If You Could Master Any Skill/Profession
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was thinking of questions to ask people in their Ask Me threads and this one came to mind, but since it's open and not very specific to a single member I guess it makes more sense as its own thread. Tongue

So yeah, if you could master any skill or profession instantly, what would you pick? Maybe there's a certain job you'd go for if you didn't need to spend years of your life and tons of money studying for it, or perhaps you wish you could speed run a particular game or even just have the skill to do something simple like doing your own plumbing. ROFL

For me I'd definitely go for having the skills and profession of graphic design because it saves me having to go through college to get the same outcome, and since I can get it instantly I'd want to have all the knowledge of all types of coding so I could just quickly and easily write any codes I want.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was thinking of questions to ask people in their Ask Me threads and this one came to mind, but since it's open and not very specific to a single member I guess it makes more sense as its own thread. Tongue

So yeah, if you could master any skill or profession instantly, what would you pick? Maybe there's a certain job you'd go for if you didn't need to spend years of your life and tons of money studying for it, or perhaps you wish you could speed run a particular game or even just have the skill to do something simple like doing your own plumbing. ROFL

For me I'd definitely go for having the skills and profession of graphic design because it saves me having to go through college to get the same outcome, and since I can get it instantly I'd want to have all the knowledge of all types of coding so I could just quickly and easily write any codes I want.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hmm...so many choices... I'mma cop out a bit and take two answers: guitar and voice manipulation. Guitar because, well, I'd like to not suck at it lol (really should practice more...), but voice manipulation is an odd duck, even for me. Basically, I want to be able to sound convincingly female or change accents or what-have-you not just because I'm a huge troll and want to mess with friends, but also because I play a lot of different characters in pen-and-paper RPGs, and I'd like be able to pull off more than one voice.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hmm...so many choices... I'mma cop out a bit and take two answers: guitar and voice manipulation. Guitar because, well, I'd like to not suck at it lol (really should practice more...), but voice manipulation is an odd duck, even for me. Basically, I want to be able to sound convincingly female or change accents or what-have-you not just because I'm a huge troll and want to mess with friends, but also because I play a lot of different characters in pen-and-paper RPGs, and I'd like be able to pull off more than one voice.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 25th, 2021, 11:39 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
...but voice manipulation is an odd duck, even for me. Basically, I want to be able to sound convincingly female or change accents or what-have-you not just because I'm a huge troll and want to mess with friends, but also because I play a lot of different characters in pen-and-paper RPGs, and I'd like be able to pull off more than one voice.
Interesting, especially for the female voice part. I don't actually know of any examples of a guy putting on a female voice. In fact the only case I actually know of someone voice acting a character of the opposite sex is Chuckie's VA from Rugrats.

As for the accents, are there any in particular you would want to master more than others if you had to have a limited selection? Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 25th, 2021, 11:39 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
...but voice manipulation is an odd duck, even for me. Basically, I want to be able to sound convincingly female or change accents or what-have-you not just because I'm a huge troll and want to mess with friends, but also because I play a lot of different characters in pen-and-paper RPGs, and I'd like be able to pull off more than one voice.
Interesting, especially for the female voice part. I don't actually know of any examples of a guy putting on a female voice. In fact the only case I actually know of someone voice acting a character of the opposite sex is Chuckie's VA from Rugrats.

As for the accents, are there any in particular you would want to master more than others if you had to have a limited selection? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Cockney, Coventry, Dixie, Scottish, Irish, and Joisey immediately come to mind. Right now, I can't do any of them worth a s***. Also, crossdressing voices is EXCEEDINGLY common; usually, when you have a young male character (i.e. 13 or below), their voice actor is female. It's one of the reasons why Hey Arnold was so interesting; they got actual kids to do the VA work.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Cockney, Coventry, Dixie, Scottish, Irish, and Joisey immediately come to mind. Right now, I can't do any of them worth a s***. Also, crossdressing voices is EXCEEDINGLY common; usually, when you have a young male character (i.e. 13 or below), their voice actor is female. It's one of the reasons why Hey Arnold was so interesting; they got actual kids to do the VA work.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What on earth is a Joisey accent? Do you mean Jersey? Like New Jersey? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What on earth is a Joisey accent? Do you mean Jersey? Like New Jersey? XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yes; the accent is actually called Joisey (sometimes), because of how they pronounce "Jersey". Similar accents are N'awlins and Noo Yawk, named as such for how the locals say it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yes; the accent is actually called Joisey (sometimes), because of how they pronounce "Jersey". Similar accents are N'awlins and Noo Yawk, named as such for how the locals say it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
For me it probably would be drawing, painting, vocal control mainly because these are three things I would like to be able to pull off, but sadly most of them just required lots of practice!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
For me it probably would be drawing, painting, vocal control mainly because these are three things I would like to be able to pull off, but sadly most of them just required lots of practice!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Proper cooking, art and colouring/making the shit I should be able to do by now, quick thinking/wit, being a leader, perhaps an instrument of some kind and dare I say it, be a master of a type of dance with a partner. Oh and parkour, why not? XD I feel like I could've done parkour when I was younger if I knew it was a thing. Also surfing and as I'm no good at it, swimming.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Proper cooking, art and colouring/making the shit I should be able to do by now, quick thinking/wit, being a leader, perhaps an instrument of some kind and dare I say it, be a master of a type of dance with a partner. Oh and parkour, why not? XD I feel like I could've done parkour when I was younger if I knew it was a thing. Also surfing and as I'm no good at it, swimming.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 26th, 2021, 10:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Proper cooking...
This one isn't too bad to pull off depending on your definition of it. If you mean actual full meals, the best way I found for that was using meal kits that give you everything you need and the instructions. I know you can just go find instructions anywhere, but the meal kit service I use was good because you don't need to try and search for meal ideas that you probably don't even know exist, or searching for something involving chicken and noodles gives so many results it gets overwhelming to pick one. I was hoping Home Chef would let you see the meals they offer without signing up but that doesn't appear to be the case, which sucks because that would be a good way to get ideas of what you could try to make. I guess the next best thing would be to just say what you might care for and I'll go through my like.....hundred recipe cards to find something and share it. Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 26th, 2021, 10:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Proper cooking...
This one isn't too bad to pull off depending on your definition of it. If you mean actual full meals, the best way I found for that was using meal kits that give you everything you need and the instructions. I know you can just go find instructions anywhere, but the meal kit service I use was good because you don't need to try and search for meal ideas that you probably don't even know exist, or searching for something involving chicken and noodles gives so many results it gets overwhelming to pick one. I was hoping Home Chef would let you see the meals they offer without signing up but that doesn't appear to be the case, which sucks because that would be a good way to get ideas of what you could try to make. I guess the next best thing would be to just say what you might care for and I'll go through my like.....hundred recipe cards to find something and share it. Mellow
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Cooking is such a neat skill to have. After watching plenty of Food Network shows and even Food Wars (the anime), I've grown fascinated with the idea and art of cooking. I've been watching a lot of YouTube cooking channels lately and trying to learn from them. Home Chef has been really helpful in getting me acclimated to some of the techniques and things to keep an eye on when cooking that I can definitely cut corners around the steps now when I understand what the recipe wants out of me.

For me, my one skill I'd love to master is language. Being able to communicate with any and everybody is the ultimate power, in my eyes. I've never felt so frustrated and helpless being unable to communicate with someone of another language (or barrier of communication, i.e. hard of hearing folk, etc). Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Cooking is such a neat skill to have. After watching plenty of Food Network shows and even Food Wars (the anime), I've grown fascinated with the idea and art of cooking. I've been watching a lot of YouTube cooking channels lately and trying to learn from them. Home Chef has been really helpful in getting me acclimated to some of the techniques and things to keep an eye on when cooking that I can definitely cut corners around the steps now when I understand what the recipe wants out of me.

For me, my one skill I'd love to master is language. Being able to communicate with any and everybody is the ultimate power, in my eyes. I've never felt so frustrated and helpless being unable to communicate with someone of another language (or barrier of communication, i.e. hard of hearing folk, etc). Sad