PS3, PSP, and Vita Stores Closing in July
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I second Moony's response. I personally think this monetarily motivated but regardless of the who's and what's, it's nice to see them keeping it around a little longer.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I second Moony's response. I personally think this monetarily motivated but regardless of the who's and what's, it's nice to see them keeping it around a little longer.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm not going to feed into the "Sony only did this for money!" conspiracy theories, and until proven otherwise with concrete proof, I'm going to give Sony the benefit of the doubt and believe that they reversed their decision after seeing the backlash and disappointment of their costumer base. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for CEOs of corporations to actually do something good from time to time.

The stores will still shut down eventually, that's going to be unavoidable, but this gives me more time to go through the stores and pick out the games I want to get before a complete shutdown does happen, so I'll be happy with that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm not going to feed into the "Sony only did this for money!" conspiracy theories, and until proven otherwise with concrete proof, I'm going to give Sony the benefit of the doubt and believe that they reversed their decision after seeing the backlash and disappointment of their costumer base. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for CEOs of corporations to actually do something good from time to time.

The stores will still shut down eventually, that's going to be unavoidable, but this gives me more time to go through the stores and pick out the games I want to get before a complete shutdown does happen, so I'll be happy with that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 21st, 2021, 08:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Same. I doubt Sony would have done this just to encourage sales. In the event that somehow they lied about store closures just to drive sales, on the bright side it does appear it got Sony to investigate the CMOS battery issue in PS4's. Besides, like is being said, the stores will shut down legitimately eventually, so even if Sony lied about it for now, people who bought games would have still bought them regardless of Sony's motive.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 21st, 2021, 08:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Same. I doubt Sony would have done this just to encourage sales. In the event that somehow they lied about store closures just to drive sales, on the bright side it does appear it got Sony to investigate the CMOS battery issue in PS4's. Besides, like is being said, the stores will shut down legitimately eventually, so even if Sony lied about it for now, people who bought games would have still bought them regardless of Sony's motive.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You will never ever find concrete proof of a company admitting that anything was for monetary gain; that's just counterproductive for marketing and brand purposes. Even if a company claims to be transparent about matters, it's a load of shit.

I work very closely with our CEO and absolutely know that generally, if you're not making money by doing it (or intending to in the long run), you're not doing good business. And that includes charitable causes. So I'll never believe for a second that things weren't foundationally monetarily motivated because that's just how business works, unfortunately.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You will never ever find concrete proof of a company admitting that anything was for monetary gain; that's just counterproductive for marketing and brand purposes. Even if a company claims to be transparent about matters, it's a load of shit.

I work very closely with our CEO and absolutely know that generally, if you're not making money by doing it (or intending to in the long run), you're not doing good business. And that includes charitable causes. So I'll never believe for a second that things weren't foundationally monetarily motivated because that's just how business works, unfortunately.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect Sony at first announced it because it wasn't worth the upkeep of having it, only to later determine that they can make more money by changing the decision and keeping it. Especially since they're still shutting off the PSP store, so no matter what that still isn't worth the upkeep.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect Sony at first announced it because it wasn't worth the upkeep of having it, only to later determine that they can make more money by changing the decision and keeping it. Especially since they're still shutting off the PSP store, so no matter what that still isn't worth the upkeep.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Yeah it was probably as much about money as it was people complaining.
[Image: 2_24_05_19_10_25_51.png]
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Yeah it was probably as much about money as it was people complaining.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playstation Vita Monocle 5 6,050 Oct 2nd, 2018, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Monocle