Where in Games Would You Go on a Date?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Valentine's is just around the corner, and although love can be an elusive beast, I'm sure we've all at some point seen an area in a game and thought "Well that's rather lovely". So with that in mind, what games and in what locations would you want to take someone on a date or be taken on a date yourself? Would you hang out at one location, or would you have various activities in mind to do across the game?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Valentine's is just around the corner, and although love can be an elusive beast, I'm sure we've all at some point seen an area in a game and thought "Well that's rather lovely". So with that in mind, what games and in what locations would you want to take someone on a date or be taken on a date yourself? Would you hang out at one location, or would you have various activities in mind to do across the game?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My initial thought is it sounds incredibly dangerous to exist in a video game world because most reasons they exist is to provide some kind of volitile setting for the protag to fix.

That being said, some of the more neutral worlds I'd love to hang in would be Stardew Valley, just for how pretty and chill it is with everyone there.
Some of the Pokemon regions are super cool, too. Sinnoh has one of the more gorgeous settings, with areas of dense forestry to open serene lakes near the mountain side.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My initial thought is it sounds incredibly dangerous to exist in a video game world because most reasons they exist is to provide some kind of volitile setting for the protag to fix.

That being said, some of the more neutral worlds I'd love to hang in would be Stardew Valley, just for how pretty and chill it is with everyone there.
Some of the Pokemon regions are super cool, too. Sinnoh has one of the more gorgeous settings, with areas of dense forestry to open serene lakes near the mountain side.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I feel like when it comes to dating in the video game world the truly perfect place for a romantic candle lit dinner for three is obviously hell! are probably places like Nikki said the Pokemon World, Stardew Valley, probably some Final Fantasy locations, and non hellish places.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I feel like when it comes to dating in the video game world the truly perfect place for a romantic candle lit dinner for three is obviously hell! are probably places like Nikki said the Pokemon World, Stardew Valley, probably some Final Fantasy locations, and non hellish places.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well you wouldn't necessarily have the enemies in the world, since it's more about locations on a visual level. Like say some real life war zone has a very nice beach you might still think it'd be nice to go there if you view the beach as its own thing without a war going on. XD

I think the Seaside Kingdom in Mario Odyssey would be really nice to go to for a beach date. Especially when it's in that sunset state.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well you wouldn't necessarily have the enemies in the world, since it's more about locations on a visual level. Like say some real life war zone has a very nice beach you might still think it'd be nice to go there if you view the beach as its own thing without a war going on. XD

I think the Seaside Kingdom in Mario Odyssey would be really nice to go to for a beach date. Especially when it's in that sunset state.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Personally I always look forward to a romantic candle lit picnic on the graves of all the victims of WW1 really sets the mood. I am sorry my mind is in a very silly place this morning.

But like I do wonder how many of these places would be like that it might be visually interesting, but depending on what happened there I feel like it could kill the mood.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Personally I always look forward to a romantic candle lit picnic on the graves of all the victims of WW1 really sets the mood. I am sorry my mind is in a very silly place this morning.

But like I do wonder how many of these places would be like that it might be visually interesting, but depending on what happened there I feel like it could kill the mood.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2021, 04:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:
If the event is tied to that exact place then yeah. Like if something as heinous as the Holocaust happened on a beach I wouldn't expect people to view it as a nice date location because the beach looks nice. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2021, 04:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:
If the event is tied to that exact place then yeah. Like if something as heinous as the Holocaust happened on a beach I wouldn't expect people to view it as a nice date location because the beach looks nice. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I bet like if a place was built somewhere nearby they probably don't mention it very often to avoid chasing away customers. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I bet like if a place was built somewhere nearby they probably don't mention it very often to avoid chasing away customers. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Probably. It'd be like having a trip to Mars but leaving out the fact that a portal to Hell existed on it centuries ago during the timeline of the Doom games. Tongue

Another neat place to go for a date in a game would be somewhere that has a lot of mini games like Dragon Shores in Spyro 2. You'd have plenty of fun things to do together. ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Probably. It'd be like having a trip to Mars but leaving out the fact that a portal to Hell existed on it centuries ago during the timeline of the Doom games. Tongue

Another neat place to go for a date in a game would be somewhere that has a lot of mini games like Dragon Shores in Spyro 2. You'd have plenty of fun things to do together. ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,103 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 567 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 88 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 722 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 298 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng