Important Notice: Security Breach
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Last night, an attack was executed against the forum. At this time, I am aware of the following things having occurred:
  • ShiraNoMai's account was compromised. Her username, password, email, and profile were changed. I am not currently aware of any other account being compromised in any way.
  • The site rules and marketplace threads were defaced. These have been restored to their original versions.
  • A singular announcement containing the same content as the aforementioned threads was made using Shira's account. That announcement has been deleted.
  • Strangely, Maniakkid25's account was gifted a large number of UG Cards, of which I have removed.
  • A singular PM was sent to Maniak's account from Shira's account. No other user was messaged.
  • Shira's account subscribed to 57 threads, because the attacker apparently wanted to be notified of new reading material.
I have been spending my morning trying to locate any possible vulnerabilities in the board and dealing with them, and will continue to do so as and when I come across any others. Nothing I've done should have affected the usability of the board, but if anyone notices something not working like it did prior to today, let me know. Also, if there is anywhere else on the board affected by the attack that I have not yet come across and cleaned up, please let me know.

Considering no other user was compromised, at this time I do not have reason to believe that user data such as passwords were exposed. Despite that, I recommend anyone who feels uneasy to change their password on here, and on any other service that shared that same password.

It is likely the attack occurred due to a malicious script that was executed via a vulnerability. I do not know if the attack was specifically targeted for us, or if we just unfortunately entered the cross hairs of someone scouring the internet with ill intents.

I will try my best to prevent this happening again, and I apologize that everyone here has had to be exposed to this incident.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Last night, an attack was executed against the forum. At this time, I am aware of the following things having occurred:
  • ShiraNoMai's account was compromised. Her username, password, email, and profile were changed. I am not currently aware of any other account being compromised in any way.
  • The site rules and marketplace threads were defaced. These have been restored to their original versions.
  • A singular announcement containing the same content as the aforementioned threads was made using Shira's account. That announcement has been deleted.
  • Strangely, Maniakkid25's account was gifted a large number of UG Cards, of which I have removed.
  • A singular PM was sent to Maniak's account from Shira's account. No other user was messaged.
  • Shira's account subscribed to 57 threads, because the attacker apparently wanted to be notified of new reading material.
I have been spending my morning trying to locate any possible vulnerabilities in the board and dealing with them, and will continue to do so as and when I come across any others. Nothing I've done should have affected the usability of the board, but if anyone notices something not working like it did prior to today, let me know. Also, if there is anywhere else on the board affected by the attack that I have not yet come across and cleaned up, please let me know.

Considering no other user was compromised, at this time I do not have reason to believe that user data such as passwords were exposed. Despite that, I recommend anyone who feels uneasy to change their password on here, and on any other service that shared that same password.

It is likely the attack occurred due to a malicious script that was executed via a vulnerability. I do not know if the attack was specifically targeted for us, or if we just unfortunately entered the cross hairs of someone scouring the internet with ill intents.

I will try my best to prevent this happening again, and I apologize that everyone here has had to be exposed to this incident.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, Karo poked me on Discord about the cards added to my account, and I just changed my password just in case. *ponyshrug.jpg*

I also have not opened the PM I got, specifically worried it would execute something.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, Karo poked me on Discord about the cards added to my account, and I just changed my password just in case. *ponyshrug.jpg*

I also have not opened the PM I got, specifically worried it would execute something.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would suggest just deleting the PM outright. If anyone wants to see it without the risk of blowing something up, here you go:

[Image: unknown.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would suggest just deleting the PM outright. If anyone wants to see it without the risk of blowing something up, here you go:

[Image: unknown.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Just updated my password for the forum. Have no idea who the eff would wanna do this crap tbh. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Just updated my password for the forum. Have no idea who the eff would wanna do this crap tbh. Eh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 4th, 2021, 09:29 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Hard to say, but the website being linked to has an About Us that says the following:

Quote:Quality above quantity. Community of people passionate about cyber security and information security. Teach, Learn and Challenge.
So I would assume it was a group who tries to expose security issues on websites, although I would've liked a less scorched earth approach to finding out. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 4th, 2021, 09:29 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Hard to say, but the website being linked to has an About Us that says the following:

Quote:Quality above quantity. Community of people passionate about cyber security and information security. Teach, Learn and Challenge.
So I would assume it was a group who tries to expose security issues on websites, although I would've liked a less scorched earth approach to finding out. Tongue
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Ah, Moony! That's rough, man.

I had actually been thinking about dropping by and see how things were going around here and it makes me sad to have been reminded of it by this BS.

Anyway, hope things get sorted out soon!

All the best,

~ Me Tongue
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Ah, Moony! That's rough, man.

I had actually been thinking about dropping by and see how things were going around here and it makes me sad to have been reminded of it by this BS.

Anyway, hope things get sorted out soon!

All the best,

~ Me Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nice to see you drop in again @Nightingale! As far as I know everything is good now. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nice to see you drop in again @Nightingale! As far as I know everything is good now. Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Great to hear!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Great to hear!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Lucky it wasn't a major attack of things being completely ruined and deleted. Fuck I would be in a rage fit if it was, mostly at myself for not being here when it was going on. Didn't see anything out of order when I returned Wed night so didn't look everywhere but yeah taught me a lesson. >.< Still kicking myself. Thank goodness it was a security check but quite an outlandish way to do it, but I suppose that's where their slogan of Teach, Learn and Challenge comes in.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Lucky it wasn't a major attack of things being completely ruined and deleted. Fuck I would be in a rage fit if it was, mostly at myself for not being here when it was going on. Didn't see anything out of order when I returned Wed night so didn't look everywhere but yeah taught me a lesson. >.< Still kicking myself. Thank goodness it was a security check but quite an outlandish way to do it, but I suppose that's where their slogan of Teach, Learn and Challenge comes in.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just to throw out some good news for everyone, Summer Meltdown will be starting within the next few days and with it will be the full update to the card system, which will include the ability for everyone to select their own cards for display at any time instead of requesting I set it for them. Wink
The functionality for setting your own cards already works, but I need to go through and attach every single card people have earned to their accounts, which will take me a little bit of time to go through.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just to throw out some good news for everyone, Summer Meltdown will be starting within the next few days and with it will be the full update to the card system, which will include the ability for everyone to select their own cards for display at any time instead of requesting I set it for them. Wink
The functionality for setting your own cards already works, but I need to go through and attach every single card people have earned to their accounts, which will take me a little bit of time to go through.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Excellent news! That's honestly why I hadn't bought new ones.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Excellent news! That's honestly why I hadn't bought new ones.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Glad to hear all is well now Grin !

Of course, I changed my password as soon as I heard about the attack, just in case Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Glad to hear all is well now Grin !

Of course, I changed my password as soon as I heard about the attack, just in case Tongue .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security Error Moonface 1 839 May 4th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Moonface