Do the Actions of a Creator Change Your Views of Their Work?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 02:45 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
In short, yes but not in the way most do. Like for me, I used to be a big Chris Benoit fan but after what he did to his family I could never enjoy his matches again.
It's a shame because WrestleMania 20's finale is horribly sullied by this. I used to try and keep what he did in the ring and outside of the ring separate, since what he did in his final days doesn't change how he was as a wrestler and I thought it was just something that suddenly came about because of the chair shots he kept taking to the head screwing with his brain, but I recently saw comments by other wrestlers such as William Regal and JBL about how he was abusive to Nancy long before that event, so now I don't know how I'd feel watching his stuff again. Eh

The most recent struggle I've had with the subject this thread is about is with Jared Leto. I just won't be shocked to find out he's a predatory piece of shit considering the way he acts, and I haven't wanted to listen to a 30 Seconds To Mars song in months because of it. Anytime one of their songs comes into my shuffle on Spotify I just skip it immediately. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I feel like it's a ticking time bomb for him to turn out like how the lead singer of Lostprophets did, which was another band I loved until what happened with him. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 02:45 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
In short, yes but not in the way most do. Like for me, I used to be a big Chris Benoit fan but after what he did to his family I could never enjoy his matches again.
It's a shame because WrestleMania 20's finale is horribly sullied by this. I used to try and keep what he did in the ring and outside of the ring separate, since what he did in his final days doesn't change how he was as a wrestler and I thought it was just something that suddenly came about because of the chair shots he kept taking to the head screwing with his brain, but I recently saw comments by other wrestlers such as William Regal and JBL about how he was abusive to Nancy long before that event, so now I don't know how I'd feel watching his stuff again. Eh

The most recent struggle I've had with the subject this thread is about is with Jared Leto. I just won't be shocked to find out he's a predatory piece of shit considering the way he acts, and I haven't wanted to listen to a 30 Seconds To Mars song in months because of it. Anytime one of their songs comes into my shuffle on Spotify I just skip it immediately. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I feel like it's a ticking time bomb for him to turn out like how the lead singer of Lostprophets did, which was another band I loved until what happened with him. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You Think Climate Change Can/Will Actually Be Resolved? Moonface 21 4,022 Jul 20th, 2022, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,321 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,901 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM