Stray | (That Cat Game)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Remember that game where you (would potentially) play as a cat that debuted in the PS5 announcement sizzle reel? Well, they finally explained it in more detail and gave a bit of a release window!

Game Description Wrote:
Stray is a third-person cat adventure game set amidst the detailed neon-lit alleys of a decaying cybercity and the murky environments of its seedy underbelly. Roam surroundings high and low, defend against unforeseen threats and solve the mysteries of this unwelcoming place inhabited by nothing but unassuming droids and dangerous creatures.

Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio and will be releasing on PS4, PS5 and PC in early 2022.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Remember that game where you (would potentially) play as a cat that debuted in the PS5 announcement sizzle reel? Well, they finally explained it in more detail and gave a bit of a release window!

Game Description Wrote:
Stray is a third-person cat adventure game set amidst the detailed neon-lit alleys of a decaying cybercity and the murky environments of its seedy underbelly. Roam surroundings high and low, defend against unforeseen threats and solve the mysteries of this unwelcoming place inhabited by nothing but unassuming droids and dangerous creatures.

Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio and will be releasing on PS4, PS5 and PC in early 2022.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been really interested in this since the original reveal, and the unexpected gameplay drop yesterday was awesome! Grin
I like that it seems to be a relatively chill game that seems to be gearing towards puzzles and traversal. I'm just hoping that when the ability to fight back comes in that it doesn't remove navigating threats because you can just UV them all to death, because if that's all combat is going to be then it's the equivalent of just having no enemies at all at that point. I don't want to just melt everything and go through areas as if there were no enemies at all.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been really interested in this since the original reveal, and the unexpected gameplay drop yesterday was awesome! Grin
I like that it seems to be a relatively chill game that seems to be gearing towards puzzles and traversal. I'm just hoping that when the ability to fight back comes in that it doesn't remove navigating threats because you can just UV them all to death, because if that's all combat is going to be then it's the equivalent of just having no enemies at all at that point. I don't want to just melt everything and go through areas as if there were no enemies at all.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, it is an adventure puzzle type game. I don't expect combat to be very complex more than just solving the puzzle or riddle they give you to overcome it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, it is an adventure puzzle type game. I don't expect combat to be very complex more than just solving the puzzle or riddle they give you to overcome it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2021, 08:55 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, I'm hoping it's more puzzle based for combat; it's just the trailer mostly showed it to be just walking up to things with the light and they die rather than any strategy or puzzle solving involved with it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2021, 08:55 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, I'm hoping it's more puzzle based for combat; it's just the trailer mostly showed it to be just walking up to things with the light and they die rather than any strategy or puzzle solving involved with it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
"For Alexander wept for there were no more worlds to conquer" I feel like is very appropriate here with this cat puzzle game and we have a goose puzzle game where else can gaming go after this?

I for one am very interested in this game and at some point I will definitely be picking this up. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
"For Alexander wept for there were no more worlds to conquer" I feel like is very appropriate here with this cat puzzle game and we have a goose puzzle game where else can gaming go after this?

I for one am very interested in this game and at some point I will definitely be picking this up. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
There's also that Shark game--Maneater, I believe it was called. ROFL

Loving the trend of just "what if you were this animal and played just like it would IRL", like the asshole goose, or being a nimble yet cunning cat. These are such neat concepts that the game world is exploring and I think it's great, too Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

Loving the trend of just "what if you were this animal and played just like it would IRL", like the asshole goose, or being a nimble yet cunning cat. These are such neat concepts that the game world is exploring and I think it's great, too Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Yeah I loved these trends and I actually got Maneater for free from the PSN store I only played it once, but then I stopped I wasn't really interested in playing as a shark eating everything. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Yeah I loved these trends and I actually got Maneater for free from the PSN store I only played it once, but then I stopped I wasn't really interested in playing as a shark eating everything. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 04:17 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
There's also Phogs if we're going to bring up other puzzle/platformer style games that feature an animal as a playable character. Wink

The trend of taking the realistic traits of an animal and building a game off it reminds me of a PS2 game called A Dog's Life, which while not anything amazing, did make use of certain dog traits such as enhanced smell and whatnot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 04:17 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
There's also Phogs if we're going to bring up other puzzle/platformer style games that feature an animal as a playable character. Wink

The trend of taking the realistic traits of an animal and building a game off it reminds me of a PS2 game called A Dog's Life, which while not anything amazing, did make use of certain dog traits such as enhanced smell and whatnot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't remember we had a thread for this game otherwise I'd have put the trailer in here from State of Play. Ah well.

Instead, I'll share that this game is receiving a physical release:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't remember we had a thread for this game otherwise I'd have put the trailer in here from State of Play. Ah well.

Instead, I'll share that this game is receiving a physical release:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hadn't considered the fact the game was intended to be a digital-only release. Will love to pick this up physically though.

I had read first-hand impressions of this game are pretty solid. Also there's a dedicated meow button and now this game is a must-have.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hadn't considered the fact the game was intended to be a digital-only release. Will love to pick this up physically though.

I had read first-hand impressions of this game are pretty solid. Also there's a dedicated meow button and now this game is a must-have.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as I wub cats, I'll pass on this. Mainly due to not wanting to watch the cat I control get hurt, and well, just nah. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as I wub cats, I'll pass on this. Mainly due to not wanting to watch the cat I control get hurt, and well, just nah. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'll probably get Stray when it releases sometime in July (according to its steam page) since it looks like an interesting game impo.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'll probably get Stray when it releases sometime in July (according to its steam page) since it looks like an interesting game impo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2022, 12:18 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
If you plan to get it on PC, the game is currently 10% off on Steam until July 19. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you plan to get it on PC, the game is currently 10% off on Steam until July 19. Wink
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jun 14th, 2022, 05:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'll probably get it after I get paid then, thanks for the heads up.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jun 14th, 2022, 05:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'll probably get it after I get paid then, thanks for the heads up.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Kind of wish they gave this a demo. Would love to just test it out, but I suppose it's going to be a more story-based experience so it probably wouldn't make sense to make a demo for that. Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Kind of wish they gave this a demo. Would love to just test it out, but I suppose it's going to be a more story-based experience so it probably wouldn't make sense to make a demo for that. Shrug