Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
FE: Three Houses | Pokémon Shield | Code Vein | CTR:NF | Octopath
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 4,821
Fire Emblem (Shiny) Uncharted Tekken 
I've watched a bit more and the tracking via voice in hunts is there, but has issues. The time I mentioned before was in the Tanglewood entrance hallway closet Insym was in, so it wasn't a room and the ghost is more likely to be traversing through a hallway. When in the closet he held one side closed while hiding behind that half, ghost opened the other and walked on the spot but couldn't kill. Then later Insym didn't both holding either door, talked so the ghost went there, opened the doors and killed. Another time he tested lockers (Tanglewood garage), holding the door shut guaranteed safety, when taunting the ghost on two hunts it went there, the next two hunts it did not go to the locker despite constantly talking.

Issues I've seen for talking during hunts where the ghost should be after you are hunts randomly stopping much earlier or a little after they begin and the times I've seen the player was hiding in a locker/closet, still very easy to make the ghost lose sight of you/ghost getting stuck on corners even if it was very close behind, and ghost supposedly going to where you are but it goes to the room behind where you're hiding. Example for the latter in the room with a black mat or whatever it is of...Grafton there's still a "safe spot" in the left corner with a curtain and shelving unit, even when the room is the ghost room, the ghost first went to the player but then left to go in the room behind, noticeable from hearing as if approaching from behind. Even got a clip of it: https://clips.twitch.tv/FitSpookyRaccoonPhilosoraptor

EDIT: May already be outdated as there's been even more patches, I should've watched today as it's being tested, only just tuned in and found out. https://game-updates.info/phasmophobia?37
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
FE: Three Houses | Pokémon Shield | Code Vein | CTR:NF | Octopath
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 4,821
I've watched a bit more and the tracking via voice in hunts is there, but has issues. The time I mentioned before was in the Tanglewood entrance hallway closet Insym was in, so it wasn't a room and the ghost is more likely to be traversing through a hallway. When in the closet he held one side closed while hiding behind that half, ghost opened the other and walked on the spot but couldn't kill. Then later Insym didn't both holding either door, talked so the ghost went there, opened the doors and killed. Another time he tested lockers (Tanglewood garage), holding the door shut guaranteed safety, when taunting the ghost on two hunts it went there, the next two hunts it did not go to the locker despite constantly talking.

Issues I've seen for talking during hunts where the ghost should be after you are hunts randomly stopping much earlier or a little after they begin and the times I've seen the player was hiding in a locker/closet, still very easy to make the ghost lose sight of you/ghost getting stuck on corners even if it was very close behind, and ghost supposedly going to where you are but it goes to the room behind where you're hiding. Example for the latter in the room with a black mat or whatever it is of...Grafton there's still a "safe spot" in the left corner with a curtain and shelving unit, even when the room is the ghost room, the ghost first went to the player but then left to go in the room behind, noticeable from hearing as if approaching from behind. Even got a clip of it: https://clips.twitch.tv/FitSpookyRaccoonPhilosoraptor

EDIT: May already be outdated as there's been even more patches, I should've watched today as it's being tested, only just tuned in and found out. https://game-updates.info/phasmophobia?37
Dragon Lord Offline
a
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Rogue Galaxy | Azur Lane | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 1,684
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku 
Yeah, ghosts tracking you via voice during hunts is definitely a thing now, and it's a 10/10 move that they finally added it for real.

I also love that ghosts open doors now, instead of just walking through them. It's so much creepier during a hunt when you're hiding and you just here the ghost opening every door down the hall, and you can just hear it getting closer and closer. Then you hear it open the door of the room next to you and you're just like "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!"

I was watching Sakura Tsubasa play the game the other night and she had a situation like this in the Asylum. One of her teammates ran down the hall that had the room she was hiding in, talking the entire time. So of course the ghost comes a stomping after him, but since the ghost lost track of him, it starts to open the doors and checking the rooms in the hall. She heard it open the door to the room next to her and the "oh shit..." look on her face was priceless. Then she heard it stomp, stomp, stomp right up to the door of the room she was in, and then... by a stroke of luck, the hunt ended right there, probably just a second or two before the ghost would have popped open the door and discovered her, haha. It was absolutely hilarious and creepy at the same time. Though I will say one thing they need to fix is being able to hold a door closed to prevent the ghost from getting into the room and finding you. That shit is so stupid.

On a completely unrelated note as well:

Talking to Moon about what type of ghost I'd be if I died sparked an idea in my brain. You know what kind of a mechanic I'd love to see in this game? A prankster ghost that randomly can show up on a hunt. What I mean by prankster ghost is that it's job is just to throw you off the trail of the actual ghost. It won't hunt/hurt you, but what it will do is give you signs to make you think it's the actual ghost, when it reality it's not and you're just wasting your time/sanity by chasing it. It could do things the actual ghost can do to give you hints, such as turning on lights, opening door, ringing phones, ect..

Maybe it could even leave behind fake evidence that you have to figure out if it's real or not. For example, it could leave a handprint on the door, but you take a picture of it and the book doesn't say "Fingerprints", telling you that you have found the handprint of the prankster ghost instead of the actual ghost. Or if you used the spirit box, it could give you a joke reply instead of an actual reply. Maybe you just spent 5 minutes chasing down the prankster ghost and you ask it a question and it replies with "Gotcha!" or something.

Would need a lot of refinement from the simple examples I gave, obviously, but if it was done right, it could be a really cool mechanic in the game that could really throw players off their game and maybe end up in some more player deaths. Having it just randomly shows up would also make it so players would be thrown off. When you have three games with no prankster, then your fourth does, you wouldn't know when to expect it to happen.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
a
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Yeah, ghosts tracking you via voice during hunts is definitely a thing now, and it's a 10/10 move that they finally added it for real.

I also love that ghosts open doors now, instead of just walking through them. It's so much creepier during a hunt when you're hiding and you just here the ghost opening every door down the hall, and you can just hear it getting closer and closer. Then you hear it open the door of the room next to you and you're just like "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!"

I was watching Sakura Tsubasa play the game the other night and she had a situation like this in the Asylum. One of her teammates ran down the hall that had the room she was hiding in, talking the entire time. So of course the ghost comes a stomping after him, but since the ghost lost track of him, it starts to open the doors and checking the rooms in the hall. She heard it open the door to the room next to her and the "oh shit..." look on her face was priceless. Then she heard it stomp, stomp, stomp right up to the door of the room she was in, and then... by a stroke of luck, the hunt ended right there, probably just a second or two before the ghost would have popped open the door and discovered her, haha. It was absolutely hilarious and creepy at the same time. Though I will say one thing they need to fix is being able to hold a door closed to prevent the ghost from getting into the room and finding you. That shit is so stupid.

On a completely unrelated note as well:

Talking to Moon about what type of ghost I'd be if I died sparked an idea in my brain. You know what kind of a mechanic I'd love to see in this game? A prankster ghost that randomly can show up on a hunt. What I mean by prankster ghost is that it's job is just to throw you off the trail of the actual ghost. It won't hunt/hurt you, but what it will do is give you signs to make you think it's the actual ghost, when it reality it's not and you're just wasting your time/sanity by chasing it. It could do things the actual ghost can do to give you hints, such as turning on lights, opening door, ringing phones, ect..

Maybe it could even leave behind fake evidence that you have to figure out if it's real or not. For example, it could leave a handprint on the door, but you take a picture of it and the book doesn't say "Fingerprints", telling you that you have found the handprint of the prankster ghost instead of the actual ghost. Or if you used the spirit box, it could give you a joke reply instead of an actual reply. Maybe you just spent 5 minutes chasing down the prankster ghost and you ask it a question and it replies with "Gotcha!" or something.

Would need a lot of refinement from the simple examples I gave, obviously, but if it was done right, it could be a really cool mechanic in the game that could really throw players off their game and maybe end up in some more player deaths. Having it just randomly shows up would also make it so players would be thrown off. When you have three games with no prankster, then your fourth does, you wouldn't know when to expect it to happen.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,016
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Ghosts can open doors now? Screw that, if I ever encounter that myself I don't think I'd ever be able to keep calm. My sanity would probably drain faster than that of my character's.

As for the prankster ghost idea, that could be really good. I wonder if it would work as another player option, since you can't harm anyone it wouldn't be overpowered to be human controlled. It would really just need to have ways to not just be obvious what's a prank because the human players would already know there's a prankster ghost before starting. Perhaps having cool downs like in Among Us would help to stop players spamming with it and being annoying.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Ghosts can open doors now? Screw that, if I ever encounter that myself I don't think I'd ever be able to keep calm. My sanity would probably drain faster than that of my character's.

As for the prankster ghost idea, that could be really good. I wonder if it would work as another player option, since you can't harm anyone it wouldn't be overpowered to be human controlled. It would really just need to have ways to not just be obvious what's a prank because the human players would already know there's a prankster ghost before starting. Perhaps having cool downs like in Among Us would help to stop players spamming with it and being annoying.
Dragon Lord Offline
a
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku 
Yeah, when the ghost is hunting, you'll hear it open doors to the rooms it checks. If you're hiding in a room near it on a map like the Asylum, you'll just hear the sound of it opening doors when it's hunting. It definitely adds a level of un-easiness back into the game when you're hiding and you hear it opening doors closer and closer to where you are.

Though this has caused a big issue, as I mentioned before. Since the ghost has to now open the door, instead of having no doors in the ghost realm, a player can hold the door shut and prevent the ghost from getting in. Some people say it only works with closets and lockers, but I was watching a stream where the ghost attempted to open the door to the room that all four of them were hiding in, but one of them was holding it shut and the ghost was unable to get in. They need to make it so the door opens regardless.

A player controlling a prankster ghost sounds like a fun idea, but I think in this game, it'd be way too obvious to tell when it's the prankster ghost with a player. I think keeping the game players vs AI is best over all. Also another fun prank I just thought of: The prankster ghost could lure you to the actual ghost's room, obviously without you knowing, and then immediately trigger the actual ghost to hunt. It'd be a great way to catch players off-guard and lead to some more deaths.
Dragon Lord Offline
a
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Yeah, when the ghost is hunting, you'll hear it open doors to the rooms it checks. If you're hiding in a room near it on a map like the Asylum, you'll just hear the sound of it opening doors when it's hunting. It definitely adds a level of un-easiness back into the game when you're hiding and you hear it opening doors closer and closer to where you are.

Though this has caused a big issue, as I mentioned before. Since the ghost has to now open the door, instead of having no doors in the ghost realm, a player can hold the door shut and prevent the ghost from getting in. Some people say it only works with closets and lockers, but I was watching a stream where the ghost attempted to open the door to the room that all four of them were hiding in, but one of them was holding it shut and the ghost was unable to get in. They need to make it so the door opens regardless.

A player controlling a prankster ghost sounds like a fun idea, but I think in this game, it'd be way too obvious to tell when it's the prankster ghost with a player. I think keeping the game players vs AI is best over all. Also another fun prank I just thought of: The prankster ghost could lure you to the actual ghost's room, obviously without you knowing, and then immediately trigger the actual ghost to hunt. It'd be a great way to catch players off-guard and lead to some more deaths.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(Jan 21st, 2021, 01:20 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

If a player blocks the door then the ghost should be allowed to phase through it and instantly kill the person blocking the door. The ghost would probably kill someone if it was able to enter the room anyway, so just punish whoever is annoying it by blocking the door.

It's a shame most maps don't seem to have items you need to pick up in them. If they did I'd say the prank ghost could pick them up when a player has line of sight to the item (so they at least know it's being moved) and then the ghost runs off with it to somewhere else in the house. Perhaps it could also be allowed access to the truck and be able to mess with the cameras when a player is trying to watch one of them.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Jan 21st, 2021, 01:20 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

If a player blocks the door then the ghost should be allowed to phase through it and instantly kill the person blocking the door. The ghost would probably kill someone if it was able to enter the room anyway, so just punish whoever is annoying it by blocking the door.

It's a shame most maps don't seem to have items you need to pick up in them. If they did I'd say the prank ghost could pick them up when a player has line of sight to the item (so they at least know it's being moved) and then the ghost runs off with it to somewhere else in the house. Perhaps it could also be allowed access to the truck and be able to mess with the cameras when a player is trying to watch one of them.