Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that was silly on their part, it's like they didn't test or consider the effect the change would've done to her C2. Good it's getting reverted, even if it ends up still targeting attackable objects in the middle of a fight in the overworld. Just...add a little 0 on the end of the compensation plz. *shot*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that was silly on their part, it's like they didn't test or consider the effect the change would've done to her C2. Good it's getting reverted, even if it ends up still targeting attackable objects in the middle of a fight in the overworld. Just...add a little 0 on the end of the compensation plz. *shot*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
With the Covid lockdown in China/Shanghai it's quite possible 2.7 will be delayed, and people are talking about it. Seems there are many people who are getting angered about the delay even though it's completely reasonable to expect there to be one. An event from 2.6 with the Serenitea Pot looks like it will be getting pushed back because of the predicament too. The workers shouldn't be forced to get 2.7 ready on time for the idiots not caring about their safety, I'm happy to patiently wait. There's also mentions of a possibly third banner or an Ayaka banner extension, although since there was a Keqing one before in-between Xiao and Hu Tao's original runs, I'd imagine there could be the third banner for 2.6 which could be a character needing a rerun (Klee, Kazuha, Yoimiya) or the Itto or Xiao leaks, just maybe not a 5* from Standard again. In a way I don't want Kazuha to be the in-between as it could be short lived, he needs a full length run because loads of players will be wishing for him. Then again poor Klee and Yoimiya will very likely be skipped, so would a Standard 5*.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
With the Covid lockdown in China/Shanghai it's quite possible 2.7 will be delayed, and people are talking about it. Seems there are many people who are getting angered about the delay even though it's completely reasonable to expect there to be one. An event from 2.6 with the Serenitea Pot looks like it will be getting pushed back because of the predicament too. The workers shouldn't be forced to get 2.7 ready on time for the idiots not caring about their safety, I'm happy to patiently wait. There's also mentions of a possibly third banner or an Ayaka banner extension, although since there was a Keqing one before in-between Xiao and Hu Tao's original runs, I'd imagine there could be the third banner for 2.6 which could be a character needing a rerun (Klee, Kazuha, Yoimiya) or the Itto or Xiao leaks, just maybe not a 5* from Standard again. In a way I don't want Kazuha to be the in-between as it could be short lived, he needs a full length run because loads of players will be wishing for him. Then again poor Klee and Yoimiya will very likely be skipped, so would a Standard 5*.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,724
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Wait, China is going back into COVID lockdowns? Lol. I haven't cared about COVID in months, so I haven't paid any attention to anything relating to it.

Oh well, if 2.7 gets delayed, that's just more reason to give all of my time/attention to the Tower of Fantasy beta and ignore Genshin until things get moving again.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,724 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Wait, China is going back into COVID lockdowns? Lol. I haven't cared about COVID in months, so I haven't paid any attention to anything relating to it.

Oh well, if 2.7 gets delayed, that's just more reason to give all of my time/attention to the Tower of Fantasy beta and ignore Genshin until things get moving again.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Genshin Impact 2.7 Officially Delayed
I didn't realise this was announced two days ago, and I'm sure you two are aware of it but if somehow you're not, 2.7 has officially been delayed.

What compensation do you hope/think will be given out in light of this?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Genshin Impact 2.7 Officially Delayed
I didn't realise this was announced two days ago, and I'm sure you two are aware of it but if somehow you're not, 2.7 has officially been delayed.

What compensation do you hope/think will be given out in light of this?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I kinda was informed (via YT) but didn't check it out officially so wasn't 100% sure of the delay, but yeah it was to be expected really. Think I've seen a teaser trailer leaked perhaps, as in not by Genshin's own YT account but was just showing Yelan and Kuki, and had an image at the end with them both, Itto, Xiao and Yanfei so judging by that, 2.7 will indeed have reruns for Xiao and Itto.

As for compensation, I honestly want anything because I'm aware of what is likely the cause, unless the compensation is a third banner period for 2.6 to make up the time until 2.7 can come out. If there's Primogems and further Serenitea Realm Currency too then so be it. Not fussed on the amount.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I kinda was informed (via YT) but didn't check it out officially so wasn't 100% sure of the delay, but yeah it was to be expected really. Think I've seen a teaser trailer leaked perhaps, as in not by Genshin's own YT account but was just showing Yelan and Kuki, and had an image at the end with them both, Itto, Xiao and Yanfei so judging by that, 2.7 will indeed have reruns for Xiao and Itto.

As for compensation, I honestly want anything because I'm aware of what is likely the cause, unless the compensation is a third banner period for 2.6 to make up the time until 2.7 can come out. If there's Primogems and further Serenitea Realm Currency too then so be it. Not fussed on the amount.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's gonna have to be something significant. This delay is going to be a huge blow to the game and there's going to be a lot of players leaving the game if they don't give something that makes the wait worthwhile.

Especially with the Tower of Fantasy beta going on right now. As someone who is in the beta and getting to experience what ToF is like, this delay definitely makes me consider the idea of maybe dropping Genshin and putting all of my eggs in the Tower of Fantasy basket instead. Because if MiHoYo thinks that 90 Primogems and running a worthless standard character banner is going to be enough to make up for the delay, then they are delusional.

We'll see if Genshin can survive this. Especially if the rumors of it being a three week delay are true. Pretty fucking annoying that it might end up pushing the Kazuha re-run another month back.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's gonna have to be something significant. This delay is going to be a huge blow to the game and there's going to be a lot of players leaving the game if they don't give something that makes the wait worthwhile.

Especially with the Tower of Fantasy beta going on right now. As someone who is in the beta and getting to experience what ToF is like, this delay definitely makes me consider the idea of maybe dropping Genshin and putting all of my eggs in the Tower of Fantasy basket instead. Because if MiHoYo thinks that 90 Primogems and running a worthless standard character banner is going to be enough to make up for the delay, then they are delusional.

We'll see if Genshin can survive this. Especially if the rumors of it being a three week delay are true. Pretty fucking annoying that it might end up pushing the Kazuha re-run another month back.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Isn't 2.7 just two new characters though? Like is postponing that for however long really going to be bad enough that players leave over it? Unsure

Also if people were to leave over a delayed update, it makes it sound like the main reason a lot of people care for this game is the updates, and that if one day it was announced there will be no further updates that everyone would leave because the game doesn't have enough to offer already that would make people want to keep coming back. Unsure

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Isn't 2.7 just two new characters though? Like is postponing that for however long really going to be bad enough that players leave over it? Unsure

Also if people were to leave over a delayed update, it makes it sound like the main reason a lot of people care for this game is the updates, and that if one day it was announced there will be no further updates that everyone would leave because the game doesn't have enough to offer already that would make people want to keep coming back. Unsure
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Gacha games live and die by their content. No new content gives people reason to jump ship and find a new game to play. I'm currently playing a gacha game called Revived Witch that is bleeding players because the content updates are so few and far between.

Every patch cycle brings with it a new character or two + highly anticipated character re-runs + a host of events and content to clear. Without those new events to do, there's no content for veteran players to do aside from burn their Resin and do their Dallies (maybe 10-15 worth of play time every day).

MiHoYo has already been on thin ice with the fanbase since the "Anniversary debacle", so if they botch the compensation for this, I fear the ice might finally break. MiHoYo has to be especially careful with Tower of Fantasy looming on the horizon and that Seven Deadly Sins game that's basically a Genshin clone also coming up later this year. This whole thing is just going to make it harder for MiHoYo to make those other games less appealing over Genshin.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Gacha games live and die by their content. No new content gives people reason to jump ship and find a new game to play. I'm currently playing a gacha game called Revived Witch that is bleeding players because the content updates are so few and far between.

Every patch cycle brings with it a new character or two + highly anticipated character re-runs + a host of events and content to clear. Without those new events to do, there's no content for veteran players to do aside from burn their Resin and do their Dallies (maybe 10-15 worth of play time every day).

MiHoYo has already been on thin ice with the fanbase since the "Anniversary debacle", so if they botch the compensation for this, I fear the ice might finally break. MiHoYo has to be especially careful with Tower of Fantasy looming on the horizon and that Seven Deadly Sins game that's basically a Genshin clone also coming up later this year. This whole thing is just going to make it harder for MiHoYo to make those other games less appealing over Genshin.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was meaning to ask what you do every session once you're finished with the event content. Sounds similar to AC:NH where a lot of the time is spent just doing 10 minutes of daily things when there's no progression left to do and no events happening, so I can see now how people would jump ship quickly when there's nothing notable left to do for an extended period.

If you were to drop this game would you go back to it down the line @Dragon Lord when the content drops start up regularly again? Or do you think you'd stick entirely to whatever game you move onto?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was meaning to ask what you do every session once you're finished with the event content. Sounds similar to AC:NH where a lot of the time is spent just doing 10 minutes of daily things when there's no progression left to do and no events happening, so I can see now how people would jump ship quickly when there's nothing notable left to do for an extended period.

If you were to drop this game would you go back to it down the line @Dragon Lord when the content drops start up regularly again? Or do you think you'd stick entirely to whatever game you move onto?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally I have close to or actual zero interest in any other games, either like Genshin or anything else new and have two accounts worth to keep me going, plus wanting to get every character I use to have decent to the best I can give them builds. So yeah I'm going to be playing for however long. Putting it that way though about Hoyoverse need to make sure the wait's worth it with compensation then I can understand that part, especially with ToF and other competition. So basically we need a Kazuha banner in-between to keep players interested as he's the top most wanted character, and not a Standard, Klee or Yoimiya unfortunately. Although once every one has him, they're probably going to start complaining everything is easy clear, or boring if we get events like the ones in Irodori (me included). Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally I have close to or actual zero interest in any other games, either like Genshin or anything else new and have two accounts worth to keep me going, plus wanting to get every character I use to have decent to the best I can give them builds. So yeah I'm going to be playing for however long. Putting it that way though about Hoyoverse need to make sure the wait's worth it with compensation then I can understand that part, especially with ToF and other competition. So basically we need a Kazuha banner in-between to keep players interested as he's the top most wanted character, and not a Standard, Klee or Yoimiya unfortunately. Although once every one has him, they're probably going to start complaining everything is easy clear, or boring if we get events like the ones in Irodori (me included). Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this is definitely official but I just saw that the plan for compensation is a weekly drop of the following:
  • Primogem x400
  • Fragile Resin x1
  • Hero's Wit x7
  • Mystic Enchantment Ore x16
  • Mora x120,000
Apparently this will start from May 11 and be repeated every week until 2.7 drops.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this is definitely official but I just saw that the plan for compensation is a weekly drop of the following:
  • Primogem x400
  • Fragile Resin x1
  • Hero's Wit x7
  • Mystic Enchantment Ore x16
  • Mora x120,000
Apparently this will start from May 11 and be repeated every week until 2.7 drops.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It is official, and it's an absolute fucking joke. 2.7 needs to be delayed for an entire month just to get 10 pulls out of this "compensation."

The one Fragile Resin is pathetic (gives 60 Resin), the 7 Hero's Wits are less than running two Leylines worth, I can make 30 Mystic Enhancement Ores a day via the Blacksmith, so getting 16 for an entire week is an absolute joke, and the 120,000 Mora is pocket change compared to what you need for high level upgrades.

I expected MiHoYo to be cheap on the compensation for this, but holy fuck is this bad. Insert "I expect nothing, and I'm still disappointed." meme here.

To make it even more insulting to the players, it was just reported that Genshin has made over 3 Billion dollars off of the mobile version alone, and this is all they can manage to give players? Absolutely pathetic.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It is official, and it's an absolute fucking joke. 2.7 needs to be delayed for an entire month just to get 10 pulls out of this "compensation."

The one Fragile Resin is pathetic (gives 60 Resin), the 7 Hero's Wits are less than running two Leylines worth, I can make 30 Mystic Enhancement Ores a day via the Blacksmith, so getting 16 for an entire week is an absolute joke, and the 120,000 Mora is pocket change compared to what you need for high level upgrades.

I expected MiHoYo to be cheap on the compensation for this, but holy fuck is this bad. Insert "I expect nothing, and I'm still disappointed." meme here.

To make it even more insulting to the players, it was just reported that Genshin has made over 3 Billion dollars off of the mobile version alone, and this is all they can manage to give players? Absolutely pathetic.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 6th, 2022, 02:26 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
...the 7 Hero's Wits are less than running two Leylines worth...
What's a Leyline?

I saw that, and that apparently the game rakes in like $1 billion every 6 months. Not sure if that was across all versions or just the mobile version.

I don't know if it's possible but is there a way to put a monetary value on the entire compensation package? I'm not sure how many of those items can be purchased in some form with real currency to figure it out myself.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What's a Leyline?

I saw that, and that apparently the game rakes in like $1 billion every 6 months. Not sure if that was across all versions or just the mobile version.

I don't know if it's possible but is there a way to put a monetary value on the entire compensation package? I'm not sure how many of those items can be purchased in some form with real currency to figure it out myself.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(May 8th, 2022, 12:30 AM)Moonface Wrote:
What's a Leyline?
A Leyline is a mist on the open world you can activate to start a small challenge fight, beating it wins you Mora (game currency) or EXP books, as long as you have Resin to claim the reward. You can choose which one as there's yellow for Mora and blue for EXP books both available at the same time in different locations, and every region has one of each. Another spawns in the region after finishing a Leyline.

Also yeah the compensation is quite low. I'm not too grumpy about but main, it should've been 1600 primos each week, or have some set Fates too. Definitely more on Mora and such. Suppose I don't complain too much as I will get them twice in the end. Ah well.  Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(May 8th, 2022, 12:30 AM)Moonface Wrote:
What's a Leyline?
A Leyline is a mist on the open world you can activate to start a small challenge fight, beating it wins you Mora (game currency) or EXP books, as long as you have Resin to claim the reward. You can choose which one as there's yellow for Mora and blue for EXP books both available at the same time in different locations, and every region has one of each. Another spawns in the region after finishing a Leyline.

Also yeah the compensation is quite low. I'm not too grumpy about but main, it should've been 1600 primos each week, or have some set Fates too. Definitely more on Mora and such. Suppose I don't complain too much as I will get them twice in the end. Ah well.  Meh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

I'm a little surprised they would want to show off another new character when there's not even an ETA on when the other new stuff that got delayed is even coming.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

I'm a little surprised they would want to show off another new character when there's not even an ETA on when the other new stuff that got delayed is even coming.