Dead By Daylight
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you mean by "snowball" @"Yuri"?

Also, reading what you two have said, I guess it makes sense that survivors would be more toxic, especially since they can team up to mess with a killer whereas a killer can only really annoy a single person at a time, but that also relies on the other survivors not getting involved.

I doubt it's possible, but I wonder what a game would be like if there could be more players and killers in a match, such as 6 vs. 2. That or extra killers but the survivor count stays the same, but survivors get extra perks to help them survive better.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you mean by "snowball" @"Yuri"?

Also, reading what you two have said, I guess it makes sense that survivors would be more toxic, especially since they can team up to mess with a killer whereas a killer can only really annoy a single person at a time, but that also relies on the other survivors not getting involved.

I doubt it's possible, but I wonder what a game would be like if there could be more players and killers in a match, such as 6 vs. 2. That or extra killers but the survivor count stays the same, but survivors get extra perks to help them survive better.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Basically once someone dies its far easier to secure your win so let say you got your four survivors one of them in a chase the other down the third one has rescue the hooked one and the fourth does the gens. Doing gens and not letting your teammates dies is basically the key to victory cause once a killer get one of those four down there now is no one that is always free for the generators.

For survivor snowball would mean you all work on a gen separately and pressure them let say in this scenario the killer hasn't downed anyone yet and it just the first chase and the survivor a good looper this could easily mean three gens pop b the time they are hooked meaning the survivors are snowballing now some really good killers can juggle and really make it hard to snowball with the gens even if you pressure them individually.

Some people have suggested the 2 vs 6 mode, but BHVR hasn't seen any interest in introducing another mode yet.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Basically once someone dies its far easier to secure your win so let say you got your four survivors one of them in a chase the other down the third one has rescue the hooked one and the fourth does the gens. Doing gens and not letting your teammates dies is basically the key to victory cause once a killer get one of those four down there now is no one that is always free for the generators.

For survivor snowball would mean you all work on a gen separately and pressure them let say in this scenario the killer hasn't downed anyone yet and it just the first chase and the survivor a good looper this could easily mean three gens pop b the time they are hooked meaning the survivors are snowballing now some really good killers can juggle and really make it hard to snowball with the gens even if you pressure them individually.

Some people have suggested the 2 vs 6 mode, but BHVR hasn't seen any interest in introducing another mode yet.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The two killer idea is something people have talked about since the game's release, but I'm not sure if Behavior is actually a good enough developer to be able to balance having two killers in a match. They can't even find a proper balance for the current 4v1 set-up now.

Like I said before, killers who chase just one single person for a long period of time are usually pretty bad killers. A good killer knows how to put on map-wide pressure to keep the Survivors away from gens for long periods of times, and to also interrupt. Bahroo was (not sure how he is now) extremely good at maintaining map-wide pressure back in the day, and that's why a lot of Survivor mains absolutely hated him (to the point that at one point they had a petition on Reddit to get him banned from the game).

A good killer knows when a chase has become a lost cause, and when to break it off as not to lose too much time. Bad killers will continue the chase until they down that survivor, and then usually finding that there's only one or two generators left to finish.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The two killer idea is something people have talked about since the game's release, but I'm not sure if Behavior is actually a good enough developer to be able to balance having two killers in a match. They can't even find a proper balance for the current 4v1 set-up now.

Like I said before, killers who chase just one single person for a long period of time are usually pretty bad killers. A good killer knows how to put on map-wide pressure to keep the Survivors away from gens for long periods of times, and to also interrupt. Bahroo was (not sure how he is now) extremely good at maintaining map-wide pressure back in the day, and that's why a lot of Survivor mains absolutely hated him (to the point that at one point they had a petition on Reddit to get him banned from the game).

A good killer knows when a chase has become a lost cause, and when to break it off as not to lose too much time. Bad killers will continue the chase until they down that survivor, and then usually finding that there's only one or two generators left to finish.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One of the problems with balancing is not everyone has the same condition as wins for example I remember reading bhvr considers 2 kills and 2 escapes as a balanced killer while most killer and survivor try to go for a total victory and it is a asymmetrical multiplayer so probably harder to balance than most.

A killer with good pressure will also try to get something out of you before breaking chase like a health state or palette. Oh and as the game goes on and you use up all your pallets certain area become dead zone which mean easy down for killers.

That's why survivor try to loop and chain together for as long as they can to avoid wasting pallets generally running and instant dripping is a bad idea unless it's a spirit because spirits are gamblers.

And then there the killer that never cared about palettes the nurse she can teleport and if she extremely good you are already dead.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One of the problems with balancing is not everyone has the same condition as wins for example I remember reading bhvr considers 2 kills and 2 escapes as a balanced killer while most killer and survivor try to go for a total victory and it is a asymmetrical multiplayer so probably harder to balance than most.

A killer with good pressure will also try to get something out of you before breaking chase like a health state or palette. Oh and as the game goes on and you use up all your pallets certain area become dead zone which mean easy down for killers.

That's why survivor try to loop and chain together for as long as they can to avoid wasting pallets generally running and instant dripping is a bad idea unless it's a spirit because spirits are gamblers.

And then there the killer that never cared about palettes the nurse she can teleport and if she extremely good you are already dead.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So I just wanted to share this:

This is a competitive team on coms against a killer that does hardcore challenges for DBD and well I won't spoil anything, but SWF are very scary to killer for this reason and that why people do say the game is survivor sided because against a squad like this its terrifying. Dowsey hasn't uploaded his view of the game, but he did watch a video of him watching the match before when they played against another Youtuber.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So I just wanted to share this:

This is a competitive team on coms against a killer that does hardcore challenges for DBD and well I won't spoil anything, but SWF are very scary to killer for this reason and that why people do say the game is survivor sided because against a squad like this its terrifying. Dowsey hasn't uploaded his view of the game, but he did watch a video of him watching the match before when they played against another Youtuber.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll check out the video later, but thank you for explaining snowballing to me; it really helps me understand what that strategy is all about. Smile

Thinking about it, don't all the maps have a single exit? What do players do if they have the exit open but the killer decides to camp it? I guess you could all rush the gate since at least someone will get through, but is there any strategy that wouldn't be the horror game equivalent to storming the beaches of Normandy? Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll check out the video later, but thank you for explaining snowballing to me; it really helps me understand what that strategy is all about. Smile

Thinking about it, don't all the maps have a single exit? What do players do if they have the exit open but the killer decides to camp it? I guess you could all rush the gate since at least someone will get through, but is there any strategy that wouldn't be the horror game equivalent to storming the beaches of Normandy? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If there is, I haven't seen it, mainly because I haven't seen that eventuality play out. See, in order to even get the exit open, you have to hold on the gate for, like, 10 or 15 seconds, so the game doesn't end until someone actively ends it by either opening that gate or the killer closing the hatch (the randomly spawning exit that only the last person can exit through unless you have a key to unlock it, which is a HUGE gambit in and of itself). So, having such a situation happen in the first place is a little farfetched to begin with.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If there is, I haven't seen it, mainly because I haven't seen that eventuality play out. See, in order to even get the exit open, you have to hold on the gate for, like, 10 or 15 seconds, so the game doesn't end until someone actively ends it by either opening that gate or the killer closing the hatch (the randomly spawning exit that only the last person can exit through unless you have a key to unlock it, which is a HUGE gambit in and of itself). So, having such a situation happen in the first place is a little farfetched to begin with.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 1st, 2021, 06:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Every map has two exits, not one. Having one exit would definitely be too unfair since the killer could just camp the switch so that you couldn't even open the gate. Though sometimes due to the randomness of how maps spawn, both of the exists can be close enough for the killer to go back and forth from very quickly, making it a lot more difficult to safely open the doors (tend to need someone to play bait in this case, possibly sacrificing themselves for the team).

I remember watching one of Bahroo's Killer matches where he was able to just stand between the two gates, which spawned really close to each other, and see both of them at once, so none of the survivors were able to even walk up to the gate without him seeing them.

Other times the exists spawn on complete opposite ends of the map and in that case as killer, you just have to hope you picked the right one that all the Survivors went to, or hope that at least two or three of them went to.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 1st, 2021, 06:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Every map has two exits, not one. Having one exit would definitely be too unfair since the killer could just camp the switch so that you couldn't even open the gate. Though sometimes due to the randomness of how maps spawn, both of the exists can be close enough for the killer to go back and forth from very quickly, making it a lot more difficult to safely open the doors (tend to need someone to play bait in this case, possibly sacrificing themselves for the team).

I remember watching one of Bahroo's Killer matches where he was able to just stand between the two gates, which spawned really close to each other, and see both of them at once, so none of the survivors were able to even walk up to the gate without him seeing them.

Other times the exists spawn on complete opposite ends of the map and in that case as killer, you just have to hope you picked the right one that all the Survivors went to, or hope that at least two or three of them went to.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so there's two regular exits and then the emergency exit? I always thought there was only one gate and then one last man standing exit. Tongue
I guess that would also cause problems with adding an extra killer to matches that I suggested earlier. There would need to be more exits, but I don't think it would work still because either the entire group sticks together with both killers, or splits into two with a killer on each. Depending on the map size, a killer could also just stand in an area to quickly see multiple exits since they would likely be close together because of extra ones being spawned in.

Also, judging from @Karo's Ask Me thread, I assume that every character doesn't start out with everything at their disposal as a killer and that survivors all have different perks? Unsure

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so there's two regular exits and then the emergency exit? I always thought there was only one gate and then one last man standing exit. Tongue
I guess that would also cause problems with adding an extra killer to matches that I suggested earlier. There would need to be more exits, but I don't think it would work still because either the entire group sticks together with both killers, or splits into two with a killer on each. Depending on the map size, a killer could also just stand in an area to quickly see multiple exits since they would likely be close together because of extra ones being spawned in.

Also, judging from @Karo's Ask Me thread, I assume that every character doesn't start out with everything at their disposal as a killer and that survivors all have different perks? Unsure
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Every character has three unique perks that you unlock at level 30, 35, and 40 respectfully once you do these perk will start appearing in other characters' blood web the progression system for Dead by Daylight.

I just wanted to drop by to let everyone know Dead By Daylight is currently having a free trial if any of you are interested in trying the new hit game by BHVR Interactive! Gasp The sale is of course still going on in the background so there probably isn't a better time to try it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Every character has three unique perks that you unlock at level 30, 35, and 40 respectfully once you do these perk will start appearing in other characters' blood web the progression system for Dead by Daylight.

I just wanted to drop by to let everyone know Dead By Daylight is currently having a free trial if any of you are interested in trying the new hit game by BHVR Interactive! Gasp The sale is of course still going on in the background so there probably isn't a better time to try it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm currently downloading the free trial on Steam. Not sure how long it'll take because Steam can't decide if it wants to take 10 minutes or two hours. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm currently downloading the free trial on Steam. Not sure how long it'll take because Steam can't decide if it wants to take 10 minutes or two hours. Rolleyes
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The funny thing about the steam download is I'm not sure where your downloading it, but the game can take quite a while to download and install like I think for Cricket last night updating took an hour, but I suspect it might be because he using an external SSD. Before I switched to my current internal SSD the game would take quite a while to actually install.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The funny thing about the steam download is I'm not sure where your downloading it, but the game can take quite a while to download and install like I think for Cricket last night updating took an hour, but I suspect it might be because he using an external SSD. Before I switched to my current internal SSD the game would take quite a while to actually install.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I download everything into my internal HDD. I think it's just that Steam can either download games super fast or super slow, likely depending on their traffic, which considering there's a Steam sale going on it's probably pretty high.

Any tips for me before I eventually play it? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I download everything into my internal HDD. I think it's just that Steam can either download games super fast or super slow, likely depending on their traffic, which considering there's a Steam sale going on it's probably pretty high.

Any tips for me before I eventually play it? Tongue
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Tip #1: Always pressure gens
Tip #2: The killer can only be on one person at once so don't be afraid to run
Tip #3: Try to keep your team mates alive once one of them goes down the game can easily swing in the other direction

There are a lot of guides for both killer and survivor on youtube if you are interested in watching about it before it installs. You probably wont' have access to too many survivors and killers at first, but do take a look at who you have available and see what perks your interested in using.

Also play the tutorial to unlock David and Wraith for new accounts they have to be got by the tutorial now from what I understand.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Tip #1: Always pressure gens
Tip #2: The killer can only be on one person at once so don't be afraid to run
Tip #3: Try to keep your team mates alive once one of them goes down the game can easily swing in the other direction

There are a lot of guides for both killer and survivor on youtube if you are interested in watching about it before it installs. You probably wont' have access to too many survivors and killers at first, but do take a look at who you have available and see what perks your interested in using.

Also play the tutorial to unlock David and Wraith for new accounts they have to be got by the tutorial now from what I understand.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I played the tutorials so I have a decent beginner idea of how things work. When I did the killer tutorial match, I went for a strategy of just downing people and leaving them on the ground if they weren't near a hook or generator so that it would bring the other AI players away from objectives entirely to deal with them without me needing to take the time to move the downed player to a hook. No idea if it would be a good strategy to use in an actual online game though. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I played the tutorials so I have a decent beginner idea of how things work. When I did the killer tutorial match, I went for a strategy of just downing people and leaving them on the ground if they weren't near a hook or generator so that it would bring the other AI players away from objectives entirely to deal with them without me needing to take the time to move the downed player to a hook. No idea if it would be a good strategy to use in an actual online game though. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Space (Series) WR91 24 6,599 Jan 29th, 2023, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Walking Dead (Telltale Series) WR91 1 2,086 Oct 2nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Red Dead Redemption II Moonface 25 17,606 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Last Post: WR91