How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
My day so far has been rather chill. Decided to call my parents and ended up on the phone with them for four hours so so far most of my day has gone into that. XD
I did also discover that AEW finally released the DVD for their Revolution 2022 PPV which @ShiraNoMai and I attended live, so I snagged a copy for myself and also got a copy sent to my brother too. ^_^

I have an appointment with my therapist in an hour which I expect to be rather uneventful since I don't really have much to share with her except that my medications are currently fine. Ayaya

Moonface hopes he used the ayaya emote appropriately since he does not know what it is actually applied to normally... Monkas
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
My day so far has been rather chill. Decided to call my parents and ended up on the phone with them for four hours so so far most of my day has gone into that. XD
I did also discover that AEW finally released the DVD for their Revolution 2022 PPV which @ShiraNoMai and I attended live, so I snagged a copy for myself and also got a copy sent to my brother too. ^_^

I have an appointment with my therapist in an hour which I expect to be rather uneventful since I don't really have much to share with her except that my medications are currently fine. Ayaya

Moonface hopes he used the ayaya emote appropriately since he does not know what it is actually applied to normally... Monkas
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
AYAYA tends to be for anything cute or anime, or if you want to be a racist Twitch degen, for any mention of Japan at all. You can use it however you want though, it's just an emote lol

Had a rough start to the day, into a rougher mid-afternoon, but ended the day way better once I left work. It's amusing cuz work wasn't even the cause of my distress LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
AYAYA tends to be for anything cute or anime, or if you want to be a racist Twitch degen, for any mention of Japan at all. You can use it however you want though, it's just an emote lol

Had a rough start to the day, into a rougher mid-afternoon, but ended the day way better once I left work. It's amusing cuz work wasn't even the cause of my distress LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was a rather uneventful day and weekend, but was looking forward to watching an AEW PPV tonight, only to spend $50 on a stream that doesn't really work. Sucks because now I'm checked out and barely care to continue watching when the stream does want to work and it was the only thing I've been excited for this weekend. Hmph

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was a rather uneventful day and weekend, but was looking forward to watching an AEW PPV tonight, only to spend $50 on a stream that doesn't really work. Sucks because now I'm checked out and barely care to continue watching when the stream does want to work and it was the only thing I've been excited for this weekend. Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Been OK, finally got a new colleague on our department and we're only allowed the one, not even our second section leader has returned from nights, although she did help a couple times in the morning when we needed it, even if it meant extended her night shift. The new person was from the night team so they at least know how to work already, just need to get them up to speed on our department. So far been just me showing the ropes but tomorrow will have someone different helping him. I wanted him to actually put stock out, even if that isn't meant to be the proper "Green Grocer" job which is tidying, cleaning, quality checking. We had two before who were useless, where everyone on the department knows how to do everything so may as well get the new guy get used to everything too for when he's needed to cover the other areas, either when colleagues are off or on home shopping.

I blabbered a bit, kind of venting but calmly so, but hopefully things start looking up at work. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Been OK, finally got a new colleague on our department and we're only allowed the one, not even our second section leader has returned from nights, although she did help a couple times in the morning when we needed it, even if it meant extended her night shift. The new person was from the night team so they at least know how to work already, just need to get them up to speed on our department. So far been just me showing the ropes but tomorrow will have someone different helping him. I wanted him to actually put stock out, even if that isn't meant to be the proper "Green Grocer" job which is tidying, cleaning, quality checking. We had two before who were useless, where everyone on the department knows how to do everything so may as well get the new guy get used to everything too for when he's needed to cover the other areas, either when colleagues are off or on home shopping.

I blabbered a bit, kind of venting but calmly so, but hopefully things start looking up at work. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I nearly had a freaking panic attack today. My phone decided that one too many hits on the floor was enough, and now refuses to charge. If my father hadn't of added me as an authorized user, I'd be screwed right now. Thankfully, I was able to get a new device overnighted to me.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I nearly had a freaking panic attack today. My phone decided that one too many hits on the floor was enough, and now refuses to charge. If my father hadn't of added me as an authorized user, I'd be screwed right now. Thankfully, I was able to get a new device overnighted to me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 31st, 2022, 01:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
new phone who dis? Monkas
That sucks though. Were you able to get any important stuff (if you had any) off your busted phone and onto the new one before the battery completely died on it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 31st, 2022, 01:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
new phone who dis? Monkas
That sucks though. Were you able to get any important stuff (if you had any) off your busted phone and onto the new one before the battery completely died on it?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Is your phone casd with the good shit like OtterBox? I had a friend that used to be like you and drop her phone all the time, and had a shitty "protective" case for it, but she got an OtterBox shell once and hadn't had it bust up since
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Is your phone casd with the good shit like OtterBox? I had a friend that used to be like you and drop her phone all the time, and had a shitty "protective" case for it, but she got an OtterBox shell once and hadn't had it bust up since
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 1st, 2022, 04:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Isn't this only useful to prevent the phone taking damage to the exterior parts though like the screen and such? Or does it also reduce/prevent damage to the internals taking shock damage from the drops?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 1st, 2022, 04:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Isn't this only useful to prevent the phone taking damage to the exterior parts though like the screen and such? Or does it also reduce/prevent damage to the internals taking shock damage from the drops?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It does shock damage, that's it's biggest selling point. It's pretty dang reliable. At least it was back in the day. I imagine they wouldn't sell shitty ones now...right? Errm

Day was made by successfully drawing a thing!

[Image: AgyQQI0.jpg]

Any OGs might remember my Yoshi OC Myles. Haven't drawn him since the last time ya saw him some 15 years ago. Was fun!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It does shock damage, that's it's biggest selling point. It's pretty dang reliable. At least it was back in the day. I imagine they wouldn't sell shitty ones now...right? Errm

Day was made by successfully drawing a thing!

[Image: AgyQQI0.jpg]

Any OGs might remember my Yoshi OC Myles. Haven't drawn him since the last time ya saw him some 15 years ago. Was fun!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, now I get why you use Black Yoshi more than the others colours. I forgot your Myles was a black one. XD He's looking like cool dude there! Reminds me I should be drawing my own characters again. *sigh*

Hope your mobile fiasco is sorted with that replacement, Maniak.

Days so far have been OK, haven't done much, not even a lot on Genshin like I thought I was going to do. Just keep sitting back and watching YouTube videos which I need to do a lot less of so I do more stuff in the day when not at work. Gotta go back to only using YT for music and take a break on everything else or cut it all off entirely.  Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, now I get why you use Black Yoshi more than the others colours. I forgot your Myles was a black one. XD He's looking like cool dude there! Reminds me I should be drawing my own characters again. *sigh*

Hope your mobile fiasco is sorted with that replacement, Maniak.

Days so far have been OK, haven't done much, not even a lot on Genshin like I thought I was going to do. Just keep sitting back and watching YouTube videos which I need to do a lot less of so I do more stuff in the day when not at work. Gotta go back to only using YT for music and take a break on everything else or cut it all off entirely.  Doh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I still really love how it looks colored with pencil even though it's all digital. Grin

My day is rather dull honestly. The weather is making me feel bleh and I feel like everywhere and everyone is quiet today too. Not bad I guess but not good either.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I still really love how it looks colored with pencil even though it's all digital. Grin

My day is rather dull honestly. The weather is making me feel bleh and I feel like everywhere and everyone is quiet today too. Not bad I guess but not good either.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huh, I didn't focus enough to tell if it was digital or not. Still like the traditional look though.

Work's been fine, other finding out they're going to hire* someone for an utterly pointless job than not to fill a spot on our department, chilled, grocery or actual nights. That job is going to be swapping brown/biege trays that stock are delivered in for black trays. What a complete and utter waste of time, also our GSM left and replaced with younger one and quite frankly not keen on him, a part of me wants my old GSM even if he was a bit a problem too but at least he didn't care about the tray thing (I believe the decision is higher ups as well but new GSM is going along with it, last GSM didn't care) and nor care about the cut flowers to brief. Well, he did at one point then realised our way of putting them anywhere to fill the gaps. I do that now, anything that is over or duplicate flowers I put in a gap that's empty but the rest is to brief, and see how long it takes for him to complain about that or not. There's probably something else and possibly more he might end up doing to ruin the way my department works. Doh

Friday was good as I ended my shift an hour early so we could go to a Miller and Carter Steakhouse for my step granddad's 90th with my immediate family, including my brother and partner.  =3

*EDIT: Higher?!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huh, I didn't focus enough to tell if it was digital or not. Still like the traditional look though.

Work's been fine, other finding out they're going to hire* someone for an utterly pointless job than not to fill a spot on our department, chilled, grocery or actual nights. That job is going to be swapping brown/biege trays that stock are delivered in for black trays. What a complete and utter waste of time, also our GSM left and replaced with younger one and quite frankly not keen on him, a part of me wants my old GSM even if he was a bit a problem too but at least he didn't care about the tray thing (I believe the decision is higher ups as well but new GSM is going along with it, last GSM didn't care) and nor care about the cut flowers to brief. Well, he did at one point then realised our way of putting them anywhere to fill the gaps. I do that now, anything that is over or duplicate flowers I put in a gap that's empty but the rest is to brief, and see how long it takes for him to complain about that or not. There's probably something else and possibly more he might end up doing to ruin the way my department works. Doh

Friday was good as I ended my shift an hour early so we could go to a Miller and Carter Steakhouse for my step granddad's 90th with my immediate family, including my brother and partner.  =3

*EDIT: Higher?!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
It was pretty good... my sister came home for my mum's birthday, and for the extended bank holiday for the Platinum Jubilee Tongue .

However, we didn't do a whole lot of interesting stuff. She mostly just looked at furniture, since she's potentially moving into a new house soon. Exciting for her, but kind of irrelevant to me Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
It was pretty good... my sister came home for my mum's birthday, and for the extended bank holiday for the Platinum Jubilee Tongue .

However, we didn't do a whole lot of interesting stuff. She mostly just looked at furniture, since she's potentially moving into a new house soon. Exciting for her, but kind of irrelevant to me Tongue .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2022, 10:14 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Work's been fine, other finding out they're going to higher someone for an utterly pointless job than not to fill a spot on our department, chilled, grocery or actual nights. That job is going to be swapping brown/biege trays that stock are delivered in for black trays. What a complete and utter waste of time, also our GSM left and replaced with younger one and quite frankly not keen on him, a part of me wants my old GSM even if he was a bit a problem too but at least he didn't care about the tray thing (I believe the decision is higher ups as well but new GSM is going along with it, last GSM didn't care) and nor care about the cut flowers to brief. Well, he did at one point then realised our way of putting them anywhere to fill the gaps. I do that now, anything that is over or duplicate flowers I put in a gap that's empty but the rest is to brief, and see how long it takes for him to complain about that or not. There's probably something else and possibly more he might end up doing to ruin the way my department works. Doh
How old was the previous GSM? Sounds like the young replacement might be similar to my current GSM, where they're young enough to know they have a good chance at getting their way higher up the food chain due to the long amount of tenure ahead of them, whereas the older GSM's are usually content with their position or figure by the time they get promoted to a higher position that they'll be almost at retirement either from age or by just having enough money already saved up.

My day has been better than yesterday, where I was feeling incredibly ill, but I'm still feeling some of the effects of that today. At least I managed to get the living room tidied up finally and put away the PS5 box I said I'd put away almost two months ago. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2022, 10:14 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Work's been fine, other finding out they're going to higher someone for an utterly pointless job than not to fill a spot on our department, chilled, grocery or actual nights. That job is going to be swapping brown/biege trays that stock are delivered in for black trays. What a complete and utter waste of time, also our GSM left and replaced with younger one and quite frankly not keen on him, a part of me wants my old GSM even if he was a bit a problem too but at least he didn't care about the tray thing (I believe the decision is higher ups as well but new GSM is going along with it, last GSM didn't care) and nor care about the cut flowers to brief. Well, he did at one point then realised our way of putting them anywhere to fill the gaps. I do that now, anything that is over or duplicate flowers I put in a gap that's empty but the rest is to brief, and see how long it takes for him to complain about that or not. There's probably something else and possibly more he might end up doing to ruin the way my department works. Doh
How old was the previous GSM? Sounds like the young replacement might be similar to my current GSM, where they're young enough to know they have a good chance at getting their way higher up the food chain due to the long amount of tenure ahead of them, whereas the older GSM's are usually content with their position or figure by the time they get promoted to a higher position that they'll be almost at retirement either from age or by just having enough money already saved up.

My day has been better than yesterday, where I was feeling incredibly ill, but I'm still feeling some of the effects of that today. At least I managed to get the living room tidied up finally and put away the PS5 box I said I'd put away almost two months ago. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 6th, 2022, 10:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Uhh, in his 50's or late 40's probably. New guy is 39. The GSM before tried to do some of the kind of stuff the new one has too, but he eventually learned our way was fine, but at the same time still came up with other silly ideas colleagues didn't agree with, like having us move the heavy flower stand we put our buckets on that takes like 5 people to move, for beer pallets during football last year which was...ugh. They'd better not try that again during a sporting event.  Hmph  At the moment nothing new has propped up yet from this GSM or complaints either, about him or to us.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 6th, 2022, 10:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Uhh, in his 50's or late 40's probably. New guy is 39. The GSM before tried to do some of the kind of stuff the new one has too, but he eventually learned our way was fine, but at the same time still came up with other silly ideas colleagues didn't agree with, like having us move the heavy flower stand we put our buckets on that takes like 5 people to move, for beer pallets during football last year which was...ugh. They'd better not try that again during a sporting event.  Hmph  At the moment nothing new has propped up yet from this GSM or complaints either, about him or to us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,004 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,321 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,339 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,021 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface