Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just the fun we gotta live with, no A/C. Yayyy~! Last night wasn't too bad, I was considering putting my duvet back into my duvet cover. Tonight feels like it too but it usually suddenly gets very humid at night which I expect it to do...while I'm typing this as I feel it building up gradually. Need to turn off my lights that I just switched on, and laptop too. XD

Week has been OK at work, nice slow Wed and Thurs, picked up a bit yesterday, busy today. Tomorrow I'm covering so I assume as busy as Friday, hopefully not as today's, and feel the searing heat. Yay again. Oh and feeling beat too, can't wait for my lie-in on Tuesday.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just the fun we gotta live with, no A/C. Yayyy~! Last night wasn't too bad, I was considering putting my duvet back into my duvet cover. Tonight feels like it too but it usually suddenly gets very humid at night which I expect it to do...while I'm typing this as I feel it building up gradually. Need to turn off my lights that I just switched on, and laptop too. XD

Week has been OK at work, nice slow Wed and Thurs, picked up a bit yesterday, busy today. Tomorrow I'm covering so I assume as busy as Friday, hopefully not as today's, and feel the searing heat. Yay again. Oh and feeling beat too, can't wait for my lie-in on Tuesday.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 16th, 2022, 09:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You could do what I've seen some people do which is putting tinfoil over the windows to reflect the heat back out. ROFL
There's tons of people posting tips online about how to keep cool without A/C in buildings not made to keep out heat, and while I'm never going to find every tip in one place this Twitter thread had some good ones: https://twitter.com/EllieMRoberts/status...3676669953

I'll be eagerly awaiting your post sharing that all of the coolers and freezers in your store are breaking down in the heat, because I remember my freezers would always struggle when the weather got hot when I still worked there. ROFL

My day today was okay I guess. Had to stay late at work because my coworker got taken off to do someone else's work who's on vacation, but of course when me or her go on vacation we don't get help in return. Rolleyes
I'm mostly hoping my mood improves tomorrow. It hasn't really been too good today and yesterday, which I expected because I felt on top of the world on Sunday and I know whenever I feel like that it gets followed by a hard crash period. Meh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 16th, 2022, 09:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You could do what I've seen some people do which is putting tinfoil over the windows to reflect the heat back out. ROFL
There's tons of people posting tips online about how to keep cool without A/C in buildings not made to keep out heat, and while I'm never going to find every tip in one place this Twitter thread had some good ones: https://twitter.com/EllieMRoberts/status...3676669953

I'll be eagerly awaiting your post sharing that all of the coolers and freezers in your store are breaking down in the heat, because I remember my freezers would always struggle when the weather got hot when I still worked there. ROFL

My day today was okay I guess. Had to stay late at work because my coworker got taken off to do someone else's work who's on vacation, but of course when me or her go on vacation we don't get help in return. Rolleyes
I'm mostly hoping my mood improves tomorrow. It hasn't really been too good today and yesterday, which I expected because I felt on top of the world on Sunday and I know whenever I feel like that it gets followed by a hard crash period. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jul 20th, 2022, 01:02 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah well, hate burst that bubble but yesterday it was about to happen (I wasn't in), and there was a technician in that saved the fridges, well at least them. I assume the freezers as well as I didn't here anything about them going down because yesterday was easily the worst day for heat in ages. 

Don't know how I got through the night, that was awful, I actually got some sleep too, almost had nothing covering me. I was happy to get up out of bed and go to work today. XD 

Yeesh, wish you had more days like Sunday Moony. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jul 20th, 2022, 01:02 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah well, hate burst that bubble but yesterday it was about to happen (I wasn't in), and there was a technician in that saved the fridges, well at least them. I assume the freezers as well as I didn't here anything about them going down because yesterday was easily the worst day for heat in ages. 

Don't know how I got through the night, that was awful, I actually got some sleep too, almost had nothing covering me. I was happy to get up out of bed and go to work today. XD 

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 20th, 2022, 09:35 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The only problem with that is the more top-of-the-world days I have, the more crash-down-to-earth days I'll have since they always follow them. XD

Today has been rather chill. Just been trying to decide what personal projects I want to work on before school starts up again in a few weeks while I still have the free time. I've got a couple of things in mind so that way if I get stuck on one I can always pick up the other one in the mean time. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 20th, 2022, 09:35 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The only problem with that is the more top-of-the-world days I have, the more crash-down-to-earth days I'll have since they always follow them. XD

Today has been rather chill. Just been trying to decide what personal projects I want to work on before school starts up again in a few weeks while I still have the free time. I've got a couple of things in mind so that way if I get stuck on one I can always pick up the other one in the mean time. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Haven't done anything yet today except work, but I guess I can say work was good since I got a $1.25 raise. Grin

I had the weekend off but didn't really do much since I felt under the weather a lot of the weekend, and Sunday was mostly spent sorting the house out as I mentioned in UCT.

How was everyone else's weekend? ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Haven't done anything yet today except work, but I guess I can say work was good since I got a $1.25 raise. Grin

I had the weekend off but didn't really do much since I felt under the weather a lot of the weekend, and Sunday was mostly spent sorting the house out as I mentioned in UCT.

How was everyone else's weekend? ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I, uh, can't say mine was much different all things considered ROFL But the week is starting off on a good note. Work has actually been quite fun and interesting lately, as we shift over into the modern era of email marketing campaigns with actual data and science to back up our shit. We started to see the fruits of our labor literally within the first hour upon sending out a blast Monday: a person, whom we've had in our email list for a long while now and has NEVER purchased anything before, literally bought something frame one on our blast. And, not only that, they actually WENT BACK and bought more! How nuts is that?
Our new system is so cool and neat, and fluid so we don't waste our time doing repetitive shit day in and out and spend our time more effectively and on different stuff.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I, uh, can't say mine was much different all things considered ROFL But the week is starting off on a good note. Work has actually been quite fun and interesting lately, as we shift over into the modern era of email marketing campaigns with actual data and science to back up our shit. We started to see the fruits of our labor literally within the first hour upon sending out a blast Monday: a person, whom we've had in our email list for a long while now and has NEVER purchased anything before, literally bought something frame one on our blast. And, not only that, they actually WENT BACK and bought more! How nuts is that?
Our new system is so cool and neat, and fluid so we don't waste our time doing repetitive shit day in and out and spend our time more effectively and on different stuff.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mine had nothing much special going on other than one event. Standard work on Saturday and already back to how I felt before my time off, tired of the usual crap I have to deal with, waste, poor rotation, the odd item having no price on display, etc. Sunday Genshin and a bit of Phasmo before watching some Tekken 7 EVO but couldn't stay up to watch the end, so saw the rest in the morning.

Monday ehhh, Tuesday Genshin today work then a takeaway after that. Ate the chicken before chips because my cat wanted some, so nom'ing on the chips now. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mine had nothing much special going on other than one event. Standard work on Saturday and already back to how I felt before my time off, tired of the usual crap I have to deal with, waste, poor rotation, the odd item having no price on display, etc. Sunday Genshin and a bit of Phasmo before watching some Tekken 7 EVO but couldn't stay up to watch the end, so saw the rest in the morning.

Monday ehhh, Tuesday Genshin today work then a takeaway after that. Ate the chicken before chips because my cat wanted some, so nom'ing on the chips now. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2022, 01:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...before watching some Tekken 7 EVO but couldn't stay up to watch the end, so saw the rest in the morning.
How was this btw?

My day so far has been rather glum. Shira has tested positive for Covid, I have no clue if I have it but I feel fine for now, although on the flip side I had a breakdown this morning and have stopped giving much of a shit about anything or anyone since that point because I'm just tired of it all. Not too sure what I'll do with the rest of my day yet since nothing really interests me right now. Meh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2022, 01:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...before watching some Tekken 7 EVO but couldn't stay up to watch the end, so saw the rest in the morning.
How was this btw?

My day so far has been rather glum. Shira has tested positive for Covid, I have no clue if I have it but I feel fine for now, although on the flip side I had a breakdown this morning and have stopped giving much of a shit about anything or anyone since that point because I'm just tired of it all. Not too sure what I'll do with the rest of my day yet since nothing really interests me right now. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I had a miserable last night after making a mistake yesterday, finally got over it today though.

I didn't see enough of the EVO tournament but it seemed fine. I preferred watching the CEO 2022 tournament, that one was hella hype as I was rooting for more players and got to catch more of the lead up to the Top 8 and that final bracket live. The EVO one was kinda hype still, got a very very small glimpse of the next Tekken game but no title announcement, literally just Kazuya's head that's it. XD I'd have posted about it if there was a bit more to it.

Frick, really? Shira, NOOO! Hope her exercising and losing weight will help contribute to her overcoming it. Seen plenty of people recover from it at work and my bro and his fiancé too, so there's hope. You try to keep safe too Moony and be her rock!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I had a miserable last night after making a mistake yesterday, finally got over it today though.

I didn't see enough of the EVO tournament but it seemed fine. I preferred watching the CEO 2022 tournament, that one was hella hype as I was rooting for more players and got to catch more of the lead up to the Top 8 and that final bracket live. The EVO one was kinda hype still, got a very very small glimpse of the next Tekken game but no title announcement, literally just Kazuya's head that's it. XD I'd have posted about it if there was a bit more to it.

Frick, really? Shira, NOOO! Hope her exercising and losing weight will help contribute to her overcoming it. Seen plenty of people recover from it at work and my bro and his fiancé too, so there's hope. You try to keep safe too Moony and be her rock!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My day so far has been spent fighting with Google to display an e-book in their stupid reader correctly. For whatever reason on desktop there's a horizontal bar that covers the page contents at the bottom of the screen and there's no way to stop it; viewing the same book on the Google Play Books app doesn't do it, so I'm having to read a textbook on my tiny phone screen. It took me over an hour to get to this point because I was insistent on the desktop reader working properly.

At least this book I need for class didn't cost me anything because I pirated it, since I'm not paying $60+ for a book that likely has all the tutorials done by others on YouTube with just as much detail or better. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My day so far has been spent fighting with Google to display an e-book in their stupid reader correctly. For whatever reason on desktop there's a horizontal bar that covers the page contents at the bottom of the screen and there's no way to stop it; viewing the same book on the Google Play Books app doesn't do it, so I'm having to read a textbook on my tiny phone screen. It took me over an hour to get to this point because I was insistent on the desktop reader working properly.

At least this book I need for class didn't cost me anything because I pirated it, since I'm not paying $60+ for a book that likely has all the tutorials done by others on YouTube with just as much detail or better. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Week has been bliss being not at work, spent some time with my friend for couple days then getting ready for today, then attended my brother's wedding. A joyous occasion for all, but a tiring end. Got to keep the shirt from the place we hired the outfits from, wore the socks I had from Moony's wedding, not worn since then. Had special cufflinks for this and a pocket watch from my bro too. The whole thing has been filmed and with professional photography. Hoo boy can't wait to cringe at my moments watching it back when we get to see it. Not that there will be much of me. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Week has been bliss being not at work, spent some time with my friend for couple days then getting ready for today, then attended my brother's wedding. A joyous occasion for all, but a tiring end. Got to keep the shirt from the place we hired the outfits from, wore the socks I had from Moony's wedding, not worn since then. Had special cufflinks for this and a pocket watch from my bro too. The whole thing has been filmed and with professional photography. Hoo boy can't wait to cringe at my moments watching it back when we get to see it. Not that there will be much of me. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ooh, that sounds cool. Any theme to this wedding, or was it standard/traditional dress up?

Weekend kind of flew by, and it rained for 70% of it, so that super stunk. Did get planning going for a party we intend to host next month, so I guess there's that. Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ooh, that sounds cool. Any theme to this wedding, or was it standard/traditional dress up?

Weekend kind of flew by, and it rained for 70% of it, so that super stunk. Did get planning going for a party we intend to host next month, so I guess there's that. Shrug
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Towards the standard traditional kind, but with their choices changing things up a bit. Wasn't done at a church but was with readings from the bible and hymns included as my brother attends church normally like my mum, and also helps out with younger generation. Had the ceremony, photos, 3-course meal, mingling, buffet and disco at the end.

Aw, it rained there. Was fine here for the wedding, Sunday and for today's state funeral.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Towards the standard traditional kind, but with their choices changing things up a bit. Wasn't done at a church but was with readings from the bible and hymns included as my brother attends church normally like my mum, and also helps out with younger generation. Had the ceremony, photos, 3-course meal, mingling, buffet and disco at the end.

Aw, it rained there. Was fine here for the wedding, Sunday and for today's state funeral.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
The weekend was pretty brutal honestly. Had a family get-together and my sister had to start drama. Some things never change, unfortunately...

I'm going to stay positive for the remainder of the week. I've had some bad heartburn, but otherwise have been knocking out my Pac-Man review. Should be able to re-record the final bit of audio tomorrow and finish her up! Grin
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
The weekend was pretty brutal honestly. Had a family get-together and my sister had to start drama. Some things never change, unfortunately...

I'm going to stay positive for the remainder of the week. I've had some bad heartburn, but otherwise have been knocking out my Pac-Man review. Should be able to re-record the final bit of audio tomorrow and finish her up! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Where did they hold the wedding if you don't mind sharing. Unless it's somewhere far from town and I won't have a clue what the place is, but I'm assuming for now that it was somewhere in the area. Tongue
Glad it went well though. Do you wish you could've brought me as your plus one? Shifty

@Frank: I know how that feels. That's happened sometimes with family gatherings on Shira's side when one of her aunts have too much alcohol. Rolleyes
I guess you're redoing audio because something went wrong with the initial recording?

My day has been rather poor. Went to bed at midnight, woke at 1am with another bad nosebleed, and then didn't sleep well because I was paranoid about having another and getting blood over my pillow if I didn't wake up before it leaked out my nose. Dragged myself to class at 9am which took me an hour to get to because the I-95 was moving at like 10mph for the entire 10+ mile journey I had to take on it (Google insisted this was still the fastest way so I dread to think what the other options were like...) and then spent that whole class period feeling like my sculpture idea wasn't good enough so didn't really get as much progress done as I'd have liked. Came home, and because I'm tired I have no patience so everything is bugging me and just before I made this post I had another nosebleed while trying to eat hotdogs.
I'm hoping that I can at least get good sleep tonight because I have to be up at 4am for work. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Where did they hold the wedding if you don't mind sharing. Unless it's somewhere far from town and I won't have a clue what the place is, but I'm assuming for now that it was somewhere in the area. Tongue
Glad it went well though. Do you wish you could've brought me as your plus one? Shifty

@Frank: I know how that feels. That's happened sometimes with family gatherings on Shira's side when one of her aunts have too much alcohol. Rolleyes
I guess you're redoing audio because something went wrong with the initial recording?

My day has been rather poor. Went to bed at midnight, woke at 1am with another bad nosebleed, and then didn't sleep well because I was paranoid about having another and getting blood over my pillow if I didn't wake up before it leaked out my nose. Dragged myself to class at 9am which took me an hour to get to because the I-95 was moving at like 10mph for the entire 10+ mile journey I had to take on it (Google insisted this was still the fastest way so I dread to think what the other options were like...) and then spent that whole class period feeling like my sculpture idea wasn't good enough so didn't really get as much progress done as I'd have liked. Came home, and because I'm tired I have no patience so everything is bugging me and just before I made this post I had another nosebleed while trying to eat hotdogs.
I'm hoping that I can at least get good sleep tonight because I have to be up at 4am for work. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,801 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,232 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,304 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,961 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface