E3 2021 | "Virtually" Indestructible
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 15th, 2021, 12:39 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'm curious about the capcom one they have potential to have something interesting.
It was mostly just Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2, with a bit about Ace Attorney too. The rest from what I can recall was nothing noteworthy.

Razer had their presentation a moment ago, and showed off their new gaming laptop, a charging thing, and a mask with RGB lights. Not sure about the mask being a Q4 thing since by then the market for masks is likely going to be very low and it'll really only see use for people who want to be safe in very packed and notoriously illness inducing places such as conventions or flights.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 15th, 2021, 12:39 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'm curious about the capcom one they have potential to have something interesting.
It was mostly just Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2, with a bit about Ace Attorney too. The rest from what I can recall was nothing noteworthy.

Razer had their presentation a moment ago, and showed off their new gaming laptop, a charging thing, and a mask with RGB lights. Not sure about the mask being a Q4 thing since by then the market for masks is likely going to be very low and it'll really only see use for people who want to be safe in very packed and notoriously illness inducing places such as conventions or flights.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The laptop seemed really legit. It was crazy they fit the 3080 in that small little 14 inch. Same with the power supply pack for the charger. Absolutely crazy.

Anyone got any final opinions on E3 as a whole this year? It's clear the pandemic made heavy hits to the industry so it was quite underwhelming as a result, but I still think there were a few gems to come out of it.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The laptop seemed really legit. It was crazy they fit the 3080 in that small little 14 inch. Same with the power supply pack for the charger. Absolutely crazy.

Anyone got any final opinions on E3 as a whole this year? It's clear the pandemic made heavy hits to the industry so it was quite underwhelming as a result, but I still think there were a few gems to come out of it.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Overall pretty bad, but got a few promising things out of it in Elden Ring footage, Salt & Sacrifice and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin.

XSEED announcing that Rune Factory 4 would be coming to PS4 was kind of annoying, because I wasted money on the Switch version. Would have obviously held off on buying it if they would have let us know it'd come to other platforms in the future.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Overall pretty bad, but got a few promising things out of it in Elden Ring footage, Salt & Sacrifice and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin.

XSEED announcing that Rune Factory 4 would be coming to PS4 was kind of annoying, because I wasted money on the Switch version. Would have obviously held off on buying it if they would have let us know it'd come to other platforms in the future.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall I thought this years E3 was weak, with more conferences than not feeling like they didn't really have a need to happen except to fill an obligation to having an E3 show. Although for companies like Gearbox who I don't think ever do one, I hope they never do another after the joke of a conference they did this year. I heard Koch was pretty bad too.

I still think the show will be unable to fill the void left by Sony though, at least until another presentation can put out an absolute banger to make up for the missing third of the big three.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall I thought this years E3 was weak, with more conferences than not feeling like they didn't really have a need to happen except to fill an obligation to having an E3 show. Although for companies like Gearbox who I don't think ever do one, I hope they never do another after the joke of a conference they did this year. I heard Koch was pretty bad too.

I still think the show will be unable to fill the void left by Sony though, at least until another presentation can put out an absolute banger to make up for the missing third of the big three.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
ESA getting all those companies to have "conferences" was probably a mistake, honestly, but you know, if anything else, it did actually feel like an E3 this year, moreso than the past two years. It's just unfortunate that COVID fucked up development so hard that there was barely anything to show. Next year's could definitely be a banger, though, as development kicks off again as we overcome this pandemic in the places that host developers.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
ESA getting all those companies to have "conferences" was probably a mistake, honestly, but you know, if anything else, it did actually feel like an E3 this year, moreso than the past two years. It's just unfortunate that COVID fucked up development so hard that there was barely anything to show. Next year's could definitely be a banger, though, as development kicks off again as we overcome this pandemic in the places that host developers.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2021, 03:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Definitely a mistake, but the ESA might not have even know what the companies were going to do in their conferences this year since nothing was on-site. But even if they did know, the negative reception is going to be aimed more at the company behind the conference than it will be at the ESA.

I'd really hope that for next year, developers don't show a lot of games with really far away release dates. This year was nice that a lot of stuff was announced for within the next 365 days, likely because those projects are the only ones that have enough progress during Covid to be certain for their release dates. I feel like there were a lot less far out releases with vertical slices this year compared to normal.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2021, 03:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Definitely a mistake, but the ESA might not have even know what the companies were going to do in their conferences this year since nothing was on-site. But even if they did know, the negative reception is going to be aimed more at the company behind the conference than it will be at the ESA.

I'd really hope that for next year, developers don't show a lot of games with really far away release dates. This year was nice that a lot of stuff was announced for within the next 365 days, likely because those projects are the only ones that have enough progress during Covid to be certain for their release dates. I feel like there were a lot less far out releases with vertical slices this year compared to normal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's Look Back at Gaming in 2021 Moonface 22 5,159 Feb 10th, 2022, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 23, 2021 Moonface 9 2,677 Oct 6th, 2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Showcase 2021 Moonface 11 3,141 Sep 19th, 2021, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Summer Game Fest 2021 Summary Moonface 10 3,646 Jun 17th, 2021, 03:37 PM
  Nintendo @ E3 2021 Mr EliteL 5 2,418 Jun 16th, 2021, 01:57 AM