Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pokemon: Monster Hunter Edition? I'd be down for it. Give me a big ass sword and just let me go hack away at some rabid Pokemon.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pokemon: Monster Hunter Edition? I'd be down for it. Give me a big ass sword and just let me go hack away at some rabid Pokemon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

A new trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus has revealed a slew of new details for the game, and a brand new Pokémon!
  • Kleavor (Bug/Rock-type) - It is the evolved form of Scyther and is also encountered as a Noble Pokémon boss battle.
  • There are other Noble Pokémon, which serve as strong and powerful boss fights. Sometimes they will get Frenzied and become more difficult to fight.
  • You will receive the Celestica Flute which is what will allow you to summon special Ride Pokémon: Wyrdeer for ground travel, Basculegion for water travel, and Braviary for aerial travel.
  • Jubilife Village offers the ability to customize your character, take photos in a studio, go shopping, and leave Pokémon that have been caught in an area called the pastures.
  • There are special Wardens in the game that I assume fill the void left by the removal of Gym Leaders. However, you won't necessarily battle with all of them, and their main role is to look after various Noble Pokémon and other important Pokémon. Of those shown in the trailer, Lian looks after Kleavor, Mai looks after Wyrdeer and Iscan looks after Basculegion. There is another Warden called Are but no details are given about her besides her name.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

A new trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus has revealed a slew of new details for the game, and a brand new Pokémon!
  • Kleavor (Bug/Rock-type) - It is the evolved form of Scyther and is also encountered as a Noble Pokémon boss battle.
  • There are other Noble Pokémon, which serve as strong and powerful boss fights. Sometimes they will get Frenzied and become more difficult to fight.
  • You will receive the Celestica Flute which is what will allow you to summon special Ride Pokémon: Wyrdeer for ground travel, Basculegion for water travel, and Braviary for aerial travel.
  • Jubilife Village offers the ability to customize your character, take photos in a studio, go shopping, and leave Pokémon that have been caught in an area called the pastures.
  • There are special Wardens in the game that I assume fill the void left by the removal of Gym Leaders. However, you won't necessarily battle with all of them, and their main role is to look after various Noble Pokémon and other important Pokémon. Of those shown in the trailer, Lian looks after Kleavor, Mai looks after Wyrdeer and Iscan looks after Basculegion. There is another Warden called Are but no details are given about her besides her name.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The game continues to intrigue me. I don't mind that it's not graphically amazing, as long as it services the gameplay and mechanics as intended and not neutered by the frame rate or something.

The Pokemon frenzy thing reminds me of a mechanic in Sun and Moon, with the Totem Pokemon. You also didn't necessarily beat gym leaders in that game but instead to their challenge, which may be similar to this (by taking on the Noble)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The game continues to intrigue me. I don't mind that it's not graphically amazing, as long as it services the gameplay and mechanics as intended and not neutered by the frame rate or something.

The Pokemon frenzy thing reminds me of a mechanic in Sun and Moon, with the Totem Pokemon. You also didn't necessarily beat gym leaders in that game but instead to their challenge, which may be similar to this (by taking on the Noble)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would rather the game have moderately okay visuals than see the frame rate drop a lot or the core gameplay to be lacking in areas. The environments are a little simple but at least it means you can spot Pokemon easier from a distance and considering battles take place in the open world environment rather than cutting away like a typical Pokemon game, I would not want the camera or my character/Pokemon getting stuck on geometry by having areas packed out with more shit. Notice how for Kleavor that all of the trees are being kept on the higher ledges where you can't go during the fight so as to keep the main area clear. That's a dedicated boss area though, so you wouldn't want to have that design approach to regular areas because then it wouldn't feel truly open world, it would just be Pokemon routes with contained paths but without loading screens.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would rather the game have moderately okay visuals than see the frame rate drop a lot or the core gameplay to be lacking in areas. The environments are a little simple but at least it means you can spot Pokemon easier from a distance and considering battles take place in the open world environment rather than cutting away like a typical Pokemon game, I would not want the camera or my character/Pokemon getting stuck on geometry by having areas packed out with more shit. Notice how for Kleavor that all of the trees are being kept on the higher ledges where you can't go during the fight so as to keep the main area clear. That's a dedicated boss area though, so you wouldn't want to have that design approach to regular areas because then it wouldn't feel truly open world, it would just be Pokemon routes with contained paths but without loading screens.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've decided to not get this title until I watch some one play it, and the gameplay I see impresses me because so far I'm not very impressed with what I've seen. *shurg*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've decided to not get this title until I watch some one play it, and the gameplay I see impresses me because so far I'm not very impressed with what I've seen. *shurg*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 27th, 2021, 07:38 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
What would you want to see that would be a factor in winning you over? Smile

Nintendo have announced that players with SwSh save data will be given the chance to capture the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin:

Also for those who haven't seen it or did but wish to share a thought on it, two new Hisuian forms were revealed a while ago but weren't shared here yet:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 27th, 2021, 07:38 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
What would you want to see that would be a factor in winning you over? Smile

Nintendo have announced that players with SwSh save data will be given the chance to capture the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin:

Also for those who haven't seen it or did but wish to share a thought on it, two new Hisuian forms were revealed a while ago but weren't shared here yet:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah nice to get something for having SwSh beforehand. Shaymin kinda fits too being in a past setting of the Pokémon world.

The different take on Zorua and Zoraork is fine if the climate it looks like it originates from, maybe not the pink though. Do prefer the version it came to be, or I suppose adapted to later on.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah nice to get something for having SwSh beforehand. Shaymin kinda fits too being in a past setting of the Pokémon world.

The different take on Zorua and Zoraork is fine if the climate it looks like it originates from, maybe not the pink though. Do prefer the version it came to be, or I suppose adapted to later on.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hisuian Voltorb Revealed
Another regional variant Pokémon has been revealed for Pokémon Legends: Arceus! Hisuian Voltorb looks very similar to the Poké Balls of the Hisui region. This Pokémon is always in high spirits and has a friendly personality. However, it discharges its stored electricity when it gets excited, so it frequently shocks nearby humans and Pokémon.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hisuian Voltorb Revealed
Another regional variant Pokémon has been revealed for Pokémon Legends: Arceus! Hisuian Voltorb looks very similar to the Poké Balls of the Hisui region. This Pokémon is always in high spirits and has a friendly personality. However, it discharges its stored electricity when it gets excited, so it frequently shocks nearby humans and Pokémon.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

A new trailer has revealed the Diamond and Pearl clans of the Hisui region, as well as the merchants and their wares from the Ginkgo guild.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

A new trailer has revealed the Diamond and Pearl clans of the Hisui region, as well as the merchants and their wares from the Ginkgo guild.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure why, but each new iteration of the trailers seems to show more of a downgrade in quality in terms of graphic fedelity. The models are very clearly the same ones they've been using, and that's unfortunate, but oh well. Still on the "so long as it plays well" train for this to keep an open mind about it.

But also holy shit the lore for this game LOL Diamond and Pearl clans? They really couldn't have thought of more subtle ways to make this a clear prequel without being so.... Direct?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure why, but each new iteration of the trailers seems to show more of a downgrade in quality in terms of graphic fedelity. The models are very clearly the same ones they've been using, and that's unfortunate, but oh well. Still on the "so long as it plays well" train for this to keep an open mind about it.

But also holy shit the lore for this game LOL Diamond and Pearl clans? They really couldn't have thought of more subtle ways to make this a clear prequel without being so.... Direct?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2021, 05:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I can't say I'm noticing it, at least when comparing Lian's scene in the trailer from this post (1:02) with their scene in this newest trailer. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2021, 05:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I can't say I'm noticing it, at least when comparing Lian's scene in the trailer from this post (1:02) with their scene in this newest trailer. Unsure
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I don't know POkemon really is known for all their subtles can you imagine the surprise of everyone face when all those random red hair and purple hair'd strangers Ash and the gang met that were actually Team Rocket in a very clever disguise? Gasp Honestly I'm not really surprised by the very "original naming" convention it suppose to be accessible to young children so I don't think they'd go too obscure with the name, but they could of maybe did it a bit more creatively. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I don't know POkemon really is known for all their subtles can you imagine the surprise of everyone face when all those random red hair and purple hair'd strangers Ash and the gang met that were actually Team Rocket in a very clever disguise? Gasp Honestly I'm not really surprised by the very "original naming" convention it suppose to be accessible to young children so I don't think they'd go too obscure with the name, but they could of maybe did it a bit more creatively. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect the clans are just a way to make it clear to everyone the game is linked to the recent Diamond and Pearl remakes. If you saw none of the marketing this game has had and just grabbed it off the shelf on release, or maybe hadn't even played D/P either, I doubt you would realise the two are connected based on the things that were shown prior to this newest trailer. It's on the nose a little sure, but when this game and series has a target audience of anyone from 6 years and older, being subtle runs the risk of going over too many heads.
Clan naming aside, I do like the referencing to Almighty Sinnoh (the Almighty Moonface was better but I digress) rather than Arceus because that has some interesting prospects. Do they worship the land or something else back in this time period rather than Arceus? What leads the entity called Sinnoh to evolve into being the name of the region?

This game does have one really dark thing going for it though and that is that all those variant Pokemon probably die off between this game and D/P, considering they only exist within this game. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect the clans are just a way to make it clear to everyone the game is linked to the recent Diamond and Pearl remakes. If you saw none of the marketing this game has had and just grabbed it off the shelf on release, or maybe hadn't even played D/P either, I doubt you would realise the two are connected based on the things that were shown prior to this newest trailer. It's on the nose a little sure, but when this game and series has a target audience of anyone from 6 years and older, being subtle runs the risk of going over too many heads.
Clan naming aside, I do like the referencing to Almighty Sinnoh (the Almighty Moonface was better but I digress) rather than Arceus because that has some interesting prospects. Do they worship the land or something else back in this time period rather than Arceus? What leads the entity called Sinnoh to evolve into being the name of the region?

This game does have one really dark thing going for it though and that is that all those variant Pokemon probably die off between this game and D/P, considering they only exist within this game. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

A new gameplay overview trailer was released today in Japan, and while I'm sure the majority of us will have zero clue what is being said it does still show off some new things that none of the other trailers have covered yet.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

A new gameplay overview trailer was released today in Japan, and while I'm sure the majority of us will have zero clue what is being said it does still show off some new things that none of the other trailers have covered yet.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit, nice! Man, this looks super fun honestly. This has been a long time coming for this series tbh It's unfortunate that Game Freak still struggle to get graphics right, but thematically all the environments are sick as hell. Flying through those volcanic areas? Gosh.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit, nice! Man, this looks super fun honestly. This has been a long time coming for this series tbh It's unfortunate that Game Freak still struggle to get graphics right, but thematically all the environments are sick as hell. Flying through those volcanic areas? Gosh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,762 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 24,734 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,793 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,243 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Moonface 224 116,585 Jan 28th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL