What's A Game You Wish You Could Play Blind Again?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Reading @ShiraNoMai's response to the recent announcement of the Dead Space remake of how it'll be her first time experiencing the game, it made me envy her because when I play the remake I'll already know the twist and have a rough idea of how most encounters will go, so a lot of the scares and suspense might not get to me as well as they did when I played the original game the first time. Thinking of that made me come up with this thread, so here we are. Tongue

Bioshock is another game I wish I could play blind, but not blind again entirely, because I never got to play the game entirely blind when I did play because the twist was such a common thing I saw referenced that it had zero impact on me when it happened in the game. I already knew a twist was in the game, and when I saw the statement that's connected to the twist I wasn't able to be surprised. Fortunately I didn't know anything about Bioshock Infinite so the twists of that game actually resonated with me properly, and it's likely why I think Infinite is a better game than Bioshock as an overall package.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Reading @ShiraNoMai's response to the recent announcement of the Dead Space remake of how it'll be her first time experiencing the game, it made me envy her because when I play the remake I'll already know the twist and have a rough idea of how most encounters will go, so a lot of the scares and suspense might not get to me as well as they did when I played the original game the first time. Thinking of that made me come up with this thread, so here we are. Tongue

Bioshock is another game I wish I could play blind, but not blind again entirely, because I never got to play the game entirely blind when I did play because the twist was such a common thing I saw referenced that it had zero impact on me when it happened in the game. I already knew a twist was in the game, and when I saw the statement that's connected to the twist I wasn't able to be surprised. Fortunately I didn't know anything about Bioshock Infinite so the twists of that game actually resonated with me properly, and it's likely why I think Infinite is a better game than Bioshock as an overall package.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think the best one I can come up with is Pokemon. Of course, once you've played one Pokemon, you've played them all, so it'd be an interesting pick to decide on which of all the Pokemon games to play for for the first time, blind. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think the best one I can come up with is Pokemon. Of course, once you've played one Pokemon, you've played them all, so it'd be an interesting pick to decide on which of all the Pokemon games to play for for the first time, blind. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2021, 03:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is this down to knowing the type matchups or also just the general structure of the games being the same?

Breath of the Wild is another game I would like to experience entirely blind again. It's still a blast having gone back to it after long enough that I forgot a lot of the exact things about the game, but since the biggest draw to that game for me is the mechanics and world exploration, the less I can know about that stuff going into a playthrough the better. Luckily there's still a lot I don't know about the game and people still find out new stuff about it, so at least I'm still blind for a lot of things even with hundreds of hours poured into the game. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2021, 03:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is this down to knowing the type matchups or also just the general structure of the games being the same?

Breath of the Wild is another game I would like to experience entirely blind again. It's still a blast having gone back to it after long enough that I forgot a lot of the exact things about the game, but since the biggest draw to that game for me is the mechanics and world exploration, the less I can know about that stuff going into a playthrough the better. Luckily there's still a lot I don't know about the game and people still find out new stuff about it, so at least I'm still blind for a lot of things even with hundreds of hours poured into the game. Tongue
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Probably The Last of Us and Sonic Adventure 2. The Last of Us was/is one of my favorite games ever and I beat it so many times but none were as good as that first play. It's been so long since Sonic Adventure 2 but I'd like to try that again blind because I know every nook of that game. Maybe going back even farther, Sonic 2 for Genesis. I still remember playing that for the first time and being my first game and not even knowing what a video game was before getting that gift was pretty crazy exciting.
[Image: 2_24_05_19_10_25_51.png]
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Probably The Last of Us and Sonic Adventure 2. The Last of Us was/is one of my favorite games ever and I beat it so many times but none were as good as that first play. It's been so long since Sonic Adventure 2 but I'd like to try that again blind because I know every nook of that game. Maybe going back even farther, Sonic 2 for Genesis. I still remember playing that for the first time and being my first game and not even knowing what a video game was before getting that gift was pretty crazy exciting.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Meh, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Uncharted 4 and maybe 2, Code Vein, Dragon's Dogma, Octopath yeah just many of my favourite games really. No particular reason though, just would like to relive the first time playing them again. Especially TTYD because well, Paper Mario series won't ever get back to that height for me and every other game in existence failing to beat my adoration for it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Meh, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Uncharted 4 and maybe 2, Code Vein, Dragon's Dogma, Octopath yeah just many of my favourite games really. No particular reason though, just would like to relive the first time playing them again. Especially TTYD because well, Paper Mario series won't ever get back to that height for me and every other game in existence failing to beat my adoration for it. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2021, 11:53 PM)Metallix Wrote:
Probably The Last of Us and Sonic Adventure 2. The Last of Us was/is one of my favorite games ever and I beat it so many times but none were as good as that first play.
Yeah, I've played TLoU countless times and although a lot of the story still hits me as hard as it did the first time I played, there are other moments that lose some impact because of knowing what will happen, such as a lot of the stuff in the chapters that follow Summer because all the events are directly putting Joel and Ellie at risk, whereas Summer doesn't really do any of that and instead has the events target the supporting characters more.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2021, 11:53 PM)Metallix Wrote:
Probably The Last of Us and Sonic Adventure 2. The Last of Us was/is one of my favorite games ever and I beat it so many times but none were as good as that first play.
Yeah, I've played TLoU countless times and although a lot of the story still hits me as hard as it did the first time I played, there are other moments that lose some impact because of knowing what will happen, such as a lot of the stuff in the chapters that follow Summer because all the events are directly putting Joel and Ellie at risk, whereas Summer doesn't really do any of that and instead has the events target the supporting characters more.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hmm, maybe Dark Souls? Just to experience the wonder of the areas again (like coming into Anor Londo for the first time). Bloodborne would be a good choice though, although it'd be a short-lived re-experience of the games, since it doesn't take long to get through them at all.

Being able to re-live Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars blind again would be amazing. Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics would be awesome choices as well.

The Utawarerumono games would probably be my best choice though. To be able to re-experience that story from star to finish completely blind one more would be fantastic.

NieR Automata would be a very, very close second to the Utawarerumono series. That's a game I wish I could play blind again. A perfect game that would be perfect to experience blind over and over again.

I'd say Genshin Impact, so I could re-live that wonderous feeling of adventure once more when you first start the game, but the nice thing about how Genshin is, is that we get to experience that again. Inazuma has given us that amazing feeling once more, and eventually when Version 3.0 of the game comes to us, we'll get to experience it with another new region. As the years go on, we'll just get to keep experiencing the new wonders of each new region. Although I will say getting to re-live the feeling of exploring Mondstadt and Liyue again would probably be greater, since that was two gigantic regions together from the start, rather than getting one at a time. Still though, we do get that feeling of excitement and wonder with each new region, so that's enough.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hmm, maybe Dark Souls? Just to experience the wonder of the areas again (like coming into Anor Londo for the first time). Bloodborne would be a good choice though, although it'd be a short-lived re-experience of the games, since it doesn't take long to get through them at all.

Being able to re-live Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars blind again would be amazing. Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics would be awesome choices as well.

The Utawarerumono games would probably be my best choice though. To be able to re-experience that story from star to finish completely blind one more would be fantastic.

NieR Automata would be a very, very close second to the Utawarerumono series. That's a game I wish I could play blind again. A perfect game that would be perfect to experience blind over and over again.

I'd say Genshin Impact, so I could re-live that wonderous feeling of adventure once more when you first start the game, but the nice thing about how Genshin is, is that we get to experience that again. Inazuma has given us that amazing feeling once more, and eventually when Version 3.0 of the game comes to us, we'll get to experience it with another new region. As the years go on, we'll just get to keep experiencing the new wonders of each new region. Although I will say getting to re-live the feeling of exploring Mondstadt and Liyue again would probably be greater, since that was two gigantic regions together from the start, rather than getting one at a time. Still though, we do get that feeling of excitement and wonder with each new region, so that's enough.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I agree on Genshin's Mondstadt and Liyue too, mainly didn't put in my post because of the new regions being a thing and getting to experience the game in a "new" way through that like DL said.

Similar to the game stories you got invested in topic, Xenoblade Chronicles is another I would like to experience blind again, the Bionis section mainly. The starting area Colony 9 is small but still cool to explore, but when you exit Colony 9 and move further up Bionis I'd would love to have the feeling of wonder I had when played through the other areas. I'd spend ages exploring, filling out the visibility of the map which included happily swimming around the whole outside map of Prison Island or out to the waterfall of Makna Forest before realising the whole map opens up once you discover all the areas (hidden included) of that particular map XD .
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I agree on Genshin's Mondstadt and Liyue too, mainly didn't put in my post because of the new regions being a thing and getting to experience the game in a "new" way through that like DL said.

Similar to the game stories you got invested in topic, Xenoblade Chronicles is another I would like to experience blind again, the Bionis section mainly. The starting area Colony 9 is small but still cool to explore, but when you exit Colony 9 and move further up Bionis I'd would love to have the feeling of wonder I had when played through the other areas. I'd spend ages exploring, filling out the visibility of the map which included happily swimming around the whole outside map of Prison Island or out to the waterfall of Makna Forest before realising the whole map opens up once you discover all the areas (hidden included) of that particular map XD .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Portal 2.

Absolutely fantastic game, apart from the fact that it has almost zero replay value. Once you've finished it, there's really no reason to play it again unless you want to re-live the story (and I'd very much like to re-live the experience of seeing that story for the first time!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Portal 2.

Absolutely fantastic game, apart from the fact that it has almost zero replay value. Once you've finished it, there's really no reason to play it again unless you want to re-live the story (and I'd very much like to re-live the experience of seeing that story for the first time!)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 1st, 2021, 11:59 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Portal 2.

Have you ever checked out Portal Reloaded? It's a mod of Portal 2 that adds in new mechanics and levels which could give you a reason to go back and enjoy more of the game. I'm not sure if it has any major story or just the basics to explain the events of the mod, but if part of the reason you want to play Portal 2 blind again is for the puzzles then the mod might be a good thing to check out. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Portal 2.

Have you ever checked out Portal Reloaded? It's a mod of Portal 2 that adds in new mechanics and levels which could give you a reason to go back and enjoy more of the game. I'm not sure if it has any major story or just the basics to explain the events of the mod, but if part of the reason you want to play Portal 2 blind again is for the puzzles then the mod might be a good thing to check out. Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I think that would be Pokémon Yellow for me.

I have played much greater, better games in my life but nothing filled me with such a strong sense of wonder and amazement as that one did. I was just a little kid, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I wish I could feel something like that again.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

I have played much greater, better games in my life but nothing filled me with such a strong sense of wonder and amazement as that one did. I was just a little kid, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 6th, 2021, 09:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Portal 2.

No, I haven't, but I'll have to take a look Smile ! 

I will grant that a large part of the reason why I want to play it blind again is the story; however, I'd also be interested to check out the new mechanics.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 6th, 2021, 09:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Portal 2.

No, I haven't, but I'll have to take a look Smile ! 

I will grant that a large part of the reason why I want to play it blind again is the story; however, I'd also be interested to check out the new mechanics.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2021, 02:18 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Was Yellow your first Pokemon game?

Another game I'd like to play blind again would be Red Dead Redemption and RDR2. I have a co-worker who's playing through the second right now and I envy all the moments they're getting to experience for the first time. I know if I replayed RDR1 that I wouldn't remember every detail, but I know the general story beats enough that I wouldn't be able to get surprised by anything. I also never got to experience the ending blind even on my first playthrough because I accidentally got spoiled, so even if I got to just be blind to that part would be good enough, just so I can say I was blind to the entire story on my first time.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Another game I'd like to play blind again would be Red Dead Redemption and RDR2. I have a co-worker who's playing through the second right now and I envy all the moments they're getting to experience for the first time. I know if I replayed RDR1 that I wouldn't remember every detail, but I know the general story beats enough that I wouldn't be able to get surprised by anything. I also never got to experience the ending blind even on my first playthrough because I accidentally got spoiled, so even if I got to just be blind to that part would be good enough, just so I can say I was blind to the entire story on my first time.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think there are also certain games I'd wish I'd had had the opportunity to experience as a kid, cuz when I think about those titles in the vein of today's standards, they'll more than likely be a pile of shit or at the very least not hold up the same way they used to. Things like Crash, Spyro, Banjo, Parappa... I mean some do still hold up to today's standards, but there's a certain rose-colored perspective you'd get playing those games as a child that I'll never get to first hand experience myself. Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think there are also certain games I'd wish I'd had had the opportunity to experience as a kid, cuz when I think about those titles in the vein of today's standards, they'll more than likely be a pile of shit or at the very least not hold up the same way they used to. Things like Crash, Spyro, Banjo, Parappa... I mean some do still hold up to today's standards, but there's a certain rose-colored perspective you'd get playing those games as a child that I'll never get to first hand experience myself. Sad
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Sep 7th, 2021, 01:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah and my first GameBoy game, too.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Sep 7th, 2021, 01:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah and my first GameBoy game, too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 22,511 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 351 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The last game you want to play before you die? popopdc 6 1,223 Dec 16th, 2022, 08:19 PM
  State of Play - June 2, 2022 Moonface 6 1,578 Jun 8th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL