Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think I just barely missed the first demo when I got my PS5. So it'll be nice to get in there and give this game a try this time around. Hoping to have a good experience so that my hype for the game stays high.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think I just barely missed the first demo when I got my PS5. So it'll be nice to get in there and give this game a try this time around. Hoping to have a good experience so that my hype for the game stays high.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Square Enix have made a new post on their website detailing new characters, locations, and jobs that will be in the game: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news...hia-tiamat

I also didn't know they had done another update post last month that goes into other details such as the combat and story (not that it seems the story descriptions want to venture beyond crystals and chaos): https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news...creenshots
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Square Enix have made a new post on their website detailing new characters, locations, and jobs that will be in the game: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news...hia-tiamat

I also didn't know they had done another update post last month that goes into other details such as the combat and story (not that it seems the story descriptions want to venture beyond crystals and chaos): https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news...creenshots
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hate that they finally reveal a female party member and she ends up looking so god damn ugly. :|

C'mon SE. You even name her Sophia, which is my favorite name, and she ends up looking like that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hate that they finally reveal a female party member and she ends up looking so god damn ugly. :|

C'mon SE. You even name her Sophia, which is my favorite name, and she ends up looking like that.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They definitely are taking a more Western approach to the character designs for this. Sophia is alright but not waifu material in the least.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They definitely are taking a more Western approach to the character designs for this. Sophia is alright but not waifu material in the least.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I have to agree, Sophia's design is incredibly dull for the type of world that Final Fantasy can be. But then again, absolutely none of the playable characters of this game have good designs or outfits; Jed is so bland that his only saving grace is the ability to change outfits. I understand maybe they want characters to be a bit of a blank slate due to the customization, but holy shit at least don't make them all appear like protagonists that got sucked from desk jobs into a world with fantastical environments like castles and mechanical fortresses. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I have to agree, Sophia's design is incredibly dull for the type of world that Final Fantasy can be. But then again, absolutely none of the playable characters of this game have good designs or outfits; Jed is so bland that his only saving grace is the ability to change outfits. I understand maybe they want characters to be a bit of a blank slate due to the customization, but holy shit at least don't make them all appear like protagonists that got sucked from desk jobs into a world with fantastical environments like castles and mechanical fortresses. Eh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins Has Exclusive Digital Pre-Order Missions
Square Enix have announced that Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins will have missions locked behind the Digital Deluxe Edition's pre-order option:

The Digital Deluxe Edition will set you back $89.99, and the missions locked behind its pre-order are not available in the pre-orders of any physical editions of the game nor the standard digital version; fun if you've pre-ordered any of those editions of the game prior to this announcement being made. Even more so that the tweet seems to indicate these bonus missions will not be sold separately at a later point, but it could just be marketing speak to drum up sales of that particular edition of the game much like how timed console exclusives aren't always announced as such to dissuade waiting it out.

If this was early access it wouldn't be too bad, but it sucks that buying any of the special physical editions makes you miss out on this, especially for how long pre-orders have already been open. Apparently on some platforms such as PlayStation you can't upgrade your standard digital edition to the deluxe one if you already placed a pre-order. I guess you could cancel one and then grab the other, but I don't know how Sony are when it comes to placing and cancelling pre-orders.

EDIT: Nice to see posts get entirely nuked if a Tweet gets deleted. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins Has Exclusive Digital Pre-Order Missions
Square Enix have announced that Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins will have missions locked behind the Digital Deluxe Edition's pre-order option:

The Digital Deluxe Edition will set you back $89.99, and the missions locked behind its pre-order are not available in the pre-orders of any physical editions of the game nor the standard digital version; fun if you've pre-ordered any of those editions of the game prior to this announcement being made. Even more so that the tweet seems to indicate these bonus missions will not be sold separately at a later point, but it could just be marketing speak to drum up sales of that particular edition of the game much like how timed console exclusives aren't always announced as such to dissuade waiting it out.

If this was early access it wouldn't be too bad, but it sucks that buying any of the special physical editions makes you miss out on this, especially for how long pre-orders have already been open. Apparently on some platforms such as PlayStation you can't upgrade your standard digital edition to the deluxe one if you already placed a pre-order. I guess you could cancel one and then grab the other, but I don't know how Sony are when it comes to placing and cancelling pre-orders.

EDIT: Nice to see posts get entirely nuked if a Tweet gets deleted. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So apparently it's very bad wording on SE's part. This version of the game just comes with the Season Pass included, which is where those missions come from. The season pass will be available for purchase to everyone after the game launches, so the missions will not be locked to one specific version of the game.

Square Enix just dropping the ball on their communication like always.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So apparently it's very bad wording on SE's part. This version of the game just comes with the Season Pass included, which is where those missions come from. The season pass will be available for purchase to everyone after the game launches, so the missions will not be locked to one specific version of the game.

Square Enix just dropping the ball on their communication like always.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So coming in here made me aware Tweets are broken right now and make entire posts disappear, so that's fun. Rolleyes

Definitely poor wording on SE's part though. It really makes it seem like the missions aren't available separate from the Digital Deluxe when what it meant was you can't buy just one, you have to get all three and that's through the Season Pass. I am surprised the Twitter account didn't make a clarifying tweet to clear things up though and just left everyone in the comments to figure it out themselves, but maybe I'm just not very familiar with how SE's PR team works. Whistle

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So coming in here made me aware Tweets are broken right now and make entire posts disappear, so that's fun. Rolleyes

Definitely poor wording on SE's part though. It really makes it seem like the missions aren't available separate from the Digital Deluxe when what it meant was you can't buy just one, you have to get all three and that's through the Season Pass. I am surprised the Twitter account didn't make a clarifying tweet to clear things up though and just left everyone in the comments to figure it out themselves, but maybe I'm just not very familiar with how SE's PR team works. Whistle
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's Square Enix for you. Just when you think they might do something right for once, they do 10 things completely idiotic and wrong.

