How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 8th, 2022, 08:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uhh, in his 50's or late 40's probably. New guy is 39. The GSM before tried to do some of the kind of stuff the new one has too, but he eventually learned our way was fine, but at the same time still came up with other silly ideas colleagues didn't agree with, like having us move the heavy flower stand we put our buckets on that takes like 5 people to move, for beer pallets during football last year which was...ugh. They'd better not try that again during a sporting event.  Hmph  At the moment nothing new has propped up yet from this GSM or complaints either, about him or to us.
Bold of him to stick booze in the front lobby since the one time that was tried while I still worked there security got tired of people constantly trying to steal the booze because of it being so close to the doors. ROFL

My day has been mixed. Work was fine but very quiet because nobody else was scheduled on grocery until 10am, then I cooked more sausage rolls when I got home that I started working on making yesterday. Just finished my first playthrough of Dishonored 2 at almost 30 hours, and trying to avoid worrying too much about money worries because of my reduced work hours.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 8th, 2022, 08:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uhh, in his 50's or late 40's probably. New guy is 39. The GSM before tried to do some of the kind of stuff the new one has too, but he eventually learned our way was fine, but at the same time still came up with other silly ideas colleagues didn't agree with, like having us move the heavy flower stand we put our buckets on that takes like 5 people to move, for beer pallets during football last year which was...ugh. They'd better not try that again during a sporting event.  Hmph  At the moment nothing new has propped up yet from this GSM or complaints either, about him or to us.
Bold of him to stick booze in the front lobby since the one time that was tried while I still worked there security got tired of people constantly trying to steal the booze because of it being so close to the doors. ROFL

My day has been mixed. Work was fine but very quiet because nobody else was scheduled on grocery until 10am, then I cooked more sausage rolls when I got home that I started working on making yesterday. Just finished my first playthrough of Dishonored 2 at almost 30 hours, and trying to avoid worrying too much about money worries because of my reduced work hours.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't know if anyone did try that time to steal the booze, never happened while I was working or didn't hear about it as I'd expect the colleagues on my department would've mentioned it. Could've happened though.

Yesterday at work I ate a prawn mayo sandwich that had a tiny piece of shell or whatever which has damaged my left First Molar, I didn't even realise until much later in the day it did indeed break a bit after I happened to touch the tooth with my tongue. Then realised today that part of the tooth is moving slightly, so need to get it check asap before it gets worse as I've had some pain there too. Obviously been eating carefully since and will need to continue to do so until it's sorted.

For Father's Day (UK), did a walk with my Dad, sister and family friend and ate at a fish & chips which I paid for for my Dad. He was going to pay his part but we couldn't have that now. XD I would've stayed longer at our friend's place as I do sometimes, but decided to return home earlier because of my tooth.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't know if anyone did try that time to steal the booze, never happened while I was working or didn't hear about it as I'd expect the colleagues on my department would've mentioned it. Could've happened though.

Yesterday at work I ate a prawn mayo sandwich that had a tiny piece of shell or whatever which has damaged my left First Molar, I didn't even realise until much later in the day it did indeed break a bit after I happened to touch the tooth with my tongue. Then realised today that part of the tooth is moving slightly, so need to get it check asap before it gets worse as I've had some pain there too. Obviously been eating carefully since and will need to continue to do so until it's sorted.

For Father's Day (UK), did a walk with my Dad, sister and family friend and ate at a fish & chips which I paid for for my Dad. He was going to pay his part but we couldn't have that now. XD I would've stayed longer at our friend's place as I do sometimes, but decided to return home earlier because of my tooth.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yesterday at work I ate a  prawn mayo sandwich that had a tiny piece of shell or whatever which has damaged my left First Molar, I didn't even realise until much later in the day it did indeed break a bit after I happened to touch the tooth with my tongue. Then realised today that part of the tooth is moving slightly, so need to get it check asap before it gets worse as I've had some pain there too. Obviously been eating carefully since and will need to continue to do so until it's sorted.

If you bought the sandwich you should've seen if there was a way to file a report on it because if it costs you anything to get that fixed it should really be on the sandwich company.
Where did you guys walk to/at specifically? Smile

My day has been rather eh. Kinda wanted to do more than I have with my day but I woke up aching like an old man so opted to just do only a little and rest otherwise. Also got asked to come in to work tomorrow again despite not being scheduled for it, so at this point I think I'll just turn up to work on Tuesday's regardless of whether I'm scheduled or not. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yesterday at work I ate a  prawn mayo sandwich that had a tiny piece of shell or whatever which has damaged my left First Molar, I didn't even realise until much later in the day it did indeed break a bit after I happened to touch the tooth with my tongue. Then realised today that part of the tooth is moving slightly, so need to get it check asap before it gets worse as I've had some pain there too. Obviously been eating carefully since and will need to continue to do so until it's sorted.

If you bought the sandwich you should've seen if there was a way to file a report on it because if it costs you anything to get that fixed it should really be on the sandwich company.
Where did you guys walk to/at specifically? Smile

My day has been rather eh. Kinda wanted to do more than I have with my day but I woke up aching like an old man so opted to just do only a little and rest otherwise. Also got asked to come in to work tomorrow again despite not being scheduled for it, so at this point I think I'll just turn up to work on Tuesday's regardless of whether I'm scheduled or not. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It was an ASDA Prawn Mayo. Maybe I should've kept the miniscule ball that caused it for proof.
We did a walk we usually do, but a short version from Frinton to Walton pier by the beach which took 29 mins both ways. Long version is from Clacton pier to Walton pier and back which can take over 4 hours in total. Don't think my Dad and sis can do that, but they may prove me wrong, if I have a bit of trouble with it in the last hour, don't know if they could push through it. We have the fish and chips in the middle, for a break and some much needed energy.

Haha, yep. Good they needed you so may as well try again next week. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It was an ASDA Prawn Mayo. Maybe I should've kept the miniscule ball that caused it for proof.
We did a walk we usually do, but a short version from Frinton to Walton pier by the beach which took 29 mins both ways. Long version is from Clacton pier to Walton pier and back which can take over 4 hours in total. Don't think my Dad and sis can do that, but they may prove me wrong, if I have a bit of trouble with it in the last hour, don't know if they could push through it. We have the fish and chips in the middle, for a break and some much needed energy.

Haha, yep. Good they needed you so may as well try again next week. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
It was a bit busy... I had some Universal Credit-related stuff to do on the Tuesday, so I got done about as much as I do on two normal working days. Unfortunately, that left me with no energy for the end of the week Sad .

Now that I've had a weekend (which was mostly spent gaming), I'm better-rested, thankfully Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
It was a bit busy... I had some Universal Credit-related stuff to do on the Tuesday, so I got done about as much as I do on two normal working days. Unfortunately, that left me with no energy for the end of the week Sad .

Now that I've had a weekend (which was mostly spent gaming), I'm better-rested, thankfully Smile .
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, tonight has been awful! To start with, my internet died for the entire time I was awake before work. Awesome. Then, the people who made the schedule said "Yeah, 4th of July Weekend coming up? Yeah, we'll have normal traffic; no need to assign more people," so we were SLAMMED so hard we barely had enough time to get carts back in! Then, I got pulled to help out grocery -- which is something that I haven't done in a LONG while -- because they were short staffed, too! So, you know, f*** today and all that!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, tonight has been awful! To start with, my internet died for the entire time I was awake before work. Awesome. Then, the people who made the schedule said "Yeah, 4th of July Weekend coming up? Yeah, we'll have normal traffic; no need to assign more people," so we were SLAMMED so hard we barely had enough time to get carts back in! Then, I got pulled to help out grocery -- which is something that I haven't done in a LONG while -- because they were short staffed, too! So, you know, f*** today and all that!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 1st, 2022, 02:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My store likely did the same because my schedule wasn't changed at all prior to booking it as vacation for GDQ. I wouldn't be surprised if corporate didn't want to give extra budget for the weekend and instead were banking on managers cutting hours earlier in the week to have hours for the holiday weekend. I'm not at work until the 5th though so whatever hell goes on won't be my problem. Tongue
I can't remember the last time my store grabbed people from the front for grocery though so your store sounds like a real disaster this weekend. Sad

My week has been relaxing although my mood has been going up and down more frequently as the week has progressed for various reasons. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 1st, 2022, 02:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My store likely did the same because my schedule wasn't changed at all prior to booking it as vacation for GDQ. I wouldn't be surprised if corporate didn't want to give extra budget for the weekend and instead were banking on managers cutting hours earlier in the week to have hours for the holiday weekend. I'm not at work until the 5th though so whatever hell goes on won't be my problem. Tongue
I can't remember the last time my store grabbed people from the front for grocery though so your store sounds like a real disaster this weekend. Sad

My week has been relaxing although my mood has been going up and down more frequently as the week has progressed for various reasons. Doh
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Mine was good all things considered...but we're only half way through it. So I don't want to jinx myself lol.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Mine was good all things considered...but we're only half way through it. So I don't want to jinx myself lol.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hated this morning because on my way to work I saw a fox lying in the road which I presumed to be dead, although is definitely now after I finished work. Bothered me a bit too much as I was working slower than usual at first, *sigh*. My sister came home last night at like 8PM so it wasn't around then that it happened. The fox didn't have any signs of being run over, possibly hit, but also possibly dehydration as there's little source of water foxes can get access to except a pond which is usually dried up this season. We leave leftover food in the evening for some that live in the woods near my house, so quite likely to have been one of them. That's probably why I was affected a bit. I'm better now, though, especially watching a teaser for Genshin.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hated this morning because on my way to work I saw a fox lying in the road which I presumed to be dead, although is definitely now after I finished work. Bothered me a bit too much as I was working slower than usual at first, *sigh*. My sister came home last night at like 8PM so it wasn't around then that it happened. The fox didn't have any signs of being run over, possibly hit, but also possibly dehydration as there's little source of water foxes can get access to except a pond which is usually dried up this season. We leave leftover food in the evening for some that live in the woods near my house, so quite likely to have been one of them. That's probably why I was affected a bit. I'm better now, though, especially watching a teaser for Genshin.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Very good... I spent the weekend with my girlfriend. We went to Liverpool (were we took a boat trip and played indoor golf), and watched a couple of Harry Potter films together.

The only sad bit is, we had to leave each other earlier this afternoon, so she could go back home!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Very good... I spent the weekend with my girlfriend. We went to Liverpool (were we took a boat trip and played indoor golf), and watched a couple of Harry Potter films together.

The only sad bit is, we had to leave each other earlier this afternoon, so she could go back home!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 11th, 2022, 03:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Man that sucks. If it was lying in the road I'd expect it was hit, and that can be hard to determine from a distance based on my experience with the possum that was hit by a car and I didn't see its injuries until I got right up on it. Sorry you had to deal with that regardless of what the cause was though. Sad

(Jul 11th, 2022, 06:06 PM)Kyng Wrote:
...and watched a couple of Harry Potter films together.
Ooh, which ones? ^_^

My weekend was rough after having something that caused me to almost fall asleep at work on Friday, and I proceeded to sleep from 11am to 5pm, was awake for maybe all of 4 hours and went back to bed at 9pm, and didn't get up until something like 10am on Saturday (called out of work) but still felt tired that entire day. Thought it was maybe Covid but the test was negative, so no idea. Maybe I can actually get myself to see a doctor for a check up just to see if they find anything up with me. As for today, just been feeling mentally drained after getting incredibly stressed yesterday evening over nothing that warranted that much stress, and wondering how a few people here have been doing recently.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 11th, 2022, 03:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Man that sucks. If it was lying in the road I'd expect it was hit, and that can be hard to determine from a distance based on my experience with the possum that was hit by a car and I didn't see its injuries until I got right up on it. Sorry you had to deal with that regardless of what the cause was though. Sad

(Jul 11th, 2022, 06:06 PM)Kyng Wrote:
...and watched a couple of Harry Potter films together.
Ooh, which ones? ^_^

My weekend was rough after having something that caused me to almost fall asleep at work on Friday, and I proceeded to sleep from 11am to 5pm, was awake for maybe all of 4 hours and went back to bed at 9pm, and didn't get up until something like 10am on Saturday (called out of work) but still felt tired that entire day. Thought it was maybe Covid but the test was negative, so no idea. Maybe I can actually get myself to see a doctor for a check up just to see if they find anything up with me. As for today, just been feeling mentally drained after getting incredibly stressed yesterday evening over nothing that warranted that much stress, and wondering how a few people here have been doing recently.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A quick thing about the fox again, when I saw it first time there were no flies on it, but I didn't stay long enough to check on it, as I was deciding on that and perhaps more or be very late for work (if I did more than just check and move it). Someone else did move it off the road, so still wasn't run over but had flies on it, by when I saw it after work. Going to avoid walking that way as the grass it's on is in view on mu usual route as the body's just going to gradually decompose, get maggots and ugh. Weather is also very hot now so yay.

@Kyng: Sounded like a good weekend there. Grin

@Moonface: Whoa, yeah if that keeps going definitely get yourself checked. I was going to ask if even with that it let you sleep well, but you were still tired after. Geez, hope it doesn't persist and was just a one time thing.

I'm OK at the moment, will just keep inside because it's too hot out and have no interest in being outside today. Granted it can get too humid inside in the evening, like last night too which hampered my sleep, but plan to have an early night anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A quick thing about the fox again, when I saw it first time there were no flies on it, but I didn't stay long enough to check on it, as I was deciding on that and perhaps more or be very late for work (if I did more than just check and move it). Someone else did move it off the road, so still wasn't run over but had flies on it, by when I saw it after work. Going to avoid walking that way as the grass it's on is in view on mu usual route as the body's just going to gradually decompose, get maggots and ugh. Weather is also very hot now so yay.

@Kyng: Sounded like a good weekend there. Grin

@Moonface: Whoa, yeah if that keeps going definitely get yourself checked. I was going to ask if even with that it let you sleep well, but you were still tired after. Geez, hope it doesn't persist and was just a one time thing.

I'm OK at the moment, will just keep inside because it's too hot out and have no interest in being outside today. Granted it can get too humid inside in the evening, like last night too which hampered my sleep, but plan to have an early night anyway.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: It hasn't persisted since I posted about it, and it may be that the events of my vacation just caught up with me and my body finally forced me to rest, since I hadn't really done that at all even after coming home since I was back at work the next day.

Today was better than last Friday for me for definite, since I wasn't almost falling asleep at work this week. ROFL
As for my week, it's been okay; got very lonely and sad as a result yesterday, but I did manage to clean up the kitchen a fair bit so it wasn't all bad things.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: It hasn't persisted since I posted about it, and it may be that the events of my vacation just caught up with me and my body finally forced me to rest, since I hadn't really done that at all even after coming home since I was back at work the next day.

Today was better than last Friday for me for definite, since I wasn't almost falling asleep at work this week. ROFL
As for my week, it's been okay; got very lonely and sad as a result yesterday, but I did manage to clean up the kitchen a fair bit so it wasn't all bad things.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I heard the UK is gonna be under a Red Weather warning, or something to that degree? Sounds scary. I'd say it's NBD but y'all ain't got no A/C and that's Monkas as hell. I bid you good luck this weekend, fellow Brits.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I heard the UK is gonna be under a Red Weather warning, or something to that degree? Sounds scary. I'd say it's NBD but y'all ain't got no A/C and that's Monkas as hell. I bid you good luck this weekend, fellow Brits.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2022, 05:07 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah I don't expect things to go well with temperatures hitting 40c (104f) since it puts people at risk when the temperature gets to like 34c.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2022, 05:07 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah I don't expect things to go well with temperatures hitting 40c (104f) since it puts people at risk when the temperature gets to like 34c.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,815 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,235 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,306 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,961 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface