Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Only multiplayer games for the Switch I own are: Pokemon Sword/Shield (I own both), Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Mario Maker 2, & Luigi's Mansion 3. I feel I have more multiplayer games for pc then the Switch if I'm being honest. xD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Only multiplayer games for the Switch I own are: Pokemon Sword/Shield (I own both), Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Mario Maker 2, & Luigi's Mansion 3. I feel I have more multiplayer games for pc then the Switch if I'm being honest. xD
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(May 5th, 2021, 03:28 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
So I actually got to try out the demo about a week or so ago. I'm unsure if I was just thick or something but the combat wasn't clicking for me. I felt like I was just spamming the attack button over and over and occasionally dodging. Could've just been the weapon loadout I was choosing but idk. I'll have Moony try it out next and see what he thinks. Maybe he'll help me figure out what I'm doing wrong or something LOL

It takes some time to get used to the combat of Monster Hunter. Especially depending on what weapon you're using. Some are more newbie friendly, while others require a lot of player skill to make effective use of. The combat tends to be weighty and intentionally clunky, making it so the player has to really know when to attack and when to hold off. Basically one of those "git gud or git wrecked" games. I put 300-400 hours into Monster Hunter World and I still don't know a lot of the effective ways to play most weapons, so it takes some time and dedication to get good at it. I'm going to be using a new weapon type in Rise as well (used Greatsword mostly in World, switching to Longsword in Rise), so I expect to get my ass beat for a while until I get used to the new weapon.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(May 5th, 2021, 03:28 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
So I actually got to try out the demo about a week or so ago. I'm unsure if I was just thick or something but the combat wasn't clicking for me. I felt like I was just spamming the attack button over and over and occasionally dodging. Could've just been the weapon loadout I was choosing but idk. I'll have Moony try it out next and see what he thinks. Maybe he'll help me figure out what I'm doing wrong or something LOL

It takes some time to get used to the combat of Monster Hunter. Especially depending on what weapon you're using. Some are more newbie friendly, while others require a lot of player skill to make effective use of. The combat tends to be weighty and intentionally clunky, making it so the player has to really know when to attack and when to hold off. Basically one of those "git gud or git wrecked" games. I put 300-400 hours into Monster Hunter World and I still don't know a lot of the effective ways to play most weapons, so it takes some time and dedication to get good at it. I'm going to be using a new weapon type in Rise as well (used Greatsword mostly in World, switching to Longsword in Rise), so I expect to get my ass beat for a while until I get used to the new weapon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Night Poll: Minecraft Karo 10 4,421 Apr 6th, 2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Ladybyrd402
  Game Night? Eric 30 13,881 Jan 2nd, 2021, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord