How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Kyng: If you went there and don't remember I'm shocked, just because of how unique the place is. The stations themselves haven't changed a bit though so I guess you could see if you recognize any of them as a place you visited.

My day was better than I was anticipating it to be; after how bad my shift on Saturday was where I wanted to do nothing more than quit, I was expecting the shift today to be a continuation of that in some manner. Fortunately it wasn't but I also have work every day up to and including Sunday, so if I can survive that entire stretch without wanting to kill someone or rip my hair out I'll be impressed. Alas, my direct manager is back from vacation as of today and he tends to be the biggest pain in my arse. Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Kyng: If you went there and don't remember I'm shocked, just because of how unique the place is. The stations themselves haven't changed a bit though so I guess you could see if you recognize any of them as a place you visited.

My day was better than I was anticipating it to be; after how bad my shift on Saturday was where I wanted to do nothing more than quit, I was expecting the shift today to be a continuation of that in some manner. Fortunately it wasn't but I also have work every day up to and including Sunday, so if I can survive that entire stretch without wanting to kill someone or rip my hair out I'll be impressed. Alas, my direct manager is back from vacation as of today and he tends to be the biggest pain in my arse. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wishing you luck in these coming days, my dear, you'll need it. Errm LOL

Doing my best to try and keep a positive headspace lately. The ongoing trend of my life lately (over the past 6 months) has been "get back on track, fail, start over, repeat" and it's been increasingly discouraging when it occurs week after week over such a long period. Recognizing it's part of life has been the biggest struggle considering my expectations over the last couple of years has been consistent, and for it to suddenly decide "nah it don't work like that no more" is just hard to come to terms with. Just gotta keep pressing on and trying again.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wishing you luck in these coming days, my dear, you'll need it. Errm LOL

Doing my best to try and keep a positive headspace lately. The ongoing trend of my life lately (over the past 6 months) has been "get back on track, fail, start over, repeat" and it's been increasingly discouraging when it occurs week after week over such a long period. Recognizing it's part of life has been the biggest struggle considering my expectations over the last couple of years has been consistent, and for it to suddenly decide "nah it don't work like that no more" is just hard to come to terms with. Just gotta keep pressing on and trying again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hope your week has been at least tolerable @Moonface , and that things start turning out closer or more to what you want, @ShiraNoMai . Sad

Suppose my time off work again has been fine. Didn't do much last week, but nothing I actually truly wanted to do except play some games, started a new one at least (FE:Echoes), just returned from staying round my Scrabble friend's place, he hasn't been too well but slowly getting better and helped him take his mind off his health issues recently. Anyway we still had a good time anyway, I still suck at bowling though, if only I can get more consistent in the shots I do for the one-off strikes, plus the 9's, 8's, spares...well I'd be laughing wouldn't I. Nah just less getting the ball in the gutter would be a start, and no, not allowing barriers, if my bowl was a miss then it stays a miss. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hope your week has been at least tolerable @Moonface , and that things start turning out closer or more to what you want, @ShiraNoMai . Sad

Suppose my time off work again has been fine. Didn't do much last week, but nothing I actually truly wanted to do except play some games, started a new one at least (FE:Echoes), just returned from staying round my Scrabble friend's place, he hasn't been too well but slowly getting better and helped him take his mind off his health issues recently. Anyway we still had a good time anyway, I still suck at bowling though, if only I can get more consistent in the shots I do for the one-off strikes, plus the 9's, 8's, spares...well I'd be laughing wouldn't I. Nah just less getting the ball in the gutter would be a start, and no, not allowing barriers, if my bowl was a miss then it stays a miss. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forget how that week went in the end but I think it was okay overall? Unsure

What has not been okay though has been my day and the last week + a few days. So I wrote in the "Notable Purchases" thread about how I'd spent $1200 on my stupid car over the course of two back-to-back weekends, and low and behold when I went to start my car today to go to work the exact same problem I've been having happened again! At some point today I need to call the corporate office of Firestone to see if I can get some sort of refund or compensation, because although work is being done to my car it seems none of it is addressing the issue I've taken it in for twice now, and I don't have enough money to pay for a third visit which would probably put my total to $2000 in less than three weeks.
Add onto that that work has been utterly awful across the board due to incompetent management, and relaxing at home is hard when I'm being hounded by work or having to deal with mechanics, which is why I've not been on as much as I would usually be the past few days.

I would say WrestleMania this weekend was a bright spot but only for Night 1. The second night was pretty bad from front to back and it seems all of the press conference shite that was spewed out after about "we have more to tell for this story" was bollocks since last night's Raw didn't continue a single storyline and was filled with nonsensical shit. Turns out good old Vince "needs to hurry up and die already" McMahon decided he wanted to take charge of everything again and threw out the plans for the show something like two hours before it was due to start. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forget how that week went in the end but I think it was okay overall? Unsure

What has not been okay though has been my day and the last week + a few days. So I wrote in the "Notable Purchases" thread about how I'd spent $1200 on my stupid car over the course of two back-to-back weekends, and low and behold when I went to start my car today to go to work the exact same problem I've been having happened again! At some point today I need to call the corporate office of Firestone to see if I can get some sort of refund or compensation, because although work is being done to my car it seems none of it is addressing the issue I've taken it in for twice now, and I don't have enough money to pay for a third visit which would probably put my total to $2000 in less than three weeks.
Add onto that that work has been utterly awful across the board due to incompetent management, and relaxing at home is hard when I'm being hounded by work or having to deal with mechanics, which is why I've not been on as much as I would usually be the past few days.

I would say WrestleMania this weekend was a bright spot but only for Night 1. The second night was pretty bad from front to back and it seems all of the press conference shite that was spewed out after about "we have more to tell for this story" was bollocks since last night's Raw didn't continue a single storyline and was filled with nonsensical shit. Turns out good old Vince "needs to hurry up and die already" McMahon decided he wanted to take charge of everything again and threw out the plans for the show something like two hours before it was due to start. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn the really sucks about your car, Moony. Hope you get that refund especially as the visits before didn't sort out the problem. Eh

Also yeah thought WWE would never be safe from Vince, heard about how the Raw night was messed up from his return, he just isn't needed anymore but still he has to throw his agenda in once he was able to. A shame as I understood WWE was starting to get better after he stepped down for a while. Bleh.

My week, other than today and what likely will be the same tomorrow and Saturday has been fine. My knee didn't play up at work though which is good but have two long shifts to do next, will just keep my support on during them just in case.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn the really sucks about your car, Moony. Hope you get that refund especially as the visits before didn't sort out the problem. Eh

Also yeah thought WWE would never be safe from Vince, heard about how the Raw night was messed up from his return, he just isn't needed anymore but still he has to throw his agenda in once he was able to. A shame as I understood WWE was starting to get better after he stepped down for a while. Bleh.

My week, other than today and what likely will be the same tomorrow and Saturday has been fine. My knee didn't play up at work though which is good but have two long shifts to do next, will just keep my support on during them just in case.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nice EL, I hope your knee continues to be fine going forward. Smile

I'm on day 2 of 3 workouts this week, which is great. I've been struggling to get back into the groove of going when external factors kept eating into my time (for better or worse). My diet's mostly clean; I just gotta control dinner portions more, I think. Overall, it's been a solid week. I've also had back to back easy weeks at the office, which is helping my spirit a bit.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nice EL, I hope your knee continues to be fine going forward. Smile

I'm on day 2 of 3 workouts this week, which is great. I've been struggling to get back into the groove of going when external factors kept eating into my time (for better or worse). My diet's mostly clean; I just gotta control dinner portions more, I think. Overall, it's been a solid week. I've also had back to back easy weeks at the office, which is helping my spirit a bit.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I bought a $10 scratch off after work and won $100 on it, so I'd say that makes my day pretty good.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I bought a $10 scratch off after work and won $100 on it, so I'd say that makes my day pretty good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 6th, 2023, 05:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

No refund but they told me to take the car back in and they'll do any further work for free. They've had it since Saturday and I've been told I won't get it back until at least Thursday because miraculously they can't find anything wrong with it. Errm

He'd been involved to some extent with the company still but was pretty hands off in regards to the shows, which was fine until that changed. He wasn't involved with Smackdown or yesterday's Raw at least, although Raw didn't catch a break still because travel issues prevented about 50% of the roster from making it to the arena so a lot of matches and promos had to be changed to work with whatever talent did make it there. Maybe next week they'll get to do things how they did prior to 'Mania. XD

(Apr 7th, 2023, 02:37 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ooh! Do you often buy scratch off's DL or was this just some random impulse thing?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 6th, 2023, 05:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

No refund but they told me to take the car back in and they'll do any further work for free. They've had it since Saturday and I've been told I won't get it back until at least Thursday because miraculously they can't find anything wrong with it. Errm

He'd been involved to some extent with the company still but was pretty hands off in regards to the shows, which was fine until that changed. He wasn't involved with Smackdown or yesterday's Raw at least, although Raw didn't catch a break still because travel issues prevented about 50% of the roster from making it to the arena so a lot of matches and promos had to be changed to work with whatever talent did make it there. Maybe next week they'll get to do things how they did prior to 'Mania. XD

(Apr 7th, 2023, 02:37 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ooh! Do you often buy scratch off's DL or was this just some random impulse thing?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Had the day off work due to shift swapping with my coworker so I got to sleep in today. Pretty chill day overall; went to the British store and bought a ton of stuff including some new stuff I'd never seen before even when I lived in the UK, then after that went to a friend's place for their 30th birthday party. Currently in the car with Shira driving back home. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Had the day off work due to shift swapping with my coworker so I got to sleep in today. Pretty chill day overall; went to the British store and bought a ton of stuff including some new stuff I'd never seen before even when I lived in the UK, then after that went to a friend's place for their 30th birthday party. Currently in the car with Shira driving back home. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Went over to my friends for two nights, played Scrabble then a 3 games of tenpin bowling with his brother, then again more bowling today for my mum's birthday with him and my sister. I sucked yesterday getting my worst three scores, then today got my best score in recent times which was 116, my previous being a crappy 86 so a whole 30 points improvement is nice.

However wasn't all good, got notified by my bank of a transaction I didn't make, at first took it as a possible scam as I received a similar text before which turned out to be nothing but this time it was real, with more transactions appearing that I had no part of. Apparently card payments too yet I had my bank card on me at all times, so called to get it fixed, destroyed my current card, get one reissued then watch out of any more possible fraud. Yay. Lucikly wasn't too much, up to £270, but still annoying. Hope there's no more problems.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Went over to my friends for two nights, played Scrabble then a 3 games of tenpin bowling with his brother, then again more bowling today for my mum's birthday with him and my sister. I sucked yesterday getting my worst three scores, then today got my best score in recent times which was 116, my previous being a crappy 86 so a whole 30 points improvement is nice.

However wasn't all good, got notified by my bank of a transaction I didn't make, at first took it as a possible scam as I received a similar text before which turned out to be nothing but this time it was real, with more transactions appearing that I had no part of. Apparently card payments too yet I had my bank card on me at all times, so called to get it fixed, destroyed my current card, get one reissued then watch out of any more possible fraud. Yay. Lucikly wasn't too much, up to £270, but still annoying. Hope there's no more problems.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 10th, 2023, 08:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Apparently card payments too yet I had my bank card on me at all times, so called to get it fixed, destroyed my current card, get one reissued then watch out of any more possible fraud. Yay. Lucikly wasn't too much, up to £270, but still annoying. Hope there's no more problems.
You got that money back right? Even if that isn't a lot to you the bank should usually refund whatever charges were fraudulent. As for how it happened even with the card on you, @ShiraNoMai has had that before. Someone once bought a trailer that cost like $800 in another state, meanwhile not even a week prior we had bought something on her card for a significantly smaller amount in Miami or Orlando and the bank called to question the transaction. Rolleyes My guess is in both instances the card got skimmed at a card reader; I'd suggest keeping tabs of where you used your card (especially in places you hadn't before) prior to the fraud to try and get a rough idea of where it might have happened so you can be on guard if you use your card at any of those same places again to see if it happens again.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 10th, 2023, 08:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Apparently card payments too yet I had my bank card on me at all times, so called to get it fixed, destroyed my current card, get one reissued then watch out of any more possible fraud. Yay. Lucikly wasn't too much, up to £270, but still annoying. Hope there's no more problems.
You got that money back right? Even if that isn't a lot to you the bank should usually refund whatever charges were fraudulent. As for how it happened even with the card on you, @ShiraNoMai has had that before. Someone once bought a trailer that cost like $800 in another state, meanwhile not even a week prior we had bought something on her card for a significantly smaller amount in Miami or Orlando and the bank called to question the transaction. Rolleyes My guess is in both instances the card got skimmed at a card reader; I'd suggest keeping tabs of where you used your card (especially in places you hadn't before) prior to the fraud to try and get a rough idea of where it might have happened so you can be on guard if you use your card at any of those same places again to see if it happens again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : I have been refunded for each instance so far, I was expecting more of the same for the following two days as the first batch were for the 8th and 9th of May, some more 9th transactions happened after I reported on Wednesday so expecting some 10th's to come through, all except one being NIKE Gift Cards spent as Euro's so I'm getting Foreign Currency Fees as well. I have been refunded for these ones too as I was notified of during my report they'd deal with those as the come. I'll be vigilante to see if it continues after my new card arrives but it shouldn't as I haven't received that yet thus haven't set anything up.
I'm hoping it isn't but I'm wondering if it was to do with my PlayAsia order, which I did receive recently in perfect condition yet I paid for it when I ordered which was in '21 yet no issues since then to the 7th May '23, nor the time I ordered from there before for my PS4 Gintama Rumble game. Strangely my figurine was sent from the Netherlands, which was not what I was expecting but thought that might be where the Europe orders were sent to first to be shipped out from there. I could be thinking too much, but just in case I won't order from PlayAsia anymore to be safe. Also doubt I have been hacked as everything else is normal and would expect tons of orders from Amazon or something like that to occur if that indeed was the case. Again will be vigilante, especially when I pay for things.

I'm also now ill so I've had a fun day at work dealing with it, so far it's minor but could get worse. Eh, at the moment though I should be fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : I have been refunded for each instance so far, I was expecting more of the same for the following two days as the first batch were for the 8th and 9th of May, some more 9th transactions happened after I reported on Wednesday so expecting some 10th's to come through, all except one being NIKE Gift Cards spent as Euro's so I'm getting Foreign Currency Fees as well. I have been refunded for these ones too as I was notified of during my report they'd deal with those as the come. I'll be vigilante to see if it continues after my new card arrives but it shouldn't as I haven't received that yet thus haven't set anything up.
I'm hoping it isn't but I'm wondering if it was to do with my PlayAsia order, which I did receive recently in perfect condition yet I paid for it when I ordered which was in '21 yet no issues since then to the 7th May '23, nor the time I ordered from there before for my PS4 Gintama Rumble game. Strangely my figurine was sent from the Netherlands, which was not what I was expecting but thought that might be where the Europe orders were sent to first to be shipped out from there. I could be thinking too much, but just in case I won't order from PlayAsia anymore to be safe. Also doubt I have been hacked as everything else is normal and would expect tons of orders from Amazon or something like that to occur if that indeed was the case. Again will be vigilante, especially when I pay for things.

I'm also now ill so I've had a fun day at work dealing with it, so far it's minor but could get worse. Eh, at the moment though I should be fine.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doubtful it's PlayAsia because if your card details were leaked via it, that would be a huge security breach that they would have to inform customers about. At least your bank is refunding all the transactions though. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doubtful it's PlayAsia because if your card details were leaked via it, that would be a huge security breach that they would have to inform customers about. At least your bank is refunding all the transactions though. Smile
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Not the best... having a bank holiday on the Monday was nice, but I got awfully stressed on the Thursday and Friday. Not due to any one big thing, but a load of small things piling up.

Fortunately, that's cleared now - and next week I'm going to see my girlfriend, so hopefully that will be much better Grin !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Not the best... having a bank holiday on the Monday was nice, but I got awfully stressed on the Thursday and Friday. Not due to any one big thing, but a load of small things piling up.

Fortunately, that's cleared now - and next week I'm going to see my girlfriend, so hopefully that will be much better Grin !
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Was in terrible pain Saturday night thanks to my right ear, if felt blocked and tried clearing it unsuccessfully, then the pain came. It ran out liquid a few times from the drops I put in then eventually bled which I found out yesterday morning. Still slightly bleeding, will see someone about this.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Was in terrible pain Saturday night thanks to my right ear, if felt blocked and tried clearing it unsuccessfully, then the pain came. It ran out liquid a few times from the drops I put in then eventually bled which I found out yesterday morning. Still slightly bleeding, will see someone about this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,971 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,304 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,330 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,014 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface