How Do You Create/Customize Your Characters?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 26th, 2021, 08:39 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I...don't? Like, all of the intricacies of most modern character customization just confuse me, so I just tend to find a preset I like and just go from there. If I make any edits, it's to really large qualities (hair length, height, things like that), or just changing the color of something.
Do you customize your tank in WoT though? Tongue
Assuming that's a thing at all, of course.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 26th, 2021, 08:39 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I...don't? Like, all of the intricacies of most modern character customization just confuse me, so I just tend to find a preset I like and just go from there. If I make any edits, it's to really large qualities (hair length, height, things like that), or just changing the color of something.
Do you customize your tank in WoT though? Tongue
Assuming that's a thing at all, of course.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It is, and no I don't aside from using camoflauge, which has an actual in-game benefit. There are also emblems and inscriptions that I occasionally use, and skins that certain tanks have (that function like camo). Unless you're playing the PC version, though, there's not really any free editing you can do. I do distinctly remember, however, when I was grinding the Lorraine 40 t to the Bat-Chat 25 t, I put an inscription on my Lorraine: La Lutte Continue. It translates to "the struggle continues".
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It is, and no I don't aside from using camoflauge, which has an actual in-game benefit. There are also emblems and inscriptions that I occasionally use, and skins that certain tanks have (that function like camo). Unless you're playing the PC version, though, there's not really any free editing you can do. I do distinctly remember, however, when I was grinding the Lorraine 40 t to the Bat-Chat 25 t, I put an inscription on my Lorraine: La Lutte Continue. It translates to "the struggle continues".
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Usually, I try to make a character that looks like myself, or one of my friends, or occasionally a public figure.

(Also, when I play FTL: Faster Than Light, and I use one of the ships that starts with three human crew members, I'll usually call those "Clarkson", "May" and "Hammond". I'd like to see those three trying to pilot a spaceship!!!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Usually, I try to make a character that looks like myself, or one of my friends, or occasionally a public figure.

(Also, when I play FTL: Faster Than Light, and I use one of the ships that starts with three human crew members, I'll usually call those "Clarkson", "May" and "Hammond". I'd like to see those three trying to pilot a spaceship!!!)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If the character customisation is extensive and visually appealing to me, I will spend hours on it, but not as much as what DL says some people do. Although if I combine a game like the WWE's Create A Wrestler then yes I have...although only in Smackdown vs Raw 2006, WWE Day of Reckoning and 2K14 and that's individually, each! Shut Your Mouth and others I cared a lot less for. It's basically because I begun creating my original characters as playable characters that I started to spend much more time in customisation. Heck for them WWE games I spent a long time making joke/overpowered wrestlers too. Dragon's Dogma, Code Vein, making Mii's even I've also spent lots of time in. I have made both male and female characters in them, there is a game where I will never make a male character in and that is God Eater 3, even though it's character models are very similar to Code Vein's, I attempted but never could make a decent male so I use female. Making units in Grand Kingdom I'd try and make distinctively different people even when I have to use the same head or voice as another unit before them....yeah that one wasn't so extensive.

Before I didn't spend as much time like when I made Mario and Luigi, random characters or real life people. I don't do that anymore. XD

So yeah I enjoy character customisation and a game gets plus points from me if it includes. Thinking back on games I have played though, I don't feel I have that many and that saddens me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If the character customisation is extensive and visually appealing to me, I will spend hours on it, but not as much as what DL says some people do. Although if I combine a game like the WWE's Create A Wrestler then yes I have...although only in Smackdown vs Raw 2006, WWE Day of Reckoning and 2K14 and that's individually, each! Shut Your Mouth and others I cared a lot less for. It's basically because I begun creating my original characters as playable characters that I started to spend much more time in customisation. Heck for them WWE games I spent a long time making joke/overpowered wrestlers too. Dragon's Dogma, Code Vein, making Mii's even I've also spent lots of time in. I have made both male and female characters in them, there is a game where I will never make a male character in and that is God Eater 3, even though it's character models are very similar to Code Vein's, I attempted but never could make a decent male so I use female. Making units in Grand Kingdom I'd try and make distinctively different people even when I have to use the same head or voice as another unit before them....yeah that one wasn't so extensive.

Before I didn't spend as much time like when I made Mario and Luigi, random characters or real life people. I don't do that anymore. XD

So yeah I enjoy character customisation and a game gets plus points from me if it includes. Thinking back on games I have played though, I don't feel I have that many and that saddens me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
One of my favorite character customizations thing I've done was making a bunch of Naruto character Miis and seeing them pop-up in Coconut Mall in Mario Kart Wii (they populate the posters in the track) was fucking hilarious XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
One of my favorite character customizations thing I've done was making a bunch of Naruto character Miis and seeing them pop-up in Coconut Mall in Mario Kart Wii (they populate the posters in the track) was fucking hilarious XD
Ararera Offline
Mostly Harmless
Currently Playing
Guild Wars 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,641
Pokémon 
Customizing my character varies by game. I'm someone who just wants to PLAY more than anything, so if there's a randomize button I will often try a few iterations to see what comes up. If randomizing produces a monster avatar I usually tinker with my appearance a bit to fine-tune the details.

Some games though... getting the look just right can be a labour of love. I've only been here a day and I've brought up Animal Crossing 3 times... heh. But that's a game where I care about what I look like, and often spend a lot of time collecting clothes and stuff simply so that I can make myself unique each day.
If anyone needs me I'll be in witchspace.
Ararera Offline
Mostly Harmless
Currently Playing
Guild Wars 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,641 Pokémon 
Customizing my character varies by game. I'm someone who just wants to PLAY more than anything, so if there's a randomize button I will often try a few iterations to see what comes up. If randomizing produces a monster avatar I usually tinker with my appearance a bit to fine-tune the details.

Some games though... getting the look just right can be a labour of love. I've only been here a day and I've brought up Animal Crossing 3 times... heh. But that's a game where I care about what I look like, and often spend a lot of time collecting clothes and stuff simply so that I can make myself unique each day.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 13th, 2021, 05:08 AM)Ararera Wrote:
What's nice about AC:NH is that you aren't locked into your design and can change any aspect of it at any time. I like it when games let you do that. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 13th, 2021, 05:08 AM)Ararera Wrote:
What's nice about AC:NH is that you aren't locked into your design and can change any aspect of it at any time. I like it when games let you do that. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Characters That Had Good Development? Moonface 17 2,933 Oct 7th, 2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Game characters you disagree with common descriptions of popopdc 1 660 Nov 10th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Moonface