow morning/early afternoon, tomorrow night, Monday morning/early afternoon or Monday night for anyone who would like to play and go for the trophy. Shouldn't take too terribly long to get, thankfully.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only times I'm not available that line up with yours DL is tomorrow afternoon and Monday morning. I'll probably aim to do the Easter event tomorrow though at some point. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only times I'm not available that line up with yours DL is tomorrow afternoon and Monday morning. I'll probably aim to do the Easter event tomorrow though at some point. Wink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yep, just let me know if you decide you want to try to do it in the morning or at night. I can try to get up a little earlier than normal Sunday night to squeeze it in then if that would be more comfortable for you tomorrow. Just need to know a general time frame of when about you'd be wanting to play so I know when to try to be awake by, haha.

Otherwise as I mentioned, I'll also be available in the morning probably around 8-9 AM Central time.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yep, just let me know if you decide you want to try to do it in the morning or at night. I can try to get up a little earlier than normal Sunday night to squeeze it in then if that would be more comfortable for you tomorrow. Just need to know a general time frame of when about you'd be wanting to play so I know when to try to be awake by, haha.

Otherwise as I mentioned, I'll also be available in the morning probably around 8-9 AM Central time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just finished the event, and it was pretty fun. Turns out you have to follow all the foot prints and trigger them to spawn more, and you just keep going until you get led to the nest you need to be at. I realized something was up when I went to the nest a guide was saying is the right one and nothing showed up, and then I promptly died by the ghost for daring to use a guide. ROFL

I'd say the finale is rather whatever though. It seems to just be a regular mission with nothing really special about it. I think the developers could've done more with it like they did for the finale of the Halloween event.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just finished the event, and it was pretty fun. Turns out you have to follow all the foot prints and trigger them to spawn more, and you just keep going until you get led to the nest you need to be at. I realized something was up when I went to the nest a guide was saying is the right one and nothing showed up, and then I promptly died by the ghost for daring to use a guide. ROFL

I'd say the finale is rather whatever though. It seems to just be a regular mission with nothing really special about it. I think the developers could've done more with it like they did for the finale of the Halloween event.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Outside of the ghost model being slightly edited and having new sounds during ghost events/hunts and having a new footstep sound, yeah, there was nothing really special about the last step of the event. I guess on the bright side that makes it faster to finish and easier to get so you don't spend as much time on it, but it also could have been a bit better for sure.

Too bad the devs are too afraid to make an event exclusive to a certain difficulty after the backlash they got for the first Halloween event that was locked to Nightmare mode.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Outside of the ghost model being slightly edited and having new sounds during ghost events/hunts and having a new footstep sound, yeah, there was nothing really special about the last step of the event. I guess on the bright side that makes it faster to finish and easier to get so you don't spend as much time on it, but it also could have been a bit better for sure.

Too bad the devs are too afraid to make an event exclusive to a certain difficulty after the backlash they got for the first Halloween event that was locked to Nightmare mode.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If they don't want to tie events to a difficulty, then an approach would be to give bonus XP/money for doing events on harder difficulties, just like doing normal matches works. Except for the first time you do an event on a map, you get a bigger bonus than normal the harder you make it for yourself. At least that way there's an incentive to play harder difficulties for events without excluding anyone.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If they don't want to tie events to a difficulty, then an approach would be to give bonus XP/money for doing events on harder difficulties, just like doing normal matches works. Except for the first time you do an event on a map, you get a bigger bonus than normal the harder you make it for yourself. At least that way there's an incentive to play harder difficulties for events without excluding anyone.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 12th, 2024, 09:06 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Using mouse/keyboard makes that whole process much faster than trying to use a controller, which is the main reason why I'd never play Phas with a controller (unless I decide to get it on PS5 when the console versions finally release to get the trophies).
Bringing this here so as to not derail the other thread (especially since this thread exists), I wonder what the devs are going to do in regards to the seasonal challenge trophies that appear in the cabinets for the console versions. Since there's no way to replay old events, it would mean the cabinets would always have a big empty spot for all the event trophies that have already happened in the game. Ideally I'd like it if a way to replay old events gets added so everyone who has yet to play the game gets to experience them and get the cabinet trophies too; especially since the game is still in Early Access so it'd be pretty shit to buy the game when it hits v1 and discover there are lobby items you'll never get to obtain. If gaps in the cabinets weren't a thing then I'd be less bothered about it because there wouldn't be a permanently empty cabinet but I'd still rather just have the opportunity to earn old stuff regardless of how it gets displayed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 12th, 2024, 09:06 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Using mouse/keyboard makes that whole process much faster than trying to use a controller, which is the main reason why I'd never play Phas with a controller (unless I decide to get it on PS5 when the console versions finally release to get the trophies).
Bringing this here so as to not derail the other thread (especially since this thread exists), I wonder what the devs are going to do in regards to the seasonal challenge trophies that appear in the cabinets for the console versions. Since there's no way to replay old events, it would mean the cabinets would always have a big empty spot for all the event trophies that have already happened in the game. Ideally I'd like it if a way to replay old events gets added so everyone who has yet to play the game gets to experience them and get the cabinet trophies too; especially since the game is still in Early Access so it'd be pretty shit to buy the game when it hits v1 and discover there are lobby items you'll never get to obtain. If gaps in the cabinets weren't a thing then I'd be less bothered about it because there wouldn't be a permanently empty cabinet but I'd still rather just have the opportunity to earn old stuff regardless of how it gets displayed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters Delayed to 2024 Moonface 9 1,541 Sep 9th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Moonface