Genshin Impact | 4.5 Special Program on March 1
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sorry for the double post, but a new patch released for the game, and I just want to discuss it here.

So, I thought the game was running a little worse than usual after 1.50 came out, and it turns out I was right. I noticed that the lag for picking up items was extremely worse, a ton more lag when trying to switch characters, and the game was lagging to the point where I could no longer dash-cancel out of Hu Tao's charged attacks very well any more, nor could I dash/jump cancel Klee's charged attacks either.

Turns out there was a problem after all. Patch 1.50 killed the performance of the game. So MiHoYo released patch 1.51 tonight, which improves the performance of the game, and boy, is it noticeable. Not even just because of the issues that 1.50 brought, but it's noticeable from how the game performed before then even. Since the patch installed, I haven't noticed any lag when picking up items, which makes catching Crystalflies SO MUCH EASIER. I've read that people are reporting that Venti's Burst will no longer lag your game so bad that you can't even switch characters if more than three or four enemies get sucked into it. Someone said they were able to pop Venti's Burst, Ganyu's Burst and have Klee blowing everything up and there was minimal frame drop. 

I also personally noticed much better framerates inside of the cities as well. There's still a little bit of choppiness here and there when you're running around and moving your camera, but the game is running probalby better than it ever has on base PS4 and PS4 Pro, which is really nice because it was looking like MiHoYo wasn't going to care about PS4 at all and leave the game performing in a sub-par state. So it's nice to see them not only fix the 1.50 performance issues, but also get the game in a better state than it was before that. 

They apparently also fixed the framerate issues on the newly released PS5 version of the game, so now that is running as well as advertised, which is great news. When I heard that the PS5 version was running a worse framerate than playing the PS4 version on PS5, I was worried for the future of that port. It's very, very good to see MiHoYo finally paying attention to the problems of the console ports and actually do something to address them. Playing the game on PS4 feels better than ever right now, and I hope they continue to try to optimize it, instead of just pushing this patch out and then ditching the PS4 version to fully focus on the PS5 veresion.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sorry for the double post, but a new patch released for the game, and I just want to discuss it here.

So, I thought the game was running a little worse than usual after 1.50 came out, and it turns out I was right. I noticed that the lag for picking up items was extremely worse, a ton more lag when trying to switch characters, and the game was lagging to the point where I could no longer dash-cancel out of Hu Tao's charged attacks very well any more, nor could I dash/jump cancel Klee's charged attacks either.

Turns out there was a problem after all. Patch 1.50 killed the performance of the game. So MiHoYo released patch 1.51 tonight, which improves the performance of the game, and boy, is it noticeable. Not even just because of the issues that 1.50 brought, but it's noticeable from how the game performed before then even. Since the patch installed, I haven't noticed any lag when picking up items, which makes catching Crystalflies SO MUCH EASIER. I've read that people are reporting that Venti's Burst will no longer lag your game so bad that you can't even switch characters if more than three or four enemies get sucked into it. Someone said they were able to pop Venti's Burst, Ganyu's Burst and have Klee blowing everything up and there was minimal frame drop. 

I also personally noticed much better framerates inside of the cities as well. There's still a little bit of choppiness here and there when you're running around and moving your camera, but the game is running probalby better than it ever has on base PS4 and PS4 Pro, which is really nice because it was looking like MiHoYo wasn't going to care about PS4 at all and leave the game performing in a sub-par state. So it's nice to see them not only fix the 1.50 performance issues, but also get the game in a better state than it was before that. 

They apparently also fixed the framerate issues on the newly released PS5 version of the game, so now that is running as well as advertised, which is great news. When I heard that the PS5 version was running a worse framerate than playing the PS4 version on PS5, I was worried for the future of that port. It's very, very good to see MiHoYo finally paying attention to the problems of the console ports and actually do something to address them. Playing the game on PS4 feels better than ever right now, and I hope they continue to try to optimize it, instead of just pushing this patch out and then ditching the PS4 version to fully focus on the PS5 veresion.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Apr 29th, 2021, 10:28 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@queenzelda : That's understandable, it does take a while to build up lots of Primos and the two Fates item to get Wishes. How far did you get and did you use what you had earned at least?
Yea, I used the 'free pulls' I was given & I got a new character & a bunch of swords I didn't need.  XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Apr 29th, 2021, 10:28 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@queenzelda : That's understandable, it does take a while to build up lots of Primos and the two Fates item to get Wishes. How far did you get and did you use what you had earned at least?
Yea, I used the 'free pulls' I was given & I got a new character & a bunch of swords I didn't need.  XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Earning Primos is actually pretty easy. Like any Gacha game, if you're not willing to spend, you just have to save up and be a little more picky on which banners you pull on, but you can get a good 10,000+ Primos a month just saving up from doing dallies, events, getting your hands on any valid primo codes, etc..

You can also do some minor spending and dip it on the Blessing of the Welkin Moon pass to receive 300 Genesis Crystals (can be converted in 300 Primo Gems) and 2,700 Primo Gems over the course of 30 days. For the price point ($4.99), it gives enough value over the 30 days to be more than worth it. People who enjoy the game even more can go a step further and buy the Gnostic Hymn/Gnostic Chorus passes for the Battle Pass that unlock a ton of resources, gives multiple Fragile Resins and also provide 5 of each type of Fate. This one is obviously a bit more of a cost, but is worth it for people who intend to stay dedicated to the game.

Otherwise, staying completely F2P, you just have to pick and choose your pulls a lot more strictly. But even then, you can clear the hardest content in the game with the four free characters the game gives you (Aether/Lumine, Amber, Kaeya and Lisa), so the game doesn't actually lock you out of anything by not spending. Can you do it easier/faster with 5* characters? Of course, but it's not impossible even using the "worst" characters in the game. Plus every now and then the game throws additional free characters at the player (we've gotten Fischl, Barbara and now Diona as free characters from events).

Spending money quickens the pace at which you can clear content, buy by no means does not spending lock you out of being able to do anything in the game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Earning Primos is actually pretty easy. Like any Gacha game, if you're not willing to spend, you just have to save up and be a little more picky on which banners you pull on, but you can get a good 10,000+ Primos a month just saving up from doing dallies, events, getting your hands on any valid primo codes, etc..

You can also do some minor spending and dip it on the Blessing of the Welkin Moon pass to receive 300 Genesis Crystals (can be converted in 300 Primo Gems) and 2,700 Primo Gems over the course of 30 days. For the price point ($4.99), it gives enough value over the 30 days to be more than worth it. People who enjoy the game even more can go a step further and buy the Gnostic Hymn/Gnostic Chorus passes for the Battle Pass that unlock a ton of resources, gives multiple Fragile Resins and also provide 5 of each type of Fate. This one is obviously a bit more of a cost, but is worth it for people who intend to stay dedicated to the game.

Otherwise, staying completely F2P, you just have to pick and choose your pulls a lot more strictly. But even then, you can clear the hardest content in the game with the four free characters the game gives you (Aether/Lumine, Amber, Kaeya and Lisa), so the game doesn't actually lock you out of anything by not spending. Can you do it easier/faster with 5* characters? Of course, but it's not impossible even using the "worst" characters in the game. Plus every now and then the game throws additional free characters at the player (we've gotten Fischl, Barbara and now Diona as free characters from events).

Spending money quickens the pace at which you can clear content, buy by no means does not spending lock you out of being able to do anything in the game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I didn't notice your post about the 1.51 update, wondered what the fix was about and glad it was about performance issues. I remember there being a delay randomly for items but thought it was just me. XD

It's been 8 days and so far I got almost over 2k primos since I stopped using that for pulling, think I was at 2580 and now at 4689, would've been more if I had not got side tracked. Got my Welkin on May 2nd as I forgot to do it on the 1st. Still have the two new Hangout Events to do, challenge two domains in the Energy Amplifier Event and the Twisted Realm to do. For some reason I really thought The Chasm was going to open up as we have the mine just outside it, and Zhongli's story quest took part there but that's for another time I guess. Do we know where abouts Inazuma will open up on the World Map? To the West of Liyue/Lisha, North or North-West Mondstadt/Stormterror's Lair or Qingce Village?

I was wondering how easy the Cryo Hypostasis would be with a top Hu Tao build, and yeah you proved it is simple.
I had a hard time with the that at first, had to retreat as my first team did bad. Still in a way does as it takes me longer to finish it off, keep running out of stamina when taking out the armor when it's near death. I've still got a long way until I can start one shotting or even setting up for a one shot on any of the bosses.

Chests are also good for collecting Pimos, say you go out of your way hunting for them for the trophies and they open for at least 2 Primos each, 1200 = 15 Wishes, although does take time for that. I noticed after achieving the trophy for 800 in Liyue, 800 is in no way the limit for chests, I've already opened at least 10 more without the compass, and a number of that was today too. Achievements build up too with 5, 10 or 20 primos each.
I have 23 characters, 5 given to me for free, 10 new from when I was purely F2P (5* Klee included in that), 8 from Wishes after buying Genesis Crystals and possibly 1 of those may have been after I had exhausted the majority of it but got them through the Stardust/Starglitter usage on Fates.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I didn't notice your post about the 1.51 update, wondered what the fix was about and glad it was about performance issues. I remember there being a delay randomly for items but thought it was just me. XD

It's been 8 days and so far I got almost over 2k primos since I stopped using that for pulling, think I was at 2580 and now at 4689, would've been more if I had not got side tracked. Got my Welkin on May 2nd as I forgot to do it on the 1st. Still have the two new Hangout Events to do, challenge two domains in the Energy Amplifier Event and the Twisted Realm to do. For some reason I really thought The Chasm was going to open up as we have the mine just outside it, and Zhongli's story quest took part there but that's for another time I guess. Do we know where abouts Inazuma will open up on the World Map? To the West of Liyue/Lisha, North or North-West Mondstadt/Stormterror's Lair or Qingce Village?

I was wondering how easy the Cryo Hypostasis would be with a top Hu Tao build, and yeah you proved it is simple.
I had a hard time with the that at first, had to retreat as my first team did bad. Still in a way does as it takes me longer to finish it off, keep running out of stamina when taking out the armor when it's near death. I've still got a long way until I can start one shotting or even setting up for a one shot on any of the bosses.

Chests are also good for collecting Pimos, say you go out of your way hunting for them for the trophies and they open for at least 2 Primos each, 1200 = 15 Wishes, although does take time for that. I noticed after achieving the trophy for 800 in Liyue, 800 is in no way the limit for chests, I've already opened at least 10 more without the compass, and a number of that was today too. Achievements build up too with 5, 10 or 20 primos each.
I have 23 characters, 5 given to me for free, 10 new from when I was purely F2P (5* Klee included in that), 8 from Wishes after buying Genesis Crystals and possibly 1 of those may have been after I had exhausted the majority of it but got them through the Stardust/Starglitter usage on Fates.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Inazuma will be to the East of Liyue. It's across the ocean of Liyue, and there's no room on the map south or west of Liyue for that (the Chasm is west of Liyue anyways). This is further proven by where Beidou's ship is anchored (west of Liyue Harbor over by the Ganyun Stone Forest), because Beidou will likely be the one bringing the Traveler into Inazuma, since the border is closed and we'll need to sneak into the country. What better way than via pirates?

But yeah, 1.6 is going to bring us some islands that are part of Inazuma, with the mainland coming probably in 2.0 if I had to guess. So we'll get a very small taste of the new land, but won't be getting the whole cake for a bit yet.

And yes, there are way more chests than just what the trophies require. I've had those trophies for a long while now and I still come across chests that I missed here and there. Been playing the game since day 1, over 1,000 hours logged and about to hit AR56, and there's still chests around I haven't found. Just goes to show how much there is to do in this game if you want to get absolutely everything.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Inazuma will be to the East of Liyue. It's across the ocean of Liyue, and there's no room on the map south or west of Liyue for that (the Chasm is west of Liyue anyways). This is further proven by where Beidou's ship is anchored (west of Liyue Harbor over by the Ganyun Stone Forest), because Beidou will likely be the one bringing the Traveler into Inazuma, since the border is closed and we'll need to sneak into the country. What better way than via pirates?

But yeah, 1.6 is going to bring us some islands that are part of Inazuma, with the mainland coming probably in 2.0 if I had to guess. So we'll get a very small taste of the new land, but won't be getting the whole cake for a bit yet.

And yes, there are way more chests than just what the trophies require. I've had those trophies for a long while now and I still come across chests that I missed here and there. Been playing the game since day 1, over 1,000 hours logged and about to hit AR56, and there's still chests around I haven't found. Just goes to show how much there is to do in this game if you want to get absolutely everything.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thought I replied to this, but ooh alright the right side will open up. Even if it's a little bit like Dragonspine size (for things to do and explore, not another mountain exactly) for the first part we're getting will be good for a while, would rather them spend more time instead of rushing to get all of Inazuma out straight away.

Yeah like I mentioned in Last Game Played, ultimately didn't do any Windtrace even if I did miss out on Primogems. Really wasn't interested. Did make me regret not doing Co-Op on the Amplifier event because I needed to for the last domain with the Abyss Herald constantly getting healed from respawning Hilichurls. I was too down on not being able to do anything to hit the Co-Op button and just wanted to get stronger myself, still haven't done much progress though. Ah, speaking of going to update my character list for seeing personal progression. Everything bolded is new/updated.

Do like Eula, favourite Claymore at the moment so kinda building where I can. Which means I'm using or have used all my Ice characters, kinda stopped Rosaria for now though. Yanfei felt like mini Klee or a 4-star Klee so wasn't using her and left her, but I do have her at C6 now after wishing a bit more on Zhongli's banner for Pity before Eula's so maybe later.
Found a team so I can handle the Cryo Hypostasis better, I use Klee/Xiangling/Zhongli/Fischl, and can beat it entirely once I have the health down so it can heal itself, I unleash Klee and Xiangling's burst to destroy it, yay. XD 

The new event letting you use trial characters is fun, getting to see how good they can be when they're built up well in a proper run and in a full team. I haven't needed to use Albedo yet, didn't even need him in the Plunging one as he can make a platform for you to get on and plunge attack on enemies but with the updrifts already available, Keqing's skill and just using rocks at the side made it possible to not select him for my team. I'll try him out later as I redo just for him though. Got the Elemental and whatever the other was to unlock today/tomorrow left.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thought I replied to this, but ooh alright the right side will open up. Even if it's a little bit like Dragonspine size (for things to do and explore, not another mountain exactly) for the first part we're getting will be good for a while, would rather them spend more time instead of rushing to get all of Inazuma out straight away.

Yeah like I mentioned in Last Game Played, ultimately didn't do any Windtrace even if I did miss out on Primogems. Really wasn't interested. Did make me regret not doing Co-Op on the Amplifier event because I needed to for the last domain with the Abyss Herald constantly getting healed from respawning Hilichurls. I was too down on not being able to do anything to hit the Co-Op button and just wanted to get stronger myself, still haven't done much progress though. Ah, speaking of going to update my character list for seeing personal progression. Everything bolded is new/updated.

Do like Eula, favourite Claymore at the moment so kinda building where I can. Which means I'm using or have used all my Ice characters, kinda stopped Rosaria for now though. Yanfei felt like mini Klee or a 4-star Klee so wasn't using her and left her, but I do have her at C6 now after wishing a bit more on Zhongli's banner for Pity before Eula's so maybe later.
Found a team so I can handle the Cryo Hypostasis better, I use Klee/Xiangling/Zhongli/Fischl, and can beat it entirely once I have the health down so it can heal itself, I unleash Klee and Xiangling's burst to destroy it, yay. XD 

The new event letting you use trial characters is fun, getting to see how good they can be when they're built up well in a proper run and in a full team. I haven't needed to use Albedo yet, didn't even need him in the Plunging one as he can make a platform for you to get on and plunge attack on enemies but with the updrifts already available, Keqing's skill and just using rocks at the side made it possible to not select him for my team. I'll try him out later as I redo just for him though. Got the Elemental and whatever the other was to unlock today/tomorrow left.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, Windtrace was a whole lot of bullshit piled on top of more bullshit. Hunters had way too many advantages in it, and even if you lost as a Hunter, you still got 200-300+ coins for a loss, while Rebels would get 60-90 for losing. What the hell, MiHoYo? AFKing as a Hunter once was worth more coins than losing 3-4 matches as a Rebel.

I'll update my character list as well, since you did yours:

The biggest jump on the list is that Diona went from C1 to C6 while I was puling for Zhongli. Unfortunately Diluc also jumped up two more Constellation levels because the game insists on giving him to me every 50/50 I go for. I finally get Fischl C6 as well while I was pulling for Eula's weapon.

As for Eula herself, I enjoy using her. She's no Hu Tao when it comes to damage, so I don't use her for weekly bosses, but I enjoy using her on the Overworld. She gives me a Claymore user I actually don't mind exploring with. Now I can explore and have someone to break ore with. I do know she's capable of some really good damage, but Hu Tao just melts everything so fast that it's not really worth me swapping to Eula to take on the weekly bosses. I also don't like how bad she is at breaking shields. Even basic wooden shields give her a problem. Of course she's also very helpless against Abyss Mage shields, so she needs a lot of support when facing those types of enemies.

As for the Misty Dungeon event, I would have liked it a lot more if a) the difficulty was slightly increased, b) if the dungeon layout was purely random and not always identical and c) if the character choices were different for each trial, instead of being the same. I tried Albedo once, hated him and then pretty much rolled with Keqing/Mona/Diona/Xinyan for all of the trials after that. The only difference being that I took Sucrose instead of Xinyan for the Ranged Trial and I took Noelle instead of Mona for the Melee or Healing Trial, I forget which. But, it was an interesting event idea, but once again MiHoYo just completely bombed on the execution of it like they have pretty much every event this game has had.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, Windtrace was a whole lot of bullshit piled on top of more bullshit. Hunters had way too many advantages in it, and even if you lost as a Hunter, you still got 200-300+ coins for a loss, while Rebels would get 60-90 for losing. What the hell, MiHoYo? AFKing as a Hunter once was worth more coins than losing 3-4 matches as a Rebel.

I'll update my character list as well, since you did yours:

The biggest jump on the list is that Diona went from C1 to C6 while I was puling for Zhongli. Unfortunately Diluc also jumped up two more Constellation levels because the game insists on giving him to me every 50/50 I go for. I finally get Fischl C6 as well while I was pulling for Eula's weapon.

As for Eula herself, I enjoy using her. She's no Hu Tao when it comes to damage, so I don't use her for weekly bosses, but I enjoy using her on the Overworld. She gives me a Claymore user I actually don't mind exploring with. Now I can explore and have someone to break ore with. I do know she's capable of some really good damage, but Hu Tao just melts everything so fast that it's not really worth me swapping to Eula to take on the weekly bosses. I also don't like how bad she is at breaking shields. Even basic wooden shields give her a problem. Of course she's also very helpless against Abyss Mage shields, so she needs a lot of support when facing those types of enemies.

As for the Misty Dungeon event, I would have liked it a lot more if a) the difficulty was slightly increased, b) if the dungeon layout was purely random and not always identical and c) if the character choices were different for each trial, instead of being the same. I tried Albedo once, hated him and then pretty much rolled with Keqing/Mona/Diona/Xinyan for all of the trials after that. The only difference being that I took Sucrose instead of Xinyan for the Ranged Trial and I took Noelle instead of Mona for the Melee or Healing Trial, I forget which. But, it was an interesting event idea, but once again MiHoYo just completely bombed on the execution of it like they have pretty much every event this game has had.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just going to dump these here for the moment while I'm watching the 1.6 Special Program, which is also linked to:

1st Redemption code: WTNTBYSZJNRD
2nd Redemption code: 8A6ABHTH2N9Z
3rd Redemption code: UTNBBGSZ3NQM
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just going to dump these here for the moment while I'm watching the 1.6 Special Program, which is also linked to:

1st Redemption code: WTNTBYSZJNRD
2nd Redemption code: 8A6ABHTH2N9Z
3rd Redemption code: UTNBBGSZ3NQM
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not sure if this has been announced in any way before now, but if not, here's a trailer for the newest character coming to Genshin:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not sure if this has been announced in any way before now, but if not, here's a trailer for the newest character coming to Genshin:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, Kazuha was announced about two weeks ago with the reveal of the 1.6 update information. I'm not interested in him at all though. He's an Anemo Sub-DPS/ Support, and neither one of those seems very good. We already have Venti for Anemo support, and no character can do what Venti does.

As for a Sub-DPS, Anemo is probably one of the worst elements for that. Better off using an element that can be used for reactions, like Mona (Hydro), Ganyu (Cryo), Rosaria (Cryo), Xiangling (Pryo), etc..

On the bright side, since I already have Klee (who is currently being re-ran) and I have no interest in Kazuha, it means I get about six weeks of just saving up all of my Primo/Fates for 1.7, where we may be getting the long awaited Ayaka and a new 5* Pryo Bow user who looks really awesome. So I'm super excited about the potential of them being released in 1.7 (might not happen, but MiHoYo recently released character art of them, which might be a sign).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, Kazuha was announced about two weeks ago with the reveal of the 1.6 update information. I'm not interested in him at all though. He's an Anemo Sub-DPS/ Support, and neither one of those seems very good. We already have Venti for Anemo support, and no character can do what Venti does.

As for a Sub-DPS, Anemo is probably one of the worst elements for that. Better off using an element that can be used for reactions, like Mona (Hydro), Ganyu (Cryo), Rosaria (Cryo), Xiangling (Pryo), etc..

On the bright side, since I already have Klee (who is currently being re-ran) and I have no interest in Kazuha, it means I get about six weeks of just saving up all of my Primo/Fates for 1.7, where we may be getting the long awaited Ayaka and a new 5* Pryo Bow user who looks really awesome. So I'm super excited about the potential of them being released in 1.7 (might not happen, but MiHoYo recently released character art of them, which might be a sign).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah Kazuha I'll be skipping on, Klee's banner has three 4-star characters I want constellation for at least so I'll be pulling a bit more but saving everything when Kazuha's banner gets here. I did get Klee to C1 which is cool. Grin Did see the leak fiasco of Mihoyo trying to beat leakers, yet of course they get to ruin it more by leaking other stuff. I'm going to only follow Mihoyo from now on and stop looking around or watching videos. For what Mihoyo showed, Ayaka finally coming, a 5-star Pyro Bow Yoimiya, 4-star Anemo Sayu (Claymore?) is welcome for a new 4 star Anemo, not bad at all.

Got my Ganyu to level 88, maxed out my artifacts, got Klee to level 80 and ascended. Just in time for me getting to AR 55 and the new patch, which has been OK so far. I agree with the boat controls being bad, especially during the time trial type event collecting coin insignias, not letting me speed up properly and terrible at turning. It is kinda fun exploring the new islands, not so much when they hadn't sprouted above sea level. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah Kazuha I'll be skipping on, Klee's banner has three 4-star characters I want constellation for at least so I'll be pulling a bit more but saving everything when Kazuha's banner gets here. I did get Klee to C1 which is cool. Grin Did see the leak fiasco of Mihoyo trying to beat leakers, yet of course they get to ruin it more by leaking other stuff. I'm going to only follow Mihoyo from now on and stop looking around or watching videos. For what Mihoyo showed, Ayaka finally coming, a 5-star Pyro Bow Yoimiya, 4-star Anemo Sayu (Claymore?) is welcome for a new 4 star Anemo, not bad at all.

Got my Ganyu to level 88, maxed out my artifacts, got Klee to level 80 and ascended. Just in time for me getting to AR 55 and the new patch, which has been OK so far. I agree with the boat controls being bad, especially during the time trial type event collecting coin insignias, not letting me speed up properly and terrible at turning. It is kinda fun exploring the new islands, not so much when they hadn't sprouted above sea level. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I noticed in the trophy list for this game that it's divided into series, which I assume are content updates with new trophies added to go with the new content. What would you two (plus anyone else who's played) say was the best "series" the game added so far?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I noticed in the trophy list for this game that it's divided into series, which I assume are content updates with new trophies added to go with the new content. What would you two (plus anyone else who's played) say was the best "series" the game added so far?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not really sure what to say about the new trophies they added (I believe it was in 1.4 or 1.5), because all but one of them automatically popped for me when that update came out, haha. The... is it three or four? Well, whatever, the sub-groups of trophies that were added all came in one, single update (again, 1.4 or 1.5), so they weren't added over time with various updates.

They should have been, because one of the trophy groups is strictly for the Dragon Spine area that was released in... 1.3? So having those trophies be new when that area was new would have been more fun. Instead we got them months after Dragon Spine released, so anyone who already cleared that area had all of those trophies unlock the moment they logged in after the patch update.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not really sure what to say about the new trophies they added (I believe it was in 1.4 or 1.5), because all but one of them automatically popped for me when that update came out, haha. The... is it three or four? Well, whatever, the sub-groups of trophies that were added all came in one, single update (again, 1.4 or 1.5), so they weren't added over time with various updates.

They should have been, because one of the trophy groups is strictly for the Dragon Spine area that was released in... 1.3? So having those trophies be new when that area was new would have been more fun. Instead we got them months after Dragon Spine released, so anyone who already cleared that area had all of those trophies unlock the moment they logged in after the patch update.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought the trophy count was too small when I started out. Most of the trophy sets should've been available from the get-go really, or when people started getting into Liyue perhaps, but for sure Dragonspine's should've come in for the 1.3. But at least we know Inazuma will get a set just like the sets for Mondstadt's and Liyue's nations in 1.7, although one might pop up for this current event/patch. Would prefer the trophies come down with updates instead of later if they continue like that, which I hope they don't.

Eula's become my second or third best character for damage now, but still like Klee they're nowhere near my Ganyu at the moment. Forgot I hadn't done a lot of clearing of monster camps in the fourth challenge, so did more there. Still need a bit more to finish emptying the second shop.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought the trophy count was too small when I started out. Most of the trophy sets should've been available from the get-go really, or when people started getting into Liyue perhaps, but for sure Dragonspine's should've come in for the 1.3. But at least we know Inazuma will get a set just like the sets for Mondstadt's and Liyue's nations in 1.7, although one might pop up for this current event/patch. Would prefer the trophies come down with updates instead of later if they continue like that, which I hope they don't.

Eula's become my second or third best character for damage now, but still like Klee they're nowhere near my Ganyu at the moment. Forgot I hadn't done a lot of clearing of monster camps in the fourth challenge, so did more there. Still need a bit more to finish emptying the second shop.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Eula is capable of some devastating damage, but the only bad thing about her is that most of that damage comes from her Burst, which requires playing her in a specific way to maximize her multipliers for her Burst. Overall you're still going to get the most consistent DPS out of Ganyu and Hu Tao over Eula, but if you want the fun of seeing the entire HP bar of a boss melt instantly, Eula is capable of that.

Though I still prefer just using Vaporize with Hu Tao. Hu Tao kills most bosses in less time than it takes to wait for Eula's Burst to go off.

So I decided, after 9 months of playing Genshin, to finally edit my controls around a bit. I changed normal attack to Square, Jump to Circle and Pick up/Interact to X, to be more like other games I play.

I can't wait to see how many times I die because I jump off a cliff and hit X to glide, only to fall to my death. Or to hit Circle to do a plunging attack right before I hit the ground after a long fall, only to die.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Eula is capable of some devastating damage, but the only bad thing about her is that most of that damage comes from her Burst, which requires playing her in a specific way to maximize her multipliers for her Burst. Overall you're still going to get the most consistent DPS out of Ganyu and Hu Tao over Eula, but if you want the fun of seeing the entire HP bar of a boss melt instantly, Eula is capable of that.

Though I still prefer just using Vaporize with Hu Tao. Hu Tao kills most bosses in less time than it takes to wait for Eula's Burst to go off.

So I decided, after 9 months of playing Genshin, to finally edit my controls around a bit. I changed normal attack to Square, Jump to Circle and Pick up/Interact to X, to be more like other games I play.

I can't wait to see how many times I die because I jump off a cliff and hit X to glide, only to fall to my death. Or to hit Circle to do a plunging attack right before I hit the ground after a long fall, only to die.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | Demo Arrives on March 29 Moonface 28 3,793 Mar 27th, 2024, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Moonface