Activision Blizzard Situation Thread | Latest: Big 3 Make Statements
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure everyone has heard about it to some degree today, which is the story about Activision Blizzard having a lawsuit filed against them for... well I don't think I can really summarize it up into a simple catch all that does justice to what was actually done so I'll just share the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/21/busin...wsuit.html
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure everyone has heard about it to some degree today, which is the story about Activision Blizzard having a lawsuit filed against them for... well I don't think I can really summarize it up into a simple catch all that does justice to what was actually done so I'll just share the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/21/busin...wsuit.html
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
As I do with all such cases, I shall sit back and just watch and see what kind of facts come out of any investigations that are done. While I'm no fan of Activision Blizzard, I also stick with the whole "Innocent until proven guilty thing," and in this day and age it's way too easy for the whole sexual harassment thing to get thrown around to destroy someone's or some company's reputation. While it's important to take the allegations seriously and have them investigated to the fullest extent, it's equally as important not to jump the gun until it's been absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Too many times we see people on the internet attack someone/"cancel" them because of a baseless accusation, and even after it's been proven false, the damage is already done and it's far too late to repair it. So until we know for absolute sure what happened, I'm going to just sit back and watch. Take everything with a grain of salt for now.

If these accusations do prove to be true, then... well, I never cared for the company, so nothing will really change for me in terms of what I think of them. The only game of theirs I've played is Diablo 3, I believe, so I don't have much attachment to the company at all.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
As I do with all such cases, I shall sit back and just watch and see what kind of facts come out of any investigations that are done. While I'm no fan of Activision Blizzard, I also stick with the whole "Innocent until proven guilty thing," and in this day and age it's way too easy for the whole sexual harassment thing to get thrown around to destroy someone's or some company's reputation. While it's important to take the allegations seriously and have them investigated to the fullest extent, it's equally as important not to jump the gun until it's been absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Too many times we see people on the internet attack someone/"cancel" them because of a baseless accusation, and even after it's been proven false, the damage is already done and it's far too late to repair it. So until we know for absolute sure what happened, I'm going to just sit back and watch. Take everything with a grain of salt for now.

If these accusations do prove to be true, then... well, I never cared for the company, so nothing will really change for me in terms of what I think of them. The only game of theirs I've played is Diablo 3, I believe, so I don't have much attachment to the company at all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given the response by Activision so far, I get the feeling at least some degree of the lawsuit will turn out to be true. It has very similar shades of Ubisoft, although given this has a lawsuit attached to it I'm hoping that whatever gets found actually results in consequences, and not the pitiful response Ubisoft gave to the allegations against them that were true.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given the response by Activision so far, I get the feeling at least some degree of the lawsuit will turn out to be true. It has very similar shades of Ubisoft, although given this has a lawsuit attached to it I'm hoping that whatever gets found actually results in consequences, and not the pitiful response Ubisoft gave to the allegations against them that were true.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
blizzard devs are saying it's true so I hope they suffer for it. disgusting. All these huge corporations that think they're invincible. Fuck them.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
blizzard devs are saying it's true so I hope they suffer for it. disgusting. All these huge corporations that think they're invincible. Fuck them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jul 24th, 2021, 02:07 AM)Monocle Wrote:
The correct response. I had stock in them, and I sold it a while ago and I'm glad I did. Toxic culture and behavior. One victim actually killed themselves over it all. Just absolutely despicable.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jul 24th, 2021, 02:07 AM)Monocle Wrote:
The correct response. I had stock in them, and I sold it a while ago and I'm glad I did. Toxic culture and behavior. One victim actually killed themselves over it all. Just absolutely despicable.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jul 24th, 2021, 07:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I hope they demolish Bobby Kotick. that man is trash immaculate. Continues to separate staff while the company has records highs and he gives himself bonuses that are higher than his salary. It's all beyond disgusting. He's one of the worst.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jul 24th, 2021, 07:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I hope they demolish Bobby Kotick. that man is trash immaculate. Continues to separate staff while the company has records highs and he gives himself bonuses that are higher than his salary. It's all beyond disgusting. He's one of the worst.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen this video making the rounds today on Twitter and it apparently shows this attitude has been a problem for a long time:

I've not had a chance to watch the video myself yet but wanted to share it before it gets lost in the endless sea that Twitter is.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen this video making the rounds today on Twitter and it apparently shows this attitude has been a problem for a long time:

I've not had a chance to watch the video myself yet but wanted to share it before it gets lost in the endless sea that Twitter is.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll be interested in seeing if people are just gonna be outraged on Twitter/Social Media and still buy up all of Blizzards games, or if they're going to actually impact Blizzard's bottom line by not giving them money.

Usually it's the, "I can't believe you did this! ...I'm still buying all of your games, BUT I AM SHOCKED!"
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll be interested in seeing if people are just gonna be outraged on Twitter/Social Media and still buy up all of Blizzards games, or if they're going to actually impact Blizzard's bottom line by not giving them money.

Usually it's the, "I can't believe you did this! ...I'm still buying all of your games, BUT I AM SHOCKED!"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing I saw so far that was an actual protest was players doing a sit in or something in WoW and all of them cancelling their subscriptions at the same time during it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing I saw so far that was an actual protest was players doing a sit in or something in WoW and all of them cancelling their subscriptions at the same time during it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
WoW has been dying pretty fast from what I've been hearing around. Heard of lots of WoW players migrating to Final Fantasy XIV (before all of this come to light).

I imagine plenty of people are going to still get the Diablo 2 Remake (me included) regardless of the situation though. Especially people who played the original and want to relive that nostalgia, but with the better graphics.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
WoW has been dying pretty fast from what I've been hearing around. Heard of lots of WoW players migrating to Final Fantasy XIV (before all of this come to light).

I imagine plenty of people are going to still get the Diablo 2 Remake (me included) regardless of the situation though. Especially people who played the original and want to relive that nostalgia, but with the better graphics.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Now's a great time to become a pirate, DL Smile

Hoping their bottom-line gets affected enough that they start to make changes and no SCABs hang around to reinforce the status-quo of the environment at A/B, but who knows. At least with western companies, there's a higher chance of change happening rather than it getting severely swept under the rug, as do most eastern, notably Japanese companies tend to do with these kinds of scandals.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Now's a great time to become a pirate, DL Smile

Hoping their bottom-line gets affected enough that they start to make changes and no SCABs hang around to reinforce the status-quo of the environment at A/B, but who knows. At least with western companies, there's a higher chance of change happening rather than it getting severely swept under the rug, as do most eastern, notably Japanese companies tend to do with these kinds of scandals.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, I'll leave the justice dealing to the legal system and proper authorities. There's no reason good enough for me to turn to something as pathetic and scummy as piracy.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, I'll leave the justice dealing to the legal system and proper authorities. There's no reason good enough for me to turn to something as pathetic and scummy as piracy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The responses from the higher ups have been convincing me they know there's a severe degree of truth to the allegations, because even Ubisoft didn't do this much damage control. I've seen at least four different letters and statements from the top brass in the past week or so and some don't even line up.

Just found out that a game I play is closing down in three months and after that you can't play anymore. Shame because I liked the game and now don't know if I can care to keep playing until the end date. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The responses from the higher ups have been convincing me they know there's a severe degree of truth to the allegations, because even Ubisoft didn't do this much damage control. I've seen at least four different letters and statements from the top brass in the past week or so and some don't even line up.

Just found out that a game I play is closing down in three months and after that you can't play anymore. Shame because I liked the game and now don't know if I can care to keep playing until the end date. Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
What game is that Moony?

I actually was getting back into Overwatch when this happened so I decided to stop playing it at least until I actually se some change...which might be forever cause I honestly believe....that the whole triple A gaming industry is rotten to the core. Errm

Ubisoft, Riot, Electronic Arts, and Blizzard are all very shitty companies with very shitty work environments so I don't really hold out hope for much maybe when they were small companies, but as they grow and old CEOs that have attachments or actually do gaming stuff tend to fall away and they get replaced by the money bottomline CEOs who don't care about anything else except money.

So I tend to think of piracy as pretty cool I don't really do it now cause honestly most games aren't worth it, but I do think it a valid alternative to not giving a shitty company money.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
What game is that Moony?

I actually was getting back into Overwatch when this happened so I decided to stop playing it at least until I actually se some change...which might be forever cause I honestly believe....that the whole triple A gaming industry is rotten to the core. Errm

Ubisoft, Riot, Electronic Arts, and Blizzard are all very shitty companies with very shitty work environments so I don't really hold out hope for much maybe when they were small companies, but as they grow and old CEOs that have attachments or actually do gaming stuff tend to fall away and they get replaced by the money bottomline CEOs who don't care about anything else except money.

So I tend to think of piracy as pretty cool I don't really do it now cause honestly most games aren't worth it, but I do think it a valid alternative to not giving a shitty company money.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Konami is right on that list, as well, because Konami is Konami, and Konami is the worst. What with legal threats to ex-employees and the way they treat new hires, it's just a toxic work environment in that company. Granted, this was years ago that those reports came out, so maybe they've changed their tune...but I doubt it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Konami is right on that list, as well, because Konami is Konami, and Konami is the worst. What with legal threats to ex-employees and the way they treat new hires, it's just a toxic work environment in that company. Granted, this was years ago that those reports came out, so maybe they've changed their tune...but I doubt it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Pictures & Videos Thread Moonface 96 19,301 Jan 27th, 2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Microsoft Has Officially Acquired Activision Blizzard Dragon Lord 50 9,025 Oct 13th, 2023, 04:24 PM
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,702 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM