Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably to start the hype train because 2.7 livestream preview is on today, already been on Twitch and as I missed it, I'll watch the YouTube version in a few minutes...or whenever it's on, might be 6PM instead. 2.7's date is for 30th May, and we also got the date for 2.8 too, 13th July. Let's hope no more lockdowns or delays happen again.

Preview Trailer:

The all-important redemption codes from the livestream!

LANVJSFUD6CM
DTNUKTWCC6D9
HSNUKTXCCPWV
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably to start the hype train because 2.7 livestream preview is on today, already been on Twitch and as I missed it, I'll watch the YouTube version in a few minutes...or whenever it's on, might be 6PM instead. 2.7's date is for 30th May, and we also got the date for 2.8 too, 13th July. Let's hope no more lockdowns or delays happen again.

Preview Trailer:

The all-important redemption codes from the livestream!

LANVJSFUD6CM
DTNUKTWCC6D9
HSNUKTXCCPWV
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
3 weeks for that delay isn't too bad in the end. I was expecting it to be AWOL until at least mid-June just because I'm not used to short delays happening without their length being known and shared upfront. Granted my experience with short delays is for releases of full games rather than updates, especially to live service games, so I suspect I was comparing apples to oranges in this instance.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
3 weeks for that delay isn't too bad in the end. I was expecting it to be AWOL until at least mid-June just because I'm not used to short delays happening without their length being known and shared upfront. Granted my experience with short delays is for releases of full games rather than updates, especially to live service games, so I suspect I was comparing apples to oranges in this instance.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 01: The Fascinating Dendro Element
Get your first look at the new element addition, Dendro, as well as parts of the new area, Sumeru, where this element is located.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 01: The Fascinating Dendro Element
Get your first look at the new element addition, Dendro, as well as parts of the new area, Sumeru, where this element is located.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice, some good things for the new element having those different reactions. Kinda knew it was going to be a thing, but we're soon going to play it ourselves (OK we have about a month to 5/6weeks until then) should bring some life back into the game. Well for me there's still plenty to do before then so I need to make sure I'm up to date, at least get the freaking Hangouts done. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice, some good things for the new element having those different reactions. Kinda knew it was going to be a thing, but we're soon going to play it ourselves (OK we have about a month to 5/6weeks until then) should bring some life back into the game. Well for me there's still plenty to do before then so I need to make sure I'm up to date, at least get the freaking Hangouts done. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

OH S***!! This teaser that just released earlier today which came out of nowhere we get to look at the other Harbingers! Liking the designs of all of them. OK, I am even more hype for what's to come now, I'm assuming Sumeru is going to have Dottore as the main villain as he was teased to be in the Genshin manga, I've read what has been translated into English so don't know if there's any more. YES, hopefully his crony Barnabus will be there too.

Wish we had this type of thing more, sudden news or teasers out of the blue. *sigh*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

OH S***!! This teaser that just released earlier today which came out of nowhere we get to look at the other Harbingers! Liking the designs of all of them. OK, I am even more hype for what's to come now, I'm assuming Sumeru is going to have Dottore as the main villain as he was teased to be in the Genshin manga, I've read what has been translated into English so don't know if there's any more. YES, hopefully his crony Barnabus will be there too.

Wish we had this type of thing more, sudden news or teasers out of the blue. *sigh*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 02: Of Rain and Sand
"Sumeru City is nestled among the rainforest, surrounded by ancient trees and rivers. Head westward, and you will step into the realm of dust and sand. Many are the secrets hidden in the rain and sand." - HoyoVerse

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 02: Of Rain and Sand
"Sumeru City is nestled among the rainforest, surrounded by ancient trees and rivers. Head westward, and you will step into the realm of dust and sand. Many are the secrets hidden in the rain and sand." - HoyoVerse

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Haha yes, Sumeru's looking very promising and excited to see the tropical land and the desert. Hope it isn't separate islands like Inazuma was, want a big area like Liyue is, and that it is connected to Mondstadt. Geez, really need to get on to playing the current events in the two that can to do so, plus my 3rd playthrough.

Well, speaking of and that it's the end of Chapter 2/2.8 and 3.0 will be next patch, it's a good time to update my character levels now including talents too. Really need to start building Gorou soon on my Main, and Bennett on my F2P EU.

*=Ascended

I'm about to do the first ascension quest for F2P US, so will alter that once that's complete later today. Just want to get the Geo Hypostasis item for Noelle to ascend her past 40. Barbara needs Oceanid drop too but will do that later.

EDIT: Did the Ascension quest. EDIT 2: Got Xinyan added plus Talents.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Haha yes, Sumeru's looking very promising and excited to see the tropical land and the desert. Hope it isn't separate islands like Inazuma was, want a big area like Liyue is, and that it is connected to Mondstadt. Geez, really need to get on to playing the current events in the two that can to do so, plus my 3rd playthrough.

Well, speaking of and that it's the end of Chapter 2/2.8 and 3.0 will be next patch, it's a good time to update my character levels now including talents too. Really need to start building Gorou soon on my Main, and Bennett on my F2P EU.

*=Ascended

I'm about to do the first ascension quest for F2P US, so will alter that once that's complete later today. Just want to get the Geo Hypostasis item for Noelle to ascend her past 40. Barbara needs Oceanid drop too but will do that later.

EDIT: Did the Ascension quest. EDIT 2: Got Xinyan added plus Talents.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 03: Prelude to Wisdom
"Sumeru continues to be influenced by the legacy of ancient civilizations, but the prelude to new wisdom is also being composed. A new chapter is about to begin amidst a tangled web of factions." - HoyoVerse

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Preview Teaser 03: Prelude to Wisdom
"Sumeru continues to be influenced by the legacy of ancient civilizations, but the prelude to new wisdom is also being composed. A new chapter is about to begin amidst a tangled web of factions." - HoyoVerse

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So glad they finally officially showed off Nahida. I've known about her for several weeks now due to leaks. She is so FUCKING CUTE.

Gonna C6 her just because she's adorable and in spite of all of Genshin Twitter who has been sitting there crying about her "being white" and trashing her since her first leak happened. They coped so hard that is was just an early preview and that MiHoYo would "fix" her before her official reveal, so now they're malding even harder than before and I'm just loving it.

Also definitely want to get Nilou as well. She's super cute as well.

Tighnari and Cyno are super hard and easy skips. Both trash. Dehya will depend on what she plays like, but right now she's leaning more in the "skip" direction.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So glad they finally officially showed off Nahida. I've known about her for several weeks now due to leaks. She is so FUCKING CUTE.

Gonna C6 her just because she's adorable and in spite of all of Genshin Twitter who has been sitting there crying about her "being white" and trashing her since her first leak happened. They coped so hard that is was just an early preview and that MiHoYo would "fix" her before her official reveal, so now they're malding even harder than before and I'm just loving it.

Also definitely want to get Nilou as well. She's super cute as well.

Tighnari and Cyno are super hard and easy skips. Both trash. Dehya will depend on what she plays like, but right now she's leaning more in the "skip" direction.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2022, 02:09 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So glad they finally officially showed off Nahida. I've ...in spite of all of Genshin Twitter who has been sitting there crying about her "being white" and trashing her since her first leak happened. They coped so hard that is was just an early preview and that MiHoYo would "fix" her before her official reveal, so now they're malding even harder than before and I'm just loving it.
I just looked at an image of her and besides having big kawaii style eyes she doesn't look distinctly different to the other characters in terms of an "ethnicity" to me. Huh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2022, 02:09 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So glad they finally officially showed off Nahida. I've ...in spite of all of Genshin Twitter who has been sitting there crying about her "being white" and trashing her since her first leak happened. They coped so hard that is was just an early preview and that MiHoYo would "fix" her before her official reveal, so now they're malding even harder than before and I'm just loving it.
I just looked at an image of her and besides having big kawaii style eyes she doesn't look distinctly different to the other characters in terms of an "ethnicity" to me. Huh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Genshin Twitter believes that all characters in Sumeru should be black/dark skinned because the region is inspired by real world places like the Middle East and Northern Africa (Egypt). Even though MiHoYo has stated from Day 1 that Genshin is 100% fantasy based and while it does take inspiration from real world places, that Genshin would not be a 1:1 faithful replication of those places. But of course Twitter being Twitter, people are throwing absolute rage fits about Nahida being a little white loli instead of a busty tall black woman.  Can't be too surprised though, because that's just stupid ass Americans for you. Gotta turn everything into racism, find a reason to get offended, and then spend months championing for a demographic of people who aren't even offended or bothered by the thing (thankfully I've seen a lot of Middle Easterners on Twitter telling these idiots to fuck off and stop being offended for them). Not even a game like Genshin can escape the stupidity of young/left Americans. 

Putting the next part of what I'm going to say in a spoiler because it does involve a fact about Nahida that has not been officially revealed, and I'm not sure how much Elite wants to avoid knowing about it prior to finding out in-game. So Elite, do not look at this next part if you don't want to know:

Nahida is also the Archon of Sumeru (the region's god), so people are even angrier that she's a little white girl instead. Even though the story behind Nahida's inspiration is a folktale from India involving tree fairies/some figure (can't remember if it's a goddess) who is described as having skin as pale as the moon, and teaches a lesson about not judging a book by its cover (probably going to play in as Nahida being judged by her small stature/being the youngest Archon, but then proving that she's not to be taken lightly). But Genshin Twitter has already gotten on their social justice horses and are on their "muh fantasy anime game needs more RePrEsEnTaTiOn!!"

I for one am absolutely hyped for Nahida. Her design is absolutely adorable and I'm going to C6 her regardless of her gameplay, just to spite all those annoying dipshits on Twitter. Can't wait for her banner to do really well and then see the crying/raging they do over that. The fact that Dendro looks to be a pretty significant buff for Electro means that a lot of people might spend for her to give their Raiden/Yae/Cyno/maybe even Keqing a massive boost. I don't know if she'll beat Raiden's sales, but I think she'll definitely crack into the top 5 (maybe even top 3) highest earning banners.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Genshin Twitter believes that all characters in Sumeru should be black/dark skinned because the region is inspired by real world places like the Middle East and Northern Africa (Egypt). Even though MiHoYo has stated from Day 1 that Genshin is 100% fantasy based and while it does take inspiration from real world places, that Genshin would not be a 1:1 faithful replication of those places. But of course Twitter being Twitter, people are throwing absolute rage fits about Nahida being a little white loli instead of a busty tall black woman.  Can't be too surprised though, because that's just stupid ass Americans for you. Gotta turn everything into racism, find a reason to get offended, and then spend months championing for a demographic of people who aren't even offended or bothered by the thing (thankfully I've seen a lot of Middle Easterners on Twitter telling these idiots to fuck off and stop being offended for them). Not even a game like Genshin can escape the stupidity of young/left Americans. 

Putting the next part of what I'm going to say in a spoiler because it does involve a fact about Nahida that has not been officially revealed, and I'm not sure how much Elite wants to avoid knowing about it prior to finding out in-game. So Elite, do not look at this next part if you don't want to know:

Nahida is also the Archon of Sumeru (the region's god), so people are even angrier that she's a little white girl instead. Even though the story behind Nahida's inspiration is a folktale from India involving tree fairies/some figure (can't remember if it's a goddess) who is described as having skin as pale as the moon, and teaches a lesson about not judging a book by its cover (probably going to play in as Nahida being judged by her small stature/being the youngest Archon, but then proving that she's not to be taken lightly). But Genshin Twitter has already gotten on their social justice horses and are on their "muh fantasy anime game needs more RePrEsEnTaTiOn!!"

I for one am absolutely hyped for Nahida. Her design is absolutely adorable and I'm going to C6 her regardless of her gameplay, just to spite all those annoying dipshits on Twitter. Can't wait for her banner to do really well and then see the crying/raging they do over that. The fact that Dendro looks to be a pretty significant buff for Electro means that a lot of people might spend for her to give their Raiden/Yae/Cyno/maybe even Keqing a massive boost. I don't know if she'll beat Raiden's sales, but I think she'll definitely crack into the top 5 (maybe even top 3) highest earning banners.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Loving that teaser. I won't read that spoiler, although I may have come across it, hope not and hope it's something that I don't know about.

I really do despise the idiots on Twitter getting offended for no real reason and trying to force dark skinned characters because that's what they imagined them to be. You're not the fucking designers you complete morons.  Hmph

Collei, Nahida, Nilou, Dehya and Alhaitham are the characters I'm interested in. Possibly Dori if she's useable perhaps. I'm expecting Collei to be a 4-star, Nilou could be, maybe Dori too but I'm thinking there'll be a double banner unless Dori releases in 3.1 as a 4-star or on the second banner either as a 5-star or along a rerun. Not sure on Alhaitham or Dehya's rarity, at least one a 5-star. Not interested in Tighnari or Cyno, dislike the former's design and Cyno likely won't have anything going for him. As I've got 3 different accounts I have the choice of picking between the ones I'd like to pull for, and should be plenty of time to rack up Primos on each and decide which account can have whom. If Collei is 4-star I'll try and get her in all three as my go-to Dendro other than Traveler, but also because I already like her from the comic. Nahida I'll likely have her join my Main with the other three Archons.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Loving that teaser. I won't read that spoiler, although I may have come across it, hope not and hope it's something that I don't know about.

I really do despise the idiots on Twitter getting offended for no real reason and trying to force dark skinned characters because that's what they imagined them to be. You're not the fucking designers you complete morons.  Hmph

Collei, Nahida, Nilou, Dehya and Alhaitham are the characters I'm interested in. Possibly Dori if she's useable perhaps. I'm expecting Collei to be a 4-star, Nilou could be, maybe Dori too but I'm thinking there'll be a double banner unless Dori releases in 3.1 as a 4-star or on the second banner either as a 5-star or along a rerun. Not sure on Alhaitham or Dehya's rarity, at least one a 5-star. Not interested in Tighnari or Cyno, dislike the former's design and Cyno likely won't have anything going for him. As I've got 3 different accounts I have the choice of picking between the ones I'd like to pull for, and should be plenty of time to rack up Primos on each and decide which account can have whom. If Collei is 4-star I'll try and get her in all three as my go-to Dendro other than Traveler, but also because I already like her from the comic. Nahida I'll likely have her join my Main with the other three Archons.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
There are rumors that Collei will be given for free (not sure if at the start of 3.0 or later, but it's something if true). Also a rumor that Tighnari actually might be added to the standard banner when 3.1 releases, so if that ends up being true, that's even less of a reason to pull for him on his banner.

Nillou is a 5☆. Confirmed by footage of her Burst showing that she has the zoom in/special animation for her Burst that every 5* has. There's not much info on what her roll might be though. She's a one-handed sword Hydro character, which we also have in Ayato for 5☆ and Xinqui for 4☆. If she's a healer, then she's competing with Kokomi. Maybe she'll be a buffer, since the only Hydro character we have that offers any offensive buffs is Mona, who was a launch character. I suppose it's about time for a new one.

Dehya's rarity is a guess right now, but considering that the latest trailer showed her, and everyone else in the video is also a 5☆, that might suggest that she is too. It didn't show any of the 4☆ Sumeru characters we know about so far (Collei and Dori).

Dori sounds like she's going to be another Electro Healer (Claymore), which is kind of odd since we just got Kuki who is also an Electro healer. Maybe Dori will have a bigger emphasis on healing than Kuki has or something.

For me it's just Nilou and Nahida that are going to be getting my attention. Maybe Dehya if she ends up being a 5☆ Xiangling, because if she's another on-field Pyro DPS, I don't need her. Already have Hu Tao, Diluc and Yoimiya, and also Klee if I really ever need a fourth Pyro DPS for some odd reason.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
There are rumors that Collei will be given for free (not sure if at the start of 3.0 or later, but it's something if true). Also a rumor that Tighnari actually might be added to the standard banner when 3.1 releases, so if that ends up being true, that's even less of a reason to pull for him on his banner.

Nillou is a 5☆. Confirmed by footage of her Burst showing that she has the zoom in/special animation for her Burst that every 5* has. There's not much info on what her roll might be though. She's a one-handed sword Hydro character, which we also have in Ayato for 5☆ and Xinqui for 4☆. If she's a healer, then she's competing with Kokomi. Maybe she'll be a buffer, since the only Hydro character we have that offers any offensive buffs is Mona, who was a launch character. I suppose it's about time for a new one.

Dehya's rarity is a guess right now, but considering that the latest trailer showed her, and everyone else in the video is also a 5☆, that might suggest that she is too. It didn't show any of the 4☆ Sumeru characters we know about so far (Collei and Dori).

Dori sounds like she's going to be another Electro Healer (Claymore), which is kind of odd since we just got Kuki who is also an Electro healer. Maybe Dori will have a bigger emphasis on healing than Kuki has or something.

For me it's just Nilou and Nahida that are going to be getting my attention. Maybe Dehya if she ends up being a 5☆ Xiangling, because if she's another on-field Pyro DPS, I don't need her. Already have Hu Tao, Diluc and Yoimiya, and also Klee if I really ever need a fourth Pyro DPS for some odd reason.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Promotional Video
I'm guessing that the teaser videos are done since this is the newest Sumeru video. Have to say it looks really cool!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sumeru Promotional Video
I'm guessing that the teaser videos are done since this is the newest Sumeru video. Have to say it looks really cool!

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The animation in that video is absolutely beautiful and makes me very hopeful for a Genshin Impact anime at some point in time. The story/lore of Genshin is really, really good, but unfortunately they don't translate it very well, so seeing an anime with the story being told in a better way would be wonderful.

Nahida still best girl. Can't wait to throw my entire bank account at that cuteness to C6/R5 her.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The animation in that video is absolutely beautiful and makes me very hopeful for a Genshin Impact anime at some point in time. The story/lore of Genshin is really, really good, but unfortunately they don't translate it very well, so seeing an anime with the story being told in a better way would be wonderful.

Nahida still best girl. Can't wait to throw my entire bank account at that cuteness to C6/R5 her.