Cyberpunk 2077
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You'd think in theory that publishers get the last say in how the game will release, so it's shocking to think they'd get past approval in any sort of state like what we're seeing here with Cyberpunk if that's the case. Like some kind of QA done on the publisher end, not the dev end.

Who knows though, this just really needs to get deep into the heads of the main honchos at CDPR to do better. It sucks that not only do they let down consumers, but they let down their own employees that have to slave away making something that turns out this way. Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You'd think in theory that publishers get the last say in how the game will release, so it's shocking to think they'd get past approval in any sort of state like what we're seeing here with Cyberpunk if that's the case. Like some kind of QA done on the publisher end, not the dev end.

Who knows though, this just really needs to get deep into the heads of the main honchos at CDPR to do better. It sucks that not only do they let down consumers, but they let down their own employees that have to slave away making something that turns out this way. Sad
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Wasn't Cyberpunk published by CDPR themselves, though? As far as I know, Sony/Microsoft don't do any testing for third-party games on their systems, since that's not their responsibility. They just offer up a place to sell the game, and take their share of the cut from profits, I'm sure.

I just looked it up to be sure, and yes, CDPR are the ones who published the game. So all the failings of this game are 110% on them and no one else. To add on to your point about the employees who slaved away making the game, and had to do a lot of crunch after the multiple delays to have it "ready" for release, are going to be forced to do more and more crunch to push out patches to fix the shit show.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Wasn't Cyberpunk published by CDPR themselves, though? As far as I know, Sony/Microsoft don't do any testing for third-party games on their systems, since that's not their responsibility. They just offer up a place to sell the game, and take their share of the cut from profits, I'm sure.

I just looked it up to be sure, and yes, CDPR are the ones who published the game. So all the failings of this game are 110% on them and no one else. To add on to your point about the employees who slaved away making the game, and had to do a lot of crunch after the multiple delays to have it "ready" for release, are going to be forced to do more and more crunch to push out patches to fix the shit show.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Man, you're right. They're also working on getting PS5/XBX pushed out as well, right? Do those even have dates yet? Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Man, you're right. They're also working on getting PS5/XBX pushed out as well, right? Do those even have dates yet? Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I... don't know about any dates for the new gen versions, but man, I don't care how much more powerful the PS5 is compared to the PS4, if they don't do some drastic fixing in that game, it's not going to matter. Sure, the framerate will run higher and NPC's faces won't have N64-level textures for the first two minutes of loading in, but the bugs and glitches that really destroy the game will still be there.

There's also the fact that I've seen a lot of people with some pretty good PCs have trouble running the game, so there's no guarantee the PS5/Series X is going to be the savior for the console players they hope it will be. I just hope for the sake of the people who continue to hold out hope on this game that CDPR actually sees fixing this game all the way through to the end, and not just for a couple of years before saying "Fuck it, we're sick of this. You get what you get." like Bethesda did with Skyrim.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I... don't know about any dates for the new gen versions, but man, I don't care how much more powerful the PS5 is compared to the PS4, if they don't do some drastic fixing in that game, it's not going to matter. Sure, the framerate will run higher and NPC's faces won't have N64-level textures for the first two minutes of loading in, but the bugs and glitches that really destroy the game will still be there.

There's also the fact that I've seen a lot of people with some pretty good PCs have trouble running the game, so there's no guarantee the PS5/Series X is going to be the savior for the console players they hope it will be. I just hope for the sake of the people who continue to hold out hope on this game that CDPR actually sees fixing this game all the way through to the end, and not just for a couple of years before saying "Fuck it, we're sick of this. You get what you get." like Bethesda did with Skyrim.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well, next-gen versions are irrelevant now, because Sony delisted the game last night:

This doesn't seem to be over the state of the game either, because other bad games have released that promised the moon and presented a rock and they didn't get this treatment. I think it's more to do with CDPR stating that Sony and Microsoft will offer refunds without either company actually having been talked to about it first, and most players will fall outside of the requirements for a refund, but if either company refuses then they look bad when the fault really lies with CDPR. I feel bad for the developers, but I don't feel bad for the people in charge who blatantly pushed this shit out the door for the sake of money.

Still, can't say the game isn't groundbreaking when it's the only AAA game to ever be delisted from a store by the store owners a week after launch because of how poorly they've managed this entire project. It serves the people at the top of CDPR right. Oh, and also they're not offering cash refunds on GOG and only credit, so it's pretty hypocritical of them to expect Sony and Microsoft to offer actual refunds and then not even do it themselves.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well, next-gen versions are irrelevant now, because Sony delisted the game last night:

This doesn't seem to be over the state of the game either, because other bad games have released that promised the moon and presented a rock and they didn't get this treatment. I think it's more to do with CDPR stating that Sony and Microsoft will offer refunds without either company actually having been talked to about it first, and most players will fall outside of the requirements for a refund, but if either company refuses then they look bad when the fault really lies with CDPR. I feel bad for the developers, but I don't feel bad for the people in charge who blatantly pushed this shit out the door for the sake of money.

Still, can't say the game isn't groundbreaking when it's the only AAA game to ever be delisted from a store by the store owners a week after launch because of how poorly they've managed this entire project. It serves the people at the top of CDPR right. Oh, and also they're not offering cash refunds on GOG and only credit, so it's pretty hypocritical of them to expect Sony and Microsoft to offer actual refunds and then not even do it themselves.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
As Billy Mays would have once said, "But wait! There's more!"

Quote:It's been more than 3 hours since CD Projekt said or did something that added fuel to the fire that has been Cyberpunk 2077's launch, so we're more than overdue for more insanity. For those that won't be refunding their copy, you might want to be aware of the latest issue with the game. Apparently, if your Cyberpunk 2077 save file surpasses 8MB in size, the file will corrupt, and you'll be unable to recover it. GOG has posted a troubleshooting page about the issue, informing players that the problem stems from players who have too many crafting materials and items in their inventory, or from using a known item-duplication glitch. In the future, CD Projekt Red "might" increase the save file size limit, but even if they do, anyone who has a save currently over 8MB will have lost it for good: they will remain corrupted even after the hypothetical patch. This 8MB limit applies to all platforms.

That's right folks. Having too many items in your inventory can cause your save file to become corrupt and CDPR will MAYBE fix it in the future if they feel like it! 

And it affects ALL versions of the game!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
As Billy Mays would have once said, "But wait! There's more!"

Quote:It's been more than 3 hours since CD Projekt said or did something that added fuel to the fire that has been Cyberpunk 2077's launch, so we're more than overdue for more insanity. For those that won't be refunding their copy, you might want to be aware of the latest issue with the game. Apparently, if your Cyberpunk 2077 save file surpasses 8MB in size, the file will corrupt, and you'll be unable to recover it. GOG has posted a troubleshooting page about the issue, informing players that the problem stems from players who have too many crafting materials and items in their inventory, or from using a known item-duplication glitch. In the future, CD Projekt Red "might" increase the save file size limit, but even if they do, anyone who has a save currently over 8MB will have lost it for good: they will remain corrupted even after the hypothetical patch. This 8MB limit applies to all platforms.

That's right folks. Having too many items in your inventory can cause your save file to become corrupt and CDPR will MAYBE fix it in the future if they feel like it! 

And it affects ALL versions of the game!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard it also happens just from picking up stuff in the world but not necessarily keeping it, but I haven't seen enough to tell how true that really is.

Either way, having a save face the chance of corruption for being bigger than the storage of a PS2 memory card and to a) not catch that being an issue during Q&A and b) not even guaranteeing to fix it, doesn't seem to have much room for overlooking this one.

Given it seems to have less issues on PC than console, I think the best thing to have done other than a full delay would've been to just delay the console versions. It's very clear they weren't ready given how they were withheld from reviewers.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard it also happens just from picking up stuff in the world but not necessarily keeping it, but I haven't seen enough to tell how true that really is.

Either way, having a save face the chance of corruption for being bigger than the storage of a PS2 memory card and to a) not catch that being an issue during Q&A and b) not even guaranteeing to fix it, doesn't seem to have much room for overlooking this one.

Given it seems to have less issues on PC than console, I think the best thing to have done other than a full delay would've been to just delay the console versions. It's very clear they weren't ready given how they were withheld from reviewers.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I find it hilarious that they don't seem to care about the issue at all, despite the fact that it's literally punishing players for playing the game. I've seen screenshots of people who played the game for 1-2 hours already have 3-4+ MB in save memory. Like holy crap guys, are you actually trying your best to make people not want to play your game?

In other hilarious news, as I told Moon on Discord, a moderator on CDPR's community forums went as far to say that the save file corruption is the player's fault for playing the game too much. Now, the moderator may not be staff at CDPR, but it still looks pretty bad considering CDPR chose them moderate their forums. Literally excusing their terrible development and blaming it on the player's who get screwed by it, lmao.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I find it hilarious that they don't seem to care about the issue at all, despite the fact that it's literally punishing players for playing the game. I've seen screenshots of people who played the game for 1-2 hours already have 3-4+ MB in save memory. Like holy crap guys, are you actually trying your best to make people not want to play your game?

In other hilarious news, as I told Moon on Discord, a moderator on CDPR's community forums went as far to say that the save file corruption is the player's fault for playing the game too much. Now, the moderator may not be staff at CDPR, but it still looks pretty bad considering CDPR chose them moderate their forums. Literally excusing their terrible development and blaming it on the player's who get screwed by it, lmao.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seems the developers are very unhappy with how things have been handled by upper management:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seems the developers are very unhappy with how things have been handled by upper management:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, it really is all just crashing down for CDPR. I just hope this is a case of the developers who worked on the game actually being mad at upper management, and not a case of "Oh shit! We better appear to be angry too so we don't look bad with them!"

Either way, CDPR's reputation has gone down the shitter and it's going to be very hard for them to earn it back. They might even be lower than companies like Bethesda now in terms of quality (pending on whether or not Microsoft's purchase of the company improves their quality via higher expectations).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, it really is all just crashing down for CDPR. I just hope this is a case of the developers who worked on the game actually being mad at upper management, and not a case of "Oh shit! We better appear to be angry too so we don't look bad with them!"

Either way, CDPR's reputation has gone down the shitter and it's going to be very hard for them to earn it back. They might even be lower than companies like Bethesda now in terms of quality (pending on whether or not Microsoft's purchase of the company improves their quality via higher expectations).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect they're genuinely annoyed. There hasn't exactly been good things coming out about their working conditions while this game was still being made, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were telling upper management the game had problems and weren't listened to. For example the developers were blindsided by the last delay, yet I'd assume they knew the game wasn't ready and so had probably busted ass to do what they could before a deadline that the higher ups were insistent upon, only to have plans change in 24 hours.

I thought Anthem had a crazy story behind everything that went wrong but I can't even imagine the true stories behind this games development.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect they're genuinely annoyed. There hasn't exactly been good things coming out about their working conditions while this game was still being made, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were telling upper management the game had problems and weren't listened to. For example the developers were blindsided by the last delay, yet I'd assume they knew the game wasn't ready and so had probably busted ass to do what they could before a deadline that the higher ups were insistent upon, only to have plans change in 24 hours.

I thought Anthem had a crazy story behind everything that went wrong but I can't even imagine the true stories behind this games development.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Is it safe to say that CDPR management is approaching Naughty Dog levels of scumbaggery? You wouldn't think there'd be another company out there that could actually accomplish that sort of image, but alas, here we are. I'm definitely wondering what Bethesda is thinking right now seeing gamers being sick of this crap and really smashing Cyberpunk to pieces over it. They won't get away with a situation like Skyrim again, I don't think.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Is it safe to say that CDPR management is approaching Naughty Dog levels of scumbaggery? You wouldn't think there'd be another company out there that could actually accomplish that sort of image, but alas, here we are. I'm definitely wondering what Bethesda is thinking right now seeing gamers being sick of this crap and really smashing Cyberpunk to pieces over it. They won't get away with a situation like Skyrim again, I don't think.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd say it sounds worse than ND. Their main problem was crunch, rather than misleading people or blindsiding their developers.

Seeing the game running on a decent PC shows the game has potential and was just marred by ridiculous choices by the higher ups. The ability to make what was envisioned is just brought down by a poor management which hurts everyone but the management, or at least hurts them the least. Fortunately if the issues with the higher ups are dealt with then the rest of the studio can go back to doing well, since it's not the entire thing that's problematic, just certain people.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd say it sounds worse than ND. Their main problem was crunch, rather than misleading people or blindsiding their developers.

Seeing the game running on a decent PC shows the game has potential and was just marred by ridiculous choices by the higher ups. The ability to make what was envisioned is just brought down by a poor management which hurts everyone but the management, or at least hurts them the least. Fortunately if the issues with the higher ups are dealt with then the rest of the studio can go back to doing well, since it's not the entire thing that's problematic, just certain people.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Has anyone played this recently? It seems to have been updated to a stable point and it honestly isn't too bad.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Has anyone played this recently? It seems to have been updated to a stable point and it honestly isn't too bad.