How Was Your Day/Week?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Bro possums, like raccoons, are dumpster munchers. They're LOADED in disease and god knows what else. That thing would've absolutely bit you if it weren't for the fact it was petrified and couldn't move Sweat

It's gonna be a great time when you can finally tell retail to go fuck itself cuz you got a career job instead. It was a very good feeling for me. Sorry about your experiences, though; people don't care about anything but themselves and how they appear.

My week's been going pretty solid. Still keeping up with my new schedule, as it's not been very hard to really stray from that. Guess I really didn't need that extra hour of sleep I was getting after all. It was leftover from pandemic hours where I'd get up and go straight to my PC to work.
Gonna start a new thing tomorrow where I start taking actual small breaks at work instead of hunkering down at my desk the entire day. I eat breakfast and lunch there, as well as distract myself with other shit, while trying to work. Work's been pretty stale lately so I've been trying to stimulate myself with other things, but in return it makes my productivity go way down. Errm

Also making gym PBs - hitting 4 1/2 miles at my 15 minute mark now, which means I can hit 9 miles in my 30 minute cardio session. Since September, I've increased my weight outputs by at least 10lbs (depends on the muscles I'm targeting - give or take 5lbs) Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Bro possums, like raccoons, are dumpster munchers. They're LOADED in disease and god knows what else. That thing would've absolutely bit you if it weren't for the fact it was petrified and couldn't move Sweat

It's gonna be a great time when you can finally tell retail to go fuck itself cuz you got a career job instead. It was a very good feeling for me. Sorry about your experiences, though; people don't care about anything but themselves and how they appear.

My week's been going pretty solid. Still keeping up with my new schedule, as it's not been very hard to really stray from that. Guess I really didn't need that extra hour of sleep I was getting after all. It was leftover from pandemic hours where I'd get up and go straight to my PC to work.
Gonna start a new thing tomorrow where I start taking actual small breaks at work instead of hunkering down at my desk the entire day. I eat breakfast and lunch there, as well as distract myself with other shit, while trying to work. Work's been pretty stale lately so I've been trying to stimulate myself with other things, but in return it makes my productivity go way down. Errm

Also making gym PBs - hitting 4 1/2 miles at my 15 minute mark now, which means I can hit 9 miles in my 30 minute cardio session. Since September, I've increased my weight outputs by at least 10lbs (depends on the muscles I'm targeting - give or take 5lbs) Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nyeh, week's been OK. Got all my normal days off for once, might have to work the following Sunday though so back to not all three days again soon. Haven't been in the mood to do much though so basically same old, same old after work.

Speaking of fitness, yeah I need to get back on that as in other than what I get at work (walking 15-30k steps and lifting).
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nyeh, week's been OK. Got all my normal days off for once, might have to work the following Sunday though so back to not all three days again soon. Haven't been in the mood to do much though so basically same old, same old after work.

Speaking of fitness, yeah I need to get back on that as in other than what I get at work (walking 15-30k steps and lifting).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Perhaps you need to start setting yourself some SMART goals, soon, EL. Probably give you some incentive to start doing those things you want to do instead of just saying you should/will. Smile

Today was pretty good. Had to rush my gym session today cuz I was made aware I needed to be in Miami in the next hour, which meant I needed to do my stretching, workout, and shower in such a short time frame to be able to make it there in time (it's an hour's drive). Made it, though. Met Trihex for the first time, and his girl Venom. They're both some really awesome and wholesome people. Wish we could've hung out a bit longer but it was getting late, and I didn't want to impede their vacation time.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Perhaps you need to start setting yourself some SMART goals, soon, EL. Probably give you some incentive to start doing those things you want to do instead of just saying you should/will. Smile

Today was pretty good. Had to rush my gym session today cuz I was made aware I needed to be in Miami in the next hour, which meant I needed to do my stretching, workout, and shower in such a short time frame to be able to make it there in time (it's an hour's drive). Made it, though. Met Trihex for the first time, and his girl Venom. They're both some really awesome and wholesome people. Wish we could've hung out a bit longer but it was getting late, and I didn't want to impede their vacation time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Better than expected. I was prepared to hear yet another load of bitching about having done something wrong on Saturday but turns out nothing got brought up, which was nice for once. It always ruins my day to have to hear negative shit within five minutes of clocking in. Errm

Finished my art history exam a little bit ago and only lost 7 out of 128 points. Now I just need to start and finish my last art project due tomorrow night and I'll finally be free of school work! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Better than expected. I was prepared to hear yet another load of bitching about having done something wrong on Saturday but turns out nothing got brought up, which was nice for once. It always ruins my day to have to hear negative shit within five minutes of clocking in. Errm

Finished my art history exam a little bit ago and only lost 7 out of 128 points. Now I just need to start and finish my last art project due tomorrow night and I'll finally be free of school work! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That's bull, coming in to crap. In what way did you think you did something wrong, not follow what you should do, cut corners, left something out? Or do you do your own way at that makes more sense then they way it's meant to be done?

Also almost mis-read your score as in didn't register the "only lost" part and thought you achieved 7/128. ROFL

Days have been average recently, not much going on. Not doing overtime yet, although they're trying to save money after a complete cock-up on nights as some/most weren't getting paid properly so I doubt I'll have to do any more until Sunday for a department move around on our's. Probably in prep for Summer. It can't be just for this week as the end is Friday so I'm assuming they want to keep sending people home early still, which will royally screw my department over on the busy days if so.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That's bull, coming in to crap. In what way did you think you did something wrong, not follow what you should do, cut corners, left something out? Or do you do your own way at that makes more sense then they way it's meant to be done?

Also almost mis-read your score as in didn't register the "only lost" part and thought you achieved 7/128. ROFL

Days have been average recently, not much going on. Not doing overtime yet, although they're trying to save money after a complete cock-up on nights as some/most weren't getting paid properly so I doubt I'll have to do any more until Sunday for a department move around on our's. Probably in prep for Summer. It can't be just for this week as the end is Friday so I'm assuming they want to keep sending people home early still, which will royally screw my department over on the busy days if so.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Normally it tends to be my manager thinking I didn't fill something before I leave, when I always do it as the last thing I do. But because he checks it 1+ hours after I do it, he sees it emptier than full and thinks I didn't fill it before I left. Either that or being told I didn't get enough done and that I have to push myself to do more work because working less than 40 hours means you should apparently kill yourself more. Rolleyes

Department move around? You mean moving where products are in the produce section?

I didn't really do as much today as I would like, but after being awake for 20 hours yesterday I just felt like having a day of doing very little.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Normally it tends to be my manager thinking I didn't fill something before I leave, when I always do it as the last thing I do. But because he checks it 1+ hours after I do it, he sees it emptier than full and thinks I didn't fill it before I left. Either that or being told I didn't get enough done and that I have to push myself to do more work because working less than 40 hours means you should apparently kill yourself more. Rolleyes

Department move around? You mean moving where products are in the produce section?

I didn't really do as much today as I would like, but after being awake for 20 hours yesterday I just felt like having a day of doing very little.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Man that sucks, they shouldn't expect people to work much more on less hours. Eh

Also yes, products moving about although I'm not sure if it's a simple say salad bags that have three sections (currently) and that goes down to two or goes up to four, taking prepped fruit down to one if the latter, as it has done before; or it's a massive change like vegetables are now on the complete opposite side of our department, swapping places with grapes and other fruit to have all fruit and all veg have one side. That hasn't happened before, the last big move was when the front of the store removed an inside wall. Perhaps something crazy like that, but even so I thought the amount of people getting prepared to come in for this evening sounded too high (6+), when if it was small section changes. Well, if it happened anyway because it got called off for another time.

As I just said, no work today in the end so spent my day inside and playing Genshin and Phasmo.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Man that sucks, they shouldn't expect people to work much more on less hours. Eh

Also yes, products moving about although I'm not sure if it's a simple say salad bags that have three sections (currently) and that goes down to two or goes up to four, taking prepped fruit down to one if the latter, as it has done before; or it's a massive change like vegetables are now on the complete opposite side of our department, swapping places with grapes and other fruit to have all fruit and all veg have one side. That hasn't happened before, the last big move was when the front of the store removed an inside wall. Perhaps something crazy like that, but even so I thought the amount of people getting prepared to come in for this evening sounded too high (6+), when if it was small section changes. Well, if it happened anyway because it got called off for another time.

As I just said, no work today in the end so spent my day inside and playing Genshin and Phasmo.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, the past few days have been s***. I have a bitch at work, yesterday my coworkers just WATCHED as I did all the goddamn work, and now just today, our water main broke! How? Because my parents decided "hey, why don't we get an EV?" and the guy installing the charger managed to drill right into it!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, the past few days have been s***. I have a bitch at work, yesterday my coworkers just WATCHED as I did all the goddamn work, and now just today, our water main broke! How? Because my parents decided "hey, why don't we get an EV?" and the guy installing the charger managed to drill right into it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 8th, 2022, 10:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh they took a wall out? I'm guessing it was a wall that divided produce from the former entertainment area?

(May 9th, 2022, 06:58 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
By bitch I assume you mean you ranted versus someone at work is a bitch? XD
EV? I also guess the guy who messed it up has to either fix it himself or his company has to cover the expenses to get it fixed by someone else?

My day has been okay. I slept really badly though so I've been tired all day and spent a few hours napping, although it didn't help much. Gonna see a movie tonight though! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 8th, 2022, 10:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh they took a wall out? I'm guessing it was a wall that divided produce from the former entertainment area?

(May 9th, 2022, 06:58 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
EV? I also guess the guy who messed it up has to either fix it himself or his company has to cover the expenses to get it fixed by someone else?

My day has been okay. I slept really badly though so I've been tired all day and spent a few hours napping, although it didn't help much. Gonna see a movie tonight though! Grin
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(May 9th, 2022, 11:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Nope, I mean a person who is a bitch. EV is Electric Vehicle, and in a move that stunned me, yes, the company is paying for that repair. Also, in the time since posting that, I found out that the program that makes the schedules rolled a botch for tonight, and forgot to assign anyone to clean the floors, so guess who's staying an hour late to do so?!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Nope, I mean a person who is a bitch. EV is Electric Vehicle, and in a move that stunned me, yes, the company is paying for that repair. Also, in the time since posting that, I found out that the program that makes the schedules rolled a botch for tonight, and forgot to assign anyone to clean the floors, so guess who's staying an hour late to do so?!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Yep that's the wall that was removed. Keep forgetting how long it's been since you were there and never saw it, oh except the photos I sent, they might have shown it...or I didn't get that part, can't remember.

Ah, even though your day sounded much worse, mine was similar in that I was on my own doing work (well for 3hrs) and almost stayed later than I was meant to, OK I did for 15 mins, only to put loose bananas out because the hammock was very close to empty and lift some stock up under empty trays. What I mean by staying though is because I had a multitude of tasks I could've done but ran out of time, one namely being to fill salad bags as that was even more empty than the hammock. Chose not to in hopes someone realises it and has to ask why nobody was in to fill/to 9PM. Because they need to hurry up as we effing need more colleagues! Also the fact they're still trying to save money, so I went a bit after my 7 hour shift and not stay to get the salad done at least. I don't care as it's a new day now, and I'm not in. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Yep that's the wall that was removed. Keep forgetting how long it's been since you were there and never saw it, oh except the photos I sent, they might have shown it...or I didn't get that part, can't remember.

Ah, even though your day sounded much worse, mine was similar in that I was on my own doing work (well for 3hrs) and almost stayed later than I was meant to, OK I did for 15 mins, only to put loose bananas out because the hammock was very close to empty and lift some stock up under empty trays. What I mean by staying though is because I had a multitude of tasks I could've done but ran out of time, one namely being to fill salad bags as that was even more empty than the hammock. Chose not to in hopes someone realises it and has to ask why nobody was in to fill/to 9PM. Because they need to hurry up as we effing need more colleagues! Also the fact they're still trying to save money, so I went a bit after my 7 hour shift and not stay to get the salad done at least. I don't care as it's a new day now, and I'm not in. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 9th, 2022, 11:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Aww, that sucks. Is she someone above you or just another regular colleague?
You're shocked the company that screwed up are paying for the repair? Was there anything about them in particular that implied otherwise or are you just cynical about any company owning up to and covering such an error?
On the subject of schedules, my store is full of people who have no idea when they're scheduled for because the new login method doesn't let them into their accounts for some reason. I even tried helping some coworkers out because I was getting in fine but they just couldn't get it to stop claiming something was wrong. ROFL

(May 10th, 2022, 09:19 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well just remember when I was there the freezers hadn't been updated so if anything happened after that time, I didn't see it. Tongue
As for drawing that line in the sand, I do that at work while others just insist on staying for 11-12+ hours to get everything done and I hate that approach. If it can't get done in a day because there's more workload than there is people/hours then the store needs to address the problem instead of having people kill themselves repeatedly to plug the holes in the ship. Errm

My day has been fine I guess, but sleeping the last few nights has gone awful for me because I've been incredibly restless at night. Last night was so bad I only got four hours of sleep. At least I don't have school to worry about while tired nowadays though so at least feeling like a zombie for the evening won't bite me in the arse anywhere else. Meh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 9th, 2022, 11:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Aww, that sucks. Is she someone above you or just another regular colleague?
You're shocked the company that screwed up are paying for the repair? Was there anything about them in particular that implied otherwise or are you just cynical about any company owning up to and covering such an error?
On the subject of schedules, my store is full of people who have no idea when they're scheduled for because the new login method doesn't let them into their accounts for some reason. I even tried helping some coworkers out because I was getting in fine but they just couldn't get it to stop claiming something was wrong. ROFL

(May 10th, 2022, 09:19 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well just remember when I was there the freezers hadn't been updated so if anything happened after that time, I didn't see it. Tongue
As for drawing that line in the sand, I do that at work while others just insist on staying for 11-12+ hours to get everything done and I hate that approach. If it can't get done in a day because there's more workload than there is people/hours then the store needs to address the problem instead of having people kill themselves repeatedly to plug the holes in the ship. Errm

My day has been fine I guess, but sleeping the last few nights has gone awful for me because I've been incredibly restless at night. Last night was so bad I only got four hours of sleep. At least I don't have school to worry about while tired nowadays though so at least feeling like a zombie for the evening won't bite me in the arse anywhere else. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeesh, hope you can get back to having decent sleep.

My day's been OK, got sent home a bit early for a second time, they've been asking many people to and I apparently had 40 hours left from last year, which I thought I used the majority of all my holiday (not counting the 2 hours or so that usually is left over at the end), so whatever. Can't send me home too early tomorrow as it's the weekend, so bound to be busy. Also just realised I'm not feeling too well, must've eaten something bad. Will still work tomorrow, just rest, walk it off and plenty of water, should be fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

My day's been OK, got sent home a bit early for a second time, they've been asking many people to and I apparently had 40 hours left from last year, which I thought I used the majority of all my holiday (not counting the 2 hours or so that usually is left over at the end), so whatever. Can't send me home too early tomorrow as it's the weekend, so bound to be busy. Also just realised I'm not feeling too well, must've eaten something bad. Will still work tomorrow, just rest, walk it off and plenty of water, should be fine.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 13th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Alas I have not. I've not managed to get more than five hours of sleep for at least the last three days now. Eh

My dad was telling me they were sending people home on his department too, but for him it was because they just didn't have any orders to deliver or pick so there was nothing to even do.

As for feeling unwell, I've been in the same boat since yesterday. @ShiraNoMai has had a sinus infection or something this past week and I finally picked it up from her, so I ended up calling out of work yesterday. It sucks more that my mental health had been good but has tanked since Thursday night and hasn't really recovered at all yet. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 13th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Alas I have not. I've not managed to get more than five hours of sleep for at least the last three days now. Eh

My dad was telling me they were sending people home on his department too, but for him it was because they just didn't have any orders to deliver or pick so there was nothing to even do.

As for feeling unwell, I've been in the same boat since yesterday. @ShiraNoMai has had a sinus infection or something this past week and I finally picked it up from her, so I ended up calling out of work yesterday. It sucks more that my mental health had been good but has tanked since Thursday night and hasn't really recovered at all yet. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Darn, still not getting the sleep and both of you unwell form that? Geez, hope it's starting to get better or already is. Eh

As for me, just tired really. Good weekend of just relaxing, enjoying food and playing Scrabble, then Monday hit after I came back to work and was on my own for the day, like how the colleague before me was. Monday should always have two people on the department for most of the day at the same time, even if one person switches out with another or two for both, not one then one later. Luckily wasn't as busy as Mondays can be, but still a struggle. Today, didn't sleep as much last night but was partly my fault, partly too warm during the night. Can't wait for the too hot to sleep nights, wooo. Work was a breeze compared to Monday.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Darn, still not getting the sleep and both of you unwell form that? Geez, hope it's starting to get better or already is. Eh

As for me, just tired really. Good weekend of just relaxing, enjoying food and playing Scrabble, then Monday hit after I came back to work and was on my own for the day, like how the colleague before me was. Monday should always have two people on the department for most of the day at the same time, even if one person switches out with another or two for both, not one then one later. Luckily wasn't as busy as Mondays can be, but still a struggle. Today, didn't sleep as much last night but was partly my fault, partly too warm during the night. Can't wait for the too hot to sleep nights, wooo. Work was a breeze compared to Monday.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,986 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,312 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,336 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,018 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface