Games/Series That You Dropped/Fell Off Of?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sometimes I think of games or series that I was into where I didn't finish the game or didn't continue buying/playing games in a series, and was wondering what instances everyone else here has had in relation to those moments.

I think Tekken might be the biggest series I was into that I dropped, considering I have every single game except Tekken 7. I'd say my interest in the games started to wane at Tekken 6, since I didn't like changes that were made to the series with that game, and even though I went on to get Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I never finished the game. Not finishing that is why I didn't get Tekken 7, and since I mostly cared about the story of that game I just watched it on YouTube instead.

Dead Space was another, where I have the first two games, but never got the third one because I again, don't like what they did for it. It wasn't helped that I felt co-op spoiled Resident Evil 5 (it's a good game but not necessarily a good Resident Evil game) and seeing it in Dead Space 3 just rubbed me the wrong way so I avoided it at launch, and I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube instead and was glad I hadn't picked it up, since while it didn't look like a bad game a lot of it didn't give me the vibes I wanted from a Dead Space game (and clearly many others felt the same way since it didn't perform well enough for the series to continue).
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sometimes I think of games or series that I was into where I didn't finish the game or didn't continue buying/playing games in a series, and was wondering what instances everyone else here has had in relation to those moments.

I think Tekken might be the biggest series I was into that I dropped, considering I have every single game except Tekken 7. I'd say my interest in the games started to wane at Tekken 6, since I didn't like changes that were made to the series with that game, and even though I went on to get Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I never finished the game. Not finishing that is why I didn't get Tekken 7, and since I mostly cared about the story of that game I just watched it on YouTube instead.

Dead Space was another, where I have the first two games, but never got the third one because I again, don't like what they did for it. It wasn't helped that I felt co-op spoiled Resident Evil 5 (it's a good game but not necessarily a good Resident Evil game) and seeing it in Dead Space 3 just rubbed me the wrong way so I avoided it at launch, and I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube instead and was glad I hadn't picked it up, since while it didn't look like a bad game a lot of it didn't give me the vibes I wanted from a Dead Space game (and clearly many others felt the same way since it didn't perform well enough for the series to continue).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Tekken may be a series I'll stop getting but it all depends on if I get a really good PC or PS5 when Tekken 8 comes, which probably won't be for a very long time as T7 has done so well and has had more DLC, possibly another season after the 4th.

The Last of Us is a proper one for me. I don't know when I'll be bothered to finish my playthrough of the first game, I should've done it by now. Partly because I've not been properly into the survival horror genre but yes I did really enjoy what I had played. Also what because of what Part 2 is, there's some things about it I'm not keen on and generally lost interest, but I did watch a playthrough of most of the story.

In a way the Mario series as a whole is, but mainly because I haven't bought a game since MK8D, before that...M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. Nothing has piqued my interest enough to buy anything, although I for sure will play the games I have got and remember them fondly. I know I've missed out on great games (Galaxy, Odyssey, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 3), but I feel nothing to the fact I have done so. "Oh no! Anyway..."

By extension of the above, Paper Mario series. Yeah....first three awesome the three after not my cup of tea. Origami King (what I saw of it) was a step in the right direction but it needed to be a leap so to speak for me.

What else, er WWE games. Had a bunch from 2001-2007 games plus 2K14 (which I got for free), but nothing since. Mostly from my disinterest and no longer watching any of the real show anymore from turning PG, but also lacking the means to watch live back when I was interested to when I stopped caring outside of Wrestlemania (Oh my it's today!). 2K14 was great though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Tekken may be a series I'll stop getting but it all depends on if I get a really good PC or PS5 when Tekken 8 comes, which probably won't be for a very long time as T7 has done so well and has had more DLC, possibly another season after the 4th.

The Last of Us is a proper one for me. I don't know when I'll be bothered to finish my playthrough of the first game, I should've done it by now. Partly because I've not been properly into the survival horror genre but yes I did really enjoy what I had played. Also what because of what Part 2 is, there's some things about it I'm not keen on and generally lost interest, but I did watch a playthrough of most of the story.

In a way the Mario series as a whole is, but mainly because I haven't bought a game since MK8D, before that...M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. Nothing has piqued my interest enough to buy anything, although I for sure will play the games I have got and remember them fondly. I know I've missed out on great games (Galaxy, Odyssey, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 3), but I feel nothing to the fact I have done so. "Oh no! Anyway..."

By extension of the above, Paper Mario series. Yeah....first three awesome the three after not my cup of tea. Origami King (what I saw of it) was a step in the right direction but it needed to be a leap so to speak for me.

What else, er WWE games. Had a bunch from 2001-2007 games plus 2K14 (which I got for free), but nothing since. Mostly from my disinterest and no longer watching any of the real show anymore from turning PG, but also lacking the means to watch live back when I was interested to when I stopped caring outside of Wrestlemania (Oh my it's today!). 2K14 was great though.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Harry Potter games are a big one for me.

For Christmas 2001, I got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone... and, I loved it. There were so many puzzles to solve, challenges to navigate, and most of all, secret areas and Wizard Cards to discover. And the stealth sequence where you had to sneak past Argus Filch was really quite intense for a kid's game Tongue .

Naturally, for Christmas 2002, I progressed to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... and, once again, I loved it. This was essentially a bigger and more polished version of Philosopher's Stone: some assets were re-used, and others were upgraded, but it offered the same core gameplay experience, with more spells and more secrets to discover. Sadly, it didn't have a stealth sequence this time, but it did have some fun minigames, like Quidditch and duelling!

Things started to go a bit downhill when I got Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This game came out in 2004, but for some reason, I didn't get hold of it until a year later, in 2005. It still offered some of the same gameplay as the previous two entries - and, being able to play as Ron and Hermione was a nice touch. Sadly, the secret-hunting (that I loved so much about the previous two games) took a back seat - and, the minigames were repetitive Sad . I still liked this game, but it wasn't as good as the previous two IMO.

Then we have Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I saw that the reviews were pretty awful: the graphics looked dumb, the challenges were repetitive, and - worst of all - the secret-hunting was completely gone. I didn't even bother getting this game.

I did, however, get back on board for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, in 2007. The main selling point of this game was that it offered a complete rendition of Hogwarts Castle, as it existed in the movies. This was fun to explore in and of itself - but, on top of this, there were also plenty of little minigames and hidden rewards to find, so there was a lot of fun to be had with this game. Sadly, the game also had some serious issues: the controls were irksome (due to it being ported across from consoles); some of the content was blatant padding (such as the "Tidy up Hogwarts" quests); and, for all the work that went into the game, the finished product lacked atmosphere Sad .

That was the end of the Harry Potter series of games for me. I heard that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was better: it apparently brought back some of the things from the earlier games that had gone missing, so I would probably have enjoyed it. However, the Deathly Hallows games were just poor-quality shooters, which would have done absolutely nothing for me.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Harry Potter games are a big one for me.

For Christmas 2001, I got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone... and, I loved it. There were so many puzzles to solve, challenges to navigate, and most of all, secret areas and Wizard Cards to discover. And the stealth sequence where you had to sneak past Argus Filch was really quite intense for a kid's game Tongue .

Naturally, for Christmas 2002, I progressed to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... and, once again, I loved it. This was essentially a bigger and more polished version of Philosopher's Stone: some assets were re-used, and others were upgraded, but it offered the same core gameplay experience, with more spells and more secrets to discover. Sadly, it didn't have a stealth sequence this time, but it did have some fun minigames, like Quidditch and duelling!

Things started to go a bit downhill when I got Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This game came out in 2004, but for some reason, I didn't get hold of it until a year later, in 2005. It still offered some of the same gameplay as the previous two entries - and, being able to play as Ron and Hermione was a nice touch. Sadly, the secret-hunting (that I loved so much about the previous two games) took a back seat - and, the minigames were repetitive Sad . I still liked this game, but it wasn't as good as the previous two IMO.

Then we have Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I saw that the reviews were pretty awful: the graphics looked dumb, the challenges were repetitive, and - worst of all - the secret-hunting was completely gone. I didn't even bother getting this game.

I did, however, get back on board for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, in 2007. The main selling point of this game was that it offered a complete rendition of Hogwarts Castle, as it existed in the movies. This was fun to explore in and of itself - but, on top of this, there were also plenty of little minigames and hidden rewards to find, so there was a lot of fun to be had with this game. Sadly, the game also had some serious issues: the controls were irksome (due to it being ported across from consoles); some of the content was blatant padding (such as the "Tidy up Hogwarts" quests); and, for all the work that went into the game, the finished product lacked atmosphere Sad .

That was the end of the Harry Potter series of games for me. I heard that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was better: it apparently brought back some of the things from the earlier games that had gone missing, so I would probably have enjoyed it. However, the Deathly Hallows games were just poor-quality shooters, which would have done absolutely nothing for me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Apr 11th, 2021, 09:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
In a way the Mario series as a whole is...I know I've missed out on great games (Galaxy, Odyssey, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 3), but I feel nothing to the fact I have done so. "Oh no! Anyway..."

GET THIS MAN SOME HELP, HE'S LOST IT Shock

Seriously how can you think that you're NOT missing out on some of the best game experiences Mario has to offer? This is YOUR BRAND!

I can't say I've really fallen off many "series". I'll always come back to try new entries if they're done right. I suppose Paper Mario is one, for the reasons EL stated.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In a way the Mario series as a whole is...I know I've missed out on great games (Galaxy, Odyssey, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 3), but I feel nothing to the fact I have done so. "Oh no! Anyway..."

Seriously how can you think that you're NOT missing out on some of the best game experiences Mario has to offer? This is YOUR BRAND!

I can't say I've really fallen off many "series". I'll always come back to try new entries if they're done right. I suppose Paper Mario is one, for the reasons EL stated.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Apr 14th, 2021, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah I do need help. XD Got no one to enjoy or get excited with. Maybe then I'll be back. I just don't look for Platformers anymore and that's what Mario is mostly about. I'd say RPGs are more for me but I don't have many I've bought recently either and the ones I do have also ending up in my backlog of games yet to play too, so I dunno... D=

What else, Need for Speed I guess. I got Underground 2 and Most Wanted but after that I lost interest. I played a demo of Carbon I believe on PC once, but didn't want anymore.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Apr 14th, 2021, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah I do need help. XD Got no one to enjoy or get excited with. Maybe then I'll be back. I just don't look for Platformers anymore and that's what Mario is mostly about. I'd say RPGs are more for me but I don't have many I've bought recently either and the ones I do have also ending up in my backlog of games yet to play too, so I dunno... D=

What else, Need for Speed I guess. I got Underground 2 and Most Wanted but after that I lost interest. I played a demo of Carbon I believe on PC once, but didn't want anymore.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Yeah, your experience with Harry Potter is very similar to mine. I loved the first game, and got games 2-4 on PS2 where it started off very strong and by the 4th game was awful. I had GoF and I never finished it because of how the player constantly has to revisit the same areas to do different things before they can progress to a new area. Felt more like one of those top-down dungeon crawler games half the time. OotP was the last one I got, and it was a return to some of the form that had been lost but it didn't really capture that magical feeling very often like the older games did. I think the art style contributed to that, since once GoF came the art style went for more realism. What version of CoS did you play?

@Mr EliteL: I fell off the WWE games mostly because I stopped watching the product rather than no longer enjoying the games, although when I tried to get back into the series with one of the 2K games it just had a lot of problems with presentation that I couldn't get into it for very long. Somehow the attempt of more realism and simulation makes the game look worse than earlier games on the PS2 where the limited graphics somehow make the game age better.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Yeah, your experience with Harry Potter is very similar to mine. I loved the first game, and got games 2-4 on PS2 where it started off very strong and by the 4th game was awful. I had GoF and I never finished it because of how the player constantly has to revisit the same areas to do different things before they can progress to a new area. Felt more like one of those top-down dungeon crawler games half the time. OotP was the last one I got, and it was a return to some of the form that had been lost but it didn't really capture that magical feeling very often like the older games did. I think the art style contributed to that, since once GoF came the art style went for more realism. What version of CoS did you play?

@Mr EliteL: I fell off the WWE games mostly because I stopped watching the product rather than no longer enjoying the games, although when I tried to get back into the series with one of the 2K games it just had a lot of problems with presentation that I couldn't get into it for very long. Somehow the attempt of more realism and simulation makes the game look worse than earlier games on the PS2 where the limited graphics somehow make the game age better.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

I'm in this camp with you. After the glory days of 2D Mario games, I just couldn't really get into 3D Mario games. SM64 was fun, but I never liked it nearly as much as SMB3 or SMW, so I never even bothered continuing with Mario games after that. Can't say I'm really sad or feel like I'm missing out, because I never felt much of anything watching people play Sunshine/Galaxy/Odyssey. 

The only other series I can think of that I fell off of was Final Fantasy. Once the series started to nosedive after X, and eventually hit rock bottom with stinkers like the XIII Trilogy and XV, I just stopped caring about it outside of re-releases of older games. Though I will say that XVI looks like it might have promise. Looks like they are going back to a high fantasy setting and less of a sci-fi/high tech fantasy setting, and I'm liking that. It reminds me of when IX released, going back to the fantasy roots after VII and VIII were really steampunk, so hopefully history repeats itself and XVI can be amazing like IX is.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

I'm in this camp with you. After the glory days of 2D Mario games, I just couldn't really get into 3D Mario games. SM64 was fun, but I never liked it nearly as much as SMB3 or SMW, so I never even bothered continuing with Mario games after that. Can't say I'm really sad or feel like I'm missing out, because I never felt much of anything watching people play Sunshine/Galaxy/Odyssey. 

The only other series I can think of that I fell off of was Final Fantasy. Once the series started to nosedive after X, and eventually hit rock bottom with stinkers like the XIII Trilogy and XV, I just stopped caring about it outside of re-releases of older games. Though I will say that XVI looks like it might have promise. Looks like they are going back to a high fantasy setting and less of a sci-fi/high tech fantasy setting, and I'm liking that. It reminds me of when IX released, going back to the fantasy roots after VII and VIII were really steampunk, so hopefully history repeats itself and XVI can be amazing like IX is.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 21st, 2021, 08:40 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
After the glory days of 2D Mario games, I just couldn't really get into 3D Mario games. SM64 was fun, but I never liked it nearly as much as SMB3 or SMW, so I never even bothered continuing with Mario games after that. Can't say I'm really sad or feel like I'm missing out, because I never felt much of anything watching people play Sunshine/Galaxy/Odyssey.
Would you get Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe since it's a 2D game, or do you find the later 2D Mario games to not be that intriguing either?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 21st, 2021, 08:40 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
After the glory days of 2D Mario games, I just couldn't really get into 3D Mario games. SM64 was fun, but I never liked it nearly as much as SMB3 or SMW, so I never even bothered continuing with Mario games after that. Can't say I'm really sad or feel like I'm missing out, because I never felt much of anything watching people play Sunshine/Galaxy/Odyssey.
Would you get Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe since it's a 2D game, or do you find the later 2D Mario games to not be that intriguing either?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I probably wouldn't bother, just because I just don't really care to get back into the Mario series at all, unless they remake/make a sequel of Super Mario RPG. Otherwise, I find myself becoming bored with the Collect-a-thon games like most Mario games have become since SM64.

Oh, another series I guess I can technically say I fell off of is The Legend of Zelda. Back when A Link Between Worlds released, that was the first new Zelda game I bought and played in years. But aside from that, and the OoT and MM 3DS ports, I just stopped caring about the series. Twilight Princess and Skywards Sword never looked all that good (plus I didn't have the systems to play them) and obviously everyone here knows I think very, very little of Breath of the Wild. The remake of Link's Awakening would have been more enticing if the art style didn't suck and I doubt Breath of the Wild 2 will do anything majorly different to draw me in compared to the first game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I probably wouldn't bother, just because I just don't really care to get back into the Mario series at all, unless they remake/make a sequel of Super Mario RPG. Otherwise, I find myself becoming bored with the Collect-a-thon games like most Mario games have become since SM64.

Oh, another series I guess I can technically say I fell off of is The Legend of Zelda. Back when A Link Between Worlds released, that was the first new Zelda game I bought and played in years. But aside from that, and the OoT and MM 3DS ports, I just stopped caring about the series. Twilight Princess and Skywards Sword never looked all that good (plus I didn't have the systems to play them) and obviously everyone here knows I think very, very little of Breath of the Wild. The remake of Link's Awakening would have been more enticing if the art style didn't suck and I doubt Breath of the Wild 2 will do anything majorly different to draw me in compared to the first game.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Tekken is one that I fell off of too. I started on Tekken 2, got 3, TT, 4, 5 but then stopped. I didn't really care for 6 and I was super interested in TT2 but never got it. I played T7 on PS Now since I got a free month of it and I liked it but just not a must have series for me. Street Fighter is another one. I dropped it when I got into Tekken. I did buy SFV though but never did much playing other than beating the story.

Tales of is another one. I started the series on Graces F, got Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zesteria. Never got Berseria and now I'm just not really interested but that's due to their massive size and having a kid now. Can't spend hours and hours diving into a game anymore.
[Image: 2_24_05_19_10_25_51.png]
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Tekken is one that I fell off of too. I started on Tekken 2, got 3, TT, 4, 5 but then stopped. I didn't really care for 6 and I was super interested in TT2 but never got it. I played T7 on PS Now since I got a free month of it and I liked it but just not a must have series for me. Street Fighter is another one. I dropped it when I got into Tekken. I did buy SFV though but never did much playing other than beating the story.

Tales of is another one. I started the series on Graces F, got Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zesteria. Never got Berseria and now I'm just not really interested but that's due to their massive size and having a kid now. Can't spend hours and hours diving into a game anymore.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I stopped playing/supporting the Disgaea series of games because I felt after the third one that it was just the same game play, just with a different story line. Honestly, I kind of got sick of it & stopped playing the series out right after the third game launched.

Another series I was made to stop playing was Wild Arms because there has been no more Wild Arms game since the PS2 era. Sad
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I stopped playing/supporting the Disgaea series of games because I felt after the third one that it was just the same game play, just with a different story line. Honestly, I kind of got sick of it & stopped playing the series out right after the third game launched.

Another series I was made to stop playing was Wild Arms because there has been no more Wild Arms game since the PS2 era. Sad
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly for me I think it would be I wouldn't say I fell off Mario entirely, but I am not rushing to pick up the next Mario release and I really liked Odyssey but the spin off games, paper mario, or the likes I can't really say I pick them up.

I haven't bought a Zelda game in the longest time probably since Twilight Princess.

Honestly I am considering adding Pokemon to this list I love Pokemon, but I'm not really sure if the next Pokemon game is really going to be enough to get me back into them.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly for me I think it would be I wouldn't say I fell off Mario entirely, but I am not rushing to pick up the next Mario release and I really liked Odyssey but the spin off games, paper mario, or the likes I can't really say I pick them up.

I haven't bought a Zelda game in the longest time probably since Twilight Princess.

Honestly I am considering adding Pokemon to this list I love Pokemon, but I'm not really sure if the next Pokemon game is really going to be enough to get me back into them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2021, 09:43 PM)Karo Wrote:
I drop Pokemon so badly that I've played three games and for two of them I dropped off right after the last gym. I tried Sw/Sh but I just couldn't care to keep going and I don't even know if I reached the first gym in that one. I think the problem for me is that what pushes me forward is exploring new routes and getting the Pokemon on them, and by the time I reach the last gym I've not really got many routes left and the Elite Four just come off to me as "here's four more gyms and any plot this game had isn't going to be present here" so it just doesn't make me care to go fight them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2021, 09:43 PM)Karo Wrote:
I drop Pokemon so badly that I've played three games and for two of them I dropped off right after the last gym. I tried Sw/Sh but I just couldn't care to keep going and I don't even know if I reached the first gym in that one. I think the problem for me is that what pushes me forward is exploring new routes and getting the Pokemon on them, and by the time I reach the last gym I've not really got many routes left and the Elite Four just come off to me as "here's four more gyms and any plot this game had isn't going to be present here" so it just doesn't make me care to go fight them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah yeah, Pokemon is another one for me as well. Gen V killed it for me, and I haven't even really bothered with Gens VI-VIII since. Pokemon Legends looks like it might be able to get me to pick up a Pokemon game again, but outside of that, there's no Pokemon games that even look remotely worth playing any more.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah yeah, Pokemon is another one for me as well. Gen V killed it for me, and I haven't even really bothered with Gens VI-VIII since. Pokemon Legends looks like it might be able to get me to pick up a Pokemon game again, but outside of that, there's no Pokemon games that even look remotely worth playing any more.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm probably on and off Pokémon, at the moment off. Started with the early cartoon and Pokémon cards and up to the first 4 films, no games, fell off all that until I got Pokémon White, HeartGold and Black 2/White 2 but barely played BW2. Fell off again then got Shield, but not interested in DLC for that plus next to zero interest of the latest announced games. Just watching from a far really. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm probably on and off Pokémon, at the moment off. Started with the early cartoon and Pokémon cards and up to the first 4 films, no games, fell off all that until I got Pokémon White, HeartGold and Black 2/White 2 but barely played BW2. Fell off again then got Shield, but not interested in DLC for that plus next to zero interest of the latest announced games. Just watching from a far really. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,127 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 568 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 91 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 725 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 300 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng