Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I also brought the caulk into the van next to the computer when I died in the last game. XD

Spirit Bosx with a dead player sounds, perhaps only work through local chat if they're right next to you/nearby but the possibility or ghost voice not being heard could be a problem or considered to be the balance sort of, as of course some ghosts won't use the Spirit Box.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I also brought the caulk into the van next to the computer when I died in the last game. XD

Spirit Bosx with a dead player sounds, perhaps only work through local chat if they're right next to you/nearby but the possibility or ghost voice not being heard could be a problem or considered to be the balance sort of, as of course some ghosts won't use the Spirit Box.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I was gonna say, make the ghost voice a priority over a human player on the Spirit Box in that case.

Either that or, if the ghost already doesn't respond to Spirit Box, just let that work. Same for Ghost Writing. If that Ghost isn't doing any writing, let the dead players write in it.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I was gonna say, make the ghost voice a priority over a human player on the Spirit Box in that case.

Either that or, if the ghost already doesn't respond to Spirit Box, just let that work. Same for Ghost Writing. If that Ghost isn't doing any writing, let the dead players write in it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Does the ghost ever try to speak through the Spirit Box without being prompted by the player though? If not then a dead player and the ghost aren't likely to overlap and if they do I'd say that the ghost shouldn't be heard easily over the dead player so that dead players actually bother to pay attention to if the Spirit Box is being used to contact the ghost instead of them.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Does the ghost ever try to speak through the Spirit Box without being prompted by the player though? If not then a dead player and the ghost aren't likely to overlap and if they do I'd say that the ghost shouldn't be heard easily over the dead player so that dead players actually bother to pay attention to if the Spirit Box is being used to contact the ghost instead of them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So anyone want to play again this weekend?

Either tonight (Saturday), tomorrow morning (so Elite can play if he wants), or tomorrow night?
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So anyone want to play again this weekend?

Either tonight (Saturday), tomorrow morning (so Elite can play if he wants), or tomorrow night?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm down for whenever since I have zero homework this weekend and very little else going on in the way of obligations.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm down for whenever since I have zero homework this weekend and very little else going on in the way of obligations.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If my Dad wasn't coming over today I would've been down to play, but I probably would've still been as much use as I was last week anyway. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If my Dad wasn't coming over today I would've been down to play, but I probably would've still been as much use as I was last week anyway. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just read the new patch notes for this game and Hantu's sound like the biggest threat to look out for among all the ghosts that had changes.

Not sure if I'll ever want to try drawing Tarot Cards because I know there's one of them that can outright kill you on the spot but I also don't know what any of the others can do besides the one mentioned in the patch notes.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just read the new patch notes for this game and Hantu's sound like the biggest threat to look out for among all the ghosts that had changes.

Not sure if I'll ever want to try drawing Tarot Cards because I know there's one of them that can outright kill you on the spot but I also don't know what any of the others can do besides the one mentioned in the patch notes.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
These are the effects of all the Tarot Cards:

The Sun - Restores Sanity to 100%
The Moon - Reduces Sanity to 0%
The Tower - Causes an interaction (ghost throws something, touches a door, etc.)
The Wheel of Fortune - Restores 25% Sanity if it burns green, reduces Sanity by 25% if it burns red.
The Devil - Force a Ghost Event at the player's location.
The High Priestess - Revives a dead player, or revives the first player to die if no one is currently dead.
Hanged Man - Instantly kills the player.
Death - Triggers a Cursed Hunt.
The Hermit - Teleports the ghost back to its room and traps in there for one minute.
The Fool - Has no effect. Has a chance for any card to change to the Fool when drawn. Cards have a 100% chance to change to 'The Fool' during a Hunt.

The Devil can be a great card to draw if you're trying to get a photo of the ghost, or need a Ghost Event for an objective. l believe the Death card not only triggers a hunt, but the ghost will teleport spawn where you are and start hunting, not in its room/wherever it is when you draw the card.

But yeah, the Hanged Man can kill you instantly, and that's why one of these times when we play, I want us to have some fun and play Russian Roulette with the Tarot Cards.

Speaking of playing, I'm down to play on Sunday if anyone else wants to (either morning with Elite or night).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
These are the effects of all the Tarot Cards:

The Sun - Restores Sanity to 100%
The Moon - Reduces Sanity to 0%
The Tower - Causes an interaction (ghost throws something, touches a door, etc.)
The Wheel of Fortune - Restores 25% Sanity if it burns green, reduces Sanity by 25% if it burns red.
The Devil - Force a Ghost Event at the player's location.
The High Priestess - Revives a dead player, or revives the first player to die if no one is currently dead.
Hanged Man - Instantly kills the player.
Death - Triggers a Cursed Hunt.
The Hermit - Teleports the ghost back to its room and traps in there for one minute.
The Fool - Has no effect. Has a chance for any card to change to the Fool when drawn. Cards have a 100% chance to change to 'The Fool' during a Hunt.

The Devil can be a great card to draw if you're trying to get a photo of the ghost, or need a Ghost Event for an objective. l believe the Death card not only triggers a hunt, but the ghost will teleport spawn where you are and start hunting, not in its room/wherever it is when you draw the card.

But yeah, the Hanged Man can kill you instantly, and that's why one of these times when we play, I want us to have some fun and play Russian Roulette with the Tarot Cards.

Speaking of playing, I'm down to play on Sunday if anyone else wants to (either morning with Elite or night).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for the Tarot Cards, I knew some of them like Hanged Man, Death, High Priestess, knew Hermit was good but not what it did exactly, and knew some outcomes but not what which card did them.

Can play tomorrow, still haven't played any more since last time but I should be a bit better. I hope. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for the Tarot Cards, I knew some of them like Hanged Man, Death, High Priestess, knew Hermit was good but not what it did exactly, and knew some outcomes but not what which card did them.

Can play tomorrow, still haven't played any more since last time but I should be a bit better. I hope. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, and it's important to note that the Death card triggers a Cursed Hunt, which is a special hunt that's separate from a normal hunt. It does not work on the same cooldown, so you could, in theory, get hunted normally, immediately trigger a Cursed Hunt and then get normal hunted right after the Cursed Hunt ends for a wonderful triple hunt chain.

Great to hear that you can play tomorrow! Also don't worry about it, it'll come with time. The rest of us are still potatoes too despite having played the game several times now, so it's definitely not something that you get down fast.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, and it's important to note that the Death card triggers a Cursed Hunt, which is a special hunt that's separate from a normal hunt. It does not work on the same cooldown, so you could, in theory, get hunted normally, immediately trigger a Cursed Hunt and then get normal hunted right after the Cursed Hunt ends for a wonderful triple hunt chain.

Great to hear that you can play tomorrow! Also don't worry about it, it'll come with time. The rest of us are still potatoes too despite having played the game several times now, so it's definitely not something that you get down fast.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I swear sometimes the ghosts just have it out for you in this game. During one of the hunts I ran through four rooms and closed the door behind me every time yet the ghost still managed to find me with little trouble. I thought doing all that would have broken the ghosts trail on me and allowed me to be safe but it just kept going. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I swear sometimes the ghosts just have it out for you in this game. During one of the hunts I ran through four rooms and closed the door behind me every time yet the ghost still managed to find me with little trouble. I thought doing all that would have broken the ghosts trail on me and allowed me to be safe but it just kept going. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I absolutely suck at evading the ghost, I know I need more experience and map memory so I can run without needing a flashlight and not walk into things that slow me down. XD On Sunday I died every game with DL and Moony, although I didn't die in the two duo games myself and DL did after Moony had to go luckily, although one was a quick find and the other was relatively quick with like one hunt so was easier, and on Intermediate. Still find the controls annoying, I don't play on keyboard enough. Ah well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I absolutely suck at evading the ghost, I know I need more experience and map memory so I can run without needing a flashlight and not walk into things that slow me down. XD On Sunday I died every game with DL and Moony, although I didn't die in the two duo games myself and DL did after Moony had to go luckily, although one was a quick find and the other was relatively quick with like one hunt so was easier, and on Intermediate. Still find the controls annoying, I don't play on keyboard enough. Ah well.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2022, 03:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You could probably hook up your DualSense to use that for the game if keyboard is too tough. Even though I play a few PC games I admit the controls of this game are tough to remember on keyboard because it uses keys that other games I play don't so I forget how to do some things when I haven't played for a bit.

As for map memory, I normally try to plan out where to go once I figure where the ghost is so that I have a rough idea where I can go or where a good spot is in relation to the ghost room to hide in. Especially since on some maps like the houses the closets aren't always empty so I usually check what ones are free to hide in every time so I don't get screwed by checking them during a hunt instead.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2022, 03:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You could probably hook up your DualSense to use that for the game if keyboard is too tough. Even though I play a few PC games I admit the controls of this game are tough to remember on keyboard because it uses keys that other games I play don't so I forget how to do some things when I haven't played for a bit.

As for map memory, I normally try to plan out where to go once I figure where the ghost is so that I have a rough idea where I can go or where a good spot is in relation to the ghost room to hide in. Especially since on some maps like the houses the closets aren't always empty so I usually check what ones are free to hide in every time so I don't get screwed by checking them during a hunt instead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll try my controller after a few more attempts I think, if it becomes more unbearable for me I definitely will. I did change a few keys about even like I made Q switch items and Z....something, it might've been a swap of the two keys I can't remember now.

I've already started checking for place to hide, like if you noticed me vanishing when we had found the room or not found getting other equipment, I'm looking about elsewhere. Even then I messed up though like I was meant to go somewhere but followed you into a bedroom, you hid in the closet so then I stupidly opted to hide by the bed because I already knew I was screwed if I tried to head back and knew I was going to die there, when before the hunt I had planned not to use that room. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll try my controller after a few more attempts I think, if it becomes more unbearable for me I definitely will. I did change a few keys about even like I made Q switch items and Z....something, it might've been a swap of the two keys I can't remember now.

I've already started checking for place to hide, like if you noticed me vanishing when we had found the room or not found getting other equipment, I'm looking about elsewhere. Even then I messed up though like I was meant to go somewhere but followed you into a bedroom, you hid in the closet so then I stupidly opted to hide by the bed because I already knew I was screwed if I tried to head back and knew I was going to die there, when before the hunt I had planned not to use that room. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hiding by the bed would've been an instant death sentence since the ghost would see you there. I think you have to be entirely obscured behind furniture and beds are definitely not high enough for that. I think in that event you might just be best to try hiding right next to the wall by the door so when it opens you're behind the door, but that only works if the door opens onto a wall. If it's in the middle of the wall then I don't think it'll work because I think the ghost would see you the second it walks inside. I'm not sure if ghosts see based on what's just in front of them or if their line of sight is done as a circle around them and if that lets them see behind themselves or not. Just thinking if they came into a room and you camped by the door to the side behind it if you could ever get a lucky window of rushing out the door as they enter behind their back.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hiding by the bed would've been an instant death sentence since the ghost would see you there. I think you have to be entirely obscured behind furniture and beds are definitely not high enough for that. I think in that event you might just be best to try hiding right next to the wall by the door so when it opens you're behind the door, but that only works if the door opens onto a wall. If it's in the middle of the wall then I don't think it'll work because I think the ghost would see you the second it walks inside. I'm not sure if ghosts see based on what's just in front of them or if their line of sight is done as a circle around them and if that lets them see behind themselves or not. Just thinking if they came into a room and you camped by the door to the side behind it if you could ever get a lucky window of rushing out the door as they enter behind their back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters Delayed to 2024 Moonface 9 1,555 Sep 9th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Moonface