Doom (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That gameplay footage alone makes this a day one buy and a guarantee for shooter of the year when it comes out.
I love that the level design is more open this time around and less linear in how you explore it. I also wonder if invasions will replace the multiplayer mode of the last Doom game since it wasn't really that popular.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That gameplay footage alone makes this a day one buy and a guarantee for shooter of the year when it comes out.
I love that the level design is more open this time around and less linear in how you explore it. I also wonder if invasions will replace the multiplayer mode of the last Doom game since it wasn't really that popular.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What was the multiplayer in Doom (2016) even? Completely forgot there was any.

Gameplay looked cool, did like the hook shot adding more to movement, and that the areas seem more open too. Sounds good to hear you can team up with whoever 'invades' your campaign. Not so much fight them.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

Gameplay looked cool, did like the hook shot adding more to movement, and that the areas seem more open too. Sounds good to hear you can team up with whoever 'invades' your campaign. Not so much fight them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2018, 07:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Pretty much what any game involving guns would have, deathmatch, maybe some capture based mode, etc. I know you could get a powerup to turn into a demon in the multiplayer which was one of the shining points of it so I expect that's why the invasion mechanic has come about.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2018, 07:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Pretty much what any game involving guns would have, deathmatch, maybe some capture based mode, etc. I know you could get a powerup to turn into a demon in the multiplayer which was one of the shining points of it so I expect that's why the invasion mechanic has come about.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this is new or something that got mentioned before now, but Doom Eternal has a 1UP pickup that essentially revives you where you die instead of sending you back to the last checkpoint:

I wonder if it'll be available on all difficulties or just the easier ones. Also, will it revive you on the last platform you were on if you die from falling into a pit? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this is new or something that got mentioned before now, but Doom Eternal has a 1UP pickup that essentially revives you where you die instead of sending you back to the last checkpoint:

I wonder if it'll be available on all difficulties or just the easier ones. Also, will it revive you on the last platform you were on if you die from falling into a pit? Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
At first thought it was going to be another kind of checkpoint from where pick the 1UP from, but that wouldn't be as good as reviving around where you just died. Perhaps harder difficulties they'll be rarer, and none on the hardest difficulty I'd imagine? I know there tends to be quite a few difficulties (5 in Doom 2016). If judging by that, perhaps same amount for the two easy skill levels (or same as Normal), average amount in Normal, less in Hard, even less or none in nightmare.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
At first thought it was going to be another kind of checkpoint from where pick the 1UP from, but that wouldn't be as good as reviving around where you just died. Perhaps harder difficulties they'll be rarer, and none on the hardest difficulty I'd imagine? I know there tends to be quite a few difficulties (5 in Doom 2016). If judging by that, perhaps same amount for the two easy skill levels (or same as Normal), average amount in Normal, less in Hard, even less or none in nightmare.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Played Doom VFR last week for the first time with my Aim Controller. I like it better than Doom 2016, a lot better, but from what I’ve read it’s a lot shorter.

Being in the Doom Universe yourself is the ultimate goal they were trying to achieve with the original. The whole point of first person is immersion and in VR you are in the game.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Played Doom VFR last week for the first time with my Aim Controller. I like it better than Doom 2016, a lot better, but from what I’ve read it’s a lot shorter.

Being in the Doom Universe yourself is the ultimate goal they were trying to achieve with the original. The whole point of first person is immersion and in VR you are in the game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Doom Eternal Gameplay Footage, Story Trailer, and Battlemode Reveal
During Bethesda's E3 2019 briefing, a story trailer, new gameplay footage, and the all new Battlemode were shown off.

In Battlemode, one fully kitted out Doom Slayer will go up against two player controlled demons in a three round battle to the death of skill vs. strategy.

Doom Eternal releases on November 22.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Doom Eternal Gameplay Footage, Story Trailer, and Battlemode Reveal
During Bethesda's E3 2019 briefing, a story trailer, new gameplay footage, and the all new Battlemode were shown off.

In Battlemode, one fully kitted out Doom Slayer will go up against two player controlled demons in a three round battle to the death of skill vs. strategy.

Doom Eternal releases on November 22.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know when exactly Bethesda revealed this, but the artwork for the steel book edition for Doom Eternal is fucking insane:

[Image: D--XzVXXsAIw-9c.jpg]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know when exactly Bethesda revealed this, but the artwork for the steel book edition for Doom Eternal is fucking insane:

[Image: D--XzVXXsAIw-9c.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is actually sick af. I would totally get that steelbook edition Wow

This game, from what I've been hearing, is turning out to be quite amazing and that has me very excited to see it through to release Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is actually sick af. I would totally get that steelbook edition Wow

This game, from what I've been hearing, is turning out to be quite amazing and that has me very excited to see it through to release Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meet Doom Eternal's New Demon — Doom Hunter
A new demon — the Doom Hunter — was revealed yesterday during QuakeCon!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meet Doom Eternal's New Demon — Doom Hunter
A new demon — the Doom Hunter — was revealed yesterday during QuakeCon!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doom Eternal Delayed Until March 2020
Doom Eternal has been delayed until March 20, 2020 for all announced platforms except Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo Switch version was not included with this date, and is presumably coming at a later time.

Bethesda Wrote:
Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board. 

To make sure we’re delivering the best experience — for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish — we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020.  We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is worth the wait.

In addition to shifting the DOOM Eternal launch date, we’ve made a couple other changes we wanted you to know about:
  • Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
  • DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
  • DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
We are grateful to every DOOM fan for your dedication and support – we can’t wait to rip-and-tear right alongside you.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doom Eternal Delayed Until March 2020
Doom Eternal has been delayed until March 20, 2020 for all announced platforms except Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo Switch version was not included with this date, and is presumably coming at a later time.

Bethesda Wrote:
Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board. 

To make sure we’re delivering the best experience — for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish — we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020.  We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is worth the wait.

In addition to shifting the DOOM Eternal launch date, we’ve made a couple other changes we wanted you to know about:
  • Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
  • DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
  • DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
We are grateful to every DOOM fan for your dedication and support – we can’t wait to rip-and-tear right alongside you.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new trailer was released today for Doom Eternal. It looks so good! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new trailer was released today for Doom Eternal. It looks so good! Grin

WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
2016 DOOM was pretty good. It kind of made me think of Halo in a strange way. Seeing as I don't own a XB1 to play the current Halo games on a regular basis.

I'm going to wait for Eternal to get a 20 dollar cheap sale or something.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
2016 DOOM was pretty good. It kind of made me think of Halo in a strange way. Seeing as I don't own a XB1 to play the current Halo games on a regular basis.

I'm going to wait for Eternal to get a 20 dollar cheap sale or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,901 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,967 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,830 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface