Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
One thing I just realized I've wondered about this game is does the trainer have any health indicator at all? In any footage I've seen of the trainer being attacked and eventually blacking out I've never seen anything that shows you how close you are to blacking out.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
One thing I just realized I've wondered about this game is does the trainer have any health indicator at all? In any footage I've seen of the trainer being attacked and eventually blacking out I've never seen anything that shows you how close you are to blacking out.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It doesn't that I have noticed really, but one thing I would like is a climb button because some of the landscapes can be a bit tricky to get up which is fine, but having to fight against the game to get up there is kinda annoying I'd say its a step up from the older Pokemon games in traversal, but they'll keep getting better if they keep going with this.

I'd also like a stamina gauge and I do like how our character has voice acting now and I'd be fine with Pokemon games getting voice over in the future. They'll probably want to keep the main character silent, but having a va for grunts still add to the game I feel while keeping that whole self inserting character thing fine.

Actually how does everyone else feel about Pokemon games getting voice over work on them or would you rather them stay text based only? Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It doesn't that I have noticed really, but one thing I would like is a climb button because some of the landscapes can be a bit tricky to get up which is fine, but having to fight against the game to get up there is kinda annoying I'd say its a step up from the older Pokemon games in traversal, but they'll keep getting better if they keep going with this.

I'd also like a stamina gauge and I do like how our character has voice acting now and I'd be fine with Pokemon games getting voice over in the future. They'll probably want to keep the main character silent, but having a va for grunts still add to the game I feel while keeping that whole self inserting character thing fine.

Actually how does everyone else feel about Pokemon games getting voice over work on them or would you rather them stay text based only? Gasp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh. It sounds annoying to not know how close you are to blacking out but maybe it isn't so bad in practice.

I don't think stamina would add anything but the ability to climb freely or at least up small slopes would be decent to add, especially since the areas are all enclosed so you wouldn't be able to climb into areas you're not supposed to, although that could just be stopped by limiting how much you can climb since you're not exactly a mountain climber.

As for voice acting, I think Pokemon has needed it for a while. Sw/Sh felt awkward without it, especially for the opening with the announcer in the stadium just flapping gums. I don't know how it would work on a playable character though; maybe the best approach is how BotW did it with voice acting in notable cutscenes.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh. It sounds annoying to not know how close you are to blacking out but maybe it isn't so bad in practice.

I don't think stamina would add anything but the ability to climb freely or at least up small slopes would be decent to add, especially since the areas are all enclosed so you wouldn't be able to climb into areas you're not supposed to, although that could just be stopped by limiting how much you can climb since you're not exactly a mountain climber.

As for voice acting, I think Pokemon has needed it for a while. Sw/Sh felt awkward without it, especially for the opening with the announcer in the stadium just flapping gums. I don't know how it would work on a playable character though; maybe the best approach is how BotW did it with voice acting in notable cutscenes.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
When you get close the game actually has this screen effect on it, I didn't really get hit that much before and I have yet to die, but a lopunny almost killed me oh and it combo me into the water! Which was funny cause I accidentally fell off the cliff and then I drowned and then respawned and got attacked by the lopunny. (This lopunny also wiped out my entire team while I was trying to catch it)

I think they should consider adding that you can't really sequence break a game where the map is divided up into different parts anyways.

Sw/Sh would of probably been the best time to considering adding it, but we shall have to see if they decide to going forward. There are animations of your character talking now, but it feel like how your character does it in FFXIV. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
When you get close the game actually has this screen effect on it, I didn't really get hit that much before and I have yet to die, but a lopunny almost killed me oh and it combo me into the water! Which was funny cause I accidentally fell off the cliff and then I drowned and then respawned and got attacked by the lopunny. (This lopunny also wiped out my entire team while I was trying to catch it)

I think they should consider adding that you can't really sequence break a game where the map is divided up into different parts anyways.

Sw/Sh would of probably been the best time to considering adding it, but we shall have to see if they decide to going forward. There are animations of your character talking now, but it feel like how your character does it in FFXIV. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised drowning doesn't equate to a blackout. Are there any high areas you can fall from and take fall damage? I'm curious what the outcome is for falling from a height but not into water.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised drowning doesn't equate to a blackout. Are there any high areas you can fall from and take fall damage? I'm curious what the outcome is for falling from a height but not into water.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My copy arrived today! Poggies

Unfortunately I probably won't be starting it for a couple of days, but I'm excite to do so. Just gotta finish up the Elite Four in Brilliant Diamond and then I'll consider that game being finished and I can move on to this one.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My copy arrived today! Poggies

Unfortunately I probably won't be starting it for a couple of days, but I'm excite to do so. Just gotta finish up the Elite Four in Brilliant Diamond and then I'll consider that game being finished and I can move on to this one.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope you'll enjoy playing it Night Lord I really been enjoying it and I hope the series continue in this direction. Smile I am a bit sad that there is no online battling component in this game I know the formula was tweaked so maybe they didn't really want to try to tackle it for this entry.

I sadly haven't played it much this week causes classes tend to keep me busy!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope you'll enjoy playing it Night Lord I really been enjoying it and I hope the series continue in this direction. Smile I am a bit sad that there is no online battling component in this game I know the formula was tweaked so maybe they didn't really want to try to tackle it for this entry.

I sadly haven't played it much this week causes classes tend to keep me busy!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering this game is the second best selling Switch game launch behind Animal Crossing and overtook HG/SS sales I think it's safe to expect this style of Pokemon game to continue going forward. I wouldn't mind if the old style just gets used for more remakes so that it's still there without messing with new entries, since I doubt alternating the style with entirely new games would work out well. Just keep the old style for nostalgia or something.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering this game is the second best selling Switch game launch behind Animal Crossing and overtook HG/SS sales I think it's safe to expect this style of Pokemon game to continue going forward. I wouldn't mind if the old style just gets used for more remakes so that it's still there without messing with new entries, since I doubt alternating the style with entirely new games would work out well. Just keep the old style for nostalgia or something.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly wonder if they will change the main series or just start a spin off line for this new style of game. Game Freak likes to change Pokemon very slowly which I am fine with, but I do wonder if it will effect mainline or not I am hoping so, but we shall see. Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly wonder if they will change the main series or just start a spin off line for this new style of game. Game Freak likes to change Pokemon very slowly which I am fine with, but I do wonder if it will effect mainline or not I am hoping so, but we shall see. Gasp
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I started this game up yesterday. Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but already loving it.

-Thought I was isekai'd into a Kingdom Hearts game after making my character
-Love the MC's facial expressions. Even better since I chose cute gorl character
-The game looks gorgeous, graphic whores can go fuck themselves
-Starter options are kinda weak. Cyndaquil is the obvious only choice
-Why did Cyndaquil start with Quick Attack instead of Tackle? Too OP man, too OP (slight sarcasm)
-Did I mention the female MC is cute?
-Love actually aiming and throwing balls at Pokemon
-Love the darker tones of the game so far, being told if you don't pass your trial, you'll be kicked out of the village and left to fend for yourself, in which you'll mostly likely die out in the wilderness

There's plenty of time for this game to throw stuff at me that I absolutely hate, but judging purely from the early goings of this game, if it continues at this pace, it's easily going to eclipse every other Pokemon game ever made as my absolute favorite.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I started this game up yesterday. Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but already loving it.

-Thought I was isekai'd into a Kingdom Hearts game after making my character
-Love the MC's facial expressions. Even better since I chose cute gorl character
-The game looks gorgeous, graphic whores can go fuck themselves
-Starter options are kinda weak. Cyndaquil is the obvious only choice
-Why did Cyndaquil start with Quick Attack instead of Tackle? Too OP man, too OP (slight sarcasm)
-Did I mention the female MC is cute?
-Love actually aiming and throwing balls at Pokemon
-Love the darker tones of the game so far, being told if you don't pass your trial, you'll be kicked out of the village and left to fend for yourself, in which you'll mostly likely die out in the wilderness

There's plenty of time for this game to throw stuff at me that I absolutely hate, but judging purely from the early goings of this game, if it continues at this pace, it's easily going to eclipse every other Pokemon game ever made as my absolute favorite.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That darker tone is the best thing ever. I know its a kids game, but you can have a darker storyline that meant for kids. XD The facial expression for the character were really good like you said and I do think it is a very gorgeous game!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That darker tone is the best thing ever. I know its a kids game, but you can have a darker storyline that meant for kids. XD The facial expression for the character were really good like you said and I do think it is a very gorgeous game!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yes, it's very nice to have a slightly more serious tone so far in the game. I really like that we get to see what the world of Pokemon was like before humans fully learned to tame Pokemon and get them to fight for them. A world where Pokemon are dangerous, wild beasts that will rip your throat out and the first chance they get.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yes, it's very nice to have a slightly more serious tone so far in the game. I really like that we get to see what the world of Pokemon was like before humans fully learned to tame Pokemon and get them to fight for them. A world where Pokemon are dangerous, wild beasts that will rip your throat out and the first chance they get.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if the game had a secret ending if you actually choose to fail or refuse to do your missions? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if the game had a secret ending if you actually choose to fail or refuse to do your missions? XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, it'd be cool if there was a "bad end" where your character actually does get killed out in the wild. They should have done that any time a wild Pokemon gets you instead of the player just blacking out. Maybe that would have been a little too dark for their tastes, but I think it'd be a cool thing to have. After all, they wanted to put a lot of emphasis on how dangerous these wild Pokemon are.

There's an auto-save feature in the game, so it's not like smacking players with a "Game Over" would really be that bad.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, it'd be cool if there was a "bad end" where your character actually does get killed out in the wild. They should have done that any time a wild Pokemon gets you instead of the player just blacking out. Maybe that would have been a little too dark for their tastes, but I think it'd be a cool thing to have. After all, they wanted to put a lot of emphasis on how dangerous these wild Pokemon are.

There's an auto-save feature in the game, so it's not like smacking players with a "Game Over" would really be that bad.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the game auto save when you go down in the wilderness? I'd like if it forces everyone to accept their defeats instead of being able to save scum, which I admit I've done in other Pokemon games because of the manual save. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the game auto save when you go down in the wilderness? I'd like if it forces everyone to accept their defeats instead of being able to save scum, which I admit I've done in other Pokemon games because of the manual save. Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,238 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,136 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Moonface 224 114,904 Jan 28th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL