Genshin Impact | 4.5 Special Program on March 1
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With the massive popularity of Genshin I feel it's gotta just be a matter of time until an anime gets made of it. I guess it depends on when there's enough story to be able to make enough episodes/seasons without catching up too fast to the game and running out of content to adapt.

Edit: Missed this entirely yesterday; the Version 3.0 Special Program will air on August 13:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With the massive popularity of Genshin I feel it's gotta just be a matter of time until an anime gets made of it. I guess it depends on when there's enough story to be able to make enough episodes/seasons without catching up too fast to the game and running out of content to adapt.

Edit: Missed this entirely yesterday; the Version 3.0 Special Program will air on August 13:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that animation for Sumeru was really great, liked seeing the fight between Cyno and Alhaitham briefly, wonder if that was training or genuine conflict, perhaps Dehya's involved too or just thrown in the middle to give her an appearance. Also cool to know Alhaitham seems to be a sword user, think I knew Cyno is polearm and of course knew what Dehya is.

Ah, the special program is tomorrow. Will catch the 5PM YouTube stream as I'll be at work and don't usually watch the Twitch one at noon.

I did mention this to DL, but dislike the fact the second event for Archipelago finishes this Sunday instead of when the main event completes, which would be right as 2.8 ends and the 3.0 patch takes place. Doubt I'll be able to get that event done on all three of my games, not even one at this rate since I've been procrastinating.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that animation for Sumeru was really great, liked seeing the fight between Cyno and Alhaitham briefly, wonder if that was training or genuine conflict, perhaps Dehya's involved too or just thrown in the middle to give her an appearance. Also cool to know Alhaitham seems to be a sword user, think I knew Cyno is polearm and of course knew what Dehya is.

Ah, the special program is tomorrow. Will catch the 5PM YouTube stream as I'll be at work and don't usually watch the Twitch one at noon.

I did mention this to DL, but dislike the fact the second event for Archipelago finishes this Sunday instead of when the main event completes, which would be right as 2.8 ends and the 3.0 patch takes place. Doubt I'll be able to get that event done on all three of my games, not even one at this rate since I've been procrastinating.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Genshin Impact Version 3.0 | "The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings" Trailer
The Genshin Impact 3.0 update arrives on August 24, which was announced during the official Genshin livestream. Watch "The Morn a Thousand Roases Brings" Genshin Impact 3.0 trailer to see the new region Sumeru, plus some of the new characters in Genshin Impact including Collei, Tighnari, and Dori.

As always, some new codes were revealed in the livestream that can be redeemed for various rewards:
  • 8ANCKTWYVRD5 - 100 Primogems and ten Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • EA7VKTFHU9VR - 100 Primogems and five Hero's Wit
  • KT7DKSFGCRWD - 100 Primogems and 50,000 Mora

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Genshin Impact Version 3.0 | "The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings" Trailer
The Genshin Impact 3.0 update arrives on August 24, which was announced during the official Genshin livestream. Watch "The Morn a Thousand Roases Brings" Genshin Impact 3.0 trailer to see the new region Sumeru, plus some of the new characters in Genshin Impact including Collei, Tighnari, and Dori.

As always, some new codes were revealed in the livestream that can be redeemed for various rewards:
  • 8ANCKTWYVRD5 - 100 Primogems and ten Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • EA7VKTFHU9VR - 100 Primogems and five Hero's Wit
  • KT7DKSFGCRWD - 100 Primogems and 50,000 Mora
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Genshin Impact Verson 3.1 | "King Deshret and the Three Magi" Trailer
Genshin Impact's Version 3.1 update has been announced, and will arrive on September 28th!

The update will introduce the vast deserts of the Sumeru region, where players will uncover the legends of King Deshret and clues to the past buried in the sand. In addition, three Sumeru characters: Candace, Cyno, and Nilou, will join the cast of playable characters.

An in-depth overview of Version 3.1 was posted by the developers over on the PlayStation Blog.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Genshin Impact Verson 3.1 | "King Deshret and the Three Magi" Trailer
Genshin Impact's Version 3.1 update has been announced, and will arrive on September 28th!

The update will introduce the vast deserts of the Sumeru region, where players will uncover the legends of King Deshret and clues to the past buried in the sand. In addition, three Sumeru characters: Candace, Cyno, and Nilou, will join the cast of playable characters.

An in-depth overview of Version 3.1 was posted by the developers over on the PlayStation Blog.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
3.1 doesn't look to be that interesting of a patch for me other than the desert being added, which looks like it's going to be MASSIVE and I can't wait to see what kind of shit we find out there.

Character wise... meh. I'm a bit iffy on Nilou now because I've heard she's been pretty badly nerfed in the beta, and she's come limited to basically one team comp. So... if that ends up proving true, I may skip her for now so I can continue to save up for Nahida, and instead pull Nilou later down the road when she re-runs. I still love her design and want her for that reason, but with Nahida being right behind her, I may opt to skip.

Cyno is a definite skip and Candace is on his banner, so yeah... skipperino.

I look forward to seeing what our first Weekly boss of Sumeru will be though. If they follow the same pattern from Inazuma, then 3.1 should bring the first Weekly of the region.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
3.1 doesn't look to be that interesting of a patch for me other than the desert being added, which looks like it's going to be MASSIVE and I can't wait to see what kind of shit we find out there.

Character wise... meh. I'm a bit iffy on Nilou now because I've heard she's been pretty badly nerfed in the beta, and she's come limited to basically one team comp. So... if that ends up proving true, I may skip her for now so I can continue to save up for Nahida, and instead pull Nilou later down the road when she re-runs. I still love her design and want her for that reason, but with Nahida being right behind her, I may opt to skip.

Cyno is a definite skip and Candace is on his banner, so yeah... skipperino.

I look forward to seeing what our first Weekly boss of Sumeru will be though. If they follow the same pattern from Inazuma, then 3.1 should bring the first Weekly of the region.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah looking forward to the desert. I'm slightly annoyed Candace is on Cyno's but it kind of ending up being obvious as they're based in that area and as far as I know are based in the desert while Nilou is in the nature side. Luckily I'm at early pity on all three of my accounts as I recently got a 5* on them (50/50 loss to Keqing then Kokomi for my main, Mona as the 50/50 loss on my EU but didn't mind, Ganyu for NA), so hope Cyno doesn't appear early when I try to get a C0 Candace at least. I'm not pulling on Nilou's either, would have if Candace was on there, then saving up for one of Nahida or Dehya, but definitely Alhaitham. Well unless Nilou's has some 4-stars I could get on my NA account.

I haven't been following what beta testers have been finding out, other than what's on GenshinLab for Nilou and Candace's details on what they'll have and need. Didn't know Nilou's been nerfed, what was she like before then? Absolutely broken or something?

Weekly Boss could be pointing to Scaramouche, unless that comes later in the Archon quest and we'll get another in a Character Quest again, or could be both Scaramouche and Dottore. Hoping one of them gets to bail and be used later though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah looking forward to the desert. I'm slightly annoyed Candace is on Cyno's but it kind of ending up being obvious as they're based in that area and as far as I know are based in the desert while Nilou is in the nature side. Luckily I'm at early pity on all three of my accounts as I recently got a 5* on them (50/50 loss to Keqing then Kokomi for my main, Mona as the 50/50 loss on my EU but didn't mind, Ganyu for NA), so hope Cyno doesn't appear early when I try to get a C0 Candace at least. I'm not pulling on Nilou's either, would have if Candace was on there, then saving up for one of Nahida or Dehya, but definitely Alhaitham. Well unless Nilou's has some 4-stars I could get on my NA account.

I haven't been following what beta testers have been finding out, other than what's on GenshinLab for Nilou and Candace's details on what they'll have and need. Didn't know Nilou's been nerfed, what was she like before then? Absolutely broken or something?

Weekly Boss could be pointing to Scaramouche, unless that comes later in the Archon quest and we'll get another in a Character Quest again, or could be both Scaramouche and Dottore. Hoping one of them gets to bail and be used later though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept forgetting to post this, but that discussion being had last month in this thread about how dope a Genshin Impact anime could be if the right animation team gets put behind it didn't leave us waiting too long for a development on that front:

I'm not familiar with any of the works of the studio working on the anime, but their production list is stacked with a lot of notable things and while writing this, I learned there was a trailer put out for this announcement too, although I'm not sure if Ufotable produced it or not. Maybe someone familiar with their style can tell, or if this trailer just looks noticeable different in style to the regular Genshin animated trailers:

Either way, this video is apparently supposed to represent the quality of the whole show, in which case it's going to look insane! Shock

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept forgetting to post this, but that discussion being had last month in this thread about how dope a Genshin Impact anime could be if the right animation team gets put behind it didn't leave us waiting too long for a development on that front:

I'm not familiar with any of the works of the studio working on the anime, but their production list is stacked with a lot of notable things and while writing this, I learned there was a trailer put out for this announcement too, although I'm not sure if Ufotable produced it or not. Maybe someone familiar with their style can tell, or if this trailer just looks noticeable different in style to the regular Genshin animated trailers:

Either way, this video is apparently supposed to represent the quality of the whole show, in which case it's going to look insane! Shock
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The announcement was at the end of the 3.1 Special Program, I didn't know what it was at first until I saw Paimon then thought this can't be an anime announcement, surely not. Really was, so yeah the quality looks amazing. Unsure if I'll even watch it though...maybe depending on how it's distributed/availability. The major cutscenes in the game already look incredible, but the anime should give us a proper showing of telling the story in full instead of how it's been portrayed so far, which is running through the world at your own pace to in-game model non-voice over dialogue cutscene, with voice variant of that or a full blown dynamic cutscene. Wondering who will be picked as the main protagonist or will they somehow have both, as Aether and Lumine are shown together there.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The announcement was at the end of the 3.1 Special Program, I didn't know what it was at first until I saw Paimon then thought this can't be an anime announcement, surely not. Really was, so yeah the quality looks amazing. Unsure if I'll even watch it though...maybe depending on how it's distributed/availability. The major cutscenes in the game already look incredible, but the anime should give us a proper showing of telling the story in full instead of how it's been portrayed so far, which is running through the world at your own pace to in-game model non-voice over dialogue cutscene, with voice variant of that or a full blown dynamic cutscene. Wondering who will be picked as the main protagonist or will they somehow have both, as Aether and Lumine are shown together there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2022, 05:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wondering who will be picked as the main protagonist or will they somehow have both, as Aether and Lumine are shown together there.
I take it those two are consistently prominent OG's or something? I don't think I've ever actually seen them before now compared to a lot of the other characters in this game so it'll be interesting for me to find out that Aether and Lumine are actually more important than most of the others. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2022, 05:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wondering who will be picked as the main protagonist or will they somehow have both, as Aether and Lumine are shown together there.
I take it those two are consistently prominent OG's or something? I don't think I've ever actually seen them before now compared to a lot of the other characters in this game so it'll be interesting for me to find out that Aether and Lumine are actually more important than most of the others. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, they're who you start with at the very beginning of the game and you choose one as your avatar, they appear in the majority of the cutscenes/dialogue scenes regardless of if you have them in your team of 4. The other unchosen sibling appears later in the game, showing up periodically. They've shown up about 4 or 5 times so far not counting the introduction to the game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, they're who you start with at the very beginning of the game and you choose one as your avatar, they appear in the majority of the cutscenes/dialogue scenes regardless of if you have them in your team of 4. The other unchosen sibling appears later in the game, showing up periodically. They've shown up about 4 or 5 times so far not counting the introduction to the game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. Are they actually good characters to use or are they quickly pushed out by others that you get? My impression is it's the latter given how little I've seen or heard of them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. Are they actually good characters to use or are they quickly pushed out by others that you get? My impression is it's the latter given how little I've seen or heard of them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
In a way yes, and in another way no. Yes as in any character can be good if built correctly and that they get new playstyles every time a new region drops as they can change element freely. Out of the four available so far, Dendro is their best by far but that's just come out and new players won't have access to that element right away. Although, I fdid find a use for my Electro Lumine on my F2P so I did use her for a good amount of time. No as in yeah, other characters can do similar things that they offer better than them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
In a way yes, and in another way no. Yes as in any character can be good if built correctly and that they get new playstyles every time a new region drops as they can change element freely. Out of the four available so far, Dendro is their best by far but that's just come out and new players won't have access to that element right away. Although, I fdid find a use for my Electro Lumine on my F2P so I did use her for a good amount of time. No as in yeah, other characters can do similar things that they offer better than them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Traveler is pretty awful compared to any of the other 5* characters in the game, and many of the 4*s as well. That's normal for gacha games though. The initial character you get is always extremely weak because you get them for free. As Elite stated, Traveler has four elements right now, and the only one that they are competent in at all right now is Dendro. However, that's mainly because there's only two other Dendro characters right now, and one is more of a main DPS and the other is a 4* they gave us for free (twice so far), so it's not surprising that she's extremely underwhelming.

Once Nahida comes out, Dendro Traveler will most likely because completely irrelevant to the game once again. As for their other elements... yeah, pretty awful. Anemo Traveler is a joke, Geo Traveler has an extremely niche use that really isn't worth using, and Electro Traveler is just Raiden at home (some people used her as an Electro battery for a bit, but eh. Fischl is much better to use as not only does she offer great battery utility, but also great off-field damage as well).

But like I said, nearly every gacha game that gives you an initial starting character makes them absolutely worthless in the long-run, because they want you to pull for the shiny gacha characters instead of just sticking with the freebie unit the entire time. There's only a couple of gacha games I can think of where the starting characters/low rarity characters/freebie characters are actually pretty decent even after several years (Arknights and Azur Lane).

Anyways, as for the anime, I'm pretty excited for it. Genshin has really great lore, but the way the story gets told in the game is kind of copium due to the structure of gacha games and the content being drip fed bit by bit every patch cycle. The anime should allow them to tell the story much smoother and in much more detail, and that'll be a great thing. The anime is #2 on my most anticipated anime series list.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Traveler is pretty awful compared to any of the other 5* characters in the game, and many of the 4*s as well. That's normal for gacha games though. The initial character you get is always extremely weak because you get them for free. As Elite stated, Traveler has four elements right now, and the only one that they are competent in at all right now is Dendro. However, that's mainly because there's only two other Dendro characters right now, and one is more of a main DPS and the other is a 4* they gave us for free (twice so far), so it's not surprising that she's extremely underwhelming.

Once Nahida comes out, Dendro Traveler will most likely because completely irrelevant to the game once again. As for their other elements... yeah, pretty awful. Anemo Traveler is a joke, Geo Traveler has an extremely niche use that really isn't worth using, and Electro Traveler is just Raiden at home (some people used her as an Electro battery for a bit, but eh. Fischl is much better to use as not only does she offer great battery utility, but also great off-field damage as well).

But like I said, nearly every gacha game that gives you an initial starting character makes them absolutely worthless in the long-run, because they want you to pull for the shiny gacha characters instead of just sticking with the freebie unit the entire time. There's only a couple of gacha games I can think of where the starting characters/low rarity characters/freebie characters are actually pretty decent even after several years (Arknights and Azur Lane).

Anyways, as for the anime, I'm pretty excited for it. Genshin has really great lore, but the way the story gets told in the game is kind of copium due to the structure of gacha games and the content being drip fed bit by bit every patch cycle. The anime should allow them to tell the story much smoother and in much more detail, and that'll be a great thing. The anime is #2 on my most anticipated anime series list.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 3rd, 2022, 06:14 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Makes sense. Although, if a player were to never shell out for any of the gacha characters would they be able to still do everything in the game (assuming nothing is locked to certain characters), or will they reach a point where progression practically stalls and only a small percentage of players would manage to continue to push forward? Unsure

I don't know anything about Genshin's story, but I hope that however it gets told in the anime is really good even for people who have never touched the game since I'd really like to watch it purely for the animation quality alone, and it'd be a shame if non-players have a hard time following along.
I was also about to ask what #1 is but figured it's probably the Nier anime. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Makes sense. Although, if a player were to never shell out for any of the gacha characters would they be able to still do everything in the game (assuming nothing is locked to certain characters), or will they reach a point where progression practically stalls and only a small percentage of players would manage to continue to push forward? Unsure

I don't know anything about Genshin's story, but I hope that however it gets told in the anime is really good even for people who have never touched the game since I'd really like to watch it purely for the animation quality alone, and it'd be a shame if non-players have a hard time following along.
I was also about to ask what #1 is but figured it's probably the Nier anime. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
In Genshin's case, yes, you can still clear all of the game's content, including getting 36 stars in the Spiral Abyss (the "hardest" content in the game currently) with Traveler + the free 4* units you get. It just requires getting better artifacts for them and executing better. Where as if you pull for the 5* limited characters and such, you're going to be able to clear that contest faster and with less effort put into artifact farming. But in the end no content is locked out because you use freebie units, you just need to put more effort into doing it.

And nope, NieR anime is actually my third most hyped anime coming up. My #1 is the Arknights anime!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
In Genshin's case, yes, you can still clear all of the game's content, including getting 36 stars in the Spiral Abyss (the "hardest" content in the game currently) with Traveler + the free 4* units you get. It just requires getting better artifacts for them and executing better. Where as if you pull for the 5* limited characters and such, you're going to be able to clear that contest faster and with less effort put into artifact farming. But in the end no content is locked out because you use freebie units, you just need to put more effort into doing it.

And nope, NieR anime is actually my third most hyped anime coming up. My #1 is the Arknights anime!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | Demo Arrives on March 29 Moonface 28 3,778 Yesterday, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Moonface