I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
That mean they are the obsession so certain perks revolve around who the obsession is. There are certain perks that can change who the obsession is.

For example Rancor from Spirit allows the Spirit to kill the obsession once all the gens are completed. Nemesis from the Oni change the obsession to whoever stuns him, Zarina perk for the people allow you to give your health state to another survivor for emergency situation, but it does leave you broken for like 30 seconds and make you the obsession.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
That mean they are the obsession so certain perks revolve around who the obsession is. There are certain perks that can change who the obsession is.

For example Rancor from Spirit allows the Spirit to kill the obsession once all the gens are completed. Nemesis from the Oni change the obsession to whoever stuns him, Zarina perk for the people allow you to give your health state to another survivor for emergency situation, but it does leave you broken for like 30 seconds and make you the obsession.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I see.

Also, what are totems for in maps? I've seen them but it doesn't seem to change anything when I cleanse them, it just gives me BP.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I see.

Also, what are totems for in maps? I've seen them but it doesn't seem to change anything when I cleanse them, it just gives me BP.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Those are for Hex perks. Some of the perks affect the field rather than players, and can only be removed by cleansing them. They actually glow if they apply to a hex, otherwise they are just there for bloodpoints. You cleanse them as you would repair a generator or anything else.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Those are for Hex perks. Some of the perks affect the field rather than players, and can only be removed by cleansing them. They actually glow if they apply to a hex, otherwise they are just there for bloodpoints. You cleanse them as you would repair a generator or anything else.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So for example of some hex totems:
1. Ruin(Hag) - When you stop working on a gen it automatically start regressing
2. Devour Hope(Hag) - Doesn't do anything until the third stack which trigger the exposed effect and on stack four they can kill you at any hook stage.
3. No One Escapes Death(Default) - Once all gens are complete you become expose, but this hex doesn't appear on the field until every generator is done.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So for example of some hex totems:
1. Ruin(Hag) - When you stop working on a gen it automatically start regressing
2. Devour Hope(Hag) - Doesn't do anything until the third stack which trigger the exposed effect and on stack four they can kill you at any hook stage.
3. No One Escapes Death(Default) - Once all gens are complete you become expose, but this hex doesn't appear on the field until every generator is done.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How do I know the hex is active though? The only stuff I've ever noticed is the icons on the side showing things like Exhaustion and stuff.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How do I know the hex is active though? The only stuff I've ever noticed is the icons on the side showing things like Exhaustion and stuff.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If you tap a gen when ruin is active you'll get an icon letting you know its in effect. If your suddenly exposed when the killer hits you, it going to be either NOED or Devour Hope.

Usually the status effect will show you what in play as you get effected by them.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If you tap a gen when ruin is active you'll get an icon letting you know its in effect. If your suddenly exposed when the killer hits you, it going to be either NOED or Devour Hope.

Usually the status effect will show you what in play as you get effected by them.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, the game alerts you with an icon in the HUD when they activate, but you won't know UNTIL they activate if they're on the field. Huntress' Lullaby immediately comes to mind, where skill checks progressively get less and less of a warning as it goes on. You'll have no way of knowing it's on the field until you get hit with that message, and then you're just screwed until someone can cleanse the totem.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, the game alerts you with an icon in the HUD when they activate, but you won't know UNTIL they activate if they're on the field. Huntress' Lullaby immediately comes to mind, where skill checks progressively get less and less of a warning as it goes on. You'll have no way of knowing it's on the field until you get hit with that message, and then you're just screwed until someone can cleanse the totem.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've figured that the term mori means insta-kill, but who can actually do it? I've seen some killers doing it but I don't know if they all can do it and if they always have it linked to totems.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've figured that the term mori means insta-kill, but who can actually do it? I've seen some killers doing it but I don't know if they all can do it and if they always have it linked to totems.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So there are two ways a killer can mori they bring an offering called a mori hence why we call them moris. They used to allow you to be killed at the second hook state, but they nerfed them so you can only mori a survivor on their death hook. There are different rarity an ebony mori allows you to kill all survivors on death hook, the green one lets you mori the last person in the trial.

The second way to get the mori action is perks like Devour Hope which we encountered earlier or the killer to have an add on for that like Mikey Myers these usually have some sorta requirement for devour hope its 4 tokens and for Mikey it get to tier 3 of Evil Within.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So there are two ways a killer can mori they bring an offering called a mori hence why we call them moris. They used to allow you to be killed at the second hook state, but they nerfed them so you can only mori a survivor on their death hook. There are different rarity an ebony mori allows you to kill all survivors on death hook, the green one lets you mori the last person in the trial.

The second way to get the mori action is perks like Devour Hope which we encountered earlier or the killer to have an add on for that like Mikey Myers these usually have some sorta requirement for devour hope its 4 tokens and for Mikey it get to tier 3 of Evil Within.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So how do tokens work exactly? I've seen a few perks mention them but I don't really get what they mean. Is it like a level system of sorts with each token representing a level?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So how do tokens work exactly? I've seen a few perks mention them but I don't really get what they mean. Is it like a level system of sorts with each token representing a level?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh no tokens are a number on the perk itself they reset each match and are earned individually or for certain perks you'll start with a certain amount of tokens and the perk will consume them, but for devour hope the killer starts at 0 and they gain one for each unhook that the killer is 24 meters away from the hook so devour hope killers generally won't stay nearby the hook at all.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh no tokens are a number on the perk itself they reset each match and are earned individually or for certain perks you'll start with a certain amount of tokens and the perk will consume them, but for devour hope the killer starts at 0 and they gain one for each unhook that the killer is 24 meters away from the hook so devour hope killers generally won't stay nearby the hook at all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So for Devour Hope the killer strives to just hook people and then let them get rescued? Also are perks like that exclusive to a particular killer or is it like survivor perks where it can be taught to anyone once you gain the ability to do that?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So for Devour Hope the killer strives to just hook people and then let them get rescued? Also are perks like that exclusive to a particular killer or is it like survivor perks where it can be taught to anyone once you gain the ability to do that?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Perks for both sides function the same way you can unlock them in other killer's blood webs. Which honestly is good for Devour hope like you won't normally suspect it on killers beside the hag. A good rule of thumb is if you see a light up totem even if it might be haunted ground(this is a spirit perk and it exposes you ) it probably best to cleanse it. Another rule of thumb is suspect their native perks on a survivor or killer chances are just because it natively unlocked for them they'll probably run it.

A good example of this is Legion they usually will have discordance which is an info perk that will highlight a gen to them that two or more people are working on.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Perks for both sides function the same way you can unlock them in other killer's blood webs. Which honestly is good for Devour hope like you won't normally suspect it on killers beside the hag. A good rule of thumb is if you see a light up totem even if it might be haunted ground(this is a spirit perk and it exposes you ) it probably best to cleanse it. Another rule of thumb is suspect their native perks on a survivor or killer chances are just because it natively unlocked for them they'll probably run it.

A good example of this is Legion they usually will have discordance which is an info perk that will highlight a gen to them that two or more people are working on.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do totems have a different appearance when there's actually an active hex the killer has?

Also I forget if I asked but who's everyone's main characters in this game?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do totems have a different appearance when there's actually an active hex the killer has?

Also I forget if I asked but who's everyone's main characters in this game?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
[Image: giF3iwn.png]

They might look slightly better looking now than compared to this picture, but they will be lit up instead of non-lit.

I main Feng Min and Nea and I do occasionally play the other survivors. Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
[Image: giF3iwn.png]

They might look slightly better looking now than compared to this picture, but they will be lit up instead of non-lit.

I main Feng Min and Nea and I do occasionally play the other survivors. Gasp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Space (Series) WR91 24 6,550 Jan 29th, 2023, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Walking Dead (Telltale Series) WR91 1 2,078 Oct 2nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Red Dead Redemption II Moonface 25 17,559 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Last Post: WR91