Dying Light 2
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 26th, 2021, 04:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah at this point, I'm just hoping for a decent game to play. As long as it retains the fun and freedom of the first game, it doesn't have to have too many crazy ambitious new features to get me interested in your sequel.

Looking forward to what's gonna be announced?
If nothing else I expect the core gameplay to be fun, just because they only need to build on what the first game already established. I also don't think the world itself will be badly done. It's just a matter of whether the story and the decision making actually works out, but the biggest appeal of the first game for a majority of people is the gameplay; I rarely see people replaying the game for the story.

As for looking forward to the announcement, I'm intrigued but I'm not going to let myself get excited too much so as to not be disappointed. There hasn't been a single time a notable update was announced for this game that didn't leave me feeling underwhelmed, so there's just no reason to get excited for updates until I start to see decent ones coming out. I still remember when their E3 update claimed to be new gameplay and almost everything was rehashed from the reveal trailer.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 26th, 2021, 04:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah at this point, I'm just hoping for a decent game to play. As long as it retains the fun and freedom of the first game, it doesn't have to have too many crazy ambitious new features to get me interested in your sequel.

Looking forward to what's gonna be announced?
If nothing else I expect the core gameplay to be fun, just because they only need to build on what the first game already established. I also don't think the world itself will be badly done. It's just a matter of whether the story and the decision making actually works out, but the biggest appeal of the first game for a majority of people is the gameplay; I rarely see people replaying the game for the story.

As for looking forward to the announcement, I'm intrigued but I'm not going to let myself get excited too much so as to not be disappointed. There hasn't been a single time a notable update was announced for this game that didn't leave me feeling underwhelmed, so there's just no reason to get excited for updates until I start to see decent ones coming out. I still remember when their E3 update claimed to be new gameplay and almost everything was rehashed from the reveal trailer.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dying Light 2 Stay Human Gameplay & Release

New gameplay for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, the game is planned for release December 7th this year. New mutations, more fluid traversing(?) and decisions affecting environment and who allies are are the main things I see being different from the first game. Gameplay looks to be how I expected but I assume there's some difference.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dying Light 2 Stay Human Gameplay & Release

New gameplay for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, the game is planned for release December 7th this year. New mutations, more fluid traversing(?) and decisions affecting environment and who allies are are the main things I see being different from the first game. Gameplay looks to be how I expected but I assume there's some difference.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I want to watch the footage again before making in depth comments on it, but I will say it looked very good and I like that night has incentives to explore rather than just finding somewhere to camp and get easy kills for double XP. I don't know how I feel about there being story DLC being locked into one of the more expensive editions of the game and that such DLC exists for a game that has been in development for so long, but Techland have supported DL1 very well for nothing so I can't be too upset about it.

Speaking of DL1, there's an event going on right now where you can cause massive damage and launch enemies with melee attacks.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I want to watch the footage again before making in depth comments on it, but I will say it looked very good and I like that night has incentives to explore rather than just finding somewhere to camp and get easy kills for double XP. I don't know how I feel about there being story DLC being locked into one of the more expensive editions of the game and that such DLC exists for a game that has been in development for so long, but Techland have supported DL1 very well for nothing so I can't be too upset about it.

Speaking of DL1, there's an event going on right now where you can cause massive damage and launch enemies with melee attacks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 - Monsters Gameplay Trailer
What horrors lurk in the world of Dying Light 2? Discover some of them, both new and old, in this new gameplay trailer featuring Aiden as he makes his way through an abandoned GRE hospital.

I really love that there's more to worry about in this game than just Volatile's when entering a dark area. A lot of dark areas in Dying Light 1 aren't really a threat because they just have the same zombies you can find outside, and Volatile's are almost never in them no matter what time of day you go in them. I also hope that we can revisit areas like this whenever we want and they're not just locked to missions, or if this one in particular is then at least have another hospital area that stays open all the time for us to play about in. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 - Monsters Gameplay Trailer
What horrors lurk in the world of Dying Light 2? Discover some of them, both new and old, in this new gameplay trailer featuring Aiden as he makes his way through an abandoned GRE hospital.

I really love that there's more to worry about in this game than just Volatile's when entering a dark area. A lot of dark areas in Dying Light 1 aren't really a threat because they just have the same zombies you can find outside, and Volatile's are almost never in them no matter what time of day you go in them. I also hope that we can revisit areas like this whenever we want and they're not just locked to missions, or if this one in particular is then at least have another hospital area that stays open all the time for us to play about in. Grin
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Anybody end up playing this when it released? I haven't but I plan on picking it up for Christmas since it'll probably be on sale for Black Friday.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Anybody end up playing this when it released? I haven't but I plan on picking it up for Christmas since it'll probably be on sale for Black Friday.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2022, 10:58 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I have not. I'm waiting for it to go cheap or get a deluxe edition since I know there's going to be lots of stuff added post launch just like the first game, so there's no rush to get it when I'll just end up with more content up front by waiting.
I also read a few gripes about the game comparing it to the first and I'm curious if those might get changed at all or not to improve the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2022, 10:58 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I have not. I'm waiting for it to go cheap or get a deluxe edition since I know there's going to be lots of stuff added post launch just like the first game, so there's no rush to get it when I'll just end up with more content up front by waiting.
I also read a few gripes about the game comparing it to the first and I'm curious if those might get changed at all or not to improve the game.