Dying Light 2
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Dying Light 2 was revealed during Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference, where Techland promised "your choices, your world", "where your choices have genuine consequences in the game itself".
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Dying Light 2 was revealed during Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference, where Techland promised "your choices, your world", "where your choices have genuine consequences in the game itself".
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Man, thought I posted about this earlier, but guess not. Really hyped about this title after the first game! I love the landing "death from above" things you can really make use of.

Dying Light 2 E3 2019 Trailer

Explore The City as survivor and infected Aiden in this highly anticipated sequel when it launches in the Spring of 2020.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Man, thought I posted about this earlier, but guess not. Really hyped about this title after the first game! I love the landing "death from above" things you can really make use of.

Dying Light 2 E3 2019 Trailer

Explore The City as survivor and infected Aiden in this highly anticipated sequel when it launches in the Spring of 2020.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Aiden being infected didn't really surprise me, since Crane is infected throughout Dying Light 1. Looks like they're going to put a bit more focus on it this time though, especially in gameplay due to the wristband. I wonder how it'll be kept in check this time around though, since there isn't going to be a large amount of medicine left to keep it under control like there was in Dying Light 1, so perhaps there's a way of making the medicine yourself now? Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Aiden being infected didn't really surprise me, since Crane is infected throughout Dying Light 1. Looks like they're going to put a bit more focus on it this time though, especially in gameplay due to the wristband. I wonder how it'll be kept in check this time around though, since there isn't going to be a large amount of medicine left to keep it under control like there was in Dying Light 1, so perhaps there's a way of making the medicine yourself now? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 - E3 2019 Gameplay Showcase
During E3 this past June, an extended gameplay showcase of Dying Light 2 was shown behind closed doors; today, Techland have released that footage to the public. In it, we see Aiden on a quest to get water back into the city, and the decisions the player has to make along the way that can have varying effects on the outcome.

My Thoughts:
This really should have been shown at E3. This is what I expected to see when Techland were saying we'd see gameplay footage, instead of that rehash of existing footage that wasn't even worth drumming up excitement for. I hope the next gameplay we see is just this same section, but with different choices. I want to see more of how things turn out differently so I can see for myself how diverse it actually is and have visible proof of decisions having such different outcomes that it encourages multiple playthroughs to see everything. Not something like Fallout 4 where you basically end up with the same general plot no matter what you do.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 - E3 2019 Gameplay Showcase
During E3 this past June, an extended gameplay showcase of Dying Light 2 was shown behind closed doors; today, Techland have released that footage to the public. In it, we see Aiden on a quest to get water back into the city, and the decisions the player has to make along the way that can have varying effects on the outcome.

My Thoughts:
This really should have been shown at E3. This is what I expected to see when Techland were saying we'd see gameplay footage, instead of that rehash of existing footage that wasn't even worth drumming up excitement for. I hope the next gameplay we see is just this same section, but with different choices. I want to see more of how things turn out differently so I can see for myself how diverse it actually is and have visible proof of decisions having such different outcomes that it encourages multiple playthroughs to see everything. Not something like Fallout 4 where you basically end up with the same general plot no matter what you do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 Delayed
The delays just keep coming this month with yet another game getting delayed; Dying Light 2. No new release window has been given at this time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dying Light 2 Delayed
The delays just keep coming this month with yet another game getting delayed; Dying Light 2. No new release window has been given at this time.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The fact they gave no release window at all worries me a bit, though I expect this whole delay is a result of them possibly receiving the PS5/Series X dev kits and realizing that trying to gimp their game to meet those specs was probably for naught and to just refocus their efforts into the next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced something at E3 or something that would coincide with the official announcement (presentation and all) of either console, depending on which gives them stagelights first.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The fact they gave no release window at all worries me a bit, though I expect this whole delay is a result of them possibly receiving the PS5/Series X dev kits and realizing that trying to gimp their game to meet those specs was probably for naught and to just refocus their efforts into the next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced something at E3 or something that would coincide with the official announcement (presentation and all) of either console, depending on which gives them stagelights first.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The lack of any new window tells me this isn't going to be on current gen systems, and I don't see anything on the official website indicating they were taking pre-orders for the game nor on sites for its intended platforms. Perhaps if they are using the new consoles coming out, they're taking time to do work on the game that utilises those systems more than just taking a game that struggles on current hardware and moving it to something better.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The lack of any new window tells me this isn't going to be on current gen systems, and I don't see anything on the official website indicating they were taking pre-orders for the game nor on sites for its intended platforms. Perhaps if they are using the new consoles coming out, they're taking time to do work on the game that utilises those systems more than just taking a game that struggles on current hardware and moving it to something better.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So it looks like an update on this game will be shared almost a year after the last update about this game, which was an announcement of a delay. The Techland Discord put up this message promising news in the New Year:

[Image: iV92upj.png]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So it looks like an update on this game will be shared almost a year after the last update about this game, which was an announcement of a delay. The Techland Discord put up this message promising news in the New Year:

[Image: iV92upj.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hoping this turns out to be good news, and I'm glad they're still working on it. I expect them to make realistic goals for what the end product will look like, and I also expect them to drop the PS4/X1 launches. I don't think those consoles will hold up this game very well.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hoping this turns out to be good news, and I'm glad they're still working on it. I expect them to make realistic goals for what the end product will look like, and I also expect them to drop the PS4/X1 launches. I don't think those consoles will hold up this game very well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PS4 and XBO versions are absolutely going to be nuked, and should be; they're just going to hold the game back and the developers have already set lofty goals for it. I expect the biggest hurdle was probably the story/world stuff, since the traversal and core gameplay are just building off the first game. I hope the world actually does change based on what you do and that there are real consequences, because so far any game I played that offers choice just does it artificially and I'm getting real sick of that.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PS4 and XBO versions are absolutely going to be nuked, and should be; they're just going to hold the game back and the developers have already set lofty goals for it. I expect the biggest hurdle was probably the story/world stuff, since the traversal and core gameplay are just building off the first game. I hope the world actually does change based on what you do and that there are real consequences, because so far any game I played that offers choice just does it artificially and I'm getting real sick of that.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
I played the first one. Never finished it. I found it too scary. Grin
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 15th, 2021, 02:11 PM)Mercury Wrote:
How far in did you get?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 15th, 2021, 02:11 PM)Mercury Wrote:
How far in did you get?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2021, 10:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
PS4 and XBO versions are absolutely going to be nuked, and should be; they're just going to hold the game back and the developers have already set lofty goals for it.
Well, this statement may have aged badly. Assuming this is real, the collector's edition for Dying Light 2 has been leaked and the copies shown in the image are Xbox One and PS4 copies: https://mp1st.com/news/dying-light-2-col...y-retailer

I doubt the image is outdated either, since otherwise why would only an old one leak now and not a newer one with the new systems listed instead? I've already been a little skeptical about this game due to the radio silence, but that combined with the game still being on old-gen makes me question how well it's going to run and/or look. Even if the story was needing to be redone in any way I feel like that wouldn't stop gameplay being shown if the world itself isn't changing much, so surely the only reason for the silence of everything is because something fundamental wasn't working that was impacting any footage that could be shown.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2021, 10:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
PS4 and XBO versions are absolutely going to be nuked, and should be; they're just going to hold the game back and the developers have already set lofty goals for it.
Well, this statement may have aged badly. Assuming this is real, the collector's edition for Dying Light 2 has been leaked and the copies shown in the image are Xbox One and PS4 copies: https://mp1st.com/news/dying-light-2-col...y-retailer

I doubt the image is outdated either, since otherwise why would only an old one leak now and not a newer one with the new systems listed instead? I've already been a little skeptical about this game due to the radio silence, but that combined with the game still being on old-gen makes me question how well it's going to run and/or look. Even if the story was needing to be redone in any way I feel like that wouldn't stop gameplay being shown if the world itself isn't changing much, so surely the only reason for the silence of everything is because something fundamental wasn't working that was impacting any footage that could be shown.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Techland have been teasing something about Dying Light 2 for the past few days on their social media accounts for the game, and today a number of people have received packages from Techland containing the following:

As you can see, the games official title looks to be Dying Light 2: Stay Human. However, there's more to the package than just the subtitle reveal for this game; the poster has a secret that can be seen via a UV light that states there will be something notable revealed about Dying Light 2 on May 27 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm BST.

I really hope it's something significant given the long lack of news for this game. I also hope that the original pitch didn't have to change very much, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that since I'm hesitant to buy into developer ambition after the turmoil this game has gone through plus the disaster with Cyberpunk's ambitious pitches.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Techland have been teasing something about Dying Light 2 for the past few days on their social media accounts for the game, and today a number of people have received packages from Techland containing the following:

As you can see, the games official title looks to be Dying Light 2: Stay Human. However, there's more to the package than just the subtitle reveal for this game; the poster has a secret that can be seen via a UV light that states there will be something notable revealed about Dying Light 2 on May 27 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm BST.

I really hope it's something significant given the long lack of news for this game. I also hope that the original pitch didn't have to change very much, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that since I'm hesitant to buy into developer ambition after the turmoil this game has gone through plus the disaster with Cyberpunk's ambitious pitches.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah at this point, I'm just hoping for a decent game to play. As long as it retains the fun and freedom of the first game, it doesn't have to have too many crazy ambitious new features to get me interested in your sequel.

Looking forward to what's gonna be announced?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah at this point, I'm just hoping for a decent game to play. As long as it retains the fun and freedom of the first game, it doesn't have to have too many crazy ambitious new features to get me interested in your sequel.

Looking forward to what's gonna be announced?