Sony @ E3 2018
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Sony's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

The Last of Us Part II | Discussion Thread
We got our first look at gameplay footage for The Last of Us Part II, which you can check out and discuss over at our official discussion thread for the game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Maps Trailer
Relive four remastered fan-favorite Black Ops multiplayer maps (Jungle, Summit, Slums, and Firing Range) in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 from the PlayStation Store. Don't own Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4? If you're a PS+ subscriber, it's available now for free until July 11th.

God of War
During an intermission segment as the audience was moved to a different area for the rest of the showcase, it was confirmed that God of War will be getting a New Game+ mode in the future.

Ghost of Tsushima | Gameplay Footage
In 1274, the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the Japanese island of Tsushima and slaughters its legendary samurai defenders. Jin Sakai is one of the last survivors of a noble samurai clan. To combat his overwhelming foes, he must pioneer deadly new fighting techniques--the way of The Ghost--in this debut gameplay footage and wage an unconventional war for the people of Japan.

Destiny 2: Forsaken | Trailer
A new expansion is coming to Destiny 2 on September 4th, featuring new destinations, raid, a new PvE mode, and more!

Control | Trailer
You are Jesse Faden, a young woman with a troubled past. You become the new Director of the Bureau of Control – our frontline in researching and fighting against supernatural enemies like the Hiss threatening our very existence. You’ll uncover the secret activities of the Bureau agents and explore the strange and shifting halls of the Bureau’s headquarters, The Oldest House. Unlock new abilities with Objects of Power and upgrade your Service Weapon to take on bigger and more powerful enemies. Venture into lost sectors in the challenging Expeditions mode. Solve puzzles and complete quests to discover the secret of Jesse’s past and the true purpose of the Bureau of Control. Above all, you must defeat the relentless Hiss.

Resident Evil 2 Remake | Trailer #1 | Trailer #2
We finally got out first look at Resident Evil 2 Remake, which will be releasing on January 29th, 2019.

Trover Saves the Universe | Trailer
Wonderful. Your dogs have been dognapped by a beaked lunatic who stuffed them into his eye holes and is using their life essence to destroy the universe. Does that make any sense? You’ve partnered with Trover, a little purple eye hole monster to save them. Find power babies and plug them into his eye holes so that he can absorb their power, track down Glorkon, and save your dogs in Squanch Games' first full-length sci-fi action comedy adventure, coming to PS4 and PSVR.

Nioh 2 | Trailer
A teaser for a sequel to Nioh was shown.

Death Stranding | Trailer
A new trailer for the mysterious Death Stranding gave us our first look at gameplay, and introduced us to two new characters played by Lea Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner. The trailer begins with a tease from the baby transitioning into a conversation between Norman Reedus' character, Sam, and an unnamed woman. Sam was asked to work for her, but said he just made deliveries. He was then shown walking through various environments and eventually shown talking with Lea Seydoux.

Marvel's Spider-Man | Showcase Footage
Closing out the show was Sony's next upcoming big exclusive by Insomniac Games, where we got to see Spider-Man chasing down Electro as he frees incarcerated inmates in The Raft and faces off against him and other notable villains.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Sony's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

The Last of Us Part II | Discussion Thread
We got our first look at gameplay footage for The Last of Us Part II, which you can check out and discuss over at our official discussion thread for the game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Maps Trailer
Relive four remastered fan-favorite Black Ops multiplayer maps (Jungle, Summit, Slums, and Firing Range) in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 from the PlayStation Store. Don't own Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4? If you're a PS+ subscriber, it's available now for free until July 11th.

God of War
During an intermission segment as the audience was moved to a different area for the rest of the showcase, it was confirmed that God of War will be getting a New Game+ mode in the future.

Ghost of Tsushima | Gameplay Footage
In 1274, the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the Japanese island of Tsushima and slaughters its legendary samurai defenders. Jin Sakai is one of the last survivors of a noble samurai clan. To combat his overwhelming foes, he must pioneer deadly new fighting techniques--the way of The Ghost--in this debut gameplay footage and wage an unconventional war for the people of Japan.

Destiny 2: Forsaken | Trailer
A new expansion is coming to Destiny 2 on September 4th, featuring new destinations, raid, a new PvE mode, and more!

Control | Trailer
You are Jesse Faden, a young woman with a troubled past. You become the new Director of the Bureau of Control – our frontline in researching and fighting against supernatural enemies like the Hiss threatening our very existence. You’ll uncover the secret activities of the Bureau agents and explore the strange and shifting halls of the Bureau’s headquarters, The Oldest House. Unlock new abilities with Objects of Power and upgrade your Service Weapon to take on bigger and more powerful enemies. Venture into lost sectors in the challenging Expeditions mode. Solve puzzles and complete quests to discover the secret of Jesse’s past and the true purpose of the Bureau of Control. Above all, you must defeat the relentless Hiss.

Resident Evil 2 Remake | Trailer #1 | Trailer #2
We finally got out first look at Resident Evil 2 Remake, which will be releasing on January 29th, 2019.

Trover Saves the Universe | Trailer
Wonderful. Your dogs have been dognapped by a beaked lunatic who stuffed them into his eye holes and is using their life essence to destroy the universe. Does that make any sense? You’ve partnered with Trover, a little purple eye hole monster to save them. Find power babies and plug them into his eye holes so that he can absorb their power, track down Glorkon, and save your dogs in Squanch Games' first full-length sci-fi action comedy adventure, coming to PS4 and PSVR.

Nioh 2 | Trailer
A teaser for a sequel to Nioh was shown.

Death Stranding | Trailer
A new trailer for the mysterious Death Stranding gave us our first look at gameplay, and introduced us to two new characters played by Lea Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner. The trailer begins with a tease from the baby transitioning into a conversation between Norman Reedus' character, Sam, and an unnamed woman. Sam was asked to work for her, but said he just made deliveries. He was then shown walking through various environments and eventually shown talking with Lea Seydoux.

Marvel's Spider-Man | Showcase Footage
Closing out the show was Sony's next upcoming big exclusive by Insomniac Games, where we got to see Spider-Man chasing down Electro as he frees incarcerated inmates in The Raft and faces off against him and other notable villains.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
You know I kind of miss seeing the head of Sony, cause I used to see him once upon a time before showing the game trailers. =_=" Yea, Death Stranding story sounds interesting, but the gameplay looked kinda.. sorta.. boring impo. With a world full of nothing going from one area to another, idk it's just what little gameplay was shown.. Eh? The only thing that was shown I liked the look of was the game Control.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
You know I kind of miss seeing the head of Sony, cause I used to see him once upon a time before showing the game trailers. =_=" Yea, Death Stranding story sounds interesting, but the gameplay looked kinda.. sorta.. boring impo. With a world full of nothing going from one area to another, idk it's just what little gameplay was shown.. Eh? The only thing that was shown I liked the look of was the game Control.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was worried about how the conference was going to go when they moved the audience to another location after The Last of Us Part II, but it turned out to be an OK conference. Not great, but not bad. Ghost of Tsushima looked awesome and I hope it turns out well on release, and I'm very excited for the Resident Evil 2 Remake now that we finally got to see some of it! Grin

Death Stranding was as weird as always, but the gameplay seems to be a focus on stealth only. I'm still not sold on the game because I just can't tell what type of game it is, and as you said queen, too much of it looked like nothing was really going on except just walking in fields with deliveries.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was worried about how the conference was going to go when they moved the audience to another location after The Last of Us Part II, but it turned out to be an OK conference. Not great, but not bad. Ghost of Tsushima looked awesome and I hope it turns out well on release, and I'm very excited for the Resident Evil 2 Remake now that we finally got to see some of it! Grin

Death Stranding was as weird as always, but the gameplay seems to be a focus on stealth only. I'm still not sold on the game because I just can't tell what type of game it is, and as you said queen, too much of it looked like nothing was really going on except just walking in fields with deliveries.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Last Of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man were best things here for me. GoT, loved the swordplay and duels. Spider-Man was smooth and fast paced, the chase sequence looked great. I wasn't a fan of what they did at the start, moving people around to another place after TLOU. Glad that didn't keep happening. Death Stranding, I agree. Still needs more to convince it'll be worth a game getting (I don't have proper interest though).

EDIT: Good grief, how'd I make that typo? I was NOT. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Last Of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man were best things here for me. GoT, loved the swordplay and duels. Spider-Man was smooth and fast paced, the chase sequence looked great. I wasn't a fan of what they did at the start, moving people around to another place after TLOU. Glad that didn't keep happening. Death Stranding, I agree. Still needs more to convince it'll be worth a game getting (I don't have proper interest though).

EDIT: Good grief, how'd I make that typo? I was NOT. XD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Yea, sony's e3 was lackluster at best. Yes the Shinobi style game looked interesting but there was 0 gameplay or release date. And Death Stranding looks to be a walking delivery man's journey simulator, with strange monsters tossed in for cut scenes. Ok, now I've just lost interest.

It's almost like Sony is content at being console A number 1 & gave up giving a crap 2 e3's ago. Meh
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Yea, sony's e3 was lackluster at best. Yes the Shinobi style game looked interesting but there was 0 gameplay or release date. And Death Stranding looks to be a walking delivery man's journey simulator, with strange monsters tossed in for cut scenes. Ok, now I've just lost interest.

It's almost like Sony is content at being console A number 1 & gave up giving a crap 2 e3's ago. Meh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ghost of Tsushima looks so good. I just hope the game is difficult. Tired of all these really nice looking games, but then they are casual as fuck. Time for some git gud or go home games.

And on that note, the best announcement here, and one of the best of E3 entirely, is Nioh 2. If KT can fix a few of the issues of Nioh (mainly the lack of enemy variety), then Nioh 2 is going to be one amazing game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ghost of Tsushima looks so good. I just hope the game is difficult. Tired of all these really nice looking games, but then they are casual as fuck. Time for some git gud or go home games.

And on that note, the best announcement here, and one of the best of E3 entirely, is Nioh 2. If KT can fix a few of the issues of Nioh (mainly the lack of enemy variety), then Nioh 2 is going to be one amazing game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2018, 12:33 PM)King Atem Wrote:
Yea, sony's e3 was lackluster at best. Yes the Shinobi style game looked interesting but there was 0 gameplay or release date.
At least half of what was shown was gameplay. There's just no HUD and the camera doesn't stay centered behind the character all the time to create a cinematic feeling to the combat.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yea, sony's e3 was lackluster at best. Yes the Shinobi style game looked interesting but there was 0 gameplay or release date.
At least half of what was shown was gameplay. There's just no HUD and the camera doesn't stay centered behind the character all the time to create a cinematic feeling to the combat.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

and I'm totally okay with this tbh. 

I'm very tired of getting teased about games that aren't coming out for 2 to 3 years. Give me something with substance and gameplay and I'll call you a success. don't give be teaser trailers or trailers that say not actual gameplay footage. That does nothing for me. Make me excited about something I'm not seeing for years and I'm beyond hating it now.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

and I'm totally okay with this tbh. 

I'm very tired of getting teased about games that aren't coming out for 2 to 3 years. Give me something with substance and gameplay and I'll call you a success. don't give be teaser trailers or trailers that say not actual gameplay footage. That does nothing for me. Make me excited about something I'm not seeing for years and I'm beyond hating it now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I've been reading some Tweets this morning about how a lot of people are accusing Sony of racism/cultural appropriation because at the start of their Ghost of Tsushima trailer, they had a "white guy dressed up in Japanese clothing playing a Japanese instrument." They're saying that Sony should have had an Asian person doing that, rather than "whitewashing" Japanese culture.

Here is an Imgur gallery showing some of the Tweets.  I went and read some of the other Tweets happening between the person arguing against these people (Twitter handle "Best Mom Eva"), and it's just sad to see how many people just don't get it. It's not like Sony just picked some random white guy who knows nothing about Japanese culture to do this. They picked someone who is considered a master of that instrument and has dedicated his life to learning and appreciating Japanese culture.

What really gets me is that people are calling Sony (a Japanese company) racist for not getting an Asian to play the instrument. But they don't say that they should have gotten a Japanese person to do it. They only say Asian. So it'd be okay if it was a Chinese man doing it instead? Also the fact that most of these people don't even know the name of the instrument. Most of them are referring to it as a "wooden bamboo stick."

Just goes to show that these "SJWs" (if you want to call them that) don't actually know anything about what they're "fighting" against, and are just looking for any and every reason to just be mad at something.

I personally think it's awesome that Sony decided to reward this guy for his hard work and dedication by allowing him to play for them on their E3 stage.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I've been reading some Tweets this morning about how a lot of people are accusing Sony of racism/cultural appropriation because at the start of their Ghost of Tsushima trailer, they had a "white guy dressed up in Japanese clothing playing a Japanese instrument." They're saying that Sony should have had an Asian person doing that, rather than "whitewashing" Japanese culture.

Here is an Imgur gallery showing some of the Tweets.  I went and read some of the other Tweets happening between the person arguing against these people (Twitter handle "Best Mom Eva"), and it's just sad to see how many people just don't get it. It's not like Sony just picked some random white guy who knows nothing about Japanese culture to do this. They picked someone who is considered a master of that instrument and has dedicated his life to learning and appreciating Japanese culture.

What really gets me is that people are calling Sony (a Japanese company) racist for not getting an Asian to play the instrument. But they don't say that they should have gotten a Japanese person to do it. They only say Asian. So it'd be okay if it was a Chinese man doing it instead? Also the fact that most of these people don't even know the name of the instrument. Most of them are referring to it as a "wooden bamboo stick."

Just goes to show that these "SJWs" (if you want to call them that) don't actually know anything about what they're "fighting" against, and are just looking for any and every reason to just be mad at something.

I personally think it's awesome that Sony decided to reward this guy for his hard work and dedication by allowing him to play for them on their E3 stage.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Let's typecast instrument players to their supposed origin. No one is allowed to play it, but them!

Good grief, making a fuss over who's playing some music to a game. Glad there was someone to have information about the guy. I didn't know the instrument either, but I wasn't get worked up over why he was chosen. I expected he was well deserving to be featured for Ghost of Tsushima like that. Indeed he was by Best Mom Eva's post.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Let's typecast instrument players to their supposed origin. No one is allowed to play it, but them!

Good grief, making a fuss over who's playing some music to a game. Glad there was someone to have information about the guy. I didn't know the instrument either, but I wasn't get worked up over why he was chosen. I expected he was well deserving to be featured for Ghost of Tsushima like that. Indeed he was by Best Mom Eva's post.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and I'm annoyed that person took the hotseat over this instead of someone praising the work this guy has done. Also, don't you think the Japanese-owned company would know a thing or two about their own culture? Hmm

Also I second you, Monocle, and am glad they went ahead and showed off games that will be coming out soon rather than ten years from now. Nintendo did, too (though, perhaps to a fault), and I prefer this method than just teasing the idea of something, or worse, showing something that isn't indicative of what the game will even remotely look like at launch.

Been hearing also that the people at this press briefing were just having the worst time. Being shoved in a room for one gimmick, then being herded out to the next thing while more teasers and stuff are being announced in-between that they have no idea about, despite being at the actual briefing.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and I'm annoyed that person took the hotseat over this instead of someone praising the work this guy has done. Also, don't you think the Japanese-owned company would know a thing or two about their own culture? Hmm

Also I second you, Monocle, and am glad they went ahead and showed off games that will be coming out soon rather than ten years from now. Nintendo did, too (though, perhaps to a fault), and I prefer this method than just teasing the idea of something, or worse, showing something that isn't indicative of what the game will even remotely look like at launch.

Been hearing also that the people at this press briefing were just having the worst time. Being shoved in a room for one gimmick, then being herded out to the next thing while more teasers and stuff are being announced in-between that they have no idea about, despite being at the actual briefing.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 17th, 2018, 10:35 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Also, don't you think the Japanese-owned company would know a thing or two about their own culture? Hmm

That's the best part of all of it.The fact that they're saying a Japanese company was being racist/cultural appropriating their own culture. I have to question whether any of these people actually know that Sony is a Japanese company, or if they don't realize that there are other countries out there other than America. Probably the latter, judging by their levels of sheer stupidity.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 17th, 2018, 10:35 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Also, don't you think the Japanese-owned company would know a thing or two about their own culture? Hmm

That's the best part of all of it.The fact that they're saying a Japanese company was being racist/cultural appropriating their own culture. I have to question whether any of these people actually know that Sony is a Japanese company, or if they don't realize that there are other countries out there other than America. Probably the latter, judging by their levels of sheer stupidity.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised about the Ghost of Tsushima bitching. People were doing it about the kissing in The Last of Us Part II's trailer as well, claiming it made no sense despite Ellie's sexuality being addressed prior to this game, or the best one I read was "In a setting like that her species preservation instincts would kick in and she'd try to reproduce." Really? I'm glad someone at Naughty Dog made a post on Twitter outright saying that if people don't like it then don't buy the game until they grow up.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised about the Ghost of Tsushima bitching. People were doing it about the kissing in The Last of Us Part II's trailer as well, claiming it made no sense despite Ellie's sexuality being addressed prior to this game, or the best one I read was "In a setting like that her species preservation instincts would kick in and she'd try to reproduce." Really? I'm glad someone at Naughty Dog made a post on Twitter outright saying that if people don't like it then don't buy the game until they grow up.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
B-b-b-but video games should align to MY beliefs and values! There shouldn't be anything in any video game that I don't like! How dare video game developers make games the way THEY want to and not the way I want them!!!!!

I really have to wonder when the self-entitlement we see in the gaming community now days started. Unsurprisingly it seems to be from the younger gaming crowd.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
B-b-b-but video games should align to MY beliefs and values! There shouldn't be anything in any video game that I don't like! How dare video game developers make games the way THEY want to and not the way I want them!!!!!

I really have to wonder when the self-entitlement we see in the gaming community now days started. Unsurprisingly it seems to be from the younger gaming crowd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect it started happening when players had a direct way to communicate with developers and publishers. There was a time you didn't have the ability to respond to a company or individual worker on their social media pages to try and influence a product.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect it started happening when players had a direct way to communicate with developers and publishers. There was a time you didn't have the ability to respond to a company or individual worker on their social media pages to try and influence a product.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Purchases Bungie for $3.6 Billion Moonface 6 1,722 Feb 1st, 2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Sony finally considering cross-platform play Monocle 20 10,289 May 15th, 2021, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Report: Sony Focusing on Profit-Generating Blockbusters Moonface 11 4,724 Apr 21st, 2021, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  2018 in Gaming Moonface 10 8,541 Mar 24th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 13th, 2018 Moonface 0 3,085 Sep 14th, 2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Moonface