The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So we still don't know what the sequel to Breath of the Wild is called, but Nintendo did at least give us another look at the game during their E3 2021 presentation:

I want to watch it a few more times to put together my full thoughts, but I will say that I am really excited for this and hope it addresses the shortcomings that Breath of the Wild had as a Zelda game.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So we still don't know what the sequel to Breath of the Wild is called, but Nintendo did at least give us another look at the game during their E3 2021 presentation:

I want to watch it a few more times to put together my full thoughts, but I will say that I am really excited for this and hope it addresses the shortcomings that Breath of the Wild had as a Zelda game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Delayed to Spring 2023
Oh look, a new video for the Breath of the Wild sequ...... Oh... Welp.

I guess they at least showed a bit of new footage and info on the game itself which is better than just a video to announce a new date and give nothing else, but having the Master Sword broken doesn't interest me much right now because it's just a way to take it away from players for the next game without just taking the entire thing away and dumping it somewhere in the world. I wonder if repairing it will be part of the main story though, since for BotW it was optional to go and get it but it would be stupid for Link to be carrying around a busted sword and just decide "Nah I'm good" about it throughout the story.

I'm expecting the world to be filled with all the stuff the first game lacked though considering the delays and how this new update chooses to point out showcasing the world itself and everything it will contain.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Delayed to Spring 2023
Oh look, a new video for the Breath of the Wild sequ...... Oh... Welp.

I guess they at least showed a bit of new footage and info on the game itself which is better than just a video to announce a new date and give nothing else, but having the Master Sword broken doesn't interest me much right now because it's just a way to take it away from players for the next game without just taking the entire thing away and dumping it somewhere in the world. I wonder if repairing it will be part of the main story though, since for BotW it was optional to go and get it but it would be stupid for Link to be carrying around a busted sword and just decide "Nah I'm good" about it throughout the story.

I'm expecting the world to be filled with all the stuff the first game lacked though considering the delays and how this new update chooses to point out showcasing the world itself and everything it will contain.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Sky stuff will definitely be interesting. I'm wondering if this is their way to revisit the Skyward Sword concepts and expand and flesh them out better than how that originally was.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Sky stuff will definitely be interesting. I'm wondering if this is their way to revisit the Skyward Sword concepts and expand and flesh them out better than how that originally was.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 2nd, 2022, 05:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I've seen people acting like Fi is coming back, but I don't know if there was any hint to that in the new footage or if people are just wishing for it due to the added sky elements.

I also wonder if the Master Sword is going to be the only weapon we repair, or if maybe the durability system now has a repair feature added to tackle the problems people had with it in BotW. It seems like a good middle ground to keep the system in place and make it better. It would also resolve the problem of having a ton of materials on you that end up being useless once you don't need to get any upgrades with them. All I do with a lot of my stuff in BotW is just sell it for rupees and then use those to buy arrows and cooking ingredients in the stores.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 2nd, 2022, 05:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I've seen people acting like Fi is coming back, but I don't know if there was any hint to that in the new footage or if people are just wishing for it due to the added sky elements.

I also wonder if the Master Sword is going to be the only weapon we repair, or if maybe the durability system now has a repair feature added to tackle the problems people had with it in BotW. It seems like a good middle ground to keep the system in place and make it better. It would also resolve the problem of having a ton of materials on you that end up being useless once you don't need to get any upgrades with them. All I do with a lot of my stuff in BotW is just sell it for rupees and then use those to buy arrows and cooking ingredients in the stores.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Release Date
A new trailer shown during today's Nintendo Direct officially revealed the name of the sequel to Breath of the Wild as The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!

Additionally, the games release date was also announced: May 12th, 2023!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Release Date
A new trailer shown during today's Nintendo Direct officially revealed the name of the sequel to Breath of the Wild as The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!

Additionally, the games release date was also announced: May 12th, 2023!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It's sad that this will be the first Zelda game I have 0 plans to buy. T_T *sigh*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It's sad that this will be the first Zelda game I have 0 plans to buy. T_T *sigh*
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Sep 13th, 2022, 10:17 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Why is that? Did you not enjoy BOTW, or do you just not own a Switch? 

Honestly, I'm considering pre-ordering it. And I rarely ever pre-order games... I did pre-order BOTW back with my Switch. That seemed weird, me pre-ordering a Zelda game. But that Zelda game ended up becoming one of my all-time favorites.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 

Why is that? Did you not enjoy BOTW, or do you just not own a Switch? 

Honestly, I'm considering pre-ordering it. And I rarely ever pre-order games... I did pre-order BOTW back with my Switch. That seemed weird, me pre-ordering a Zelda game. But that Zelda game ended up becoming one of my all-time favorites.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 15th, 2022, 02:39 PM)Frank Wrote:
Why is that? Did you not enjoy BOTW, or do you just not own a Switch?[/quote]Likely the former since I know queen owns a Switch. Wink

I doubt I'll pre-order the game because I never pre-order games unless they're special editions. At least this new trailer gave a strong hint that dungeons* are coming back proper by showing the seven tears, and I wonder if they're going to tie in to the Seven Sages of OoT at all due to the matching numbers.
For how excited I am for this game though, for some reason this trailer didn't really make me feel anything when I first watched it. I guess it might be because any gameplay shown is still just the map and Link traversing it, and with how navigation and physics worked in BotW I already know this game will do fine on that front, while things that BotW fell short on still haven't had anything concretely showing those things have been addressed for this game.

*I know BotW technically had dungeons with the divine beasts but they were just glorified shrines when their quality and scale is compared to anything in a previous Zelda title.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 15th, 2022, 02:39 PM)Frank Wrote:
Why is that? Did you not enjoy BOTW, or do you just not own a Switch?[/quote]Likely the former since I know queen owns a Switch. Wink

I doubt I'll pre-order the game because I never pre-order games unless they're special editions. At least this new trailer gave a strong hint that dungeons* are coming back proper by showing the seven tears, and I wonder if they're going to tie in to the Seven Sages of OoT at all due to the matching numbers.
For how excited I am for this game though, for some reason this trailer didn't really make me feel anything when I first watched it. I guess it might be because any gameplay shown is still just the map and Link traversing it, and with how navigation and physics worked in BotW I already know this game will do fine on that front, while things that BotW fell short on still haven't had anything concretely showing those things have been addressed for this game.

*I know BotW technically had dungeons with the divine beasts but they were just glorified shrines when their quality and scale is compared to anything in a previous Zelda title.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with you MF. I'm very hyped but the trailer itself really didn't do much for me, other than finally giving me a proper title to call it. :-P

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with you MF. I'm very hyped but the trailer itself really didn't do much for me, other than finally giving me a proper title to call it. :-P
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, and on the note of the title, I don't get why Nintendo held off so long on revealing it when their reasoning for doing so was "We don't want the name to spoil anything". Tears of the Kingdom doesn't tell me much of anything about the game. I thought at first it referenced the land being torn up but I read that a Japanese translation of the title indicates "Tears" is pronounced as the word "fears" would be, but unless there's something related to tears in established Zelda lore it doesn't really tell us much beyond what the trailer already showed with the seven tears and Link's new ability.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, and on the note of the title, I don't get why Nintendo held off so long on revealing it when their reasoning for doing so was "We don't want the name to spoil anything". Tears of the Kingdom doesn't tell me much of anything about the game. I thought at first it referenced the land being torn up but I read that a Japanese translation of the title indicates "Tears" is pronounced as the word "fears" would be, but unless there's something related to tears in established Zelda lore it doesn't really tell us much beyond what the trailer already showed with the seven tears and Link's new ability.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm just really hoping they spent all this time refining it, and not holding it back to launch along side another Switch console revision. My launch console is fine until Nintendo's ready for their next generation Tongue

Either way I was talking to my girlfriend about this over the weekend, she's planning to pre-order day one, which means I'll be ordering her whatever special edition gets announced. Regarding myself has still to be determined. lol

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm just really hoping they spent all this time refining it, and not holding it back to launch along side another Switch console revision. My launch console is fine until Nintendo's ready for their next generation Tongue

Either way I was talking to my girlfriend about this over the weekend, she's planning to pre-order day one, which means I'll be ordering her whatever special edition gets announced. Regarding myself has still to be determined. lol
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2022, 11:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah I can't say that really said anything about the game's story. Tears of the Kingdom just implies that the Kingdom is... sad, for some reason or another. It's never quite been a thing (that I can recall) that sadness or tears of any kind to be of any relevance to the Zelda series. The games that even explore dark themes make no mention of these kinds of things so, who knows.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2022, 11:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah I can't say that really said anything about the game's story. Tears of the Kingdom just implies that the Kingdom is... sad, for some reason or another. It's never quite been a thing (that I can recall) that sadness or tears of any kind to be of any relevance to the Zelda series. The games that even explore dark themes make no mention of these kinds of things so, who knows.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I own a Switch, I just am not a fan of the open world LoZ titles. Yes the first LoZ game is open world but the later ones are not, so I like the other LOZ games better. I also hated that the weapons broke a lot as well.. I also know that........Zelda is going to die. Thus the title. :| No thanks.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I own a Switch, I just am not a fan of the open world LoZ titles. Yes the first LoZ game is open world but the later ones are not, so I like the other LOZ games better. I also hated that the weapons broke a lot as well.. I also know that........Zelda is going to die. Thus the title. :| No thanks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 20th, 2022, 12:42 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I also know that........Zelda is going to die. Thus the title. :| No thanks.
Any concrete source on that? All I've seen for that is fan theories rather than credible leaks of the story.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Any concrete source on that? All I've seen for that is fan theories rather than credible leaks of the story.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 20th, 2022, 09:20 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Just think about it. The devs said the title is a spoiler. I mean I could be wrong and missing the mark.. But because of the Queen passing away.. What else would I assume??? Still if I'm right a few months from now, then we'll know. If not, then oh well.  Whistle
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 20th, 2022, 09:20 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Just think about it. The devs said the title is a spoiler. I mean I could be wrong and missing the mark.. But because of the Queen passing away.. What else would I assume??? Still if I'm right a few months from now, then we'll know. If not, then oh well.  Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legend of Zelda (Series) | 'The Grass is Greener' Interview Moonface 63 28,444 Dec 11th, 2023, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Kingdom Hearts 3 King Atem 32 26,390 Jun 9th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Moonface