Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone wants to get some more in-depth look at the gameplay features of this game, this video also came out yesterday which I completely missed:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone wants to get some more in-depth look at the gameplay features of this game, this video also came out yesterday which I completely missed:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know @Monocle got this thanks to his post in the Elden Ring thread mentioning it, but did anyone else get the game yet or are planning to later?

For those like Monocle who have the game how is it overall? I've not really seen much about it since the release but I don't know if it's because the game is just okay or it got overshadowed by Elden Ring.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know @Monocle got this thanks to his post in the Elden Ring thread mentioning it, but did anyone else get the game yet or are planning to later?

For those like Monocle who have the game how is it overall? I've not really seen much about it since the release but I don't know if it's because the game is just okay or it got overshadowed by Elden Ring.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
the game is ugly. shadows are weird. uses too many resources on PC considering its ugly. dunno much about the story but the writing is DmC levels of bad. Dialogue is just shitty.

gameplay is fun af though. Not actually that difficult though but it's 100% so much fun to play
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
the game is ugly. shadows are weird. uses too many resources on PC considering its ugly. dunno much about the story but the writing is DmC levels of bad. Dialogue is just shitty.

gameplay is fun af though. Not actually that difficult though but it's 100% so much fun to play
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Aren't Square notorious for having awful PC versions of their games though? I know Nier Automata was atrocious and I don't recall hearing FF7R being great on PC either.

I'm not surprised that the dialogue isn't good, considering how badly the playable characters have looked and behaved in trailers. Is there any human character in this game that actually has a good design? Or do they all just look like Hollywood tried to make a Final Fantasy adaptation? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Aren't Square notorious for having awful PC versions of their games though? I know Nier Automata was atrocious and I don't recall hearing FF7R being great on PC either.

I'm not surprised that the dialogue isn't good, considering how badly the playable characters have looked and behaved in trailers. Is there any human character in this game that actually has a good design? Or do they all just look like Hollywood tried to make a Final Fantasy adaptation? Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The game itself does look like fun. Reminds me a bit of Nioh. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The game itself does look like fun. Reminds me a bit of Nioh. Smile
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 28th, 2022, 11:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Square Enix are, yes. One of the most incompetent companies you'll find out there. However, reminder that Stranger of Paradise was developed by Koei Tecmo and not Square Enix. Why the PC port is so underwhelming, I don't know. I never heard of any major issues with the PC ports of the Nioh games, or any of the Atelier games. Unless for some reason Square Enix jumped in and ported the game to PC themselves, but I don't see why they'd do that when KT was already doing the rest of the work. Then again, like I said, Square Enix is one of the most incompetent companies ran by total dipshits, so I wouldn't put something that stupid past them, I guess. 

As for getting the game, I do plan on doing so eventually, but am in no rush to at the moment. The gameplay is nearly identical to the Nioh games, which are absolutely wonderful games (just a shame that the game is pussified for baby FF fans -- heard even Hard mode is a walk through the park compared to the brutality of the Nioh games).
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 28th, 2022, 11:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Square Enix are, yes. One of the most incompetent companies you'll find out there. However, reminder that Stranger of Paradise was developed by Koei Tecmo and not Square Enix. Why the PC port is so underwhelming, I don't know. I never heard of any major issues with the PC ports of the Nioh games, or any of the Atelier games. Unless for some reason Square Enix jumped in and ported the game to PC themselves, but I don't see why they'd do that when KT was already doing the rest of the work. Then again, like I said, Square Enix is one of the most incompetent companies ran by total dipshits, so I wouldn't put something that stupid past them, I guess. 

As for getting the game, I do plan on doing so eventually, but am in no rush to at the moment. The gameplay is nearly identical to the Nioh games, which are absolutely wonderful games (just a shame that the game is pussified for baby FF fans -- heard even Hard mode is a walk through the park compared to the brutality of the Nioh games).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Trials of the Dragon King Expansion Trailer
Trials of the Dragon King, the first expansion for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin arrives July 20th!

The expansion will include the following content:
  • New Missions – After clearing the main storyline, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring the Dragon King Bahamut.
  • New Jobs and Weapon Type – In this DLC, the Pilgrim, Evoker and Summoner have been added as new jobs. Additionally, staves have been added as a new weapon type.
  • Accessories – Players can now equip accessories, which grant various special effects and status improvements. 
  • Higher Difficulty Mode – In the expansion, players can engage in a new difficulty level called BAHAMUT. To play on BAHAMUT difficulty, players will need to have completed the main game.
There are two more expansions due to come at a later date, titled "Wanderer of the Rift" and "Different Future." No release dates have been given for either expansion at this time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Trials of the Dragon King Expansion Trailer
Trials of the Dragon King, the first expansion for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin arrives July 20th!

The expansion will include the following content:
  • New Missions – After clearing the main storyline, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring the Dragon King Bahamut.
  • New Jobs and Weapon Type – In this DLC, the Pilgrim, Evoker and Summoner have been added as new jobs. Additionally, staves have been added as a new weapon type.
  • Accessories – Players can now equip accessories, which grant various special effects and status improvements. 
  • Higher Difficulty Mode – In the expansion, players can engage in a new difficulty level called BAHAMUT. To play on BAHAMUT difficulty, players will need to have completed the main game.
There are two more expansions due to come at a later date, titled "Wanderer of the Rift" and "Different Future." No release dates have been given for either expansion at this time.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
They're going with the NIOH method of doing the DLC for this game. Not surprising, considering it was made by the same team.

NIOH/NIOH 2 each had three DLCs that added new, harder difficulty modes (Way of the Demon, Way of the Wise and Way of the Nioh in those games), so I'm expecting BAHAMUT will just be the first one here as well. Fun that they are using Summon names for the difficulty modes though. Wonder what the next two will be. You'd think they would have saved Bahamut for last since Bahamut is probably the most well-known summon in the series.

Maybe second one will be IFRIT and the last will be HADES (although HADES has only appeared in a couple of FF games as a Summon).
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
They're going with the NIOH method of doing the DLC for this game. Not surprising, considering it was made by the same team.

NIOH/NIOH 2 each had three DLCs that added new, harder difficulty modes (Way of the Demon, Way of the Wise and Way of the Nioh in those games), so I'm expecting BAHAMUT will just be the first one here as well. Fun that they are using Summon names for the difficulty modes though. Wonder what the next two will be. You'd think they would have saved Bahamut for last since Bahamut is probably the most well-known summon in the series.

Maybe second one will be IFRIT and the last will be HADES (although HADES has only appeared in a couple of FF games as a Summon).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Something that wasn't mentioned in the initial details about the Dragon King expansion that I just saw is that it will allow players to choose any of Jack's recruited warriors to play as:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Something that wasn't mentioned in the initial details about the Dragon King expansion that I just saw is that it will allow players to choose any of Jack's recruited warriors to play as:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Moonface 27 1,818 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 162 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,412 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,270 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface