Summer Meltdown 2021
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]
Yes, I know this image says 2020, shut up.

Summer is here, the pandemic is still here, but more importantly Summer Meltdown is here! Wow

As is tradition, I'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in throughout the duration of the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in the festivities will earn you points which will net you rewards from the participation prize tiers, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own Summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • $10 PSN / XBL / Nintendo / Steam Gift Card or PayPal cash equivalent.
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1 Shiny Summer Meltdown themed Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 4 weeks
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • Coloured Username for 2 weeks
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
Participation Prize Tiers
  • Standard Summer Meltdown themed Universal Gaming Card - 1+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 10% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 5+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 25% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 10+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 50% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 15+ Meltdown Tokens
  • ??? - 20+ Meltdown Tokens
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 15 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 360XP. I can math I swear... ;n;

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2021, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

I have just one more thing to point out before I let you go (or leave anyway without reading more, I can't stop you), and that are the couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
Now with everything out of the way, you'll find all of our Summer Meltdown 2021 activities hosted in the Contests & Events forum as they go live throughout the event, so get out there and have some fun! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]
Yes, I know this image says 2020, shut up.

Summer is here, the pandemic is still here, but more importantly Summer Meltdown is here! Wow

As is tradition, I'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in throughout the duration of the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in the festivities will earn you points which will net you rewards from the participation prize tiers, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own Summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • 500 XP
  • 10% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 5+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 25% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 10+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 50% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 15+ Meltdown Tokens
  • ??? - 20+ Meltdown Tokens
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 15 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 360XP. I can math I swear... ;n;

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2021, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

I have just one more thing to point out before I let you go (or leave anyway without reading more, I can't stop you), and that are the couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
Now with everything out of the way, you'll find all of our Summer Meltdown 2021 activities hosted in the Contests & Events forum as they go live throughout the event, so get out there and have some fun! Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know I just realized Summer Meltdown is starting with the Moonfaire event in FFXIV...coincidence? I think not!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know I just realized Summer Meltdown is starting with the Moonfaire event in FFXIV...coincidence? I think not!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I misread that as the "Moonface" event and I was very confused for a second. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I misread that as the "Moonface" event and I was very confused for a second. ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You know what there really should just be a Moonface event I have no idea how we'd do it, but that would be neat!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You know what there really should just be a Moonface event I have no idea how we'd do it, but that would be neat!
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Aug 13th, 2021, 06:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 15 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 270XP.

FTFY. 360 is 18 times 20.

LET THE MELTDOWN COMMENCE!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 15 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 270XP.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2021, 07:01 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I knew there was going to be something I screwed up in that post. Funnily enough that was one of the last things I added into it. Rolleyes
It's supposed to be x20, but in my mind I was like "Oh 18 x 10 and then doubled is x15 right?" Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2021, 07:01 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I knew there was going to be something I screwed up in that post. Funnily enough that was one of the last things I added into it. Rolleyes
It's supposed to be x20, but in my mind I was like "Oh 18 x 10 and then doubled is x15 right?" Doh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2021 Results
The sun has set on another year of Summer Meltdown, so let's see what the final results turned out to be! ^_^

1st Place - @Maniakkid25
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Fire Emblem / Mega Man / Rayman)
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Chrono / Pokemon / WipEout)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Karo
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Chrono / Terraria)
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Silent Hill / Spyro) 
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card (Bioshock)
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card (WipEout)
  • 500 XP

Congratulations to our top three! Here is how the final standings turned out:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@Maniakkid25 10
@Karo 9
@ShiraNoMai 4
@Daisy Johnson 3
@Mr EliteL 2

For everyone who participated, you will receive any prize in the list below where you have met the minimum required amount of tokens. If you have 5+ tokens for example, you will receive everything up to and including that tier in the list. I have lowered the tier requirements because I grossly overestimated how many points I actually give out in contests. ROFL

• 10% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 5+ 3+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 25% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 10+ 5+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 50% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 15+ 8+ Meltdown Tokens

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@Maniakkid25 200
@Karo 180
@ShiraNoMai 80
@Daisy Johnson 60
@Mr EliteL 40

I will add everybody's rewards onto their accounts at some point today. For those who received prizes such as name colours and such, please let me know what you would like to have. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2021 Results
The sun has set on another year of Summer Meltdown, so let's see what the final results turned out to be! ^_^

1st Place - @Maniakkid25
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Fire Emblem / Mega Man / Rayman)
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Chrono / Pokemon / WipEout)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Karo
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Chrono / Terraria)
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Silent Hill / Spyro) 
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card (Bioshock)
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card (WipEout)
  • 500 XP

Congratulations to our top three! Here is how the final standings turned out:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@Maniakkid25 10
@Karo 9
@ShiraNoMai 4
@Daisy Johnson 3
@Mr EliteL 2

For everyone who participated, you will receive any prize in the list below where you have met the minimum required amount of tokens. If you have 5+ tokens for example, you will receive everything up to and including that tier in the list. I have lowered the tier requirements because I grossly overestimated how many points I actually give out in contests. ROFL

• 10% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 5+ 3+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 25% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 10+ 5+ Meltdown Tokens
  • 50% Discount Coupon for one purchase in the Marketplace - 15+ 8+ Meltdown Tokens

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@Maniakkid25 200
@Karo 180
@ShiraNoMai 80
@Daisy Johnson 60
@Mr EliteL 40

I will add everybody's rewards onto their accounts at some point today. For those who received prizes such as name colours and such, please let me know what you would like to have. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh wow, I did not expect that XD! I won?! Sweet! I'll take this shade of Orange as my color (It is in the third row and fifth column of the font color box on the forum).
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh wow, I did not expect that XD! I won?! Sweet! I'll take this shade of Orange as my color (It is in the third row and fifth column of the font color box on the forum).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2021, 06:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Done. Apologies for the delay on it; I was wanting to check that the name colour applied in the areas it's supposed to because last time I gave someone a name colour it didn't work as intended. It'll expire on October 22.
Additionally, don't forget you can ask for a game series of your choice to be represented with a UG card. You might be aware and just trying to decide but thought I'd put a reminder out just in case. Smile

Also I am aware I have not handed out the prizes yet. I'm getting onto that now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2021, 06:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Done. Apologies for the delay on it; I was wanting to check that the name colour applied in the areas it's supposed to because last time I gave someone a name colour it didn't work as intended. It'll expire on October 22.
Additionally, don't forget you can ask for a game series of your choice to be represented with a UG card. You might be aware and just trying to decide but thought I'd put a reminder out just in case. Smile

Also I am aware I have not handed out the prizes yet. I'm getting onto that now.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, after giving it much thought (a whole 10 minutes) I've decided that, while Digimon would be an obvious choice, I'm gonna go with Megami Tensei (MegaTen, for short). After all, it's a great game series that has been thrown around on the forums, and think of all the charactet portraits! Flynn, Demi-Fiend, Aleph, the new SMT V protag (don't know if he has a canon name, yet), the list goes on for ages, not including Persona and all the other spin-offs!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, after giving it much thought (a whole 10 minutes) I've decided that, while Digimon would be an obvious choice, I'm gonna go with Megami Tensei (MegaTen, for short). After all, it's a great game series that has been thrown around on the forums, and think of all the charactet portraits! Flynn, Demi-Fiend, Aleph, the new SMT V protag (don't know if he has a canon name, yet), the list goes on for ages, not including Persona and all the other spin-offs!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I'll get to work on that soon. Smile

Also, what platform did you want the $10 gift card for?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I'll get to work on that soon. Smile

Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Give me some sorta pink Moony I just really like pink! :3
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM)Karo Wrote:
Done!

Your username colour will expire on October 8.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM)Karo Wrote:
Done!

Your username colour will expire on October 8.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Sep 23rd, 2021, 04:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I will take it on PSN, thank you.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Sep 23rd, 2021, 04:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I will take it on PSN, thank you.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take this username color: #2ddae2 Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take this username color: #2ddae2 Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Meltdown 2022 | Results Moonface 16 3,317 Dec 23rd, 2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Daisy Johnson
  Halloween Birthday Bash 2021 Moonface 6 2,000 Dec 12th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Karo
  Summer Meltdown 2020 Moonface 7 4,970 Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Summer Meltdown 2019 Moonface 5 4,941 Aug 4th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Summer Meltdown 2018 | Results Moonface 22 19,919 Oct 5th, 2018, 09:01 PM