Upcoming Movies 2021
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I normally don't pay much attention to movies, but there's actually a few releasing this year that I'm interested in, so I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone else is looking forward to in the cinematic world. 

For me, the two movies I'm really looking forward to are John Wick Chapter 4, and to my surprise, I discovered that a third Sherlock Holmes movie (the Robert Downey Jr ones) is set to release this year. I absolutely loved the first two, so seeing a third one pop up 10 years after the second one was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to watch it.

Might be others that end up popping up that I want to see, but these two are the main ones scheduled for 2021 releases. And yes, only two of them. I'm not a big movie person, so having to movies I'm interested in releasing in one year is a pretty big deal for me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I normally don't pay much attention to movies, but there's actually a few releasing this year that I'm interested in, so I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone else is looking forward to in the cinematic world. 

For me, the two movies I'm really looking forward to are John Wick Chapter 4, and to my surprise, I discovered that a third Sherlock Holmes movie (the Robert Downey Jr ones) is set to release this year. I absolutely loved the first two, so seeing a third one pop up 10 years after the second one was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to watch it.

Might be others that end up popping up that I want to see, but these two are the main ones scheduled for 2021 releases. And yes, only two of them. I'm not a big movie person, so having to movies I'm interested in releasing in one year is a pretty big deal for me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I rarely think about upcoming movies so it was interesting to go look up what was releasing this year. Normally I find out a movie is coming out when the trailers start popping for it in theatres. Tongue

That said, John Wick 4 is definitely on my radar because I love those movies (can't recall if I saw the third one or not but I think I did). F9 is my guilty pleasure of the year, and half the reason I would watch it is because I've already watched the rest of the movies. Spider-Man: No Way Home is the only Marvel movie due for release this year I'll care to watch at all.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I rarely think about upcoming movies so it was interesting to go look up what was releasing this year. Normally I find out a movie is coming out when the trailers start popping for it in theatres. Tongue

That said, John Wick 4 is definitely on my radar because I love those movies (can't recall if I saw the third one or not but I think I did). F9 is my guilty pleasure of the year, and half the reason I would watch it is because I've already watched the rest of the movies. Spider-Man: No Way Home is the only Marvel movie due for release this year I'll care to watch at all.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh wow, there's really a third Sherlock Holmes happening, yes! Hope it can stand up with the first two films. Another John Wick, I still need to see the other three. I've gotta check what else is coming....

Ehh really? It's already been long enough for the sequel to Suicide Squad and Venom to come out? Didn't watch the first one of either. A couple others like Wrath Of Man and Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (don't mind Statham, watched some of The Hitman's Bodyguard) I heard about from YouTube, not that excited for them. Also didn't think there's already another Spider-Man on it's way. Just Sherlock, Space Jam, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla vs Kong really, and two of them I can watch now if I want to pay.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh wow, there's really a third Sherlock Holmes happening, yes! Hope it can stand up with the first two films. Another John Wick, I still need to see the other three. I've gotta check what else is coming....

Ehh really? It's already been long enough for the sequel to Suicide Squad and Venom to come out? Didn't watch the first one of either. A couple others like Wrath Of Man and Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (don't mind Statham, watched some of The Hitman's Bodyguard) I heard about from YouTube, not that excited for them. Also didn't think there's already another Spider-Man on it's way. Just Sherlock, Space Jam, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla vs Kong really, and two of them I can watch now if I want to pay.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 21st, 2021, 05:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ooh wow, there's really a third Sherlock Holmes happening, yes! Hope it can stand up with the first two films. Another John Wick, I still need to see the other three. I've gotta check what else is coming...

Same here, Elite. I loved the first two movies, so I really hope they put as much effort into making the third amazing and aren't just doing this as some cash-grab trick 10 years after the second movie released. Though I read that apparently it was because RDJ was locked up with the Marvel Movies, and they had to wait for his role to be done with them before they were able to get him back for a third Sherlock Holmes movie. Either way, I'm glad it's happening now and here's to hoping it's good.

As for John Wick, you should watch them. They are amazing action movies. I was never a huge Reeve's fan before (not that I disliked his acting), but he's definitely the biggest highlight of the John Wick movies. Don't think they'd have been nearly as good with anyone else in them.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 21st, 2021, 05:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ooh wow, there's really a third Sherlock Holmes happening, yes! Hope it can stand up with the first two films. Another John Wick, I still need to see the other three. I've gotta check what else is coming...

Same here, Elite. I loved the first two movies, so I really hope they put as much effort into making the third amazing and aren't just doing this as some cash-grab trick 10 years after the second movie released. Though I read that apparently it was because RDJ was locked up with the Marvel Movies, and they had to wait for his role to be done with them before they were able to get him back for a third Sherlock Holmes movie. Either way, I'm glad it's happening now and here's to hoping it's good.

As for John Wick, you should watch them. They are amazing action movies. I was never a huge Reeve's fan before (not that I disliked his acting), but he's definitely the biggest highlight of the John Wick movies. Don't think they'd have been nearly as good with anyone else in them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never watched the Sherlock Holmes movies. What are they like? By the name alone I'd assume they're just a guy investigating something without much necessarily happening, just because I don't really associate that character with action or adventure, just mystery solving.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never watched the Sherlock Holmes movies. What are they like? By the name alone I'd assume they're just a guy investigating something without much necessarily happening, just because I don't really associate that character with action or adventure, just mystery solving.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I get the movies confused with the show. I know people obsessed over the show, and wonder how the movies hold a candle to it in comparison.

I can't say I'm overly hyped about any movie at this point. The next Spiderverse film is perhaps the only thing I care about but that's 2022
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I get the movies confused with the show. I know people obsessed over the show, and wonder how the movies hold a candle to it in comparison.

I can't say I'm overly hyped about any movie at this point. The next Spiderverse film is perhaps the only thing I care about but that's 2022
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mentioned it in the movie thread, and I don't know if it is actually a movie or just a long special, but the upcoming Muppets Haunted Mansion is on my radar after seeing the trailer earlier today. Grin

I've heard a few people getting excited about Dune but I'm not sure what to think or feel about it still even after seeing a trailer recently at the theater. Is anyone else here looking forward to that one?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mentioned it in the movie thread, and I don't know if it is actually a movie or just a long special, but the upcoming Muppets Haunted Mansion is on my radar after seeing the trailer earlier today. Grin

I've heard a few people getting excited about Dune but I'm not sure what to think or feel about it still even after seeing a trailer recently at the theater. Is anyone else here looking forward to that one?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I looked into Dune a bit more to see what it was. Hopefully this will do much better than the poorly received 1984 film. At the moment it seems to be from the premiere, so maybe there will a massive (positive) blow up on world release. As the original novel came out in 1965 and influenced/inspired many things later that's become more noticeable than itself, ie Star Wars, Warhammer 40,000, Nausicaa of the Valley, I may give this a watch some time. Had to stop the trailer because I thought I was seeing too much and refuse to watch any more trailers for it. Would be good to see if they can bring the novel to life, of course I haven't read it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I looked into Dune a bit more to see what it was. Hopefully this will do much better than the poorly received 1984 film. At the moment it seems to be from the premiere, so maybe there will a massive (positive) blow up on world release. As the original novel came out in 1965 and influenced/inspired many things later that's become more noticeable than itself, ie Star Wars, Warhammer 40,000, Nausicaa of the Valley, I may give this a watch some time. Had to stop the trailer because I thought I was seeing too much and refuse to watch any more trailers for it. Would be good to see if they can bring the novel to life, of course I haven't read it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I really hate that trailers do that lately. Like, no longer is a small teaser or snippet good enough to sell the idea of a movie. No, we gotta literally condense the whole movie into a few key scenes and BAM marketing success! Spoil the whole god damn movie in 2 minutes.

I've been taking the approach of "don't watch if you intend on seeing it anyway" cuz that keeps me the most excited about whatever twists and turns it could possibly have that I could not have foreseen if I had watched the trailers that absolutely didn't shy away from showing. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I really hate that trailers do that lately. Like, no longer is a small teaser or snippet good enough to sell the idea of a movie. No, we gotta literally condense the whole movie into a few key scenes and BAM marketing success! Spoil the whole god damn movie in 2 minutes.

I've been taking the approach of "don't watch if you intend on seeing it anyway" cuz that keeps me the most excited about whatever twists and turns it could possibly have that I could not have foreseen if I had watched the trailers that absolutely didn't shy away from showing. Rolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2021, 05:03 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I feel like comedy movies do this more than any others, especially when they know the movie only has a few actually funny moments because they shove all of those into the trailer which makes it seem like the movie has a lot of funny stuff, only to find there is nothing else left when you watch the full movie. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2021, 05:03 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I feel like comedy movies do this more than any others, especially when they know the movie only has a few actually funny moments because they shove all of those into the trailer which makes it seem like the movie has a lot of funny stuff, only to find there is nothing else left when you watch the full movie. Errm
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Been eyeing "Rob's Gone Wrong" for months.

Definitely going to watch that one.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2021, 10:08 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Hadn't heard of this and just watched the trailer. It looks like it could be neat.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2021, 10:08 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Hadn't heard of this and just watched the trailer. It looks like it could be neat.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm interested in seeing Dune. I think I've only seen like one trailer and don't remember/haven't absorbed much from it other than the fact that it seems like a good watch. It comes out the 22nd in NA, and I got that week off, so it'll be a fun end to my vacation ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm interested in seeing Dune. I think I've only seen like one trailer and don't remember/haven't absorbed much from it other than the fact that it seems like a good watch. It comes out the 22nd in NA, and I got that week off, so it'll be a fun end to my vacation ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it's coming out this year I'll throw this in here rather than the general movie thread. I just watched the trailer for that new Resident Evil movie coming out next month and what a song choice they did for it:

If you want to watch a trailer that is actually good for this movie and doesn't make it look as shit as the one above does, fortunately there's an international trailer:

Either way the movie looks cheap and I still dislike Leon's appearance in this, but I will give them credit for actually sticking to the source material closer than the any of the movies under Paul W. S. Anderson did. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a theater to watch this though; this feels like it should be slapped straight onto Netflix or something.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it's coming out this year I'll throw this in here rather than the general movie thread. I just watched the trailer for that new Resident Evil movie coming out next month and what a song choice they did for it:

If you want to watch a trailer that is actually good for this movie and doesn't make it look as shit as the one above does, fortunately there's an international trailer:

Either way the movie looks cheap and I still dislike Leon's appearance in this, but I will give them credit for actually sticking to the source material closer than the any of the movies under Paul W. S. Anderson did. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a theater to watch this though; this feels like it should be slapped straight onto Netflix or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superhero movies? Nebulous 3 654 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Nebulous
  How Was Your 2021? ShiraNoMai 5 1,627 Jan 11th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Christmas (Lists) 2021 Moonface 31 6,493 Dec 30th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Disney/Pixar Movies Moonface 17 10,306 Jan 31st, 2021, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Let's enhance our favorite movies! Nightingale 1 2,977 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: WR91