Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, it recently occurred to me that, rather than making a new topic every time I post a video, I can make a general topic and post everything there! So, for those of you who are new: I am Maniakkid25, and I like to rant about stuff. I started with the game I consider my nemesis, and decided to pick it up from there at the recommendation of someone. So far, here is the topics I've already posted.

Digimon World Data Squad: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=710

Operation Darkness: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=831

Paradox Alice: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=839

Now, this would be the point where I post my newest video, but I have a problem: it immediately got content ID'd and blocked in most regions! SO! I need to go fix that, and hope for the best, because I know these corporations; they won't let me win a Content ID claim, because screw you, Fair Use doesn't exist, you pissant! *sigh* Fingers crossed...

Edit: I don't believe it. The owners of the content ID accepted my dispute, and the video is free to roll without any claims on it. Just...wow. Okay then. Well, without further restrictions or ado, here is my newest rant: The Assignment.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, it recently occurred to me that, rather than making a new topic every time I post a video, I can make a general topic and post everything there! So, for those of you who are new: I am Maniakkid25, and I like to rant about stuff. I started with the game I consider my nemesis, and decided to pick it up from there at the recommendation of someone. So far, here is the topics I've already posted.

Digimon World Data Squad: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=710

Operation Darkness: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=831

Paradox Alice: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=839

Now, this would be the point where I post my newest video, but I have a problem: it immediately got content ID'd and blocked in most regions! SO! I need to go fix that, and hope for the best, because I know these corporations; they won't let me win a Content ID claim, because screw you, Fair Use doesn't exist, you pissant! *sigh* Fingers crossed...

Edit: I don't believe it. The owners of the content ID accepted my dispute, and the video is free to roll without any claims on it. Just...wow. Okay then. Well, without further restrictions or ado, here is my newest rant: The Assignment.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
All three I have watched and enjoyed. Grin

Darn, do you know why the new video got ID'd/banned?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
All three I have watched and enjoyed. Grin

Darn, do you know why the new video got ID'd/banned?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because of the movie itself. For the warning, the automated system said it was just because of the longest continuous clip used -- which, admittedly, was 2 and a half minutes because I was being lazy -- so I'm re-editing it to chop that up so I can hopefully circumvent it, but we shall see.

Edit: Yeah, no, just by using the movie, I'm getting blocked in 14 countries, including the UK (but not in America and Canada, oddly). I'm disputing for the hell of it; the video will remain unlisted during that time. If it doesn't work, I do have a plan...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because of the movie itself. For the warning, the automated system said it was just because of the longest continuous clip used -- which, admittedly, was 2 and a half minutes because I was being lazy -- so I'm re-editing it to chop that up so I can hopefully circumvent it, but we shall see.

Edit: Yeah, no, just by using the movie, I'm getting blocked in 14 countries, including the UK (but not in America and Canada, oddly). I'm disputing for the hell of it; the video will remain unlisted during that time. If it doesn't work, I do have a plan...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Whoo it got accepted and I can watch it! Got it in my recommended as I'm following. Mind-boggling how the film managed to get made with the premise and big names starring in it, and what was Walter Hill thinking buying the rights to the original to begin with? Hope the actors consider it among or the worst movie they had to do. Do like end where you try to salvage what could of been, but yeah this still should not have happened.

Ooh boy though, Paradox Alice not far from 1k views!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Whoo it got accepted and I can watch it! Got it in my recommended as I'm following. Mind-boggling how the film managed to get made with the premise and big names starring in it, and what was Walter Hill thinking buying the rights to the original to begin with? Hope the actors consider it among or the worst movie they had to do. Do like end where you try to salvage what could of been, but yeah this still should not have happened.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Apr 27th, 2021, 06:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

He was thinking he had something raw and extreme; something that would shock viewers all the way to the bank. Something I don't mention in the rant: the original version of the script is about a rapist who gets sex changed by a MALE surgeon as revenge for losing someone (I think it was his wife or daughter; IDK and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). I actually have a plot bunny that leans on this original version for inspiration, but that one is the transphobic route of salvaging this story that I purposefully avoided in the video. Sometimes, plot bunnies should be shared to roam free; other times, plot bunnies need to be taken behind the shed. That one is a shed bunny.

Yeah, don't get excited about that view count. Turns out, most of them are bots that are just congregating on that video for reasons I do not understand. So, if that breaks 1k, I'll mention it, but with that explicit caviat.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Apr 27th, 2021, 06:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

He was thinking he had something raw and extreme; something that would shock viewers all the way to the bank. Something I don't mention in the rant: the original version of the script is about a rapist who gets sex changed by a MALE surgeon as revenge for losing someone (I think it was his wife or daughter; IDK and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). I actually have a plot bunny that leans on this original version for inspiration, but that one is the transphobic route of salvaging this story that I purposefully avoided in the video. Sometimes, plot bunnies should be shared to roam free; other times, plot bunnies need to be taken behind the shed. That one is a shed bunny.

Yeah, don't get excited about that view count. Turns out, most of them are bots that are just congregating on that video for reasons I do not understand. So, if that breaks 1k, I'll mention it, but with that explicit caviat.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Okay, it's finally time! Maniak is back with a new rant to sate your appetite, this one being Lost Odyssey, though as the description says, it's really just a proxy to state my criticisms of Final Fantasy 13 without, you know, having to play it again. As usual, if you check the post just as I post it, it's probably still uploading, but it should be good about an hour or so afterwards, so hope you enjoy!

Edit: Part 2 is now uploading, you may watch when it finishes. I shouldn't run into any copyright problems, but if I do, do notify me; I will be unable to do anything about it until the late afternoon of tomorrow, as I must sleep and go to work early.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Okay, it's finally time! Maniak is back with a new rant to sate your appetite, this one being Lost Odyssey, though as the description says, it's really just a proxy to state my criticisms of Final Fantasy 13 without, you know, having to play it again. As usual, if you check the post just as I post it, it's probably still uploading, but it should be good about an hour or so afterwards, so hope you enjoy!

Edit: Part 2 is now uploading, you may watch when it finishes. I shouldn't run into any copyright problems, but if I do, do notify me; I will be unable to do anything about it until the late afternoon of tomorrow, as I must sleep and go to work early.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Maniak is back with a new rant, and it's not the one you're looking for, sadly. DA:O is currently in development hell, so I'm posting some content so people don't think I'm dead! Anyway, here's Sam.

As usual, if you are reading the post the moment it comes up, it is not available as it is uploading as I write this. However, I need to sleep, so I'm posting now.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Maniak is back with a new rant, and it's not the one you're looking for, sadly. DA:O is currently in development hell, so I'm posting some content so people don't think I'm dead! Anyway, here's Sam.

As usual, if you are reading the post the moment it comes up, it is not available as it is uploading as I write this. However, I need to sleep, so I'm posting now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Currently I'm in the process of watching the video you posted last @Maniakkid25, but I got 40 seconds in and already got a question. What is the movie you mention at that time? It sounded like Zoophilia (hearing it a few more times since this was originally posted I think it's Zerophilia?) but I really do not want to Google that term in the event of being wrong and getting subjected to things my eyeballs will not enjoy. ROFL

Maybe this will also be the week I finally watch all of these like I've been meaning to for months now but haven't because I'm awful at finishing or continuing things in a timely manner. Rolleyes

So I have to say, it's really amazing that Sam's boss is a total ass to women and chases them all yet has a wife who shuts him down instantly over Samantha. By amazing, I mean how does the character even have the trait to begin with when it's clearly established way before the events of the movie that his wife does not approve of the trait and will actively punish him for acting on it in the slightest degree. I guess he could play on the idea that she doesn't know and therefore feels he can get away with it, or that he tries to have some sort of feeling of power over women other than his wife because he has none over her, but the character is already bad enough and I don't think the writers went so in depth with him in those ways to have a way of making him even worse. At least not intentionally, because the writers are clearly so tone deaf that they can add extra layers to their cake and be completely unaware they did it.

Doc's reaction at 13:20 sums up my thoughts perfectly at the accusation tossed his way. It might be one of the few genuinely decent reactions in the whole movie for me. XD

Having reached the end, does anyone actually change their attitude? It doesn't seem like anyone does. I don't count Sam because how can he even continue to be the ass he was when he is no longer a he. Doc I can't tell but I would assume he isn't a total scumbag given he's a gynecologist but maybe he is and he has the job because it gives him free perv passes (I really don't want to imagine this movie is that crass), so that just leaves the boss who definitely didn't learn shit, and the barkeep who probably never turned up again after that opening. Even the message they open up with as the one you think they'll send throughout the movie doesn't seem to really get sent properly. It's just "Oh, this stuff that I used to do sucks but no one else is going to learn a lesson just like I wouldn't if I was still a guy" which is ultimately nothing. You may as well have just circumvented expectations and made us think the guy was the main character but actually it's a female character who shows up and just shows what everything is like from the other side but never manages to change any of the guys because that's really how it looks to have ended up anyway.

Also, having watched one of these through fully (finally!) I have to say you do these very well! ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Currently I'm in the process of watching the video you posted last @Maniakkid25, but I got 40 seconds in and already got a question. What is the movie you mention at that time? It sounded like Zoophilia (hearing it a few more times since this was originally posted I think it's Zerophilia?) but I really do not want to Google that term in the event of being wrong and getting subjected to things my eyeballs will not enjoy. ROFL

Maybe this will also be the week I finally watch all of these like I've been meaning to for months now but haven't because I'm awful at finishing or continuing things in a timely manner. Rolleyes

So I have to say, it's really amazing that Sam's boss is a total ass to women and chases them all yet has a wife who shuts him down instantly over Samantha. By amazing, I mean how does the character even have the trait to begin with when it's clearly established way before the events of the movie that his wife does not approve of the trait and will actively punish him for acting on it in the slightest degree. I guess he could play on the idea that she doesn't know and therefore feels he can get away with it, or that he tries to have some sort of feeling of power over women other than his wife because he has none over her, but the character is already bad enough and I don't think the writers went so in depth with him in those ways to have a way of making him even worse. At least not intentionally, because the writers are clearly so tone deaf that they can add extra layers to their cake and be completely unaware they did it.

Doc's reaction at 13:20 sums up my thoughts perfectly at the accusation tossed his way. It might be one of the few genuinely decent reactions in the whole movie for me. XD

Having reached the end, does anyone actually change their attitude? It doesn't seem like anyone does. I don't count Sam because how can he even continue to be the ass he was when he is no longer a he. Doc I can't tell but I would assume he isn't a total scumbag given he's a gynecologist but maybe he is and he has the job because it gives him free perv passes (I really don't want to imagine this movie is that crass), so that just leaves the boss who definitely didn't learn shit, and the barkeep who probably never turned up again after that opening. Even the message they open up with as the one you think they'll send throughout the movie doesn't seem to really get sent properly. It's just "Oh, this stuff that I used to do sucks but no one else is going to learn a lesson just like I wouldn't if I was still a guy" which is ultimately nothing. You may as well have just circumvented expectations and made us think the guy was the main character but actually it's a female character who shows up and just shows what everything is like from the other side but never manages to change any of the guys because that's really how it looks to have ended up anyway.

Also, having watched one of these through fully (finally!) I have to say you do these very well! ^_^
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, Zerophilia is the movie I mention, and it's terrible. It's on the list.

Oh, no, that's not his wife! That's his dom! No, I'm not kidding; that's her entire contribution to this plot. She comes in, talks about their sexual escapades, and leaves! She's supposed to be someone higher up the food chain than Sam's boss, but her entire joke is "You are my whipping boy."

Admittedly, Doc gives a very good reaction, but at that point I was so done with the movie that I just tuned it out. There is still a half-hour after that point in the movie, and it's freaking nightmare-ish! I gave up at the period joke, and it just DRAGGED on after that.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, Zerophilia is the movie I mention, and it's terrible. It's on the list.

Oh, no, that's not his wife! That's his dom! No, I'm not kidding; that's her entire contribution to this plot. She comes in, talks about their sexual escapades, and leaves! She's supposed to be someone higher up the food chain than Sam's boss, but her entire joke is "You are my whipping boy."

Admittedly, Doc gives a very good reaction, but at that point I was so done with the movie that I just tuned it out. There is still a half-hour after that point in the movie, and it's freaking nightmare-ish! I gave up at the period joke, and it just DRAGGED on after that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh, I really thought it was his wife. XD
So he has presumably actively sought out a woman to dominate over him and hold power over him and yet also tries to have power over other women... you'd think he would maybe try for a character that just innocently annoys women to try and get them to yell at him and make him feel like he does when his dom talks to him, but that would be expecting the movie to do anything that makes sense.

Now I'm wondering if there's anything else in the movie that isn't how it comes off out of full context like that moment... XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh, I really thought it was his wife. XD
So he has presumably actively sought out a woman to dominate over him and hold power over him and yet also tries to have power over other women... you'd think he would maybe try for a character that just innocently annoys women to try and get them to yell at him and make him feel like he does when his dom talks to him, but that would be expecting the movie to do anything that makes sense.

Now I'm wondering if there's anything else in the movie that isn't how it comes off out of full context like that moment... XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I need to finish watching Lost Odyssey part 2, but did watch Sam yesterday. I could not sit through something like that, all the characters were just written so badly, even for a comedy. Oof. But I managed to watch with your input over the top, Maniak, so well done even when you couldn't stand it either. Also nothing against the viewer that suggested the film, but as it happened fall into...what you've looked at before they must've really been interested in seeing that done too. XD

Quite like the Lost Odyssey videos more though, need to refresh myself on what I saw other than the good change the main character went through, or rather went back to.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I need to finish watching Lost Odyssey part 2, but did watch Sam yesterday. I could not sit through something like that, all the characters were just written so badly, even for a comedy. Oof. But I managed to watch with your input over the top, Maniak, so well done even when you couldn't stand it either. Also nothing against the viewer that suggested the film, but as it happened fall into...what you've looked at before they must've really been interested in seeing that done too. XD

Quite like the Lost Odyssey videos more though, need to refresh myself on what I saw other than the good change the main character went through, or rather went back to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,899 1,617,740 Yesterday, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,953 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,196 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,033 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,552 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM