The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Release Date
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC) | Dead by Daylight (PC) | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 13,648
Crash Bandicoot Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Minecraft 
The Queen passing away was problematic for the title reveal because the UK was in a state of national mourning, and so promoting something live there called "Tears of the Kingdom" during that could be taken in bad taste. I don't think there's anything more to it than that; it's like how Advance Wars was pulled from releasing because the Ukraine war started very close to it and it could be bad taste to release a war game alongside an actual war breaking out.

That said, even if Zelda were to die at the start of the game she would probably be revived by the end, given there's a clear mechanic of time reversal in this game to undo things. I'm sure something has to happen to her in order for Link to end up by himself again and whatnot.
[Image: FragrantSorrowfulLeafbird-size_restricted.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Queen passing away was problematic for the title reveal because the UK was in a state of national mourning, and so promoting something live there called "Tears of the Kingdom" during that could be taken in bad taste. I don't think there's anything more to it than that; it's like how Advance Wars was pulled from releasing because the Ukraine war started very close to it and it could be bad taste to release a war game alongside an actual war breaking out.

That said, even if Zelda were to die at the start of the game she would probably be revived by the end, given there's a clear mechanic of time reversal in this game to undo things. I'm sure something has to happen to her in order for Link to end up by himself again and whatnot.
ShiraNoMai Offline
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Moderators
Currently Playing
Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Deep Rock Galactic
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 12,204
Ukiki (NFT) Doom (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) 
I just wanna know what happens to his arm and if it'll be a Sekiro like situation Monkas
ShiraNoMai Offline
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Currently Playing
Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Deep Rock Galactic
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ukiki (NFT) Doom (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) 
XP: 12,204
I just wanna know what happens to his arm and if it'll be a Sekiro like situation Monkas
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 06:00 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My guess is it isn't malicious and instead might be something to do with the power holding Ganon in the original reveal trailer, which Link comes into possession of as a replacement to the Sheikah slate so that the player gets forced into a clean start without the abilities of BotW.
Although I do wonder what the reason will be for Link losing the powers of the champions. I'd hope it isn't just removed with no explanation.
[Image: FragrantSorrowfulLeafbird-size_restricted.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 06:00 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My guess is it isn't malicious and instead might be something to do with the power holding Ganon in the original reveal trailer, which Link comes into possession of as a replacement to the Sheikah slate so that the player gets forced into a clean start without the abilities of BotW.
Although I do wonder what the reason will be for Link losing the powers of the champions. I'd hope it isn't just removed with no explanation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legend of Zelda (Series) Moonface 58 17,545 Aug 2nd, 2021, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Kingdom Hearts 3 King Atem 32 19,418 Jun 9th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Moonface