How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 11th, 2021, 02:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Keep wishing I said but I always get the feeling I won't be listened to in there, as it's happened before.
In my store you might be listened to but it's all theatrics because nothing actually happens unless whoever you're speaking to feels like the problem impacts them at all. For me Asda just had the benefit that no one bothered me on frozen because no one likes to go down there and almost no problem required me to get someone else to step in. Unfortunately my current job has it that if things are going good, they drag you to somewhere that isn't good to help out but you won't get the help when you inevitably need it because although you were good before you still had stuff that needed to be done but now you're behind and work is piling up. Meh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 11th, 2021, 02:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Keep wishing I said but I always get the feeling I won't be listened to in there, as it's happened before.
In my store you might be listened to but it's all theatrics because nothing actually happens unless whoever you're speaking to feels like the problem impacts them at all. For me Asda just had the benefit that no one bothered me on frozen because no one likes to go down there and almost no problem required me to get someone else to step in. Unfortunately my current job has it that if things are going good, they drag you to somewhere that isn't good to help out but you won't get the help when you inevitably need it because although you were good before you still had stuff that needed to be done but now you're behind and work is piling up. Meh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So far my day has been terrible. Had a bad nights sleep because I was restless, then had a large stone hit my windshield at 80mph this morning on my way to work and I can't tell if the damage it did will require me to replace the windshield. I then trapped my finger between two shelves at work, and I just tried making some food and turns out it's no good.

Pretty much makes me not feel like doing anything else today and just existing instead... Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So far my day has been terrible. Had a bad nights sleep because I was restless, then had a large stone hit my windshield at 80mph this morning on my way to work and I can't tell if the damage it did will require me to replace the windshield. I then trapped my finger between two shelves at work, and I just tried making some food and turns out it's no good.

Pretty much makes me not feel like doing anything else today and just existing instead... Eh
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
My work week has been heavy and had so many early starts and long days in a row. Glad that's over.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
My work week has been heavy and had so many early starts and long days in a row. Glad that's over.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Trying to start my week off strong. So far it's working, and we're gonna get psychiatric help tomorrow, so things can only go up from here I suppose!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Trying to start my week off strong. So far it's working, and we're gonna get psychiatric help tomorrow, so things can only go up from here I suppose!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface What a shitty day that was. Hope the next few days were better, or this week will be better. Please, to whomever dictates it!

Last week was OK, this week has begun poorly for our family though. An uncle, my mum's brother passed away yesterday, so now she has to deal with a ton of stuff now as her mother is still alive but has Alzheimer's (she isn't at a really bad point yet, she was talking a lot about the past, although couldn't grieve properly yesterday). We'll be helping where we can though. I'll still be going to work as normal as my sister, obviously mum won't.

Other things are about normal though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface What a shitty day that was. Hope the next few days were better, or this week will be better. Please, to whomever dictates it!

Last week was OK, this week has begun poorly for our family though. An uncle, my mum's brother passed away yesterday, so now she has to deal with a ton of stuff now as her mother is still alive but has Alzheimer's (she isn't at a really bad point yet, she was talking a lot about the past, although couldn't grieve properly yesterday). We'll be helping where we can though. I'll still be going to work as normal as my sister, obviously mum won't.

Other things are about normal though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: They were somewhat better, but my good days are usually hindered by my tired mental state of dealing with depression and other shit on the bad days that preceded it. Meh
Sorry to hear about the loss mate. I assume the uncle was helping out before he passed away?

My day yesterday was somewhat OK. Went to a psychiatrist and she's put me on CBT because I've got to a point of such catastrophic thinking that it needs counselling. I have the first session of that today in just under 4 hours; hoping it goes well.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: They were somewhat better, but my good days are usually hindered by my tired mental state of dealing with depression and other shit on the bad days that preceded it. Meh
Sorry to hear about the loss mate. I assume the uncle was helping out before he passed away?

My day yesterday was somewhat OK. Went to a psychiatrist and she's put me on CBT because I've got to a point of such catastrophic thinking that it needs counselling. I have the first session of that today in just under 4 hours; hoping it goes well.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Sorry to hear about your lost EL. Sad Hope that everyone week will be a bit better!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Sorry to hear about your lost EL. Sad Hope that everyone week will be a bit better!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM)Yuri Wrote:
How's your week been going @"Yuri"?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM)Yuri Wrote:
How's your week been going @"Yuri"?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well honestly I am kinda just doing the same old I am excited about my order coming in, but like college wise I'm kinda like...."Oh no I got so much to do how do I schedule this?" and I just gotta sit down and work it all out.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well honestly I am kinda just doing the same old I am excited about my order coming in, but like college wise I'm kinda like...."Oh no I got so much to do how do I schedule this?" and I just gotta sit down and work it all out.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 04:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Dang, it's really got that bad. Hope that first session went well too, and you got some helpful advice.

' Wrote:
That's the thing, he couldn't do much in his condition when my Nan was diagnosed. He used to work for Poundland and visit with my mum, got gradually worse and not go as often to not anymore as he needed an oxygen tank to breathe, to the point he needed it by him all parts of the day. Was only a matter of time when his body couldn't hold out and with covid could only get little help, when he did go to hospital they'd send him back home once in a manageable state. Seemed OK with it, he was a private guy and preferred to keep to himself anyway.

@"Yuri" You got it, man!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 04:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Dang, it's really got that bad. Hope that first session went well too, and you got some helpful advice.

' Wrote:
That's the thing, he couldn't do much in his condition when my Nan was diagnosed. He used to work for Poundland and visit with my mum, got gradually worse and not go as often to not anymore as he needed an oxygen tank to breathe, to the point he needed it by him all parts of the day. Was only a matter of time when his body couldn't hold out and with covid could only get little help, when he did go to hospital they'd send him back home once in a manageable state. Seemed OK with it, he was a private guy and preferred to keep to himself anyway.

@"Yuri" You got it, man!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man, did he have COPD or something of that ilk? Poor guy. Real sorry for your loss, EL. Guess a funeral will also be hard to hold during COVID as well. Sad

Today was neat. Ordered breakfast takeout (restaurants are ridiculously busy lately, can't risk that COVID spread) and had my mom come over to help sort out our scattered documents that needed proper filing in this house. Wasn't actually that crazy difficult as I thought it was going to be. Did photograph the stack of paystubs I've been keeping since I've been employed at my current job. I didn't intend on keeping them all, but at some point it started to pile up and just thought "well what if I just kept going?" and now...

[Image: 20210228_152308.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man, did he have COPD or something of that ilk? Poor guy. Real sorry for your loss, EL. Guess a funeral will also be hard to hold during COVID as well. Sad

Today was neat. Ordered breakfast takeout (restaurants are ridiculously busy lately, can't risk that COVID spread) and had my mom come over to help sort out our scattered documents that needed proper filing in this house. Wasn't actually that crazy difficult as I thought it was going to be. Did photograph the stack of paystubs I've been keeping since I've been employed at my current job. I didn't intend on keeping them all, but at some point it started to pile up and just thought "well what if I just kept going?" and now...

[Image: 20210228_152308.jpg]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Weeks been rough so far, and today was another therapy session that was rather mixed because of a spotty connection. I also wasn't fond of the odd remark my therapist made such as "You say you want all these things like a child who always wants stuff from their parents" which I don't know if it was an observational remark or a snide one. I want to assume the former but my low self esteem makes me latch to the latter.

On top of what @ShiraNoMai said, we also went to a park on Saturday to hang with some friends in a socially distanced manner. Really the only day this past week where my mental state didn't bring me down.

Hopefully everyone else has been faring better than I do these days. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Weeks been rough so far, and today was another therapy session that was rather mixed because of a spotty connection. I also wasn't fond of the odd remark my therapist made such as "You say you want all these things like a child who always wants stuff from their parents" which I don't know if it was an observational remark or a snide one. I want to assume the former but my low self esteem makes me latch to the latter.

On top of what @ShiraNoMai said, we also went to a park on Saturday to hang with some friends in a socially distanced manner. Really the only day this past week where my mental state didn't bring me down.

Hopefully everyone else has been faring better than I do these days. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Mar 1st, 2021, 03:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah something like that, think it was Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Yeah, he smoked. I barely saw him anyway, but still bad. Mum's been dealing with most of it. She's trying to go to work today and see how she fares. Still intends to retire April/May, but wanted a chance to focus on something else.

@Moonface : That's an awful remark, do hope it was observational I mean it had to be as it's meant to be therapy. Glad you both got a day to go out and see friends though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Mar 1st, 2021, 03:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah something like that, think it was Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Yeah, he smoked. I barely saw him anyway, but still bad. Mum's been dealing with most of it. She's trying to go to work today and see how she fares. Still intends to retire April/May, but wanted a chance to focus on something else.

@Moonface : That's an awful remark, do hope it was observational I mean it had to be as it's meant to be therapy. Glad you both got a day to go out and see friends though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Days have been on and off for me. Today was a mostly off day. Started off rocky, my boss basically telling me I'm not working hard enough because I didn't accomplish all 6 tasks he set out for me to do yesterday on his day off, when I also knew that I had nothing else to do with my day today until we heard back from the big boss on what's approved for the rest of the week. When 90% of my life revolves around working, any indication that I'm not doing good makes me feel like total shit and that I'm not good enough to do anything. Sad
Day proceeded to be annoying, with silly changes to two versions of a banner I made until the cows came home (while also demanding I finish my other tasks by noon). I didn't really take much of a break today and burnt out a little towards the end, but managed to make some kind of progress with work when I came downstairs to do some sketching.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Days have been on and off for me. Today was a mostly off day. Started off rocky, my boss basically telling me I'm not working hard enough because I didn't accomplish all 6 tasks he set out for me to do yesterday on his day off, when I also knew that I had nothing else to do with my day today until we heard back from the big boss on what's approved for the rest of the week. When 90% of my life revolves around working, any indication that I'm not doing good makes me feel like total shit and that I'm not good enough to do anything. Sad
Day proceeded to be annoying, with silly changes to two versions of a banner I made until the cows came home (while also demanding I finish my other tasks by noon). I didn't really take much of a break today and burnt out a little towards the end, but managed to make some kind of progress with work when I came downstairs to do some sketching.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey Nikki I'm sure your doing a good job and really I'm not sure if it's possible to do six quality pieces of graphic art in just a day. Huh I mean I'll admit I dont really know the average workflow of this type of stuff but I'm sure your giving it your all and you can do the thing! Smile

PS: You are more than your work my dude!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey Nikki I'm sure your doing a good job and really I'm not sure if it's possible to do six quality pieces of graphic art in just a day. Huh I mean I'll admit I dont really know the average workflow of this type of stuff but I'm sure your giving it your all and you can do the thing! Smile

PS: You are more than your work my dude!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,801 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,232 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,304 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,961 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface