Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276
WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
A few days ago, I learned my cousin, who is 11 years younger than me has cancer and it is bad. This has left me sad as well as worried about her.

As far as my day, well today was my 50th birthday so it had its twists and turns. I got a surprise phone call from my parents and a couple of texts from my siblings. I am the youngest of four by ten and a half months. My sister, Amy and I are Irish Twins.
[Image: GsFGwd4.gif]
[Image: V1uxtCc.png] 
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276 WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
A few days ago, I learned my cousin, who is 11 years younger than me has cancer and it is bad. This has left me sad as well as worried about her.

As far as my day, well today was my 50th birthday so it had its twists and turns. I got a surprise phone call from my parents and a couple of texts from my siblings. I am the youngest of four by ten and a half months. My sister, Amy and I are Irish Twins.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : Ah that's good that vaccinated people won't need the hospital. Well if they're not a high-risk I take it, because he isn't however his fiancée has caught covid now and she is.
I woke up with a sore throat and that got me worried as I was careless at work Sunday wearing no mask and yesterday when I went out I wore no mask too. Thankfully my home test was negative so when I do go out today I will wear one this time.

@Daisy Johnson : Oh cool you did get contact from peeps on your birthday even if via a phone. Oh crap though, hope your cousin can beat the cancer, yikes.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : Ah that's good that vaccinated people won't need the hospital. Well if they're not a high-risk I take it, because he isn't however his fiancée has caught covid now and she is.
I woke up with a sore throat and that got me worried as I was careless at work Sunday wearing no mask and yesterday when I went out I wore no mask too. Thankfully my home test was negative so when I do go out today I will wear one this time.

@Daisy Johnson : Oh cool you did get contact from peeps on your birthday even if via a phone. Oh crap though, hope your cousin can beat the cancer, yikes.
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276
WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Yes, I did! A lot of them were on Facebook but I did have several via the phone. My sister-in-law messaged me on Facebook to wish me a happy birthday.
[Image: GsFGwd4.gif]
[Image: V1uxtCc.png] 
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276 WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Yes, I did! A lot of them were on Facebook but I did have several via the phone. My sister-in-law messaged me on Facebook to wish me a happy birthday.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 16th, 2022, 04:34 AM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
A few days ago, I learned my cousin, who is 11 years younger than me has cancer and it is bad.  This has left me sad as well as worried about her.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she pulls through or that it doesn't get worse for her. Sad

(Feb 18th, 2022, 01:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah maybe high-risk people could still end up in hospital, but I would expect it wouldn't end up with them dead or just utterly fucked like non-vaccinated people who end up in the hospital usually end up.

My day started early today by waking up at 4am to do homework, and now I'm just feeling lonely and trying to get my head right to finish my assignments due tonight.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 16th, 2022, 04:34 AM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
A few days ago, I learned my cousin, who is 11 years younger than me has cancer and it is bad.  This has left me sad as well as worried about her.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she pulls through or that it doesn't get worse for her. Sad

(Feb 18th, 2022, 01:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah maybe high-risk people could still end up in hospital, but I would expect it wouldn't end up with them dead or just utterly fucked like non-vaccinated people who end up in the hospital usually end up.

My day started early today by waking up at 4am to do homework, and now I'm just feeling lonely and trying to get my head right to finish my assignments due tonight.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My brother's OK now, got to see him on Sunday and seems his partner has almost recovered too, so that's good news, actually she might be fine now as it's been two days since then. Smile Once you feel fine you have to take two tests and both have come up negative to be able to start mixing with people outside again, my bro did that.

Hope you finished your assignments yesterday. Why were they due in the evening though, you have to send them off to the instructor when complete?

Yesterday back to work after my week off, was going fine until I went on my break late which was for an hour and they decided to make my other colleague help home shopping, that caused our department to go to crap again when we spent the day bringing it back after nights did a poor job filling up. Another person is off for two weeks but luckily only yesterday is my overtime so far, not today. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My brother's OK now, got to see him on Sunday and seems his partner has almost recovered too, so that's good news, actually she might be fine now as it's been two days since then. Smile Once you feel fine you have to take two tests and both have come up negative to be able to start mixing with people outside again, my bro did that.

Hope you finished your assignments yesterday. Why were they due in the evening though, you have to send them off to the instructor when complete?

Yesterday back to work after my week off, was going fine until I went on my break late which was for an hour and they decided to make my other colleague help home shopping, that caused our department to go to crap again when we spent the day bringing it back after nights did a poor job filling up. Another person is off for two weeks but luckily only yesterday is my overtime so far, not today. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Glad to hear about the positive recovery of your brother and his partner, EL. Hoping no long-term COVID effects afflict them now and everyone else in your family continues to stay healthy. Smile

This week was rough in terms of priorities for me. I've not meal planned at all, and it showed. Plus, with stuff at home and work taking up time I'd spend doing workouts, I neglected those. Unchanged weight this week. I'm looking to rectify that this weekend. Went hard at the gym today, and plan on meal prepping a lot this weekend to make up and make for a better coming week ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Glad to hear about the positive recovery of your brother and his partner, EL. Hoping no long-term COVID effects afflict them now and everyone else in your family continues to stay healthy. Smile

This week was rough in terms of priorities for me. I've not meal planned at all, and it showed. Plus, with stuff at home and work taking up time I'd spend doing workouts, I neglected those. Unchanged weight this week. I'm looking to rectify that this weekend. Went hard at the gym today, and plan on meal prepping a lot this weekend to make up and make for a better coming week ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 22nd, 2022, 12:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Most classes here tend to have submissions done online, and that always has a deadline of 11:59pm on the day it's due. It's rare a teacher accepts assignments in class nowadays.

My day is fine although my external HDD for my PS4 just croaked on me and refuses to power up anymore after we had a power outage this morning. Luckily it is just for the games and not my saves so the downside is I just have to reinstall my games onto the PS4 itself, but it is a pain in the arse to deal with nonetheless.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 22nd, 2022, 12:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Most classes here tend to have submissions done online, and that always has a deadline of 11:59pm on the day it's due. It's rare a teacher accepts assignments in class nowadays.

My day is fine although my external HDD for my PS4 just croaked on me and refuses to power up anymore after we had a power outage this morning. Luckily it is just for the games and not my saves so the downside is I just have to reinstall my games onto the PS4 itself, but it is a pain in the arse to deal with nonetheless.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Quite tiring, really... I didn't sleep too well on some days. But I also had days when I didn't have much to do at work - and things got better on the Saturday, when I got to meet one of my friends and catch up with him. We both enjoyed pancakes together: I had a strawberry one, while he had a bacon one. Quite different, but we both enjoyed them Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Quite tiring, really... I didn't sleep too well on some days. But I also had days when I didn't have much to do at work - and things got better on the Saturday, when I got to meet one of my friends and catch up with him. We both enjoyed pancakes together: I had a strawberry one, while he had a bacon one. Quite different, but we both enjoyed them Smile !
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I LOVE Mondays!

It's better now I'm at home and with tomorrow off. Yay. Also, thanks Shira and darn that power outage!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I LOVE Mondays!

It's better now I'm at home and with tomorrow off. Yay. Also, thanks Shira and darn that power outage!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Iffy all around and now practically at a crash which doesn't surprise me because I've been keeping shit in all week like an idiot. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Iffy all around and now practically at a crash which doesn't surprise me because I've been keeping shit in all week like an idiot. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It happens. The important thing is recognizing when it happens and hopefully acting proactive in the future when it could happen again Smile

Week started out a bit rough but it felt amazing once I got back to the gym on Thursday. Feeling a little more in control of things and hoping to see positive outcomes in the coming weeks Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It happens. The important thing is recognizing when it happens and hopefully acting proactive in the future when it could happen again Smile

Week started out a bit rough but it felt amazing once I got back to the gym on Thursday. Feeling a little more in control of things and hoping to see positive outcomes in the coming weeks Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Week was OK, Monday sucked, started to get a sore throat on Thursday and has gotten steadily worse over time. I could've had yesterday off or went home earlier, but decided to do my full 10-hour shift yesterday, and felt my throat become worse at work. Thought it might've started to get better in the evening but today it's become the worst sore throat I've ever had, it's actually painful when I swallow. Was meant to go see my step-grandad but couldn't because I was in bed until 3PM. Had a bit of lunch and about to have dinner, but ugh. The different things I'm taking for it don't last long, darn it. Hope it gets better soon, got to rest and drink a lot of liquid.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Week was OK, Monday sucked, started to get a sore throat on Thursday and has gotten steadily worse over time. I could've had yesterday off or went home earlier, but decided to do my full 10-hour shift yesterday, and felt my throat become worse at work. Thought it might've started to get better in the evening but today it's become the worst sore throat I've ever had, it's actually painful when I swallow. Was meant to go see my step-grandad but couldn't because I was in bed until 3PM. Had a bit of lunch and about to have dinner, but ugh. The different things I'm taking for it don't last long, darn it. Hope it gets better soon, got to rest and drink a lot of liquid.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got back from my trip to Orlando that I started yesterday and it was so much fun! Got to go see my first live wrestling event and it was absolutely phenomenal. Wow

AEW is everything WWE wishes it still was but instead thinks the shit it puts out now is actually decent when it's mostly hot garbage. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got back from my trip to Orlando that I started yesterday and it was so much fun! Got to go see my first live wrestling event and it was absolutely phenomenal. Wow

AEW is everything WWE wishes it still was but instead thinks the shit it puts out now is actually decent when it's mostly hot garbage. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 6th, 2022, 07:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I hope you don't have strep; that's gonna suck. You don't have any white spots at the back of your throat do ya?

Yeah I second Moony, twas a good weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow: work, clean eating, and gym.  Wink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 6th, 2022, 07:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I hope you don't have strep; that's gonna suck. You don't have any white spots at the back of your throat do ya?

Yeah I second Moony, twas a good weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow: work, clean eating, and gym.  Wink
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Haven't seen any white spots. My throat gotten better since Sunday, just less pain but still there and when my nose was fine that's starting acting up into a cold now. So I should be on the mend soon, hopefully sooner than later so I can enjoy the rest of my break from work. Sucks it's come up now during my second week off but better the phoning in sick at least two days (yesterday and tomorrow I would've been in).

Awesome your weekend was great you two! Glad AEW looks much better than WWE and you got experience a full night live. I saw on their YouTube page of the matches seemed to be on on the 6th and there was some familiar faces for Moony to see perform, plus new of course. The atmosphere must've been through the roof, and the audience were getting into it all too, right? Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Haven't seen any white spots. My throat gotten better since Sunday, just less pain but still there and when my nose was fine that's starting acting up into a cold now. So I should be on the mend soon, hopefully sooner than later so I can enjoy the rest of my break from work. Sucks it's come up now during my second week off but better the phoning in sick at least two days (yesterday and tomorrow I would've been in).

Awesome your weekend was great you two! Glad AEW looks much better than WWE and you got experience a full night live. I saw on their YouTube page of the matches seemed to be on on the 6th and there was some familiar faces for Moony to see perform, plus new of course. The atmosphere must've been through the roof, and the audience were getting into it all too, right? Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,801 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,232 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,304 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,961 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface