Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Oh not at all. They're the pioneers and Dread is one of the best in the genre but my favorite metroidvania is definitely Hollow Knight. Hands down. The lore is interesting, the controls are right af, and the boss battles are actually challenging.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Oh not at all. They're the pioneers and Dread is one of the best in the genre but my favorite metroidvania is definitely Hollow Knight. Hands down. The lore is interesting, the controls are right af, and the boss battles are actually challenging.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you try doing any of the DLC for Hollow Knight at all?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you try doing any of the DLC for Hollow Knight at all?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Hell yeah I did! it is fucking brutal as fuck omg. the path of pain requires so much precise movement that I still can't beat it to this day.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Hell yeah I did! it is fucking brutal as fuck omg. the path of pain requires so much precise movement that I still can't beat it to this day.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I tried doing that too and I don't recall how far I got but eventually gave up. I can't remember if I finished the Grimm Troupe DLC either but I know I started it. It's been so long since I played the game that I can't remember what I did exactly, but I know I didn't get all the endings. I think I only got the first one?
I did try that Godmaster DLC and immediately noped out of it once it wiped the floor with me in seconds. Maybe one day I'll try it again but looking it up to refresh my memory I'm already reconsidering it... Sweat

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I tried doing that too and I don't recall how far I got but eventually gave up. I can't remember if I finished the Grimm Troupe DLC either but I know I started it. It's been so long since I played the game that I can't remember what I did exactly, but I know I didn't get all the endings. I think I only got the first one?
I did try that Godmaster DLC and immediately noped out of it once it wiped the floor with me in seconds. Maybe one day I'll try it again but looking it up to refresh my memory I'm already reconsidering it... Sweat
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Honestly, I'm thinking about picking it up on PC to replay it, which I'll still play on a controller, but I'll mod it. I heard there's total conversion mods out there that completely change the map, skills, and sprites. Gives me that metroid romhack feeling so I'm all about that shit
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Honestly, I'm thinking about picking it up on PC to replay it, which I'll still play on a controller, but I'll mod it. I heard there's total conversion mods out there that completely change the map, skills, and sprites. Gives me that metroid romhack feeling so I'm all about that shit
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never considered Hollow Knight having mods. Ones that change or randomise the map would be neat, or even any that add entire new areas. I'm sure there's some really good fan-made maps for the game out there in the recesses of the Steam Workshop.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never considered Hollow Knight having mods. Ones that change or randomise the map would be neat, or even any that add entire new areas. I'm sure there's some really good fan-made maps for the game out there in the recesses of the Steam Workshop.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
here's a few that are extremely popular, aside from a randomizer that makes things totally insane.

I want them ALL

EDIT: OMG THIS JUST APPEARED ON MY FEED AND NOW I FEEL INADEQUATE

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
here's a few that are extremely popular, aside from a randomizer that makes things totally insane.

I want them ALL

EDIT: OMG THIS JUST APPEARED ON MY FEED AND NOW I FEEL INADEQUATE

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A randomizer would probably be the one I'd want to try the most. I love the idea of playing a game but things just get moved about and such so you don't have to learn anything new, you just have to handle different situations than normal.

At first I thought it was a bit cheap they were getting soul healing from those Primal Aspids in that last video but then I realised if they weren't able to do that they'd have probably died before even clearing the first room. ROFL

I'm surprised there are no mods that add new areas to the game. I tried looking to see if any exist but it doesn't seem to be the case, they're just mostly gameplay changes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A randomizer would probably be the one I'd want to try the most. I love the idea of playing a game but things just get moved about and such so you don't have to learn anything new, you just have to handle different situations than normal.

At first I thought it was a bit cheap they were getting soul healing from those Primal Aspids in that last video but then I realised if they weren't able to do that they'd have probably died before even clearing the first room. ROFL

I'm surprised there are no mods that add new areas to the game. I tried looking to see if any exist but it doesn't seem to be the case, they're just mostly gameplay changes.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
What're your hopes for Silksong (aside from it not being vaporware)? Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
What're your hopes for Silksong (aside from it not being vaporware)? Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface Yeah I'm gonna try a randomizer as Silksong gets closer so I'm not rusty for Silksong. I've played a few randomizers like Metroid already and they're so much fun and challenge you're knowledge of item locations.

@ShiraNoMai honestly if they can keep the controls as tight as they were but give us more goodies for attacking, I'd be super happy. Traversal was already tons of fun with the gameplay as it was. Damn. I'm really really hyped for it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface Yeah I'm gonna try a randomizer as Silksong gets closer so I'm not rusty for Silksong. I've played a few randomizers like Metroid already and they're so much fun and challenge you're knowledge of item locations.

@ShiraNoMai honestly if they can keep the controls as tight as they were but give us more goodies for attacking, I'd be super happy. Traversal was already tons of fun with the gameplay as it was. Damn. I'm really really hyped for it
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you aware of this game called Crowsworn that's inspired by Hollow Knight and was also given an endorsement by Team Cherry during its fundraising stage on Kickstarter?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you aware of this game called Crowsworn that's inspired by Hollow Knight and was also given an endorsement by Team Cherry during its fundraising stage on Kickstarter?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
[Image: OgGXnZV.png]
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
[Image: OgGXnZV.png]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XD

How'd you hear about it then? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XD

How'd you hear about it then? Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
A bunch of the recommended stuff for me on steam is metroidvanias negated of my purchase history and play history so it popped up for me lol.

plus a lot of my YouTube videos are also metroidvanias.

I'm not obsessed
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
A bunch of the recommended stuff for me on steam is metroidvanias negated of my purchase history and play history so it popped up for me lol.

plus a lot of my YouTube videos are also metroidvanias.

I'm not obsessed
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Valentine's Birthday Day @Monocle! Grin

You have anything planned for the day? ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Valentine's Birthday Day @Monocle! Grin

You have anything planned for the day? ^_^