Doom (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Doom Eternal, a sequel to 2016's Doom, has been announced during Bethesda's E3 2018 Showcase. The game will feature twice as many demons and the Doom marine will feel more powerful than ever. For more details, we have to wait until QuakeCon in August, when Bethesda will be showing off more from the game.

Anyone else excited for Doom Eternal, or played any of the other Doom games? I'd never really taken interest in the series until the 2016 reboot, and I loved that game, so I'm super excited for Eternal! Wow
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Doom Eternal, a sequel to 2016's Doom, has been announced during Bethesda's E3 2018 Showcase. The game will feature twice as many demons and the Doom marine will feel more powerful than ever. For more details, we have to wait until QuakeCon in August, when Bethesda will be showing off more from the game.

Anyone else excited for Doom Eternal, or played any of the other Doom games? I'd never really taken interest in the series until the 2016 reboot, and I loved that game, so I'm super excited for Eternal! Wow
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
Love the Doom series, even the reset back in '04 with Doom 3. From just the trailer it seems id is bringing hell to earth.  Wow
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
Love the Doom series, even the reset back in '04 with Doom 3. From just the trailer it seems id is bringing hell to earth.  Wow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they'll put classic maps into the levels of Eternal like they did for Doom '16. If not (because maybe they used them all) then I hope they put some sort of easter egg like that into the levels because they were a neat thing to find.

Not that I'd get it on the platform, but I hope Switch gets confirmed as a platform for the game alongside the expected ones. It'd suck for people to get hooked on Doom on Switch and then not bring the sequel to it. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they'll put classic maps into the levels of Eternal like they did for Doom '16. If not (because maybe they used them all) then I hope they put some sort of easter egg like that into the levels because they were a neat thing to find.

Not that I'd get it on the platform, but I hope Switch gets confirmed as a platform for the game alongside the expected ones. It'd suck for people to get hooked on Doom on Switch and then not bring the sequel to it. Eh
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The hype is real
[Image: Xy5J6y1.gif]

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The hype is real
[Image: Xy5J6y1.gif]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like there's a new Cacodemon of sorts as at 0:57 you can see a demon similar to it but with arms, then the original Cacodemon in the lower corner just after. There's also a new Baron of Hell as it has fire blades, and I can't tell what the new demon is towards the back creating fire with their hands.

Along with the tentacles during the trailer I've counted four new demons. There were 20 demon types in Doom 2016 so there's still 16 left to see, unless there are any other new ones in the trailer I missed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like there's a new Cacodemon of sorts as at 0:57 you can see a demon similar to it but with arms, then the original Cacodemon in the lower corner just after. There's also a new Baron of Hell as it has fire blades, and I can't tell what the new demon is towards the back creating fire with their hands.

Along with the tentacles during the trailer I've counted four new demons. There were 20 demon types in Doom 2016 so there's still 16 left to see, unless there are any other new ones in the trailer I missed.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bethesda bringing Doom to the table for their E3 was much needed. I've instantly forgotten what else was in there now other than Eternal, so is the only game slightly interesting to me. Never got Doom '16, but thought it looked like a riot, and the ost was great. Eternal looks similar of course, new demons and locations are a must. Don't know what else could be potentially new, so looking forward to whatever is revealed at Quake Con.

Haven't really played any early Doom games either. Might've had a go at the Doom (1993), but mostly played Wolfenstein 3D back in the day. Still the series is cool just for a guy going around killing demons in many many different methods. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bethesda bringing Doom to the table for their E3 was much needed. I've instantly forgotten what else was in there now other than Eternal, so is the only game slightly interesting to me. Never got Doom '16, but thought it looked like a riot, and the ost was great. Eternal looks similar of course, new demons and locations are a must. Don't know what else could be potentially new, so looking forward to whatever is revealed at Quake Con.

Haven't really played any early Doom games either. Might've had a go at the Doom (1993), but mostly played Wolfenstein 3D back in the day. Still the series is cool just for a guy going around killing demons in many many different methods. XD
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 11th, 2018, 07:07 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Looks like there's a new Cacodemon of sorts as at 0:57 you can see a demon similar to it but with arms,
That is a Pain Elemental
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Pain_elemental

Which might hint that those annoying lost souls are in the game too, as pain elemental spawn loss souls, in the original Doom II and Doom 64.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Looks like there's a new Cacodemon of sorts as at 0:57 you can see a demon similar to it but with arms,
That is a Pain Elemental

Which might hint that those annoying lost souls are in the game too, as pain elemental spawn loss souls, in the original Doom II and Doom 64.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
That is a Pain Elemental

Ah. Even then, it wasn't in Doom 2016 so technically it could count towards doubling the number of demons. Is that the only one out of the four I pointed out that are returning demons from older games?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That is a Pain Elemental

Ah. Even then, it wasn't in Doom 2016 so technically it could count towards doubling the number of demons. Is that the only one out of the four I pointed out that are returning demons from older games?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 12th, 2018, 04:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That is a Pain Elemental

Alright so because my memory is shit, I suspect we see a Spiderdemon not the spider mastermind (who was the final boss in Doom, and a different from the spiderdemon).

So we have two confirmed, and speculated (lost souls). Since it appears it might take place on earth maybe we will see the Machinegun zombies too.

EDIT So according to the doomwiki I was right about Spider demons and Pain Elemental, But it seems Arch Viles (oh shit) are also in the trailer:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_Eternal

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 12th, 2018, 04:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That is a Pain Elemental

Alright so because my memory is shit, I suspect we see a Spiderdemon not the spider mastermind (who was the final boss in Doom, and a different from the spiderdemon).

So we have two confirmed, and speculated (lost souls). Since it appears it might take place on earth maybe we will see the Machinegun zombies too.

EDIT So according to the doomwiki I was right about Spider demons and Pain Elemental, But it seems Arch Viles (oh shit) are also in the trailer:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_Eternal
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if they put an Arch-Vile and a Summoner in a room together. One would be making demons while the other resurrects the ones you've killed. God, imagine if it resurrected the Summoner. I actually kinda want to have that in the game now. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if they put an Arch-Vile and a Summoner in a room together. One would be making demons while the other resurrects the ones you've killed. God, imagine if it resurrected the Summoner. I actually kinda want to have that in the game now. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Reading that, is it possible to run out of ammo easily in Doom ('16)? And do you have to weaken demons, or at least more durable demons than the standard ones to do any physical combat? Just thinking about being in a room with spawning and summoned enemies. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Reading that, is it possible to run out of ammo easily in Doom ('16)? And do you have to weaken demons, or at least more durable demons than the standard ones to do any physical combat? Just thinking about being in a room with spawning and summoned enemies. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2018, 05:53 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Running out of ammo entirely is probably impossible unless you're just a very bad shot. You can find ammo on the maps as you explore and demons will also drop some depending on various things, but you can make it more constant if you use a booster slot for demons to drop ammo on death. The chainsaw can also be used to get a shit ton of ammo out of any demon you use it on and is useful in a pinch for more ammo or to just kill something big if you have the fuel to do it.

Demons can be melee hit with your gun but most physical attacks on demons come from either the chainsaw, or when they flash to signify they're open for a Glory Kill. The stronger the demon, the more damage you'll need to inflict to get it into a Glory Kill state.

Even if you did run out of ammo, the pistol has infinite ammo and is actually quite decent. Useful if you don't want to waste ammo of other guns on the fodder demons you come across.

There are also powerups in encounters you can pick up that give you buffs. Infinite ammo, instant melee kill (the best one), quad damage, invincibility, just to name the ones I can remember.

Basically, you never have to worry about being unprepared for fights. If you die, it won't be because you ran out of ammo, but because you simply wasn't mobile enough. Doom '16 is just non-stop movement and action in every encounter, no cover, just jump in and blast away until everything is dead.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2018, 05:53 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Running out of ammo entirely is probably impossible unless you're just a very bad shot. You can find ammo on the maps as you explore and demons will also drop some depending on various things, but you can make it more constant if you use a booster slot for demons to drop ammo on death. The chainsaw can also be used to get a shit ton of ammo out of any demon you use it on and is useful in a pinch for more ammo or to just kill something big if you have the fuel to do it.

Demons can be melee hit with your gun but most physical attacks on demons come from either the chainsaw, or when they flash to signify they're open for a Glory Kill. The stronger the demon, the more damage you'll need to inflict to get it into a Glory Kill state.

Even if you did run out of ammo, the pistol has infinite ammo and is actually quite decent. Useful if you don't want to waste ammo of other guns on the fodder demons you come across.

There are also powerups in encounters you can pick up that give you buffs. Infinite ammo, instant melee kill (the best one), quad damage, invincibility, just to name the ones I can remember.

Basically, you never have to worry about being unprepared for fights. If you die, it won't be because you ran out of ammo, but because you simply wasn't mobile enough. Doom '16 is just non-stop movement and action in every encounter, no cover, just jump in and blast away until everything is dead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes the Glory Kill, that's what I was thinking of. I see then, no need to worry about ammo, just movement. XD Doom is about sitting back and enjoying killing everything in sight.

I suppose it'll stay the same for Eternal then, no doubt.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes the Glory Kill, that's what I was thinking of. I see then, no need to worry about ammo, just movement. XD Doom is about sitting back and enjoying killing everything in sight.

I suppose it'll stay the same for Eternal then, no doubt.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Here is the video from QuakeCon

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Here is the video from QuakeCon

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That hookshot (Meat Hook) is absolutely fantastic! It plays well into the strengths of the last game in terms of movement speed and feel and just amplifies it! I also love that you can cancel a hook mid-pull to combo into another move; it's beautiful!

Also love the varied level design (in terms of linearity) and the color palette being more than just fleshy colors and dank metal rooms.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That hookshot (Meat Hook) is absolutely fantastic! It plays well into the strengths of the last game in terms of movement speed and feel and just amplifies it! I also love that you can cancel a hook mid-pull to combo into another move; it's beautiful!

Also love the varied level design (in terms of linearity) and the color palette being more than just fleshy colors and dank metal rooms.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface