Cyberpunk 2077
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I never had any interest in the game to begin with. The extreme overhyping and the white knights crusading against anyone who dare say anything remotely negative about the game just makes me glad that I never get baited by these type of games that promise the moon and the stars and end up giving you a flaming bag of dog poop on your porch.

The fact that so much hype for this game has died over the last month is probably a good thing for the game. People will go into it with more grounded expectations and when the game ends up being sub-par, the backlash against it will be much less. My expectation is that "review" sites will get on their knees for the game, as they do most other highly anticipated games and give it a 9/10 or 10/10 (pending on how much they get paid to over-praise the game), while user reviews will likely set in the 5/10 to 7/10 range.

This game is probably going to be a prime example of more options not always being the best thing, and I can see people getting tired of it pretty fast, except for the diehard blind fanboys that won't be able to bring themselves to admit that the game isn't the 100/10 grand masterpiece that they need it for whatever reason.

I may eventually give it a try myself, but this is definitely one of those wait until it's on sale for $10-$20 kind of games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I never had any interest in the game to begin with. The extreme overhyping and the white knights crusading against anyone who dare say anything remotely negative about the game just makes me glad that I never get baited by these type of games that promise the moon and the stars and end up giving you a flaming bag of dog poop on your porch.

The fact that so much hype for this game has died over the last month is probably a good thing for the game. People will go into it with more grounded expectations and when the game ends up being sub-par, the backlash against it will be much less. My expectation is that "review" sites will get on their knees for the game, as they do most other highly anticipated games and give it a 9/10 or 10/10 (pending on how much they get paid to over-praise the game), while user reviews will likely set in the 5/10 to 7/10 range.

This game is probably going to be a prime example of more options not always being the best thing, and I can see people getting tired of it pretty fast, except for the diehard blind fanboys that won't be able to bring themselves to admit that the game isn't the 100/10 grand masterpiece that they need it for whatever reason.

I may eventually give it a try myself, but this is definitely one of those wait until it's on sale for $10-$20 kind of games.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I think it's interesting that this game has promised the moon and the stars to you, I wish they had done the same for me, heh. Would be quite flattering.

I mean, I guess you can find the negativity anywhere if you look for it - every fanbase has it in my opinion. In the end, it's just a game and people are excited for it, that's all. I tend not to put any stock into silly internet wars made up of people with arguments that lack any substance.

Anyway, I am of course cautiously optimistic about the game. It's had some issues in development but from what I read, it's mostly issues with the previous gen versions that are causing them trouble. In the end, if the game isn't good, well, it isn't good. But if it's great, well, I'm not letting anyone influence my opinion based on the perception of its fanbase either. Smile Then again, I'm someone who usually refuses to watch game trailers or reviews before I try a game out (unless the dev has an awful or unproven track record).
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I think it's interesting that this game has promised the moon and the stars to you, I wish they had done the same for me, heh. Would be quite flattering.

I mean, I guess you can find the negativity anywhere if you look for it - every fanbase has it in my opinion. In the end, it's just a game and people are excited for it, that's all. I tend not to put any stock into silly internet wars made up of people with arguments that lack any substance.

Anyway, I am of course cautiously optimistic about the game. It's had some issues in development but from what I read, it's mostly issues with the previous gen versions that are causing them trouble. In the end, if the game isn't good, well, it isn't good. But if it's great, well, I'm not letting anyone influence my opinion based on the perception of its fanbase either. Smile Then again, I'm someone who usually refuses to watch game trailers or reviews before I try a game out (unless the dev has an awful or unproven track record).
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
CP2077 has been my second most anticipated game of the year behind The Last of Us II and I'll be getting it for Christmas for sure. If not as a gift, just for myself.
WR91 Offline
Casual
CP2077 has been my second most anticipated game of the year behind The Last of Us II and I'll be getting it for Christmas for sure. If not as a gift, just for myself.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Nov 21st, 2020, 02:11 AM)Eric Wrote:
I think it's interesting that this game has promised the moon and the stars to you, I wish they had done the same for me, heh.  Would be quite flattering

The game hasn't promised me anything, because quite frankly I don't give two shits about the game, but if you look anywhere online, you'll see people talking about this game as if it's the second coming. I personally don't have any plans to play this game unless I can get it for next to nothing, because I know this game is going to end up the same as games like Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Final Fantasy XV, The Witcher 3 and other such highly anticipated games that came out the last decade. They generate a ton of hype, sell off of that hype, but in the end they turn out to be mediocre at their absolute best.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Nov 21st, 2020, 02:11 AM)Eric Wrote:
I think it's interesting that this game has promised the moon and the stars to you, I wish they had done the same for me, heh.  Would be quite flattering

The game hasn't promised me anything, because quite frankly I don't give two shits about the game, but if you look anywhere online, you'll see people talking about this game as if it's the second coming. I personally don't have any plans to play this game unless I can get it for next to nothing, because I know this game is going to end up the same as games like Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Final Fantasy XV, The Witcher 3 and other such highly anticipated games that came out the last decade. They generate a ton of hype, sell off of that hype, but in the end they turn out to be mediocre at their absolute best.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I don't feel the game has been hyped up massively by the developers. It seems to be more the fans or media doing it to the point that it's hard for me to read about the game without wondering how much of what I'm reading is just hype. I don't know if anyone else has seen this but an article is making the rounds on various outlets stating that a developer for this game has 175 hours so far and isn't even going for 100% and isn't close to done. Yet that developer is actually the QA lead who is on purposely taking their time because their entire job is to check every single inch of that game for problems, but that little fact is being either left out or pushed aside in favour of fluffing up the game.

I don't expect the game to be bad, but it's hard to tell truly how good it is supposed to be when you can't get a clear picture of what it's aiming for due to the pedestal people keep putting it onto. I can see it ending up like a TLoU2 situation where people either adore it or hate it because of the expectations they personally set themselves and then it's going to be hard to tell which side is genuine and even harder to figure out where the middle ground actually lies because it gets drowned out by the clear cut sides.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I don't feel the game has been hyped up massively by the developers. It seems to be more the fans or media doing it to the point that it's hard for me to read about the game without wondering how much of what I'm reading is just hype. I don't know if anyone else has seen this but an article is making the rounds on various outlets stating that a developer for this game has 175 hours so far and isn't even going for 100% and isn't close to done. Yet that developer is actually the QA lead who is on purposely taking their time because their entire job is to check every single inch of that game for problems, but that little fact is being either left out or pushed aside in favour of fluffing up the game.

I don't expect the game to be bad, but it's hard to tell truly how good it is supposed to be when you can't get a clear picture of what it's aiming for due to the pedestal people keep putting it onto. I can see it ending up like a TLoU2 situation where people either adore it or hate it because of the expectations they personally set themselves and then it's going to be hard to tell which side is genuine and even harder to figure out where the middle ground actually lies because it gets drowned out by the clear cut sides.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What's hilarious impo is that the whole game for Cyberpunk 2077 has leaked online already. XD So people are being spoiled for what happens in the game long before it was available to purchase.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What's hilarious impo is that the whole game for Cyberpunk 2077 has leaked online already. XD So people are being spoiled for what happens in the game long before it was available to purchase.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Digital Foundry pretty much said this game should not have released on PS4 and XBO, and given what I've seen of the game so far, I'm on the fence as to whether the game should've just been delayed entirely for another year or something. To think of the amount of crunch that was going into this game and the last delay being to make it run better on PS4 and XBO only for it to release in the state it has is insulting to the buyers and the developers. I say the developers because they had to kill themselves to get this game out and still couldn't get it right because whoever made the publishing and marketing calls couldn't reel themselves in and stop plugging the game way before it was remotely ready.

The game could end up being absolutely amazing when it gets fixed up but if I intend to get it at any point it won't be until a) that happens and b) it goes onto a massive sale. I'm not paying $60 for what CDPR thought was acceptable to put out no matter how good the core of the game actually is beneath the mess it sits in right now.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Digital Foundry pretty much said this game should not have released on PS4 and XBO, and given what I've seen of the game so far, I'm on the fence as to whether the game should've just been delayed entirely for another year or something. To think of the amount of crunch that was going into this game and the last delay being to make it run better on PS4 and XBO only for it to release in the state it has is insulting to the buyers and the developers. I say the developers because they had to kill themselves to get this game out and still couldn't get it right because whoever made the publishing and marketing calls couldn't reel themselves in and stop plugging the game way before it was remotely ready.

The game could end up being absolutely amazing when it gets fixed up but if I intend to get it at any point it won't be until a) that happens and b) it goes onto a massive sale. I'm not paying $60 for what CDPR thought was acceptable to put out no matter how good the core of the game actually is beneath the mess it sits in right now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's hilarious seeing all of the issues this game is having. Not only on the base PS4 and XBone, but people are running into major performance issues even on their PCs. Not just lower end ones either. This game is so poorly optimized in every aspect unless you're running it on a top-tier beastly PC. It's inexcusable after how many times they delayed the game to improve performance.

I watched a few people play the game and honestly, the gameplay looks boring as shit. I've read that it's CDPR's first time doing a first-person shooter, so maybe that has something to do with it, but even with that in mind, it looks pretty bad.

Apparently the game's economy is horrible as well. Cars are insanely expensive compared to the rate you can make money. If we wanted the feeling of looking at cars that are far beyond our reasonable income limits, we'd just go to a dealership in real life and look at them. It does suck playing a game and realizing that you're going to need to spend 30 hours getting money to buy something in the game that should be fun.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's hilarious seeing all of the issues this game is having. Not only on the base PS4 and XBone, but people are running into major performance issues even on their PCs. Not just lower end ones either. This game is so poorly optimized in every aspect unless you're running it on a top-tier beastly PC. It's inexcusable after how many times they delayed the game to improve performance.

I watched a few people play the game and honestly, the gameplay looks boring as shit. I've read that it's CDPR's first time doing a first-person shooter, so maybe that has something to do with it, but even with that in mind, it looks pretty bad.

Apparently the game's economy is horrible as well. Cars are insanely expensive compared to the rate you can make money. If we wanted the feeling of looking at cars that are far beyond our reasonable income limits, we'd just go to a dealership in real life and look at them. It does suck playing a game and realizing that you're going to need to spend 30 hours getting money to buy something in the game that should be fun.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope what you say about the economy isn't as bad as it sounds and there's just a way to make money that hasn't been found yet. I hated the grind for money in GTA Online, and definitely don't want to see that turn up in single player games. >.<

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope what you say about the economy isn't as bad as it sounds and there's just a way to make money that hasn't been found yet. I hated the grind for money in GTA Online, and definitely don't want to see that turn up in single player games. >.<
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Honestly, they probably should have spent less time caring about having boobs and dicks in the game, and having a penis size selector, and spent more time actually making sure the game was properly optimized.

It's kind of sad when you hear more about "hahahaha big dong" or "oh mah gawd BOOBIES!" than you hear about the actual gameplay and shit.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Honestly, they probably should have spent less time caring about having boobs and dicks in the game, and having a penis size selector, and spent more time actually making sure the game was properly optimized.

It's kind of sad when you hear more about "hahahaha big dong" or "oh mah gawd BOOBIES!" than you hear about the actual gameplay and shit.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I just ordered it today (Dec. 11th) from Walmart.com at 50 dollars. So yeah, it's already on "sale".

I hope to play it for Christmas.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I just ordered it today (Dec. 11th) from Walmart.com at 50 dollars. So yeah, it's already on "sale".

I hope to play it for Christmas.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, the backlash for how the game runs on PS4 and XBO has resulted in this response from CDPR:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, the backlash for how the game runs on PS4 and XBO has resulted in this response from CDPR:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I saw this last night, and all I have to say about it is: Good.

They never show the PS4/Xbox One versions before release, and then release them in an absolute, and for some, unplayable mess. They should be ashamed for how much of a scumbag move they pulled with that. I have to wonder if Sony and Microsoft aren't behind this somewhat themselves. They delayed the game several times to "improve performance on PS4 and Xbox One", yet the game still released in this state. If the game is this god awful now, what the hell was it like back at the start of the year? Yeesh.

I also find it hilarious that a lot of their fanboys are defending them by saying, "Well, Witcher 3 also released in an absolute mess, but after they took months and months to fix it, it was okay!" I realize a lot of them needed Cyberpunk to be the best game to ever be created (since they spent years telling everyone else it was going to be), but man, stop defending that crap. It's almost as bad as Bethesda fans defending them for not fixing their games and instead leaving it up to the modding community to do it.

Hopefully CDPR has to hand out a staggering amount of refunds that hit them hard. Maybe then they'll learn a lesson.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I saw this last night, and all I have to say about it is: Good.

They never show the PS4/Xbox One versions before release, and then release them in an absolute, and for some, unplayable mess. They should be ashamed for how much of a scumbag move they pulled with that. I have to wonder if Sony and Microsoft aren't behind this somewhat themselves. They delayed the game several times to "improve performance on PS4 and Xbox One", yet the game still released in this state. If the game is this god awful now, what the hell was it like back at the start of the year? Yeesh.

I also find it hilarious that a lot of their fanboys are defending them by saying, "Well, Witcher 3 also released in an absolute mess, but after they took months and months to fix it, it was okay!" I realize a lot of them needed Cyberpunk to be the best game to ever be created (since they spent years telling everyone else it was going to be), but man, stop defending that crap. It's almost as bad as Bethesda fans defending them for not fixing their games and instead leaving it up to the modding community to do it.

Hopefully CDPR has to hand out a staggering amount of refunds that hit them hard. Maybe then they'll learn a lesson.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't see what Sony and Microsoft have to gain by the state of the game being kept secret. I doubt the game would have caused a notable spike in console sales at the end of the generation.

However, for whatever reason, neither company will give refunds despite the statement from CDPR. So I guess they must get something from the sales themselves, because any sold consoles aren't going to be eligible for a refund by them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't see what Sony and Microsoft have to gain by the state of the game being kept secret. I doubt the game would have caused a notable spike in console sales at the end of the generation.

However, for whatever reason, neither company will give refunds despite the statement from CDPR. So I guess they must get something from the sales themselves, because any sold consoles aren't going to be eligible for a refund by them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, I don't mean Sony and Microsoft trying to keep the state of the game secret. I mean Sony and Microsoft going after CDPR and telling them they either have to refund people on their systems, or they'll take legal action/disallow Cyberpunk to be on their systems. Sony never gives out refunds for digital purchases, so the fact that they are willing to now, makes me believe that Sony is tagging CDPR for the cost of the refund instead of actually doing the refund themselves (or doing the refund themselves and then making CDPR reimburse then for it).

Obviously I don't know if that's the case, but it'd be really nice if companies like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo started to hold developers like Bethesda and CDPR more accountable for the state they release their games in.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, I don't mean Sony and Microsoft trying to keep the state of the game secret. I mean Sony and Microsoft going after CDPR and telling them they either have to refund people on their systems, or they'll take legal action/disallow Cyberpunk to be on their systems. Sony never gives out refunds for digital purchases, so the fact that they are willing to now, makes me believe that Sony is tagging CDPR for the cost of the refund instead of actually doing the refund themselves (or doing the refund themselves and then making CDPR reimburse then for it).

Obviously I don't know if that's the case, but it'd be really nice if companies like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo started to hold developers like Bethesda and CDPR more accountable for the state they release their games in.