Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah it should be a normal funeral. Well the one we had for my uncle it was advised to wear masks and people could sit together on a long seat but have some distance between each other, not single seats like it might have been before then or limited/virtually. So I assume it'll be like that funeral again for both of them, there won't be many people attending anyway.

My week was OK to crap because my body sort of reacted to something that made me lose appetite, feel weak and tired. Still could work just about, didn't do any extra like I usually do. I believe it was some sausages I ate on Thursday which the symptoms started happening in the evening, so it was similar but less than what I had in early January, so I'm now sceptical about sausages and anything that comes under pork. Although....ribs dang it, I don't want lose that as I've never had problems with pork ribs. XD I already intentionally don't get ham or bacon, unless the bacon has come prepared in a sandwich/wrap, and will gladly cut out pork sausages.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah it should be a normal funeral. Well the one we had for my uncle it was advised to wear masks and people could sit together on a long seat but have some distance between each other, not single seats like it might have been before then or limited/virtually. So I assume it'll be like that funeral again for both of them, there won't be many people attending anyway.

My week was OK to crap because my body sort of reacted to something that made me lose appetite, feel weak and tired. Still could work just about, didn't do any extra like I usually do. I believe it was some sausages I ate on Thursday which the symptoms started happening in the evening, so it was similar but less than what I had in early January, so I'm now sceptical about sausages and anything that comes under pork. Although....ribs dang it, I don't want lose that as I've never had problems with pork ribs. XD I already intentionally don't get ham or bacon, unless the bacon has come prepared in a sandwich/wrap, and will gladly cut out pork sausages.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
For the most part, pretty uneventful... I just had a relatively quiet week at work Tongue .

However, things improved today, when my sister came home Grin ! She'll be here all of next week, and we'll no doubt be doing some stuff for my birthday (such as going out to eat).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
For the most part, pretty uneventful... I just had a relatively quiet week at work Tongue .

However, things improved today, when my sister came home Grin ! She'll be here all of next week, and we'll no doubt be doing some stuff for my birthday (such as going out to eat).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hope you enjoy yourself @Kyng. Smile

My day started out as okay but my mood has really tanked in the last hour or so. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hope you enjoy yourself @Kyng. Smile

My day started out as okay but my mood has really tanked in the last hour or so. Sad
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
It started off OK, now it is sorta bad.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 11th, 2021, 09:49 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Stop stealing my day! Tongue
But in all seriousness I hope it gets better for you, if not today then at least tomorrow. ^_^

I'm hoping my day ends off better after I'm finished with my gym workout I'm doing right now. Exercise is supposed to elevate your mood which I need tonight. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 11th, 2021, 09:49 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Stop stealing my day! Tongue
But in all seriousness I hope it gets better for you, if not today then at least tomorrow. ^_^

I'm hoping my day ends off better after I'm finished with my gym workout I'm doing right now. Exercise is supposed to elevate your mood which I need tonight. Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Thanks, buddy.

Same to you Smile
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Thanks, buddy.

Same to you Smile
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I had to drain a gigantic blister on the bottom of my toe before a 7.5 hour shift today, so I'm gonna say its not going very good.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I had to drain a gigantic blister on the bottom of my toe before a 7.5 hour shift today, so I'm gonna say its not going very good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 12th, 2021, 11:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oof. I had some blisters on my fingers a couple of weeks ago but fortunately for me they weren't very painful when I dealt with them.

My day has been... exhausting. Went to work at 5am and didn't get home until about 10 minutes ago (4:10pm). I was supposed to leave at 12 but the sheer number of things that went wrong or came up kept me there far longer and I only got out when I did because my coworker and I basically said screw it and refused to keep doing more.
I'm just happy I finally get to eat something today now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 12th, 2021, 11:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oof. I had some blisters on my fingers a couple of weeks ago but fortunately for me they weren't very painful when I dealt with them.

My day has been... exhausting. Went to work at 5am and didn't get home until about 10 minutes ago (4:10pm). I was supposed to leave at 12 but the sheer number of things that went wrong or came up kept me there far longer and I only got out when I did because my coworker and I basically said screw it and refused to keep doing more.
I'm just happy I finally get to eat something today now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, sorry for your poor days, everyone. Hope it's better now.

Just wiling my time away, stomach ache keeps coming and going. I thought it was gone Tuesday but came back full force yesterday, and it was the day of my nan's funeral. Maybe I was feeling stress from the day which brought it back, even taking stuff didn't deal with it, although it did help with the headache and chest pain I had. For the funeral itself, went well as one can do, did try to fight back tears but some fell, runny nose made it worse. At least there was some comical moments to lift us up about her life how she fell asleep to things. Ah, the message my step granddad put on the card for the flowers was very moving. Got the same days off next week for the upcoming second funeral.

Today is a day of rest before work tomorrow.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, sorry for your poor days, everyone. Hope it's better now.

Just wiling my time away, stomach ache keeps coming and going. I thought it was gone Tuesday but came back full force yesterday, and it was the day of my nan's funeral. Maybe I was feeling stress from the day which brought it back, even taking stuff didn't deal with it, although it did help with the headache and chest pain I had. For the funeral itself, went well as one can do, did try to fight back tears but some fell, runny nose made it worse. At least there was some comical moments to lift us up about her life how she fell asleep to things. Ah, the message my step granddad put on the card for the flowers was very moving. Got the same days off next week for the upcoming second funeral.

Today is a day of rest before work tomorrow.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: If not at the funeral I'd suggest letting out your emotions at some point, even in private, rather than bottling them up. I think it'll make any grieving processes easier rather than denying yourself of your emotions/feelings.

My day was very dull. Spent the entire day revising for my midterm exam, which I just took despite feeling like I was going to screw it up. Got 97/100 though, and with the extra credit we have this week I basically didn't lose any points because I'm still sitting at 102/100 for it once extra credit is added.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: If not at the funeral I'd suggest letting out your emotions at some point, even in private, rather than bottling them up. I think it'll make any grieving processes easier rather than denying yourself of your emotions/feelings.

My day was very dull. Spent the entire day revising for my midterm exam, which I just took despite feeling like I was going to screw it up. Got 97/100 though, and with the extra credit we have this week I basically didn't lose any points because I'm still sitting at 102/100 for it once extra credit is added.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I have been grieving in parts, just didn't want to then. I don't want jinx it but I sort of have a plan for the full-on grieve. I am fine now though and have many things that's keeping me going. Freaking music that I'm a fan of keeps getting better and better because there's so many bands I'm into releasing/have released albums that I'm loving every minute of it. XD

Work was OK today, sorta. Did the usual, and the expected happened....as usual, but luckily it was only two of us taken away from the department while two stayed on, hopefully the third who came in as I went stayed on produce too. Er...Grocers, that is as we're now Green Grocers with the uniform in. Of course not all was there so still waiting on some. LOL Messed up dinner today in that I didn't realise I had enough for three people, barely for two so still hungry. I should just stick to the pasta bake I do. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I have been grieving in parts, just didn't want to then. I don't want jinx it but I sort of have a plan for the full-on grieve. I am fine now though and have many things that's keeping me going. Freaking music that I'm a fan of keeps getting better and better because there's so many bands I'm into releasing/have released albums that I'm loving every minute of it. XD

Work was OK today, sorta. Did the usual, and the expected happened....as usual, but luckily it was only two of us taken away from the department while two stayed on, hopefully the third who came in as I went stayed on produce too. Er...Grocers, that is as we're now Green Grocers with the uniform in. Of course not all was there so still waiting on some. LOL Messed up dinner today in that I didn't realise I had enough for three people, barely for two so still hungry. I should just stick to the pasta bake I do. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's good to hear. What music is it that you're mentioning? Smile

My day has been really rough and so has my week overall. It reached the point of a complete breakdown today after work so that was fun. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's good to hear. What music is it that you're mentioning? Smile

My day has been really rough and so has my week overall. It reached the point of a complete breakdown today after work so that was fun. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My day today has been just about OK. The two new members of our department are....not up to speed yet. One of them is actually trying though, the other most certainly is not. I don't deal with the second one but they waste time out back, not do the job they're meant to and laugh when someone shows them what to do and expects him to get on with it. What the actual--, he is young but geez talk about zero work ethic. Yeesh. He's definitely on a very thin rope right now. LOL

Last week was fine. Managed to watch Dune on Thursday with my Dad and sister. Was late in the day but what the hay, it was great. Because I can't help but compare, I do heavily prefer Dune over Star Wars, but that could be because it's a new thing and not part of a ridiculously vast universe...yet. Hope not. Did lose sense of time and not realising how much had actually gone by, then suddenly it ended. Oh right and er....*insert exclamation here* *insert oof here* *insert more exclamation*

To answer the question on music above, it's both stuff that has released this year and last year and possibly more depending on a band's last album. I had bought quite a lot of albums from like 2017 to 2020 and just started listening to them this year/last year. The albums were from even bands I was already a fan of so it's been obviously wrong for me to have ignored them for so long, and yet I still have other albums I haven't heard yet too. Also new bands that started in 2020 or I discovered in that year as well, then there's what I found this year too, it's all been awesome. And like I said, with the pandemic, bands haven't been able to tour like normal so they did more studio work to release new music in 2020/2021, with some still pending or about to be expected. Grin I'll just list a bunch here now, the artists that is. Music that's been sitting around that I'm already a fan of; Ayreon, Within Temptation (Resist album, I've yet to listen to Hydra which came before), Epica, Seventh Wonder, Amaranthe. New stuff I found or released quite recently; Ad Infinitum, Chaos Magic, End of the Dream, Light The Torch, Kalidia, Conception (Roy Khan ex-Kamelot who is my most favourite vocalist), Infinite & Divine. Plus Fozzy came back with Sane, so I'll get the album that'll be on and possibly get Judas too. So I shouldn't worry about new music not being to my liking and just stick to listening to my old favourite music, I can listen to both again. Grin
Special mention to Ayreon that is a massive collaboration between many artists organised by one guy who also takes part, the 2020 album Transitus became my favourite of theirs, not only did they have music videos of the vocalists portraying their character they sing as, but a comic book was made alongside the album with the characters looking like their vocalists! XD I found a vinyl that includes said comic, only available with the vinyl I believe in physical form, otherwise digital so I'm receiving that for Christmas with another Ayreon piece that has 5CDs and a book. Also to Amaranthe that their last two albums have been their best work, partly thanks for the inclusion of their newest member who also is a guest on an Ad Infinitum song which is quite possibly my favourite song of the year. Possibly, because it has to contend with Infinite & Divine's album which has all bangers on it. To me anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My day today has been just about OK. The two new members of our department are....not up to speed yet. One of them is actually trying though, the other most certainly is not. I don't deal with the second one but they waste time out back, not do the job they're meant to and laugh when someone shows them what to do and expects him to get on with it. What the actual--, he is young but geez talk about zero work ethic. Yeesh. He's definitely on a very thin rope right now. LOL

Last week was fine. Managed to watch Dune on Thursday with my Dad and sister. Was late in the day but what the hay, it was great. Because I can't help but compare, I do heavily prefer Dune over Star Wars, but that could be because it's a new thing and not part of a ridiculously vast universe...yet. Hope not. Did lose sense of time and not realising how much had actually gone by, then suddenly it ended. Oh right and er....*insert exclamation here* *insert oof here* *insert more exclamation*

To answer the question on music above, it's both stuff that has released this year and last year and possibly more depending on a band's last album. I had bought quite a lot of albums from like 2017 to 2020 and just started listening to them this year/last year. The albums were from even bands I was already a fan of so it's been obviously wrong for me to have ignored them for so long, and yet I still have other albums I haven't heard yet too. Also new bands that started in 2020 or I discovered in that year as well, then there's what I found this year too, it's all been awesome. And like I said, with the pandemic, bands haven't been able to tour like normal so they did more studio work to release new music in 2020/2021, with some still pending or about to be expected. Grin I'll just list a bunch here now, the artists that is. Music that's been sitting around that I'm already a fan of; Ayreon, Within Temptation (Resist album, I've yet to listen to Hydra which came before), Epica, Seventh Wonder, Amaranthe. New stuff I found or released quite recently; Ad Infinitum, Chaos Magic, End of the Dream, Light The Torch, Kalidia, Conception (Roy Khan ex-Kamelot who is my most favourite vocalist), Infinite & Divine. Plus Fozzy came back with Sane, so I'll get the album that'll be on and possibly get Judas too. So I shouldn't worry about new music not being to my liking and just stick to listening to my old favourite music, I can listen to both again. Grin
Special mention to Ayreon that is a massive collaboration between many artists organised by one guy who also takes part, the 2020 album Transitus became my favourite of theirs, not only did they have music videos of the vocalists portraying their character they sing as, but a comic book was made alongside the album with the characters looking like their vocalists! XD I found a vinyl that includes said comic, only available with the vinyl I believe in physical form, otherwise digital so I'm receiving that for Christmas with another Ayreon piece that has 5CDs and a book. Also to Amaranthe that their last two albums have been their best work, partly thanks for the inclusion of their newest member who also is a guest on an Ad Infinitum song which is quite possibly my favourite song of the year. Possibly, because it has to contend with Infinite & Divine's album which has all bangers on it. To me anyway.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh god no. How has nobody got pissed off with them enough to tear them a new arsehole yet? Glare

The past week has been rather fuzzy for me so I'll just share what I can recall which starts with an absolutely infuriating Saturday. So if you didn't see in UCT, Shira and I got our Covid booster shots on Saturday. Our appointments were at separate times, at separate locations. Mine was at 10am at the store I work at. I head to the pharmacy at 10am, expecting to be done in five minutes because I'm the only person sitting in the area for Covid shots. 90 minutes and five other customers later, I finally get my shot. What happened? Apparently the pharmacy didn't know I was there. Except that 1) I was sitting in a chair opposite their desk so I was in constant line of sight at all times to them, 2) I reminded them 4 times I was waiting and 3) customers pointed me out to them on three occasions. The best part? When they did finally bring my shot to me, they tried to deny it because I'm not immunocompromised nor fall into any other category of necessary patient. Never mind that boosters are recommended to anyone after 6 months regardless of status, or that they didn't question any of the other customers who were under 65. Just me. I was (and still am) incredibly annoyed by the whole thing and would love nothing more than the ability to tear all those people a new one. Shira had an appointment at 11 and got served before I was. Rolleyes

Other than that, my weekend was basically spent feeling dead from the booster so I've not done much. Mostly just been trying to do what I can with the little energy I have. x.x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh god no. How has nobody got pissed off with them enough to tear them a new arsehole yet? Glare

The past week has been rather fuzzy for me so I'll just share what I can recall which starts with an absolutely infuriating Saturday. So if you didn't see in UCT, Shira and I got our Covid booster shots on Saturday. Our appointments were at separate times, at separate locations. Mine was at 10am at the store I work at. I head to the pharmacy at 10am, expecting to be done in five minutes because I'm the only person sitting in the area for Covid shots. 90 minutes and five other customers later, I finally get my shot. What happened? Apparently the pharmacy didn't know I was there. Except that 1) I was sitting in a chair opposite their desk so I was in constant line of sight at all times to them, 2) I reminded them 4 times I was waiting and 3) customers pointed me out to them on three occasions. The best part? When they did finally bring my shot to me, they tried to deny it because I'm not immunocompromised nor fall into any other category of necessary patient. Never mind that boosters are recommended to anyone after 6 months regardless of status, or that they didn't question any of the other customers who were under 65. Just me. I was (and still am) incredibly annoyed by the whole thing and would love nothing more than the ability to tear all those people a new one. Shira had an appointment at 11 and got served before I was. Rolleyes

Other than that, my weekend was basically spent feeling dead from the booster so I've not done much. Mostly just been trying to do what I can with the little energy I have. x.x
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
As we have two section leaders now, the second being Bobby, he even works with him for his entire shift and he still doesn't listen. Cheryl was going to have a word one Saturday but got roped into doing nights so that annoyed her more so she didn't want to deal with him. She has tried other times where he's failed to do things properly, and well both of them can't be bothered now. They both basically go "ugh not him" whenever we bring him up to them. XD Plus he's been caught by the GSM and the other two managers too, well both the new people have actually, and considering Christmas is coming, the rush then will prove their worth and to be honest it's not looking good. Hopefully at least will realise how much they need to do then.

Also crap, the hell were they doing?! They should've just got you jabbed and be done with it quick like they're meant to, not delay it for a stupid reason.  Hmph Were you on shift or to work Saturday or perhaps working before the appointment?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
As we have two section leaders now, the second being Bobby, he even works with him for his entire shift and he still doesn't listen. Cheryl was going to have a word one Saturday but got roped into doing nights so that annoyed her more so she didn't want to deal with him. She has tried other times where he's failed to do things properly, and well both of them can't be bothered now. They both basically go "ugh not him" whenever we bring him up to them. XD Plus he's been caught by the GSM and the other two managers too, well both the new people have actually, and considering Christmas is coming, the rush then will prove their worth and to be honest it's not looking good. Hopefully at least will realise how much they need to do then.

Also crap, the hell were they doing?! They should've just got you jabbed and be done with it quick like they're meant to, not delay it for a stupid reason.  Hmph Were you on shift or to work Saturday or perhaps working before the appointment?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,811 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,235 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,304 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,961 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface