Operation Darkness [Xbox 360] - This time, with sound!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, this is going to be a thing I do, I guess, so why not start by revisiting another game I reviewed way back when. If you are checking the topic the moment I post it, the video is in the process of uploading as I type this, so come back tomorrow and it should be all good to go. Otherwise, if you are in the future reading this, hope you enjoy. This one is only available as a single long video, because I didn't feel like making bumpers and the like and I was already WAY behind on my deadlines to begin with.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, this is going to be a thing I do, I guess, so why not start by revisiting another game I reviewed way back when. If you are checking the topic the moment I post it, the video is in the process of uploading as I type this, so come back tomorrow and it should be all good to go. Otherwise, if you are in the future reading this, hope you enjoy. This one is only available as a single long video, because I didn't feel like making bumpers and the like and I was already WAY behind on my deadlines to begin with.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Watched the other night, the rest this morning. A good sum up at the end because dang this game looked very frustrating at times, and with no actual cover system to boot pretty much making almost all the missions a pain to do I assume. Yet turning WWII into a crazy fest of werewolves, vampires, magic, skeletons, reinforcements *cough* and many more looked to be the more interesting side to the game. Wait scratch the reinforcement part...

Was The Longest Day the only mission you had to restart the game completely? Plus you really had to have an old back up save of hours/missions way before that "stealth" mission? Damn you could really mess up. Don't know if I'd have the patience to play the game, but glad I got to see it through this.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Watched the other night, the rest this morning. A good sum up at the end because dang this game looked very frustrating at times, and with no actual cover system to boot pretty much making almost all the missions a pain to do I assume. Yet turning WWII into a crazy fest of werewolves, vampires, magic, skeletons, reinforcements *cough* and many more looked to be the more interesting side to the game. Wait scratch the reinforcement part...

Was The Longest Day the only mission you had to restart the game completely? Plus you really had to have an old back up save of hours/missions way before that "stealth" mission? Damn you could really mess up. Don't know if I'd have the patience to play the game, but glad I got to see it through this.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
The Longest Day was the only mission I completely restarted the game on. Sadly, it was unnecessary, as I later gave up on audio sync as my recordings would routinely wander out of sync no matter what I did. It's an issue only noticable on reviewing; the actual game in OBS plays fine, audio sync and all. But, it let me put in a great joke, so all's well I suppose.

I actually tried to keep a save for the ten missions previous to my current one (ten being the max number of saves the game allows on a device), in case I ran into another issue like that. It helped when I had audio drop outs (when I noticed them) and the like.

Playing it is actually really weird, tbh: I don't mention it in the rant, but Operation Darkness is the only game I can think of that is difficult for both the right and wrong reasons. I would never go so far as to say it's broken, but it is quite frustrating at times.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
The Longest Day was the only mission I completely restarted the game on. Sadly, it was unnecessary, as I later gave up on audio sync as my recordings would routinely wander out of sync no matter what I did. It's an issue only noticable on reviewing; the actual game in OBS plays fine, audio sync and all. But, it let me put in a great joke, so all's well I suppose.

I actually tried to keep a save for the ten missions previous to my current one (ten being the max number of saves the game allows on a device), in case I ran into another issue like that. It helped when I had audio drop outs (when I noticed them) and the like.

Playing it is actually really weird, tbh: I don't mention it in the rant, but Operation Darkness is the only game I can think of that is difficult for both the right and wrong reasons. I would never go so far as to say it's broken, but it is quite frustrating at times.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antstream Arcade for Xbox Review Frank 0 260 Oct 10th, 2023, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Frank
  The Callisto Protocol Xbox Series X Review Frank 2 724 Apr 22nd, 2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Frank
  Review: Dead Space [Xbox 360] Maniakkid25 0 2,653 Jun 7th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25