Also to comment more on Sophia. I don't need her to be "muh waifu" material, but at least be a little better looking than that. I have plenty of anime games where I can go obsess over my cute waifus. I just wanted her to not look like, as someone on Twitter said, a mom/Karen trying to fit in at Hot Topic.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's Square Enix for you. Just when you think they might do something right for once, they do 10 things completely idiotic and wrong.

Also to comment more on Sophia. I don't need her to be "muh waifu" material, but at least be a little better looking than that. I have plenty of anime games where I can go obsess over my cute waifus. I just wanted her to not look like, as someone on Twitter said, a mom/Karen trying to fit in at Hot Topic.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sophia looks like a secretary or something to me. Is the issue for you her whole appearance though @Dragon Lord or is it the attire? For me I think the attire is the biggest problem with a lot of the playable characters because the developers put them all in something plain due to the outfit customization the game will have, but there's plenty of games that provide that but don't use such dull choices for the default attire. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sophia looks like a secretary or something to me. Is the issue for you her whole appearance though @Dragon Lord or is it the attire? For me I think the attire is the biggest problem with a lot of the playable characters because the developers put them all in something plain due to the outfit customization the game will have, but there's plenty of games that provide that but don't use such dull choices for the default attire. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Whole appearance for me. Don't like her attire and I'd say she's more on the ugly side than the pretty side. Final Fantasy games have a lot of very pretty/attractive female characters, so seeing a character like Sophia is just like... ew.

The weird thing is that even though this is being developed by KT and Team Ninja, it's not like they aren't capable of adding cute females to the game. Nioh/Nioh 2 have multiple female characters that are very attractive.

[Image: Dxo8B0hU8AA_xG8.jpg]

Just as one example. So it's not that KT/TN are incapable of making good looking female characters. For some reason they decided to make Sophia... not very good looking.

Hopefully there'll be more playable female characters that are better looking that they are keeping under wraps for now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Whole appearance for me. Don't like her attire and I'd say she's more on the ugly side than the pretty side. Final Fantasy games have a lot of very pretty/attractive female characters, so seeing a character like Sophia is just like... ew.

The weird thing is that even though this is being developed by KT and Team Ninja, it's not like they aren't capable of adding cute females to the game. Nioh/Nioh 2 have multiple female characters that are very attractive.

[Image: Dxo8B0hU8AA_xG8.jpg]

Just as one example. So it's not that KT/TN are incapable of making good looking female characters. For some reason they decided to make Sophia... not very good looking.

Hopefully there'll be more playable female characters that are better looking that they are keeping under wraps for now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
KT and Team Ninja aren't behind the character designs. I just looked it up and "longtime Square Enix employee Tetsuya Nomura created the original concept, and acts as character designer and creative producer in the game."

This female character is also a party member, but like every other party character she too just feels very plain. The NPC's all feel better designed, even ignoring the attires: https://strangerofparadise.wiki.fextralife.com/NPCs

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
KT and Team Ninja aren't behind the character designs. I just looked it up and "longtime Square Enix employee Tetsuya Nomura created the original concept, and acts as character designer and creative producer in the game."

This female character is also a party member, but like every other party character she too just feels very plain. The NPC's all feel better designed, even ignoring the attires: https://strangerofparadise.wiki.fextralife.com/NPCs
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, that explains why the character designs suck. Square Enix really needs to stop letting that hack Nomura any where near any game development.

At least that character is slightly cuter than Sophia. Still not the greatest looking, but I'll take her over Sophia every day of of the week and every hour of each day.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, that explains why the character designs suck. Square Enix really needs to stop letting that hack Nomura any where near any game development.

At least that character is slightly cuter than Sophia. Still not the greatest looking, but I'll take her over Sophia every day of of the week and every hour of each day.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Final Trailer
Assuming the title is true to its word, this will be the final look we get at Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, which releases on March 18th.

Judging by the shot in the first 30 seconds and subsequent parts of the trailer thereafter, there are no more party members to be revealed and thus there are five playable characters: Jack, Ash, Jed, Sophia, and Neon.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Final Trailer
Assuming the title is true to its word, this will be the final look we get at Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, which releases on March 18th.

Judging by the shot in the first 30 seconds and subsequent parts of the trailer thereafter, there are no more party members to be revealed and thus there are five playable characters: Jack, Ash, Jed, Sophia, and Neon.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have to say that was a pretty good final trailer. Showed off the fights with the four major bosses of the game, plus gave enough story info to make you wonder how everything is going to end up playing out.

Very excited for this game still, and I cannot wait for March to get here so I can get my hands on it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have to say that was a pretty good final trailer. Showed off the fights with the four major bosses of the game, plus gave enough story info to make you wonder how everything is going to end up playing out.

Very excited for this game still, and I cannot wait for March to get here so I can get my hands on it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now Moonface 28 2,035 Mar 29th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 185 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,502 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,717 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM