Gacha Games/Store Practices | Split from UCT
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, there goes another $400 down the gacha drain and I didn't even achieve what I was aiming for. Pain.

So, how's everyone else doing today?
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, there goes another $400 down the gacha drain and I didn't even achieve what I was aiming for. Pain.

So, how's everyone else doing today?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well speaking of pain I almost died in Minecraft right at the end of grinding 30 levels of experience, and had I died I'd have lost it all. Not as painful maybe as your $400 though. XD

Otherwise I'm doing good I suppose. What about you, besides the gacha pains? Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well speaking of pain I almost died in Minecraft right at the end of grinding 30 levels of experience, and had I died I'd have lost it all. Not as painful maybe as your $400 though. XD

Otherwise I'm doing good I suppose. What about you, besides the gacha pains? Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good. I have the day off, which is good because today brings the start of a re-run event in Azur Lane, a new event in Arknights and I think the final phase of the current Genshin event also unlocked today, so I have lots to do. Gonna put on some Breaking Benjamin and get to grinding.

Also because "Dear Agony" is a fitting song after my painful failure of trying to pull six copies of the new 6* in Arknights. I guess it was only a matter of time before Arknights finally screwed me, after I had such good luck the first year of the game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good. I have the day off, which is good because today brings the start of a re-run event in Azur Lane, a new event in Arknights and I think the final phase of the current Genshin event also unlocked today, so I have lots to do. Gonna put on some Breaking Benjamin and get to grinding.

Also because "Dear Agony" is a fitting song after my painful failure of trying to pull six copies of the new 6* in Arknights. I guess it was only a matter of time before Arknights finally screwed me, after I had such good luck the first year of the game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does Arknights have duplicate items? If not then at least getting bad stuff means it goes out of the pool. Otherwise, oof.

I'm going to mention it in "How Was Your Day/Week?" but I can't wait to state this now before my day is over, the store I work at has decided to run the grocery department so badly this week that they seriously asked me to work stock while I'm still not medically cleared to do so. That was then followed up with being told I'm back to working stock as usual from tomorrow, just to bail them out even though I'm still recovering. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does Arknights have duplicate items? If not then at least getting bad stuff means it goes out of the pool. Otherwise, oof.

I'm going to mention it in "How Was Your Day/Week?" but I can't wait to state this now before my day is over, the store I work at has decided to run the grocery department so badly this week that they seriously asked me to work stock while I'm still not medically cleared to do so. That was then followed up with being told I'm back to working stock as usual from tomorrow, just to bail them out even though I'm still recovering. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yep, fuck gacha games Smile

Also, fuck retail! Grin

That has been your daily report from Shira, back to your local news at 11.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yep, fuck gacha games Smile

Also, fuck retail! Grin

That has been your daily report from Shira, back to your local news at 11.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Mar 25th, 2021, 11:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nah, you just pull for characters, and you can get dupes of them (which unlocks potential for them, up to six times. After that, any dupes you pull you can just convert into certificates for the shop). I attempted to pull the six dupes for the new 6* required to get her to maximum potential, but only ended up getting four of the six I needed. 

Alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Up to this point I've had pretty amazing luck pulling in Arknights, and never really had to go in hard for any character. I figured I could get her done pretty easily, since I was able to full potential W during the anniversary for less than $200, and she shared a banner with another 6*, so the 50/50 was split between those two. Since Surtr, the new character, is the only 6* on the banner, I thought I could get six dupes pretty easily. Little did I know that today was going to be the day Arknights finally decided to cut off my good luck. 

Could always be worse though. Could have taken $800 like Ganyu did in Genshin.  Whistle

Thanks Joe Biden for the $1400 to throw at gacha games!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Mar 25th, 2021, 11:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nah, you just pull for characters, and you can get dupes of them (which unlocks potential for them, up to six times. After that, any dupes you pull you can just convert into certificates for the shop). I attempted to pull the six dupes for the new 6* required to get her to maximum potential, but only ended up getting four of the six I needed. 

Alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Up to this point I've had pretty amazing luck pulling in Arknights, and never really had to go in hard for any character. I figured I could get her done pretty easily, since I was able to full potential W during the anniversary for less than $200, and she shared a banner with another 6*, so the 50/50 was split between those two. Since Surtr, the new character, is the only 6* on the banner, I thought I could get six dupes pretty easily. Little did I know that today was going to be the day Arknights finally decided to cut off my good luck. 

Could always be worse though. Could have taken $800 like Ganyu did in Genshin.  Whistle

Thanks Joe Biden for the $1400 to throw at gacha games!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you stop because the money spent got too high, or because you just ran out? I'm curious if you'd keep going if you had the disposable income to do so. XD

Also, morning/afternoon everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you stop because the money spent got too high, or because you just ran out? I'm curious if you'd keep going if you had the disposable income to do so. XD

Also, morning/afternoon everyone. Hope you're all doing well.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I stopped because I didn't want to spend any more at the time. I could have definitely put in more, but didn't feel like it.

But yeah, I'd go in hard if I had enough money. Like if I was a millionaire/billionaire, I'd definitely be top 5 whales in Genshin right now, haha.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I stopped because I didn't want to spend any more at the time. I could have definitely put in more, but didn't feel like it.

But yeah, I'd go in hard if I had enough money. Like if I was a millionaire/billionaire, I'd definitely be top 5 whales in Genshin right now, haha.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I imagine if you were a millionaire that you'd single handedly fund one of your games for the next few years just from pulling for one character repeatedly. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I imagine if you were a millionaire that you'd single handedly fund one of your games for the next few years just from pulling for one character repeatedly. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, if I had that kind of money, I'd definitely be the top whale in Arknights. I'd have every single operator at max potential, max level, max skill mastery -- everything.

I love Arknights and would be okay with dropping hoards of cold, hard cash on the game.

I'd probably have all characters at full constellation levels in Genshin too, if I'm being honest.

But of course I'm talking if I was so rich that I used a bundle of 100s to wipe my forehead when I'm sweating.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, if I had that kind of money, I'd definitely be the top whale in Arknights. I'd have every single operator at max potential, max level, max skill mastery -- everything.

I love Arknights and would be okay with dropping hoards of cold, hard cash on the game.

I'd probably have all characters at full constellation levels in Genshin too, if I'm being honest.

But of course I'm talking if I was so rich that I used a bundle of 100s to wipe my forehead when I'm sweating.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you try to use that money to add anything Miku related to those games? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you try to use that money to add anything Miku related to those games? XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah. The one thing I can't stand are whales who think they deserve to be able to change the game because of how much money they've spent on it. No matter how much money you spend on a gacha game, the devs owe you nothing. I spend on games like Arknights because I really, really enjoy them, not because I hope to eventually get myself in the devs favor.

I know an ex-Arknights content creator who was like that. He thought that because he spent a lot on the game, that the devs should have listened to him and did what he wanted. When they didn't, and he felt slighted because they wouldn't acknowledge him, he left the game under the premise that the community was "toxic." Later found out that he was actually a very shitty person. Would send his fanbase out to attack other Arknights content creators and took credit for strategies that the Chinese community of the game came up with long before the English version of the game ever came out.

Unfortunately he moved over to the Genshin community and is currently acting like he's the king of Genshin and everyone should hail to him, being toxic as shit. Hopefully eventually he gets ran out of the GI community like he did the Arknights community.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah. The one thing I can't stand are whales who think they deserve to be able to change the game because of how much money they've spent on it. No matter how much money you spend on a gacha game, the devs owe you nothing. I spend on games like Arknights because I really, really enjoy them, not because I hope to eventually get myself in the devs favor.

I know an ex-Arknights content creator who was like that. He thought that because he spent a lot on the game, that the devs should have listened to him and did what he wanted. When they didn't, and he felt slighted because they wouldn't acknowledge him, he left the game under the premise that the community was "toxic." Later found out that he was actually a very shitty person. Would send his fanbase out to attack other Arknights content creators and took credit for strategies that the Chinese community of the game came up with long before the English version of the game ever came out.

Unfortunately he moved over to the Genshin community and is currently acting like he's the king of Genshin and everyone should hail to him, being toxic as shit. Hopefully eventually he gets ran out of the GI community like he did the Arknights community.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Good point. I'd be surprised someone like that even has an audience still, but it's likely made up of people just like them and I've seen streams on Twitch that are by people who seem to just be awful and yet the chat is supporting them.

I guess you could just use the money to help fund a Miku game to let the developers achieve something they don't have the funds to spare on maybe. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Good point. I'd be surprised someone like that even has an audience still, but it's likely made up of people just like them and I've seen streams on Twitch that are by people who seem to just be awful and yet the chat is supporting them.

I guess you could just use the money to help fund a Miku game to let the developers achieve something they don't have the funds to spare on maybe. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, his community is full of little children who act just as entitled as arrogant as he does, and any time he does something stupid and gets called out for it, they are there in an instant to white knight for him and kiss his ass on demand.

His community is one of the most toxic I've seen from a YouTuber/Twitch Streamer. Sadly he gained immense viewership with Genshin Impact (went from averaging 100-500 to averaging 5,000+), so his toxic/obnoxious/arrogant behavior as unfortunately rewarded him, which is very sad.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, his community is full of little children who act just as entitled as arrogant as he does, and any time he does something stupid and gets called out for it, they are there in an instant to white knight for him and kiss his ass on demand.

His community is one of the most toxic I've seen from a YouTuber/Twitch Streamer. Sadly he gained immense viewership with Genshin Impact (went from averaging 100-500 to averaging 5,000+), so his toxic/obnoxious/arrogant behavior as unfortunately rewarded him, which is very sad.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I'll stick to only Genshin myself. I might put in a little more for pulling but not any more than that.
I was aware of the term "whales, but think I get the gist of it, just those who are throwing money at the game, showing off and claiming they're the best, and are streaming/content creating. That guy sounds absolutely terrible and I'm ashamed they're part of the community. I wasn't going to ask, but I must know who they are to avoid them at all costs. Who is it?

Daily Savings is here in the UK, yay. Glad I woke at a reasonable time to kind of not lose an hour. Although I laid in bed awake, so that was wasted. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I'll stick to only Genshin myself. I might put in a little more for pulling but not any more than that.
I was aware of the term "whales, but think I get the gist of it, just those who are throwing money at the game, showing off and claiming they're the best, and are streaming/content creating. That guy sounds absolutely terrible and I'm ashamed they're part of the community. I wasn't going to ask, but I must know who they are to avoid them at all costs. Who is it?

Daily Savings is here in the UK, yay. Glad I woke at a reasonable time to kind of not lose an hour. Although I laid in bed awake, so that was wasted. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,129 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 569 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 91 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 725 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 300 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng