Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh noes! Hope your cat has been treated and is better now, @Frank .

@Moonface Yeesh, may the front-end worker pick up their slack or get sorted in the way the word "slack" has it's L removed.

Had a few days away from home and stayed over a friend's place who I play Scrabble with. 4 games, 2 wins each. Watched some dvds, relaxed, had Chinese in his local area and a walk around his block. Didn't do much because it's cold out and really just didn't feel like it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh noes! Hope your cat has been treated and is better now, @Frank .

@Moonface Yeesh, may the front-end worker pick up their slack or get sorted in the way the word "slack" has it's L removed.

Had a few days away from home and stayed over a friend's place who I play Scrabble with. 4 games, 2 wins each. Watched some dvds, relaxed, had Chinese in his local area and a walk around his block. Didn't do much because it's cold out and really just didn't feel like it. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: Not happening. That manager outright said to the store manager she doesn't do things she is meant to do, and the store manager laughed like it wasn't a big deal. Meh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: Not happening. That manager outright said to the store manager she doesn't do things she is meant to do, and the store manager laughed like it wasn't a big deal. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Ah, well I'm not surprised nothing's happening and the store manager reacted like that. I bet you weren't surprised either.

Eh just a normal indoor day today. Really need to get more active before I go back to work Monday or I may find it difficult. Then again it's for one day and I have a usual two days off after, which should be good if I do have a get a problem. LOL Obviously I have in mind to avoid any, although I am betting as soon as I walk in I'll notice something that'll tick me off.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Ah, well I'm not surprised nothing's happening and the store manager reacted like that. I bet you weren't surprised either.

Eh just a normal indoor day today. Really need to get more active before I go back to work Monday or I may find it difficult. Then again it's for one day and I have a usual two days off after, which should be good if I do have a get a problem. LOL Obviously I have in mind to avoid any, although I am betting as soon as I walk in I'll notice something that'll tick me off.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My day today was pretty decent, albeit uneventful, but the nicest part about it is that I don't have any homework to worry about this weekend which is nice after spending the last few days doing school work almost non-stop.
Only thing I wish would change is my mood just dropping like a rock out of nowhere everyday. Like today nothing bad happened but in the early afternoon I just felt totally deflated, which I hate because I view everything negatively and my mind starts trying to catastrophise even though I know most of the stuff is illogical. I hate mental health sometimes... Meh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My day today was pretty decent, albeit uneventful, but the nicest part about it is that I don't have any homework to worry about this weekend which is nice after spending the last few days doing school work almost non-stop.
Only thing I wish would change is my mood just dropping like a rock out of nowhere everyday. Like today nothing bad happened but in the early afternoon I just felt totally deflated, which I hate because I view everything negatively and my mind starts trying to catastrophise even though I know most of the stuff is illogical. I hate mental health sometimes... Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgot we were planning to visit my step-granddad so that gave me something to actively do. We had a good visit and a fine meal out, where we had to drive around looking for somewhere that had staff or weren't bookings only being a Saturday after all, so we ended up at Wetherspoons. Ah, yes, the establishment myself and Moony got removed from when we were 17, or Moony just became or was about to be 18. ROFL Back then it was stupid because we just wanted food not alcohol. Don't know if they still do that. Anyway, wasn't the first time I've been to one since back then, but yeah even with how busy it was the food arrived quickly and was great.

Today just calm day before tomorrow, then Tuesday is my Dad's birthday so we're going for another spot of bowling. Here's hoping to scoring over 100 this time.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgot we were planning to visit my step-granddad so that gave me something to actively do. We had a good visit and a fine meal out, where we had to drive around looking for somewhere that had staff or weren't bookings only being a Saturday after all, so we ended up at Wetherspoons. Ah, yes, the establishment myself and Moony got removed from when we were 17, or Moony just became or was about to be 18. ROFL Back then it was stupid because we just wanted food not alcohol. Don't know if they still do that. Anyway, wasn't the first time I've been to one since back then, but yeah even with how busy it was the food arrived quickly and was great.

Today just calm day before tomorrow, then Tuesday is my Dad's birthday so we're going for another spot of bowling. Here's hoping to scoring over 100 this time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 22nd, 2023, 04:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...Wetherspoons. Ah, yes, the establishment myself and Moony got removed from when we were 17, or Moony just became or was about to be 18. ROFL Back then it was stupid because we just wanted food not alcohol. Don't know if they still do that. Anyway, wasn't the first time I've been to one since back then, but yeah even with how busy it was the food arrived quickly and was great.
Neither of us were 18. I honestly think the alcohol thing was an excuse to kick us out because there was nothing indicating the place was age restricted and even then, I'm pretty sure you're legally allowed in any restaurant regardless of age so long as you're only ordering things you're legally allowed to consume. I still doubt I'll willingly go back to one. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 22nd, 2023, 04:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...Wetherspoons. Ah, yes, the establishment myself and Moony got removed from when we were 17, or Moony just became or was about to be 18. ROFL Back then it was stupid because we just wanted food not alcohol. Don't know if they still do that. Anyway, wasn't the first time I've been to one since back then, but yeah even with how busy it was the food arrived quickly and was great.
Neither of us were 18. I honestly think the alcohol thing was an excuse to kick us out because there was nothing indicating the place was age restricted and even then, I'm pretty sure you're legally allowed in any restaurant regardless of age so long as you're only ordering things you're legally allowed to consume. I still doubt I'll willingly go back to one. Errm
Henrywrites Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Call of Duty
XP: 318
My day has been pretty hectic. I don't even know how the weekend is going to be, but I have strong hopes that it will be an amazing one.
Henrywrites Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Call of Duty
XP: 318
My day has been pretty hectic. I don't even know how the weekend is going to be, but I have strong hopes that it will be an amazing one.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope your weekend turned out good @Henrywrites. Smile

I've been feeling unwell since Sunday which has been a drag, and work today was more questioning of my weekend shift and now I found out my coworker is out for a week so I'm just waiting for my manager to expect me to cover everything by myself. Too bad I'm telling him no. Whistle
In good news at least I got all my prints done during class today so I didn't need to stay late. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope your weekend turned out good @Henrywrites. Smile

I've been feeling unwell since Sunday which has been a drag, and work today was more questioning of my weekend shift and now I found out my coworker is out for a week so I'm just waiting for my manager to expect me to cover everything by myself. Too bad I'm telling him no. Whistle
In good news at least I got all my prints done during class today so I didn't need to stay late. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got back from the annual street painting festival in one of the downtown areas up north from where I live. I haven't been to it since 2018 so it was nice to go again, and I decided to take some pictures of the ones I saw that I really liked: https://imgur.com/a/xOnfLd0

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got back from the annual street painting festival in one of the downtown areas up north from where I live. I haven't been to it since 2018 so it was nice to go again, and I decided to take some pictures of the ones I saw that I really liked: https://imgur.com/a/xOnfLd0
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Please tell me they kick it off with something like "The ground is your canvas, start painting~!" I know you're unlikely to have been there then, but anyway. Those four, even the one partly visible above the second one are all great. Grin I'd do a replica of my painting in college, yes. *shot*

Last week was working a lot, playing Genshin a lot and visited my remaining step-grandparent. Was OK apart from Saturday's shift was crazy busy from like 9am to 2pm, where I was alternating between home shopping and my produce department, yay.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Please tell me they kick it off with something like "The ground is your canvas, start painting~!" I know you're unlikely to have been there then, but anyway. Those four, even the one partly visible above the second one are all great. Grin I'd do a replica of my painting in college, yes. *shot*

Last week was working a lot, playing Genshin a lot and visited my remaining step-grandparent. Was OK apart from Saturday's shift was crazy busy from like 9am to 2pm, where I was alternating between home shopping and my produce department, yay.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 27th, 2023, 10:21 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I have no clue how it starts off but @ShiraNoMai participated in it twice when she was in high school so maybe she can answer that question. Wink

All I know is that it's a mixture of professional artists and school students, with the former having to pay for their allocated space themselves while the students are funded by their respective schools. Unless you ask otherwise, everyone's allocated space is mapped out by the organizers with a base of black paint, and then you draw your piece on that black using chalk (yes, despite being called a street painting festival there is very little use of paint). Generally it's better to go on the last day because more stuff will be finished, although there were still a considerable number of pieces that were not finished when we went yesterday (which was the last day).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 27th, 2023, 10:21 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I have no clue how it starts off but @ShiraNoMai participated in it twice when she was in high school so maybe she can answer that question. Wink

All I know is that it's a mixture of professional artists and school students, with the former having to pay for their allocated space themselves while the students are funded by their respective schools. Unless you ask otherwise, everyone's allocated space is mapped out by the organizers with a base of black paint, and then you draw your piece on that black using chalk (yes, despite being called a street painting festival there is very little use of paint). Generally it's better to go on the last day because more stuff will be finished, although there were still a considerable number of pieces that were not finished when we went yesterday (which was the last day).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wouldn't say a considerable amount were unfinished by the time we left, probably a handful at most. There's at least 50 total art spaces we saw.

Ah, when you start, you have to check in at the little kiosk run by the organizers. They verify your plot of canvas, and that you've checked in, and also supply you with some basic supplies as needed. Other than that, yeah, go and start. You get there an hour or two before it opens up to the public, so prep time is crucial. It's really fun though. Hot as fuck and you are messy by the end of each day, but the work you do is satisfying. Smile

I had a very "touch-grass" kind of day today: today was day 2 of jury duty selection for me. I was freed at like 2pm, and recalled that I had an appointment nearby for my therapist, but it's not til 530. I didn't feel like driving 20 miles home to drive 20 miles back, so I just didn't go to work like I was planning on and instead enjoyed a quiet afternoon by myself in a very ritzy, but gorgeous town that my therapist's new location resided in. Never been over here before, it's pretty cool. Got some Gelato at a shop in the town center that was nearby the therapist.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I had a day all to myself without immediate obligations involved somewhere. It was quite eye opening. Definitely something I want to do more for myself more often.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wouldn't say a considerable amount were unfinished by the time we left, probably a handful at most. There's at least 50 total art spaces we saw.

Ah, when you start, you have to check in at the little kiosk run by the organizers. They verify your plot of canvas, and that you've checked in, and also supply you with some basic supplies as needed. Other than that, yeah, go and start. You get there an hour or two before it opens up to the public, so prep time is crucial. It's really fun though. Hot as fuck and you are messy by the end of each day, but the work you do is satisfying. Smile

I had a very "touch-grass" kind of day today: today was day 2 of jury duty selection for me. I was freed at like 2pm, and recalled that I had an appointment nearby for my therapist, but it's not til 530. I didn't feel like driving 20 miles home to drive 20 miles back, so I just didn't go to work like I was planning on and instead enjoyed a quiet afternoon by myself in a very ritzy, but gorgeous town that my therapist's new location resided in. Never been over here before, it's pretty cool. Got some Gelato at a shop in the town center that was nearby the therapist.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I had a day all to myself without immediate obligations involved somewhere. It was quite eye opening. Definitely something I want to do more for myself more often.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Very nice... I had an extended weekend away in London with my girlfriend.

The main highlight was a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford, where we saw quite a lot of the sets used in the films; got a look at some of the behind-the-scenes aspects of the production; and enjoyed a Butterbeer each Tongue . However, in addition to that, we also visited the War of the Worlds immersive experience on Thursday; went to the National Gallery yesterday; and took a quick look around the Natural History Museum this afternoon.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 

The main highlight was a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford, where we saw quite a lot of the sets used in the films; got a look at some of the behind-the-scenes aspects of the production; and enjoyed a Butterbeer each Tongue . However, in addition to that, we also visited the War of the Worlds immersive experience on Thursday; went to the National Gallery yesterday; and took a quick look around the Natural History Museum this afternoon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 5th, 2023, 10:04 PM)Kyng Wrote:

If you want a recommendation of somewhere else to check out in the UK that was used for the Harry Potter movies, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway could be good for you if you've never gone before. One of the stations (Goathland) was used as Hogsmeade and train shots were taken on that line until production of those scenes was moved to Scotland. Everything there also runs on steam engines too and you can experience a lot of cool stuff with them beyond just riding in a carriage pulled by one, which I'm sure you would adore given your affinity for trains. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

If you want a recommendation of somewhere else to check out in the UK that was used for the Harry Potter movies, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway could be good for you if you've never gone before. One of the stations (Goathland) was used as Hogsmeade and train shots were taken on that line until production of those scenes was moved to Scotland. Everything there also runs on steam engines too and you can experience a lot of cool stuff with them beyond just riding in a carriage pulled by one, which I'm sure you would adore given your affinity for trains. Tongue
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Mar 15th, 2023, 12:40 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation Grin ! 

I'm pretty sure I've been once before, but that was years ago, so I can't remember a whole lot about it. I would gladly go again Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Mar 15th, 2023, 12:40 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation Grin ! 

I'm pretty sure I've been once before, but that was years ago, so I can't remember a whole lot about it. I would gladly go again Smile .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,983 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,310 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,334 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,018 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface