Are There Any Cross-Gen Games You'll Wait to Play on the Newest Console Gen?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,629
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Unlike earlier generations of consoles, a lot of games nowadays are releasing across both the current and previous generations, which gives players a choice on which generation console they want to play one of those games on. Since I know almost everyone here hasn't had much luck in securing a current generation system or aren't interested in getting one yet, I was curious who is going to wait to play a game on the newer systems and who will just play them on whatever they have access to.

For me, I'm mostly waiting to play any cross-gen games on a PS5 when I get one, so that I have more stuff to play on it when I buy it. I still have a lot of PS4 games I need to finish, so holding off will let me focus on those games instead of adding more stuff to my plate to finish.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,629 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Unlike earlier generations of consoles, a lot of games nowadays are releasing across both the current and previous generations, which gives players a choice on which generation console they want to play one of those games on. Since I know almost everyone here hasn't had much luck in securing a current generation system or aren't interested in getting one yet, I was curious who is going to wait to play a game on the newer systems and who will just play them on whatever they have access to.

For me, I'm mostly waiting to play any cross-gen games on a PS5 when I get one, so that I have more stuff to play on it when I buy it. I still have a lot of PS4 games I need to finish, so holding off will let me focus on those games instead of adding more stuff to my plate to finish.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Resident Evil 8! Omg it looks amazing even though I feel like I'll be disappointed in it. It's about time Capcom disappoints me. they've been on a winning streak and it's unlike them.

also not really cross gen because it's kinda unique, but I want DMC5:SE. Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil. nuff said.

Also Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus looking really really really good. definitely might wait for them too. might just grab them on steam if I'm getting that impatient
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Resident Evil 8! Omg it looks amazing even though I feel like I'll be disappointed in it. It's about time Capcom disappoints me. they've been on a winning streak and it's unlike them.

also not really cross gen because it's kinda unique, but I want DMC5:SE. Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil. nuff said.

Also Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus looking really really really good. definitely might wait for them too. might just grab them on steam if I'm getting that impatient
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 25th, 2021, 05:29 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Yeah, I'm waiting on Resi 8 too. I haven't heard it was worse than 7, and that it stumbles in some areas but overall was an improvement on 7, so if you liked that one then 8 might be good for you, at least from a gameplay stance. I haven't seen a lot of takes on the story to know how good that ranks, although it's not like Resi games have ever been known for their stories first and foremost.

If it remains cross gen, Horizon: Forbidden West is another game I will not play on PS4 unless whatever they show this Thursday and onwards does enough to make me too impatient to wait (unless it releases at a time where I would consider getting a PS5).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 25th, 2021, 05:29 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Yeah, I'm waiting on Resi 8 too. I haven't heard it was worse than 7, and that it stumbles in some areas but overall was an improvement on 7, so if you liked that one then 8 might be good for you, at least from a gameplay stance. I haven't seen a lot of takes on the story to know how good that ranks, although it's not like Resi games have ever been known for their stories first and foremost.

If it remains cross gen, Horizon: Forbidden West is another game I will not play on PS4 unless whatever they show this Thursday and onwards does enough to make me too impatient to wait (unless it releases at a time where I would consider getting a PS5).
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(May 25th, 2021, 11:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

on dude I loved re7! that's great news for me then. 

Honestly, I didn't even know HFW was cross gen. so that's a definite wait for me too. by the time the ps5 is a normal sale, I'll have so much to play like when I got the ps4 pro
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(May 25th, 2021, 11:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

on dude I loved re7! that's great news for me then. 

Honestly, I didn't even know HFW was cross gen. so that's a definite wait for me too. by the time the ps5 is a normal sale, I'll have so much to play like when I got the ps4 pro
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2021, 01:59 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Honestly, I didn't even know HFW was cross gen.
Yeah, it's something Sony seem to be keeping quiet about since being confirmed when the game was officially announced. Even tomorrows State of Play on the game is only using PS5 footage, which isn't bad by itself but makes me expect them to avoid mentioning anything about the PS4 version.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2021, 01:59 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Honestly, I didn't even know HFW was cross gen.
Yeah, it's something Sony seem to be keeping quiet about since being confirmed when the game was officially announced. Even tomorrows State of Play on the game is only using PS5 footage, which isn't bad by itself but makes me expect them to avoid mentioning anything about the PS4 version.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are two upcoming games I'd love to be able to play on PS5 instead of PS4. I just don't know if I'll be able to get a PS5 by the time they release, and I don't know if I'll be able to hold off on them for as long as it takes to get a PS5. Tales of Arise is especially a game that I'm probably going to want to play on Day 1, so I just need to hope I can get lucky and snatch up a PS5 by September.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are two upcoming games I'd love to be able to play on PS5 instead of PS4. I just don't know if I'll be able to get a PS5 by the time they release, and I don't know if I'll be able to hold off on them for as long as it takes to get a PS5. Tales of Arise is especially a game that I'm probably going to want to play on Day 1, so I just need to hope I can get lucky and snatch up a PS5 by September.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Arise looks so promising. I'm hyped for it. Same with scarlet nexus. Just still bummed out about all this scalping nonsense. like they did two releases today through Amazon and gamestop. Went to Amazon as soon as it was available and couldn't add anything to the cart. so it's just so beyond fucking stupid. I know no one could've predicted COVID, but I think a delayed release so there's more stock would've helped.

Thank god a lot of this stuff is cross platform and I just got this PC. I lucked it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Arise looks so promising. I'm hyped for it. Same with scarlet nexus. Just still bummed out about all this scalping nonsense. like they did two releases today through Amazon and gamestop. Went to Amazon as soon as it was available and couldn't add anything to the cart. so it's just so beyond fucking stupid. I know no one could've predicted COVID, but I think a delayed release so there's more stock would've helped.

Thank god a lot of this stuff is cross platform and I just got this PC. I lucked it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 204 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Xbox to Bring Games to Other Systems Moonface 9 317 Feb 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM
  What Notable Games Will Be Lost With the 3DS/Wii U eShop Closure? Moonface 7 1,161 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:26 PM
  Storing Your Games? Moonface 8 690 Nov 18th, 2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 553 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM